So what do you think about the new classes?

Options
SoIon - Lost City
SoIon - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
In my opinion...... so far the Seeker is a big pushover that can't really tank and the Mystic is a kill stealing class that won't let others have a mob
Post edited by SoIon - Lost City on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In my opinion...... so far the Seeker is a big pushover that can't really tank and the Mystic is a kill stealing class that won't let others have a mob
    Seeker : Mean has abilities to aoe, debuffs, and support party. Not a tank just like what already discussed on other thread.

On your mystic comment . . b:chuckle that exactly what people say about venomancer before.
    It's only huge flow of new character . . it will gone in a week maybe ..
    Just try to join a squad b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    trust me ... its a billion times easier if you just squad with the people around you and get it over with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Soon as i saw "Mystic is a kill stealing class that won't let others have a mob", that just made me think the OP is clueless, the class it self isnt a kill stealing class, the ****'s behind the character is the KS'er, i always send my pet in first just about, if my pet is charging towards a mob and i see someone about to hit it, ill immediately pull it back, i don't think *oh farge it, my pets gone in so ill finish it off* like the majority of the idiots do.

Currently got my mystic to 35, really not had much time to play these past few days but dang, mystic really burns through MP faster then any other class if your not even remotely careful, also the fact that x2 event is on, people need to take advantage of it and stop being selfish SOB's, by not squading with others because of there precious exp, if it gets the quests done faster then brilliant, end of the day, as soon as were 40+, the power leveling begins anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Dante_A - Heavens Tear
    Dante_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Level 62 Seeker

Yeah i helped a bit on that, but anyways.

So far, i can tell that Seeker is fun - except for some things.

Bugs.

A lot of bugs.

Like:

Skill description "Darkcloud Bolt", where it says "Deals Physical damage equal to base Physical damage plus 8.8 to all enemies within a 1118.2 meter radius"

So i would aggro the entire worldmap - nice.

Or:

Skill description "Bladed Fervor" where it says "Weapon's Critical strike rate is increased by 1%, Attack level is increased by 3, and Defense level is increased by 1."

I got this Skill on lvl 3. Since lvl 1, there isnt any change. But(!) when i look at my weapon, it got Crit+1 and Atklvl +1.

O.o

Same to "Saber Rattle" and "Krav Maga". Description says +3 Atklvl (SR) and +5 Deflvl (KM). Weapon? +1 and +1.

Also it looks like 2 Icons got mixed. "Stalagstrike" should got "Darkcloud Bolt"s icon and vice verca (ok, this is my opinion, but they look like miniversions of the each other Skill o.O)

Oh! And dont forget the Wizzard-like-aoe-skill "Yataghan Vortex".

I mean, seriously... 303,8 MP per 1,5 seconds?! Seeker is a HA class. With a high need in Str and Dex - and ofc Vit. Iam allready low on Vit, to do good dmg. How on earth should i EVER get enough MP to keep that Skill a lil bit longer alive, so it take at least a little bit effect? Im allready charmed, smart ppl.

Calculate for yourself. 10 Sec cooldown for Charm, 1143 MP, 303,8 each 1,5 seconds.

I hope there will be some fixes and improvements, cause i realy realy like that class. Its fun, the different sword stances, effects and all that stuff.

PS: Why calling a Def-Buff "Krav Maga" ?! Krav Maga is a highly aggressive and deadly martial art. Not realy defense. Topic of Krav Maga is "Kill before getting killed"

Think about it.
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Skill description "Darkcloud Bolt", where it says "Deals Physical damage equal to base Physical damage plus 8.8 to all enemies within a 1118.2 meter radius"

You must admit, that would be epicb:chuckle

My opinion so far on the mystic:

Summons: not as good as veno pet

Heal: not as good as cleric heal

Dps: not as good as Phychic

Dph: not nearly as good as Wizard

all in all kinda nice to have the previously separate skill sets in one character, but I'll probably opt for the originals when forming a squad. b:scorn
  • Makseleren - Heavens Tear
    Makseleren - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My opinion so far:

I'm lvl 36 on my mystic. So far

Pet: far better than veno golem. It does all the work for me, hits hard and not that mp costly as I thought.

Plants: so far I've only use them to distract mobs that gank me.

Heals: casts like the wellspring and heals like ironnheart on cleric. Very nice.

Spells: In pve-OVERPOWERED. Nature's Vengence + Absorb Soul is always two shot. (Although I only use them when I'm killing 2 mobs at the same time because the pet can do it alone).

MP consume: Nasty IF you attack the mobs along with your tank. Next to nothing if you fill up the pet, send it and occasionally heal.

I've played a veno long ago until lvl 50 (and no offense venos) the mystic is far easier. I can kill 3 pets at a time without being touched. I really like mystic so far. Also I'm richer now than on my veno so: yay moneymaker class!b:dirty
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Both look balanced.

Seeker is like a physical wizzie. It probably won't be too fantastic in world PK or 1v1 fights (no anti-stun) but will probably excel in TW, where it can hide under all the chaos.

Mystic seems like a support class above all. Damage similar to a veno (not so impressive), heal spells and all sorts of tricks. VERY chi hungry though. Their summons and plants are by far more useful than their basic attacks.

As I said in my thread, my biggest question is how the Mystic's spammable res buff will change the look of a fight, and how long it'll take before jerkholes start using it to res and jump their opponent once the opponent is busy fighting someone else.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Level 62 Seeker

Bugs.

A lot of bugs.

Like:

Or:

Skill description "Bladed Fervor" where it says "Weapon's Critical strike rate is increased by 1%, Attack level is increased by 3, and Defense level is increased by 1."

I got this Skill on lvl 3. Since lvl 1, there isnt any change. But(!) when i look at my weapon, it got Crit+1 and Atklvl +1.

Not a bug, they meant to be like that.

O.o

Same to "Saber Rattle" and "Krav Maga". Description says +3 Atklvl (SR) and +5 Deflvl (KM). Weapon? +1 and +1.

Also it looks like 2 Icons got mixed. "Stalagstrike" should got "Darkcloud Bolt"s icon and vice verca (ok, this is my opinion, but they look like miniversions of the each other Skill o.O)

I mean, seriously... 303,8 MP per 1,5 seconds?! Seeker is a HA class. With a high need in Str and Dex - and ofc Vit. Iam allready low on Vit, to do good dmg. How on earth should i EVER get enough MP to keep that Skill a lil bit longer alive, so it take at least a little bit effect? Im allready charmed, smart ppl.

Calculate for yourself. 10 Sec cooldown for Charm, 1143 MP, 303,8 each 1,5 seconds.

That's why this expansion is mp costly. Both Mystic and Seeker.

I hope there will be some fixes and improvements, cause i realy realy like that class. Its fun, the different sword stances, effects and all that stuff.

I think the skills are set, they will only adjust it if there is any serious problem. Except the resurrect, other are exactly the same as Wanmei.

PS: Why calling a Def-Buff "Krav Maga" ?! Krav Maga is a highly aggressive and deadly martial art. Not realy defense. Topic of Krav Maga is "Kill before getting killed"

It's not just they are not offensive, the translation for it is just completely off. Seriously? Something that is completely not Chinese....skill like Archer's Awaken, Sin's Focus Mind is just wrong in translation.

Think about it.
    My opinion so far:

Pet: far better than veno golem. It does all the work for me, hits hard and not that mp costly as I thought.

Normal grinding yes, get to lvl 80 and do some FF and TT and you will see.

Heals: casts like the wellspring and heals like ironnheart on cleric. Very nice.

Spells: In pve-OVERPOWERED. Nature's Vengence + Absorb Soul is always two shot. (Although I only use them when I'm killing 2 mobs at the same time because the pet can do it alone).

MP consume: Nasty IF you attack the mobs along with your tank. Next to nothing if you fill up the pet, send it and occasionally heal.

I've played a veno long ago until lvl 50 (and no offense venos) the mystic is far easier. I can kill 3 pets at a time without being touched. I really like mystic so far. Also I'm richer now than on my veno so: yay moneymaker class!b:dirty

Don't worry, your money will soon be in PWE's pocket :P

The new classes a nice :P, better add some new classes like Bomber, Tank, Gunner, Destoryer, Carrier, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The new classes a nice :P, better add some new classes like Bomber, Tank, Gunner, Destoryer, Carrier, etc.

Put conjurer and finally i can see class with wraiths, undeads, or demons as their minion. b:chuckle

Or just put what already posted on suggestion box, since some of them has very unique idea.
    Like for example class without weapon or offensive attribute is phy / vit instead of int / mag or str.
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Makseleren - Heavens Tear
    Makseleren - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    At mooy:

I sence your hatred towards the new classes through the screen...b:laugh JK.

I've just stated what I think so far. Things might change later, I dont know.

I like mystic, it's everything I've expected it to be before the release. As for my money going to PWE. Real money will never go to PWE because I'm 100% cashshop free. And ingame money... all ingame money go to PWE in one way or another.

NO BOMBER AND DESTROYERS!!! They will be OP and people will QQ.b:shockedb:laugh
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Wtf are we playing Perfect World or Battleship?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

He's on a boat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Clearly some protoss vs an overly OP terran.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Compared to other race city . . earthguard is a lot bigger . . b:shocked
    I am falling on the way to the elder . . and rubber band bellow there . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

omg I'm laughing so hard at this!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Clearly some protoss vs an overly OP terran.

You require additional pylons.

Lolwhut
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My opinion so far:

None taken, but a lvl50 veno doesn't have all the tools yet. >>
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Level 62 Seeker

Bugs.

A lot of bugs.

Like:

Or:

O.o

Think about it.

86 Seeker

Ok, the runic buffs display what they'll be at end level, that's why you're not seeing what you're getting until you have them maxed. Just poor text representation.

Yataghan Vortex requires Yuanxiao to be nearly spammed, and it keeps up with it without charm ticks.

Darkcloud they just inverted the text, I'm sure it will be fixed.

The Yataghan won't change. And the other errors are to be expected during an initial launch phase of something when there's no playerbase beta.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • TheBauhaus - Sanctuary
    TheBauhaus - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They're interesting.

I'm more interested in the seeker, atm, than the mystic, just because I'm a bit veno-ed out.

I wish the seeker skills would be a bit more offensive than defensive.
    I was really hoping for a bladewizard.
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My opinion so far:

LOL...lvl 50 veno,you dont know nothing about veno b:chuckle
    Im play mystic and I like it,but veno is more versatile to pvp for melee debuffer fox form.
    Overpowered? no...veno kills others mobs at same time too lol....3 mobs without being touching?only 3? b:chuckle
    Prove killing end game 100+ mobs,3 or 5 at same time,I do it at 50+ without problems....I duno with mystc,im quit playing the fakeveno now lol and test the seeker and like very much.
    So,as I say..I like mystic,but as a veno I dont see nothing new.
    Cya and good game b:bye
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear
    ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Level 62 Seeker

Bugs.

A lot of bugs.

Like:

Or:

O.o

Think about it.

You are correct sir. XD I noticed these things to. Also hating the DEF lmao. Hope that gets raised a bit more in the future XD. I like this classes concept though so Ima stick to it and hope things get a little better they dont need to much a fix. b:chuckle
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    At mooy:

I sence your hatred towards the new classes through the screen...b:laugh JK.

I've just stated what I think so far. Things might change later, I dont know.

I like mystic, it's everything I've expected it to be before the release. As for my money going to PWE. Real money will never go to PWE because I'm 100% cashshop free. And ingame money... all ingame money go to PWE in one way or another.

NO BOMBER AND DESTROYERS!!! They will be OP and people will QQ.b:shockedb:laugh

Hatred toward Wanmeib:chuckle

We are playing Assassin International right now aren't we? Well, the people in Wanmei making threads about adding new weapon like AK-47 everyday since the release of motorcycle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Rieco - Raging Tide
    Rieco - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL...lvl 50 veno,you dont know nothing about veno b:chuckle
    Im play mystic and I like it,but veno is more versatile to pvp for melee debuffer fox form.
    Overpowered? no...veno kills others mobs at same time too lol....3 mobs without being touching?only 3? b:chuckle
    Prove killing end game 100+ mobs,3 or 5 at same time,I do it at 50+ without problems....I duno with mystc,im quit playing the fakeveno now lol and test the seeker and like very much.
    So,as I say..I like mystic,but as a veno I dont see nothing new.
    Cya and good game b:bye

Your being hollow minded and basicly baised to the *clone* class, I've played a veno longer then you without a doubt, seemings as i played one on pw-my for 2 years and played it here for about 1 and half year, on HL and RT, also played a few p-servers with a veno tbh.

I've no idea how you can say *nothing new* there totally different, when you get a mob attacking you with a veno, what does everyone do? they tend to run with there tails in between there legs and get there pet to get it asap, with the mystic if i got something on me, i just kill it very fast compared to my veno and toss a heal onto my self, pet wise, the first pet they get obviously is the phy DD pet, not very good tanking capability but its damage is pretty good, a venos pet is kinda like the oposite, pretty good to tank and mediocre DD *unless its a nix*, im waiting to see what the 59 pet is like for the mystic really, still gota level up a lot of skills but im really enjoying the mystic my self.

Coming form a 3-4 year experienced veno in both pve and pvp, i say the mystic is definitely something new, non biased.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i like mystics but overall i am dissapointed with the class. to make a long story short they are weak. there pets depend HIGHLY on its lvl, skill lvl, and the gear of the mystic. that is when there pets really start to pay off but u need $$$ for that to happen....

they also depend highly on there pets for all DDing purposes even more so then venos.

but all that said the ONLY change that needs to be done to mystics is change cragglord from lasting 20 seconds to it being a perm summon. if they do this mystics will be significantly better since they heavily rely on there pets ALOT more then a veno does.

without a pet there only skill to DD with is natures vengenace and maybe thicket. thats it. because of that fact energy leeching a pet seems not very smart unless its for emergency/despration purposes. especially since the effects of energy leech lasts only 20 seconds and energy leech itself has a 171 second cooldown at lvl 1. at lvl 10 it has a 297 second cooldown.

so ya, make cragglord perm and mystics will be alot better.
  • tidesuxbadly
    tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    -- What do I think of the new classes? ---- I think that i need to keep leveling my sin....
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cleric + veno = mystic. COOL!
    only draw back, i was squad ed with a few mystics and i saw their hp and mp bars drop like a stone.
    I'm more used to a self sustained class where i can grind all day and stop every 5 hours to fix my gear. so i spam an attack over and over again. to me that is what is was made for. i send my veno in and 2 seconds later i start attackin. we kill a normal mob in 3 hits.
    the new classes seem like a blend of the others but not as good.
    i guess it all depends on the player itself. some say they love it while others hate it.
    i will do with these new ones like i done with the others and level them up and then stick with the one i like. i will only change classes if there is a better one i can solo with. i can solo tank any boss my level that don't AOE. hope the new classes can too.
    only time will tell.
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think this was a waste of an expansion.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Turgara - Sanctuary
    Turgara - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lvl 54 Mystic

First, I would like to recommend to all future Mystic's DO NOT lvl your ressurect. Yes, it's nice to have less loss of exp and actually gain more hp then 10% compared to the cleric's revive, but the mana it takes is ridiculous. Lvl 1 ressurect takes 416, mine's lvl 8 and it takes 2662 O.o. I have just under 5k for mana so it takes half my mana to buff one person with it. I rather have just left it at lvl 1 and put the buff on clerics since their use to not getting their exp back without another cleric around. Also, even though it doesn't say it, it does give you mp as well as hp when you revive which isn't worth the mana it costs.

Second, as for DDing in my opinion it all depends on your weapon. I'm using the 50 weapon from the supply stash and with it and my Nature move at lvl 10, it hits 2-3k on same lvl mobs and I'm not even a pure mag build. Also, Soul Absorb can hit anywhere from 3.5k-4.5k on same lvl mobs. And I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but even though it says it doesn't crit, I have notice that every now and then the damage doubles. I hit a lvl 52 mob for 6k with it and the skill is only lvl7. Add your debuff plant and then you hit another 100-200 damage on each hit, and that's if you don't have your plant lvl maxed.

Thirdly, I don't rely on just my pet. There is more than two DD skills and you don't even get Thicket til 59. There is an aoe move you get at 39, and push move at 49 that does considerable amount of damage. Not to mention a poision move that sticks to the mobs and then applies damage when it's health is below 60%. And with instant heal it wouldn't be that hard to take on other mobs as my pet is attacking.
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i just found out that the mystics have a rez buff. COOL!!!!!!
    hurry up mystics and help me do my bh69b:chuckle
    i know u r out there and many are doin them now. dont be shy ,we don't bite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Only played a mysty and I like it so far,it seems balanced really ^_^.
    However,i have a problem with their heal summon...same amount of hp as for veno heal pet,but my veno's lvl 8 heal consumes 75 mana, my mysty's lvl 5 consumes 135 alreadyb:cryb:surrender...granted,it cast faster,but still, the mp cost on heal is more than if i used attack skills b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]