The Walking Dead: a Mystic's res skill

Options

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Saying mystics are op is like saying a cleric is op. -.- They have support skills, so what? So do clerics. Also in tw with demon res, I can res anyone I want without being killed first so is that op?
    A mystic would not be able to cast a res buff on their whole squad in tw unless they had quite a while to do so. And if they aren't mp charmed? Even longer.
    As far as pk goes, who cares if they get up again? They won't be buffed and won't have completely full hp, so what's it matter? Kill them again, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ryuujitaka wrote: »
    A really fun part is that when you res with the skill, it restores some of your hp and mp. So if you are a mystic, you res with enough mp to cast the skill on yourself again. I'ts pretty nice....if you are the mystic. Would be pretty annoying if you were trying to kill the mystic.

HP yes but mana no, mine is lvl 4 and needs 1700 mp.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can get hits in towards the end of the ressurecting animation, plus there's a bit of a delay between the end of the res animation and before you can move again.

Keeping an eye on your surroundings is pretty important in PvP actually.

Yeah, as I said, it's not so much the ressed person being a huge threat themselves, but the distraction and advantage that having a squad that can res buys.

If I'm Psy willed and a BM occult ices and melees me, am I useless? No, I'm distracting him. I've made him waste his occult ice, much like he made me waste Psy will. In the same sense, even if a class is killed the moment it resses, it's buying time for his allies. Someone has to stop what they're doing and strike him down before he becomes a threat again. And then we have classes like BM, Sin and archer who can STILL be an immediate threat without chi, genie or MP on hand.

Also wtf at everyone saying I'm saying Mystics are OP. No, they're not. They've got nice, diverse skills, but their damage output seems lacking; never a good thing. What I am stressing 1) how dire this skill is to have in your team 2) The potential for people to use this to be a-holes. The same way sins use stealth to stalk you and wait until you fight someone else to attack, people can lay dead and wait until you fight someone else to res and attack.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They don't seem like they'll add much more to the squad though in group PvP, their summons don't look very strong in PvP and neither do their attack skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hmm... *goes out into silverpool with deaden nerves + mystic rez buff*b:sin
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They don't seem like they'll add much more to the squad though in group PvP, their summons don't look very strong in PvP and neither do their attack skills.

Their attack skills do suck. It's like a veno: their damage is significantly lower than that of a Psy or Wizzie.

However, their summons are good. AOE sleep, a two spark summon that deals immense damage, a DoT AOE plant, and they've got MANY supportive skills.

They could basically be seen as clerics almost, as far as their impact on the squad. Can't say I've fought a full squad with a Mystic supporting yet, but I would imagine they can support quite well.

Their main hinderances? Insane MP costs, bad damage on their own attacks and insane chi costs. Like, ALL of their skills need chi, holy hell. (9 skills needing chi, many only needing 30 chi but still.)

But they have a pet specifically for support, they have a plant summon for support, and a buff they can spam on people. Yeah looks like Mystics will be vital for a good squad in PVP.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was actually expecting the pvp knockback to be more of an issue. Going to be hard to get a catapult barb in the enemy base if they're constantly knocked back out.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hmm... *goes out into silverpool with deaden nerves + mystic rez buff*b:sin

This is by far gonna be the most annoying combo. A class that basically needs to be killed thrice, that can escape and rebuild up chi immediately after ressing.

And wtf happened to Earthguard being anti sin? I've seen a skill on Seekers that could be anti sin (like an AOE buff that they put on themselves so everything near them takes damage, but they're free to move and attack; could be used as a sin searchlight), but it takes two sparks for 12 seconds, and they don't seem like a good chi building class.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    me and some friends were testing that longknife, apparently there pets constantly aoe? so if we are within a set range, we are knocked from stealth.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    me and some friends were testing that longknife, apparently there pets constantly aoe? so if we are within a set range, we are knocked from stealth.

That's for Mystics. That needs a target though, I believe. So yeah, they gotta toss it on a mob or so. Also, the plant itself can be killed, so the mob might attack the plant once it's cast on it. Dunno though.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We also dont know what the future 79 skills will hold yet either though.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We also dont know what the future 79 skills will hold yet either though.

I think I remember one of the two getting a 79 skill buff that let's them see sins.

Dunno if I'd believe it though.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    Jenabug - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Zombies everywhere, zombies everywhere...

b:laugh

Sorry, but I can't find this anything but hilarious.

Agreed. I have to add to this, because that was my first thought when I saw that buff XD lawl.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Zombies everywhere, zombies everywhere...

b:laugh

Sorry, but I can't find this anything but hilarious.

o.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6oy46qKE4
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    how is a target coming back with low hp and mp/ticked charms, no chi, and no buffs OP?

this ironically might be good for countering stealth, since you can rez after the sin stealth ganks you, and then their stealth skill will be on cooldown, along with most of their stuns
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    From what ive heard, its not like u die then automatically come back to life, u still get option to rez or go to town :o
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    how is a target coming back with low hp and mp/ticked charms, no chi, and no buffs OP?

this ironically might be good for countering stealth, since you can rez after the sin stealth ganks you, and then their stealth skill will be on cooldown, along with most of their stuns

Archer comes back, their basic physical damage is so high, they can be devistating if they start shooting squishies and no one knows they're there.

BM comes back, 5aps. Chi will quickly come to them.

Sin comes back, another 5aps on the field. Hell, they can immediately shadow escape, get a spark, perhaps get two more, and then it's like they're practically back.

Using an MP pot isn't exactly hard, and a lot of players fight HP charmed. The only real weakness is they definitely won't have a genie, MOST classes won't get sparks quickly, and they either fight with low, slow recovering HP or they don't have a charm tick at first.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LongKnife please refer to Raging Tide section of the forums for trolling tips......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wouldnt you be more worried about nerfing the perma sparked sin who teleports, stuns/silences/sleeps/immobilizes/resists 1 shot... nvm theres to many to list there. Priorities man, priorities. This rez buff sounds great in pve though! What little of that there is :3
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wouldnt you be more worried about nerfing the perma sparked sin who teleports, stuns/silences/sleeps/immobilizes/resists 1 shot... nvm theres to many to list there. Priorities man, priorities. This rez buff sounds great in pve though! What little of that there is :3

My point was that, "hey look guys, this skill will single-handedly add an entire new dimension to PVP." Having a Mystic in your squad could largely improve how hard your squad is to take down. The same types of d-bags who sit in stealth and wait until someone ELSE attacks you then jumps out and grabs the kill when it's such an easy pick-up will be the same d-bags sitting on the ground dead, ressing once you're distracted by someone else.

TW? That'll definitely be interesting and different with that buff.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This doesnt seem that over powered to me honestly, i dunno a cleric could do almost the same thing.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This doesnt seem that over powered to me honestly, i dunno a cleric could do almost the same thing.

Where the BALLS did I call it OP?

I explained that stealth isn't OP, but rather just god damn annoying when exploited, then compared this res buff to it.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sure sure, maybe they'll patch the "exploit" lol. Call a spade a spade. If you want it nerfed it must be overpowered, to you. This buff changes nothing, except maybe a quick save when a cleric couldnt reach you.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sure sure, maybe they'll patch the "exploit" lol. Call a spade a spade. If you want it nerfed it must be overpowered, to you. This buff changes nothing, except maybe a quick save when a cleric couldnt reach you.

....WHERE DID I SAY I WANTED IT NERFED?

Sorry just getting a litle annoyed here. All I wanted to do was comment on how much this skill could change certain situations and how annoying it could be, and all I got was a thread of people telling me to stop calling it OP and it doesn't need a nerf and blah blah blah. I'm just speculating. I meant "exploit" as in sins exploit their ability to use stealth to fight ONLY the battles that are easy to win and to avoid those that are difficult, NOT exploit in the sense that they're exploiting a glitch or something for profit; the res buff could be used much in the same way, cept on a much larger scale than what clerics could offer. This skill opens up a lot of opportunities and I wanted to speculate on them. I'm just predicting this skill will get annoying in PK and have a huge effect on larger-scale fights. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ....WHERE DID I SAY I WANTED IT NERFED?

Sorry just getting a litle annoyed here. All I wanted to do was comment on how much this skill could change certain situations and how annoying it could be, and all I got was a thread of people telling me to stop calling it OP and it doesn't need a nerf and blah blah blah. I'm just speculating. I meant "exploit" as in sins exploit their ability to use stealth to fight ONLY the battles that are easy to win and to avoid those that are difficult, NOT exploit in the sense that they're exploiting a glitch or something for profit; the res buff could be used much in the same way, cept on a much larger scale than what clerics could offer. This skill opens up a lot of opportunities and I wanted to speculate on them. I'm just predicting this skill will get annoying in PK and have a huge effect on larger-scale fights. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only person getting annoyed will be the mystic.Using all that mp...just for this buff

/endthread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The only person getting annoyed will be the mystic.Using all that mp...just for this buff

/endthread

That is definitely an annoyance; Holy hell at that MP cost. Doubt it stops many people from actually casting it, but yeah wtf, glad I don't play that class. Suddenly paying for pots is like an obstacle. :P
    I <3 AGOREY
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That is definitely an annoyance; Holy hell at that MP cost. Doubt it stops many people from actually casting it, but yeah wtf, glad I don't play that class. Suddenly paying for pots is like an obstacle. :P

b:sad yeah its sad..and no need to use the skill if you know how to play ;x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:sad yeah its sad..and no need to use the skill if you know how to play ;x

No need to wait in stealth for someone to attack your target before you attack your target if you know how to play...

And yet tons of people live off this fighting style. So yeah, I'm worried people will abuse SUPRISE ZOMBINESS too. At least, some classes will. (Can't really picture a wizzie getting far when it surprise-resses on someone. An archer though....)
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    seriously though I fail to see how the rez skill is any different than buying infinite amount of rez scrolls and distributing them to your squads - same situation "killed person" can lay there on the ground and then when your back is turned and you are fighting someone else, pop up, spam a pot and attack you.

why havent people been QQing about the easy availability of rez scrolls in the game

probably the only reason it doesnt happen more is cost - and as the rez skill has a high mana cost, I feel it is on a par with the rez scroll, especially at higher levels. but it does have the benefit of reducing exp loss - always a bonus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Res scrolls are also OP in PvP, I mean I kill people and they can come back to life? How unfair is that....?(Sarcasm)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.