The Walking Dead: a Mystic's res skill

Options
Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Now, anyone who's ever seen me in a "Sins r OP" thread knows I always say the same thing: the class itself isn't OP, it's just that stealth is something that can easily be exploited by jerkholes to be a total annoyance. I fight sins all the time who, rather than learning what my Soul of Retaliation does so they can learn to counter it and 1v1 me, they opt to wait AAAAAGES until someone else attacks me, then they finally pop out and try to pick up the easy kill. This is what I mean by exploiting stealth.

This Mystic skill however? It's raising the dead everywhere; it's literally just as bad, perhaps worse. Now every single class can die in combat, and instead of rising up immediately, they can leave their dead body there near you, waiting until someone else attacks before they res to jump you. The only upside is you can physically see their corpse and avoid it, but then again, in some popular PK spots like Silver Pool, there's not much room to avoid it.
And TW with this buff? Holy hell, can't wait to see what that does.

Please tell me this incredibly short cooldown + long duration on that skill is a glitch. xD
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Zombies everywhere, zombies everywhere...

b:laugh

Sorry, but I can't find this anything but hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Zombies everywhere, zombies everywhere...

b:laugh

Sorry, but I can't find this anything but hilarious.

I find it funny too. People are turning passive cause they don't care if they die; they get right back up.

But in the long run, I know this'll turn into another cheap as manuever that people use in PK. We really don't need more of those.... b:surrender
    I <3 AGOREY
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This buff is just a glorified Res Scroll. I will admit it can seem fairly "hax" in the mechanics of it however, res'ing in TW and even in PK is situational and imo no different then a Clerics Revive in those same situations. The amazing thing though, a Cleric would not have to use those few extra seconds to throw a Revive on someone.

There are other skills that Mystics have that I think should be more concerning to many but they are SO much fun...AoE healing Herb and Vital Herb, the amazing debuffs the summons have, etc etc etc...

People in my opinion are "panicing" too much too soon...After all most of our Mystics are still baby's and we have yet to see their full end-game potential b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ryuujitaka
    ryuujitaka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I find it funny too. People are turning passive cause they don't care if they die; they get right back up.

But in the long run, I know this'll turn into another cheap as manuever that people use in PK. We really don't need more of those.... b:surrender

A really fun part is that when you res with the skill, it restores some of your hp and mp. So if you are a mystic, you res with enough mp to cast the skill on yourself again. I'ts pretty nice....if you are the mystic. Would be pretty annoying if you were trying to kill the mystic.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If it's really a problem...simple solution.

Mystic res buff cannot be used if killed by players.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When you res after dying you have no buffs, no mana, and no chi.
    When you stealth you keep your buffs, get a free spark, and are nearly immune to damage.

Which sounds better? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This buff is just a glorified Res Scroll. I will admit it can seem fairly "hax" in the mechanics of it however, res'ing in TW and even in PK is situational and imo no different then a Clerics Revive in those same situations. The amazing thing though, a Cleric would not have to use those few extra seconds to throw a Revive on someone.

There are other skills that Mystics have that I think should be more concerning to many but they are SO much fun...AoE healing Herb and Vital Herb, the amazing debuffs the summons have, etc etc etc...

People in my opinion are "panicing" too much too soon...After all most of our Mystics are still baby's and we have yet to see their full end-game potential b:victory

My friends mystic is already in the 60 range, thats not really a baby anymore. Ppl are just going to alt fc them up to 100 then run around on them killing everything in sight. So really, we have to start worrying about them on monday because we all know that theres going to be lvl100 mystics/seekers by next week. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I actually cannot belive there res skill is being accused of OP already, my mystics res is just level 3 atm, and it costs 1350 MP with a 30 second c/d, it cant be abused as much as you would think, given its heavy MP cost and 30 seconds cool down in a TW, I can see how it could possibly get abused, its just as simple as watching there corpse if they had the res buff on prior to you killing them, thats it, it is no way OP more then stealth in anyway shape or form, kill a sin, they come back invisable and strike back at you again, kill a mystic, they res, giving you a second to target them and ready to pwn them with there 0mp and low HP after res.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Keep in mind that when they res they either have low HP or their charm on cooldown. They have no chi, and no buffs. Pretty much they'll be a free kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ryuujitaka
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My friends mystic is already in the 60 range, thats not really a baby anymore. Ppl are just going to alt fc them up to 100 then run around on them killing everything in sight. So really, we have to start worrying about them on monday because we all know that theres going to be lvl100 mystics/seekers by next week. b:surrender

I think she meant "baby" as in, how much they know about the class and just what it is capable of. Imo, that will take some time to develop.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ryuujitaka wrote: »
    A really fun part is that when you res with the skill, it restores some of your hp and mp. So if you are a mystic, you res with enough mp to cast the skill on yourself again. I'ts pretty nice....if you are the mystic. Would be pretty annoying if you were trying to kill the mystic.

Exactly, that's another issue.

For a long time, my guild was the strongest on the server and it was quite clear. We almost had the map before this reset. This meant that every guild under the sun was allied against us and I was forced to fight mostly ganked battles in PK. I'd say I did pretty well, considering the odds.
    But if there's a Mystic out there with that buff? Pffft, game over. The only way to stop it is to go for the Mystic himself, but killing him permanently while being ganked is an entirely different, near-impossible issue in itself.

This skill will make trying to fight ganked odds into an impossible endeavour, and the Mystic is instantly going to be -THE- most important squad member in fights; a squad with no Mystic vs. a squad with a Mystic, the mystic squad has a serious upper hand. I don't even wanna imagine all the sins and BMs that'll die, then res themselves on me the moment my Psy will is down...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The cooldown is 30 seconds, and in PvP these days no matter who you are, you can be killed in aproximately 5 seconds by any random person if you don't have chi/buffs. Just focus them once they res and before they can even react they're dead again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ryuujitaka
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Exactly, that's another issue.

For a long time, my guild was the strongest on the server and it was quite clear. We almost had the map before this reset. This meant that every guild under the sun was allied against us and I was forced to fight mostly ganked battles in PK. I'd say I did pretty well, considering the odds.
    But if there's a Mystic out there with that buff? Pffft, game over. The only way to stop it is to go for the Mystic himself, but killing him permanently while being ganked is an entirely different, near-impossible issue in itself.

This skill will make trying to fight ganked odds into an impossible endeavour, and the Mystic is instantly going to be -THE- most important squad member in fights; a squad with no Mystic vs. a squad with a Mystic, the mystic squad has a serious upper hand. I don't even wanna imagine all the sins and BMs that'll die, then res themselves on me the moment my Psy will is down...

Well, I don't think it would be THAT big of a problem. A mystic couldn't keep an entire squad resed at all times in pvp, not with the cooldown and mana cost. After their first death, the other members would be out of luck. Just catch them getting up and kill them for good. Now, if you happened to be fighting an entire squad of mystics, then maybe it would be as bad as you say, because everyone would keep resing themselves.

*runs off to create a full-mystic gank squad*
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I actually cannot belive there res skill is being accused of OP already, my mystics res is just level 3 atm, and it costs 1350 MP with a 30 second res, it cant be abused as much as you would think, given its heavy MP cost and 30 seconds cool down in a TW, I can see how it could possibly get abused, its just as simple as watching there corpse if they had the res buff on prior to you killing them, thats it, it is no way OP more then stealth in anyway shape or form, kill a sin, they come back invisable and strike back at you again, kill a mystic, they res, giving you a second to target them and ready to pwn them with there 0mp and low HP after res.

30 seconds? That thing is 30 MINUTES last I checked.

And no, I've had people res scroll on me before. The issue here is, it's not ONE person res scrolling on you: it's everyone.

I'm not saying the skill is OP neccesarily, but with it, Mystics are suddenly -THE- most important class to have in group fights, such as large PK fights and TW.

Lemme put it this way: 6v6 fight. My squad has me, a wizzie, a two BMs, an arcer and a Barb. Other squad has a sin, two BMs, a Mystic, a wizzie and an archer. Fight starts, the BM and the sin go at me, I Psy will, I'm able to kill them, and then I move on to the archer. The moment my sights are on the archer and my Psy will is off, I have a 5aps sin and a BM getting up, running towards me again. Yes they have no chi and no health, but because of the Mystic res alone, I either need to watch their bodies like a hawk or go out of my way to put distance between myself and those bodies. And sins in particular are very good at building chi back up: they've basically granted themselves two sins. Either way, it's a whole new dimension of an obstacle to overcome; if my squad can't provide this same obstacle, we're at a disadvantage. If I watch the bodies and target and shoot them as they get up, that buys the other squad members time to shoot at me freely. If I take care to put distance between myself and their bodies, that still buys the enemy time.

Personally I just think this skill would be better if it weren't THAT spammable. It's still early, so perhaps this skill will actually make TWs much longer and far more fun in return, but otherwise I see this skill single-handedly making PVP against squads with a Mystic an absolute pain, if you don't have one yourself.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If it's really a problem...simple solution.

Mystic res buff cannot be used if killed by players.

b:bye

Quoting this because it has apparently been skipped over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

I took it as a suggestion for how to fix it, not as the reality of the situation at this time.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options

That'd work too of course, but I dunno if that's something they could and/or would bother to program.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you can watch the bodies I doubt it will be much of an issue.

That 5 aps sin can res yea, but he will have no chi, no deaden nerves, charm on cooldown, etc. Basically if you're able to watch him then as soon as he resses just target, two hits max, and he's down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you can watch the bodies I doubt it will be much of an issue.

That 5 aps sin can res yea, but he will have no chi, no deaden nerves, charm on cooldown, etc. Basically if you're able to watch him then as soon as he resses just target, two hits max, and he's down.

Shadow Escape.

Dude already has a spark. He may be able to get two more.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ryuujitaka
    edited March 2011
    Options
    30 seconds? That thing is 30 MINUTES last I checked.

Not sure, but I think he was talking about the cooldown for the skill. Mine has a 30 second cooldown, and it lasts for 15minutes, not 30 (according to the description). Also, the next level of it doesn't say anything about a longer buff duration, so I don't think it gets longer.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Two hits can be done as he resses before he even has a chance to shadow escape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Two hits can be done as he resses before he even has a chance to shadow escape.

You can't hit a target whilst in the res animation can you? at least I thought you cant, If they can't though then yea they just need to hit SE and there out of sights and I doubt during mass PvP, you can't really keep your eye on 1 dead corpse just in case they res when you got someone after you, or you're about to kill someone.

I do see where knife is coming from, may be if its turned to a 1-2 minute cool down it wont be as bad, but really we need to actually let a lot of high level mystics get into the fray of TW and PK to truly judge the outcome before shouting *Nerf plz*.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • abyssia
    abyssia Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i think buff is fine leave new classes alone till people are geared enough to see how higher level pvp goes with few dozens of classes out there to test then if its outdoing rest then complain. Not even 48 hours or so later...man..
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dont cry moron, ur a psy, theyre the only class that are not paper to sins.
    stop trying to be smart, i have more pvp experience than 99% of the people here, believe me sins AND psys are broken as ****
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can't hit a target whilst in the res animation can you? at least I thought you cant, If they can't though then yea they just need to hit SE and there out of sights and I doubt during mass PvP, you can't really keep your eye on 1 dead corpse just in case they res when you got someone after you, or you're about to kill someone.

I do see where knife is coming from, may be if its turned to a 1-2 minute cool down it wont be as bad, but really we need to actually let a lot of high level mystics get into the fray of TW and PK to truly judge the outcome before shouting *Nerf plz*.
    You can get hits in towards the end of the ressurecting animation, plus there's a bit of a delay between the end of the res animation and before you can move again.

Keeping an eye on your surroundings is pretty important in PvP actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Now, anyone who's ever seen me in a "Sins r OP" thread knows I always say the same thing: the class itself isn't OP, it's just that stealth is something that can easily be exploited by jerkholes to be a total annoyance. I fight sins all the time who, rather than learning what my Soul of Retaliation does so they can learn to counter it and 1v1 me, they opt to wait AAAAAGES until someone else attacks me, then they finally pop out and try to pick up the easy kill. This is what I mean by exploiting stealth.

This Mystic skill however? It's raising the dead everywhere; it's literally just as bad, perhaps worse. Now every single class can die in combat, and instead of rising up immediately, they can leave their dead body there near you, waiting until someone else attacks before they res to jump you. The only upside is you can physically see their corpse and avoid it, but then again, in some popular PK spots like Silver Pool, there's not much room to avoid it.
    And TW with this buff? Holy hell, can't wait to see what that does.

Please tell me this incredibly short cooldown + long duration on that skill is a glitch. xD

its not that simple. the skill cost a **** ton of mana to cast. if you use it on every single person u see u will burn thru your MP charm like fire and paper soaked in gasoline. the skill really isnt spammable unless you really have the money to waste on MP charms.
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nomnomnom Mystics R OP. About time a Caster Class was OP anyway... lets all Free for all and kill everyone! =D Its not like we don't deal with it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nomnomnom Mystics R OP. About time a Caster Class was OP anyway... lets all Free for all and kill everyone! =D Its not like we don't deal with it anyway.

there not even half as OP as a psy....
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Every class can be OP if played and geared right <_<
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there nothign to qq about the skill..pretty sure no one in there right mind wouldd want to keep spamming it (cost a heck of a lot of mp :< )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along