Mystics: Wizards are obsolete.

2»

Comments

• Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my 49 mystic beat a 7x wizard, nuff said.

(sorry just wanted to try being a troll rofl)

its true though, the wizard didn't bother getting some ground between me and him, so my Devil Chihyu and Punishing Sting kinda ripped him apart.

I do understand that was only PvP and has no effect on PvE.

It is hard for wiz to kill mystic since wiz get slow channel. A lvl100 wiz may still has hard time to kill a lvl80 mystic. As long as the wiz can't one shot mystic, mystic will not die. Mystic can heal then fight again if you give them a opening for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Tamedpanda - Dreamweaver
    Tamedpanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ya the first 1v1 he 1 shot me then i decided it would be best to stun him with my summon, which did end up messing with his channel time for the whole fight.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    mystics cannot replace any class. I played one myself I see things it lacks and things it has.... it basically pulls from other classes to make a list of moves that create a sort of balanced new class.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just to compare:

Thicket
    Focuses Sparks to summon plants, which deal
    Wood damage equal to 12 times Weapon
    Damage plus 6500.
    Has a chance to Silence and Freeze the target.

Requires two Sparks

Sage Bladetempest
    Focus all of one's vigor to create countless flames that fly towards the enemy,
    causing the target and all enemies 12.0 meters around the target to
    suffer both physical and Fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 200%
    of weapon damage plus 6200.0. Has a chance to cast a the cost of only one Spark.

Requires two Sparks

Sage version has a 50% chance cast at the cost of only one Spark.

Stone Smasher
    Use all of one's energy to invoke the spirit of the Mountain.
    Slams the target and all enemies around it.
    Attack all enemy targets within 8 meters,
    dealing damage based on your attack, plus 400%
    gear's magical attack and 10253.1 Earth damage.
    Reduces target's attack speed by 30% for 8 seconds.

Requires two Sparks

Lets add this one to the equation since it was forgotten :D

Yataghan Vortex

Drains 421.4 Mana every 1.5 seconds. Deals constant Physical damage
    to targets within a 12 meter radius. The damage is equal
    to base damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 7842.8.
    Spell will channel until you either run out of Chi or cancel
    the spell.
    consumes 2 sparks

less dmg than stonesmasher yes, but constant and 3k less than stonesmasher. Does this one win?
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It is more appropriate to compare that to the wizard skill Dragon's Breath as both are channeled AoE attacks.
    All enemies within 12 meters of you suffer constant Fire damage.
    Consumes 300 Mana every 3 seconds, inflicting Fire damage
    equal to base magic damage plus 4458.2. Casting will not stop
    until Mana is depleted or the spell is cancelled.

Requires one Spark
    the spell.

Costs 2 Sparks
  • hnhullax
    hnhullax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think Mystic never make the damage like a pure magic wiz make but he lives longer and can help partys
    how people said before me its an balanced class we will sea what they can when sage and demon skills for they come
    its an half cleric an half veno and half wiz only in one class
  • DaichiOni - Dreamweaver
    DaichiOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hnhullax wrote: »
    I think Mystic never make the damage like a pure magic wiz make but he lives longer and can help partys
    how people said before me its an balanced class we will sea what they can when sage and demon skills for they come
    its an half cleric an half veno and half wiz only in one class

dont you mean 1/3 veno, 1/3 wiz, 1/3 cleric?

And wizzies don't channel slow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Yataghan Vortex

the spell.
    consumes 2 sparks

less dmg than stonesmasher yes, but constant and 3k less than stonesmasher. Does this one win?

3k additional damage and 300% weapon damage less. Plus a seeker's base physical attack is going to be much lower than a psychic's base magic attack. On top of the psy getting a free 22 attack levels. I'd say no.

Especially because a single stun/sleep/interrupt will knock you out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • EmperiousDX - Archosaur
    EmperiousDX - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've got a lvl 75 mystic. It's a good class to play. Lvl 70 I one shot a lvl 88 Bm with thicket killed a lvl 90+ barb. Wizards are too easy to kill for me unless I "let" them get a good skill off. Toss my creeper out, put Falling petal on at all times and use Gale Force alot Seal + Freeze and I can have all the fun I want. + I can knockback??? yeah. Mystics do drain mp. Rez buff and giving chi to pet will tick my charm for each skill. But still We got 2 AoE Seal + Freeze skills. yes 2; Thicket is AoE, very small one but it is. Again lvl 70 duel (er...dmg test) with lvl 101 barb Vengeance > Rapid Growth > Thicket > Absorb Soul (Absorb Soul hit for 2.2k) got barb down toaround 5k hp. maybe not alot considering barbs charm will tick in pvp but its a decent bit of dmg. Mystic have many skills to keep enemies at bay. smart ones will know what to use.

Imagine Lvl 100 Mystic. Energy leech on a max Storm Mistress (50% mag def + 150%) Mag attack then 3x spark and HP to a group in TW and use Gale Force (Max 15 meter AoE) someone is bound to die. if not then they are still sealed and ready for wizzies and psys to nuke. Can't stop a seal. or can you....

Energy Leech on max Devil 100% phsy def and 25% crit rate increase.

Salvation Energy Leech 4000 dmg absorb + 4500 hp regen.

Mystic is all in the players skills. Only class I still have trouble with is sins and archers.
  • Teikei - Archosaur
    Teikei - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    TBH Emp said it perfect....Mystics from my experience arent like a veno or cleric (I have a 101 Cleric and 96 Veno)

You dont use the pet to tank, you use it to absorb more than anything Energy Leech < Most used thing ever.

My mystic is 89, I run FCs with her and her AoEs are only worth it when I use Energy Leech But when I use it, things drop fast. I have messed with PK, and again I find myself to be absorbing my pet more than wanting to keep it out. You also have to realize you dont need to revive your pet, so after you absorb it re summon it, then you have the added bonuses with it. But again even then, I normally only bring my pet out to absorb it, PvP and PvE.

This may be just me but that is how I use her, and is amazing so far.
  • Ciretako - Harshlands
    Ciretako - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So it's like this

1-QQ mystics replace clerics
    2-QQ mystics replace venos
    3-QQ mystics replace wizzies *you are here*
    4-QQ mystics replace psychics?
    5-QQ mystics replace archers?
    6-QQ mystics replace barbs?
    7-QQ mystics replace sins? *win*
    8-QQ mystics replace seekers? lolwut
    9-QQ mystics replace 5aps? <-- end of the world and the genesis prophecy comes true

I want to put this in my sig but it won't fit b:cry
  • Stipulation - Heavens Tear
    Stipulation - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    TBH Emp said it perfect....Mystics from my experience arent like a veno or cleric (I have a 101 Cleric and 96 Veno)

You dont use the pet to tank, you use it to absorb more than anything Energy Leech < Most used thing ever.

My mystic is 89, I run FCs with her and her AoEs are only worth it when I use Energy Leech But when I use it, things drop fast. I have messed with PK, and again I find myself to be absorbing my pet more than wanting to keep it out. You also have to realize you dont need to revive your pet, so after you absorb it re summon it, then you have the added bonuses with it. But again even then, I normally only bring my pet out to absorb it, PvP and PvE.

This may be just me but that is how I use her, and is amazing so far.

what's the mp drain like? im currently 55, and the drain's just terrible, probably need to fork out 3m for a charm.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    what's the mp drain like? im currently 55, and the drain's just terrible, probably need to fork out 3m for a charm.

MP charm is pretty much a waste of money. You'd just end up uselessly ticking it with half of your skills when you don't want to.

You get much better mp/coin with MP food, and you can choose whether or not to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For MP Problems , try a bit Apothecary , even lvl 3 can provide with MP pots that increase MP rec or restore MP for like 3k-6k.

after lvl 75 , problem is solved with token pots , though I wish their price would go up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Lanoa - Dreamweaver
    Lanoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Yataghan Vortex

the spell.
    consumes 2 sparks

this isn't even a mystic skill this is a seeker skill