Mystic vs. Other Classes Skill Comparison

Comments

• Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    oh....so that's why base magic attack=450% damage at lvl100....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nice :)

Three comments:

Falling Petals - heal isn't activated until you are hit (must be hit within a minute) so it's nice in a FF run or where it's better to stack the tank first, then send him in, because usually he gets stacked and then loses some when he runs in, so Falling Petals doesn't activate until hit. No, I'm not saying because of that it makes it better, between the two, I want a cleric doing it haha, but if you have both classes, it's a good thing to throw in there for a little more.

V.Shell - While it doesn't buff up EVERYTHING, it also doesn't drain your mana to use, where as a cleric, it sucks their mana up.

Mys Res - I think this is more so the answer to the poor clerics prayers lol. I know as a cleric I hate spending 50k for a rescroll and then having to use it due to stupid members in the party doing something lame. I mean, I get accidents, but when you die due to stupidity AND have to pay for res scrolls each time and still lose your exp, it's lame. At least here this gives people a chance.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the Res of the mystics seemed to work faster? Like with my BM died and I'd hit res, it would take a bit to register, then go, whereas I recently died on my mystic and it seemed to work faster?? Has anyone else experienced this or was this something improved for both res's through the expansion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @Eliaera- ok i updated it a litle sayign that BIDS adds base attack while thicket does not. im not going into all this math mumbo jumbo though XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If I did the math correct, Sage BIDS with rank 9 +12 does 44k.

While level 10 Thicket with rank 9 +12 would do 43k.

I did not factor in attack levels since they cancel each other out.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i still highly suggest ppl actually go in game and test these skills. because the discriptions can be wrong like they were for tideborn skills (anyone remember power dash description giving crit DAMAGE when it really gave crit RATE and force stealth being purification of debuffs <.<.?) alot of the seeker skills have bugged descriptions as well i heard.

so someone should get in and test thicket to see if the description is correct and not a typo like so many ppl think it is.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thicket from mystics might do almost as much dmg as sage bids does according to sum players, but what makes sage bids so dangerous is not just the damage it does but the 50% chance to increase the crit rate by 30% for 10 seconds. So basically, a wizard with sage bids has a very big chance to do double the damage. I only have 12% crit, yet I crit about 90% of the times I do bids on 2 or more people.
    Even if Thicket is close to bids in damage, wont be enough to make it as dangerous as bids.
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    One thing I notice about one of the Myst skills (Falling Petals) is that my heals start almost immediately after the damage starts-- not 9 seconds like the desc. says. That's definitely a plus.
  • Zimgo - Dreamweaver
    Zimgo - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    One thing I notice about one of the Myst skills (Falling Petals) is that my heals start almost immediately after the damage starts-- not 9 seconds like the desc. says. That's definitely a plus.

That's because Falling Petals is yet another mistyped spell description. It currently reads:

"The target regains HP equal to 714 plus 30% of your basic Magic Attack 9 seconds after being attacked. Lasts up to 1 minute."

Where it SHOULD read:

"Upon being hit, the target regains HP equal to 714 plus 30% of your base magic attack over 9 seconds. This effect wears off after 1 minute without being hit, or once the healing period is complete"
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thicket from mystics might do almost as much dmg as sage bids does according to sum players, but what makes sage bids so dangerous is not just the damage it does but the 50% chance to increase the crit rate by 30% for 10 seconds. So basically, a wizard with sage bids has a very big chance to do double the damage. I only have 12% crit, yet I crit about 90% of the times I do bids on 2 or more people.
    Even if Thicket is close to bids in damage, wont be enough to make it as dangerous as bids.

why are you comparing a sage to a non sage? sage BiD shouldnt even be in this discussion at all.

try to compare sage BiDs again when mystics actually get there sage/demon skills/books.

and btw, thicket is has a channel time of 2 seconds. just throwing that out there. not only that but i think cragglord will be a better alternative at higher lvls then thicket.

cragglord only lasts 20 seconds, but during that 20 seconds he does some pretty sick ****ing dmg. 12.9k non crit skill atks just at lvl 59. and since summons stats increase with gear, character lvl, and summon lvl, a lvl 100 cragglord will be pretty powerful. so over the course of cragglords 20 second lifespan he might easily out dmg thicket.

but like i said, ppl really need to test this stuff out.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @Eliaera- ok i updated it a litle sayign that BIDS adds base attack while thicket does not. im not going into all this math mumbo jumbo though XD

Cool, it's ok if you just specify it. The math I did was more of an example to see if they're comparable or not.

It's correct now. b:thanks
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    About the Bramble Tornado vs. Landslide comparison:

Landslide might knockback further, but Bramble Tornado can be cast from further back. On both my wizard and my psychic I always found it annoying how I would have to run up a little before I actually start channeling the push skill -- not so with the mystic!
  • XXXpwnerXXX - Archosaur
    XXXpwnerXXX - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystics are pretty good i beated Barbarian lvl 38 when i was lvl 33 and beated seeker same way and can you compare the summons skills as mystic skills cuse the cuse third summon is good
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I wonder if a lovely moderator would kindly sticky this helpful piece of information? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    magena wrote: »

---
    Comforting Mist VS Chromatic Healing Beam
    Again, tunnel vision. Arm a mystic with Rapid Growth and they could easily over take Chromatic Healing Beam.
    ---
    I agree that cleric's squad heal is not that great skill (where I would prefer heal over time personally, what psys got), BUT saying "arm mystic with..." in this kind of comparsion is just wrong. Plus, the cooldown time 6 seconds versus 3 seconds will stay with any channeling bonus.
  • SolRei - Harshlands
    SolRei - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not sure if a veno could do the same but today while I was doing an fb with a venomancer I managed to heal their pet with Heal Summon.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes. Mystics and venos can heal each other's pets/summons. (not the plants, the regular ones)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Ive healed on a cleric before, and today was my first time healing on my Mystic (no cleric in the party) for BH 39. I have to say it was difficult XD i had to spam mp pots AND apoth pots. Not only that, it was difficult to keep up with the killspeed of the party, and how many people were getting hurt by the explosive mobs.

but after i hit 50, and started using new 50 pots, i feel my mana is staying up better now (while killing, anyways) then when i was in my 40s and lower. i can only expect it to get better.

healing will probably get easier too as i lvl up my falling petals (still lvl 1 due to lack of SP xD) and comforting mist (as long as people dont walk out of the range when healing lol).

I also found the healing herb to be useful when healing, even though it heals such small amounts, it helped for the assassins in the party which had very low HP.

anyways, what im getting at is, comparing to clerics, their healing job is a lot "easier" than mystics, because they 1-dont need as much mana and 2-have better healing abilities.

its nice to know the difference between these classes, although we have the same abilities, mystic just isnt as strong at it... and now i dont think I will do another BH without a cleric XD but, i think Mystics will still serve a strong purpose as a DD and backup healer. I feel I have a relatively fast killspeed, in comparison to veno, probably the same as them (at my lvl anyways), but of course, our summons arent as strong as their pets (well, ill say, our summons are a hell lot squishier lol), which make venos stronger in that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Verdant shell is more like a wizard's Stone Barrier than cleric buffs.

Its a self-buff that increases pdef / some elemental resistance, and stacks with other squad buffs (like bell and vanguard). It's not as strong as stone barrier though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystic's
    Thicket
    Max at level 86
    Level 10
    Mana 903
    Chan 2 sec
    Cast 1.5 sec
    Cool 30 sec
    AOE - Deals wood DMG 12 times (1200%) weapon DMG, plus 6500 additional DMG. Chance to silence and freeze targets. Req 2 sparks.

Comparable to:
    Wizard's
    Black Ice Dragon Strike
    Max at level 86
    Level 10
    Mana 516
    Chan 4 sec
    Cast 1.6 sec
    Cool 30 sec
    AOE - Deals water DMG of basic magic attack, plus 500% weapon DMG, plus 9648.9 additional DMG. 95% chance to slow enemeies. Req 2 sparks.

Comment: This is an akward comparison, but it works. Thicket is 700% weapon DMG stronger, but 3148.9 additional DMG weaker. Black Ice Dragon Strike also adds basic magic attack DMG, and Thicket does not.
    I disagree for this
    This skill looks more like the skill of the venomancer :

Parasitic Nova (lvl1)
    Range 17.4 meters
    Mana 318.6
    Channel 3.0 seconds
    Cast 1.2 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Transcendent
    Summon a toxic parasite array to attack the target and all
    enemies in a 8.4 meter radius around the target. Inflicts
    Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 165% of weapon
    damage plus 2614.6. Has a 67% chance to make them chaotic for
    3.5 seconds, in which they are unable to move or attack.

Requires two Sparks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    this reason I didnt compare it to nova is because the DMG of the 2 skills are too far apart, thicket is much stronger than nova.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All I see is similar skills that cost the mystic way more mp for equal or diminished effects. Its not like a mere 30mp difference, but hundreds in some cases, and its just annoying.

None of the skills are by themselves or even in certain combinations OP, as this thread affirms they are totally comparable yet the mystic gets to chug mp pots non stop even if they don't use plants or pets or much healing from my experience.

I've never played a class that needs to buy 50-100 mp pots every time I go to town to turn in quests. I don't even use pets much because except for special situations they are unnecessary and a waste of mp.

I'm hoping that craglord will redeem one of them for me. Salvation is awesome but I mainly use it to shield from aoe which ends up killing it easily lol. Would be nice if the support pet didn't need more healing than the squad. I haven't checked the range on its buffs yet, but if i can park it out of aoe and still buff with it then cool.

The 2 healing plants, at least at lv1 are horrible wastes of mp. They heal for **** and even maxed I can't imagine an argument for not using creeper instead and just using aoe heal and other 2 heals if I need to. Its not like people are gonna group up in the plants 4m range of barely healing.

I really hope that there are sage/demon transference. Hope sage has like a 2:1 exchange rate or something and demon shortens the duration or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    the aoe plants use to be good... vital herb healed something like 400 HP per second +xx% magic atk at max last time i checked. now its completly changed.

when did they nerf them that hard?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I've never played a class that needs to buy 50-100 mp pots every time I go to town to turn in quests. I don't even use pets much because except for special situations they are unnecessary and a waste of mp.

The 2 healing plants, at least at lv1 are horrible wastes of mp. They heal for **** and even maxed I can't imagine an argument for not using creeper instead and just using aoe heal and other 2 heals if I need to. Its not like people are gonna group up in the plants 4m range of barely healing.
    Im in the same boat as you with buying ****-loads of meds. yeah, i never used to buy so many mana pots on my veno or cleric when questing/grinding. Selling the DQs I get make up for the mana pots, but not much money left to save for skill upgrades.

And I agree about the healing plant too. I think Id prefer to help out on a boss with lvl 10 befuddling creeper than with the healing herbs. At lvl 10, the first healing herb heals 3,750 HP over 1 minute. It might be alright for weak AOE boss monsters, so you can concentrate on healing 1 person. But most likely there will be a cleric in the situations of killing bosses, so then befuddling would be the better choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    thank you for the sticky! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Comment: Same healing amount, except Mystics sucks more than Clerics. Why? Clerics can stack theirs, making it heal even more than that. Clerics even last longer. But, It doesnt seem like a bad skill for the Mystic to have, just not as supportive as a Clerics.

Correct me if I'm wrong, (please do) But doesnt Falling Petals have a Hit and be healed effect on it? And it procs like x number of seconds afterwards. While I agree that its worse than IH; falling petals is more like a buff than a heal skill, right?

Falling Petals Level 10
    Range 26.5 meters
    Mana 378
    Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 2.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Adept
    The target regains HP equal to 714 plus 30% of your basic Magic
    Attack 9 seconds after being attacked. Lasts up to 1 minute.

Edit: Sorry I found something else, might be prudent sorry ^_^;;

Salvation Level 10
    Mana 1365
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 8.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    Summons Salvation to assist you, who can add a shield to
    your friends. Energy Leech can draw the defense from this
    summon and grant you a shield which can absorb 4000
    damage. You also get a 4500 HP Falling Petals
    state which lasts for 30 Seconds.

I dont quite understand what the final part of the summon. Do you get a heal that heals for 4500 hp per each time your hit, or does it only heal for 4500 hp extra?
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    IH is really the only other thing to compare it to. theyre very similar in heal amounts, and both overtime healing skills. as stated before, though, clerics can stack, while ours cannot.

as for the energy leech on salvation, it puts the same skill "buff" as falling petals on you, so when you get hit, it will heal you 4,500 HP over 9 seconds (im assuming, since Falling Petals heals over 9 seconds). not 4,500 per tick, just 4,500 overall the 9 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hmm, drat. Is it possible to leech that skill onto another class without being a Demon seeker? (like its point target) I'm sorry I havent played a mystic yet and my wife isnt home so I cant ask her Q.Q
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I dont really know what your talking about, when you say Demon Seeker. But you cant give Energy Leech effects to other people, they only benefit yourself (from salvation sacrifice). But the skill , Falling Petals, can be casted on other people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PunchNKick - Lost City
    PunchNKick - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Nature's Vengeance

Max at level 36
    Level 10
    Mana 132
    Chan 1 sec
    Cast 1 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    100% weapon DMG, plus 723 additional DMG. Slow 30% for 12 seconds.

Comparable to:
    Venomancer's
    Venomous Scarab

Max at level 45
    Level 10
    Mana 68.8
    Chan 1.5 sec
    Cast 1 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    Base magic DMG 100% of weapon, plus 966 additional DMG.

Comment: Venos DMG is better, but its only because the levels between upgrades is larger. It is only about 200 more DMG, but overall, venos have more to choose from when it comes to attacking. Mystics costs more mana, and can be very draining when using this skill constantly.

Mystic's
    Heal Summon

Max at level 52
    Level 10
    Mana 275
    Chan .5 sec
    Cast .5 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    Restore 540 HP to summon, plus 30% magic attack.

Comparable to:
    Venomancer's
    Heal Pet

Max at level 93
    Level 10
    Mana 95
    Chan 1.5 sec
    Cast 1.0 sec
    Cool 1.0 sec
    Restore 540 HP to summon, plus 30% magic attack.

Comment: They heal the same amount of HP. Only thing Im jealous of is that Mystics get theirs to level 10 way faster than venos. But, I guess the mana usage is a punishment for that :P

Mystic's
    Break in the Clouds

Max at level 45
    Level 10
    Mana 240
    Chan .5 sec
    Cast .5 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    Heal 330 HP plus 30% of base magic attack.

Comparable to:
    Cleric's
    Wellspring Surge

Max at level 54
    Level 10
    Mana 162
    Chan 1.5s sec
    Cast 1 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    Recover 350 HP plus 20% base magic attack.

Comment: They pretty much heal the same, and Mystic even heals faster. Not too much more mana cost for the Mystic, but dont worry, Clerics, this doesnt make you unuseful! :)

Mystic's
    Falling Petals

Max at level 54
    Level 10
    Mana 378
    Chan .5 sec
    Cast 1 sec
    Cool 2 sec
    Regain 714 HP plus 30% of base magic attack over 9 seconds.

Comparable to:
    Cleric's
    Ironheart Blessing

Max at level 51
    Level 10
    Mana 229.5
    Chan 1 sec
    Cast 1 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    Regain 714 HP plus 30% of base magic attack over 12 seconds.

Comment: Same healing amount, except Mystics sucks more than Clerics. Why? Clerics can stack theirs, making it heal even more than that. Clerics even last longer. But, It doesnt seem like a bad skill for the Mystic to have, just not as supportive as a Clerics.

Mystic's
    Verdant Shell

Max at level 54
    Level 10
    Mana 567
    Chan 1 sec
    Cast 1.5 sec
    Cool 20 sec
    Adds 80% of armors wood, water, and physical DMG resistances.

Comparable to:
    Cleric's
    Vanguard Spirit/Magical Shell

Max at level 36/43
    Level 10
    Mana 108/129
    Chan .5 sec
    Cast 1 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    Adds 60% of armors physical/magical defenses.

Comment: Cleric wins again, only because the cleric can cast on other people. But with Mytics buff alone, it benefits the mystic themselves more. That plus cleric buffs adds a nice advantage, only disadcantage for the Mystic is that it does not help with Earth, Metal, or Fire resistances.

Mystic's
    Resurrect

Max at level 64
    Level 10
    Mana 2660
    Chan 1.5 sec
    Cast 1.5 sec
    Cool 30 sec
    Buff - adds ability to resurrect on the spot when dead. Exp loss reduced by 80%, 50% HP upon revival.

Comparable to:
    Cleric's
    Revive

Max at level 64
    Level 10
    Mana 960
    Chan 6 sec
    Cast 1 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    Revive anyone that is dead (but yourself). EXP loss reduced by 90%, 10% HP/MP upon revival.

Comment: These two skills I would have to say is a tie. It is nice that Mystics buff lasts 15 minutes, also adds noticeable bubbles floating around the character, so you can tell when the buff runs out. Cleric, of course, is still the only one who can revive an already dead person though, and with 10% more EXP reduction.

Vixter, at much as your enthusiasm to help out mystics in perfect world. This are the compares that don't stand. Because they of a different skill tier. We can't expect a skill at is learnt at level 9 to stand up against a level 19, neither the other way around.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Vixter, at much as your enthusiasm to help out mystics in perfect world. This are the compares that don't stand. Because they of a different skill tier. We can't expect a skill at is learnt at level 9 to stand up against a level 19, neither the other way around.

what are you talking about? most of these skills you quoted are almost exactly the same. And a lot of them are learned very close to the same levels as well. these are also in comparisons at mac level of the skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]