Divine order of Light

Options
Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
so what does this do? its been stuck in my inventory since lvl 19 on my mystic (mystic is now lvl 38) and i havent seen the quests that i need it for. i went to the emmisary of light butshe only gave me 2 quests that had nothing to do with the tablet. and the 2 quests she did give me are ****ty.

does it give me anything worth wild or what?
Post edited by Tsubakey - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    doesnt hurt to try the quest out
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the quests the emmisary of light gives you have a chance to give you a seal of light you take those seals and you can make stuff new event food weapons and rune books.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Heres how the system works. At lvl 20 you can get a daily quest from general summer that will reward you with a Divine Order of the Light. You then go over to the Divine Emissary of the Light and click the Divine Contracts. It should have two quests for you. What you are looking for are purple quests. The chance of getting a purple quest as part of your divine contracts is random. Only the purple quests will reward you with a Divine Honor of the Light token thingy (I forget the real name of it).

As you get higher in levels, the Divine Orders will be rewarded through Bounty Hunter I quests instead of General Summer. The lvl 51-80 blue contract quests will award a Divine Honor of the Shadow.

Those honor tokens that are awarded from purple/blue Divine Order Contract quests are used to trade in for other items, kind of like the school teacher quest. You can get just about any legendary weapon with these tokens. This system is also how you learn runecrafting, by turning in various amounts of tokens. There are three different types of honors/orders.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I had 2 quests available in the divine contracts, a white one which gave a tiny bit of exp/spirit and a blue one. The blue one gave a bit more exp/spirit, but no order thing to trade in for molds.

So how else can you get them? The stuff to kill was a pita and so not worth the reward.
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I had 2 quests available in the divine contracts, a white one which gave a tiny bit of exp/spirit and a blue one. The blue one gave a bit more exp/spirit, but no order thing to trade in for molds.

So how else can you get them? The stuff to kill was a pita and so not worth the reward.

Color me confused. What level are you? I haven't tried the divine contracts yet with a lower lvl character (20+) only with my 74 assasin.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2w5k1dx.jpg

The photo on the left shows the remaining white quest contracts that don't award the token thing. On the right it shows the blue quest I received that does award the token. The previous day I didn't receive any blue divine contract quests. I hope its not possible to get a blue quest that doesn't award a token, making quests that award tokens even more rare :(

Of course I got the divine contracts by doing Bounty Hunter I. Maybe the General Summer quests don't give the option of getting a token? Which would kinda suck.

Bounty Hunter quests start at lvl 30+ I think. I wouldn't put it past PWI to make lvl 22 Non-Tradeable legendary weapons only obtained from lvl 30+ quests.

The only other way I know of getting the Order of Light tokens is by exchanging for the lvl 80+ tokens. But like I said, all the legendary weapons you can trade for tokens are non-tradeable (dunno about account stash). So using a lvl 80+ character to get the lvl 22 weapon seems pointless.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When I used mine I got 2 quests; One to kill yeti generals and one to kill Obsidian something.

I did the yeti one, but get one shot by the boss so I'm saving it till my friends are on. The yeti quest was blue, and the boss quest is purple. If I do it then I get more quests per day like cs etc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ryuujitaka
    ryuujitaka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sig1043a wrote: »
    Color me confused. What level are you? I haven't tried the divine contracts yet with a lower lvl character (20+) only with my 74 assasin.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2w5k1dx.jpg

The photo on the left shows the remaining white quest contracts that don't award the token thing. On the right it shows the blue quest I received that does award the token. The previous day I didn't receive any blue divine contract quests. I hope its not possible to get a blue quest that doesn't award a token, making quests that award tokens even more rare :(

Of course I got the divine contracts by doing Bounty Hunter I. Maybe the General Summer quests don't give the option of getting a token? Which would kinda suck.

Bounty Hunter quests start at lvl 30+ I think. I wouldn't put it past PWI to make lvl 22 Non-Tradeable legendary weapons only obtained from lvl 30+ quests.

The only other way I know of getting the Order of Light tokens is by exchanging for the lvl 80+ tokens. But like I said, all the legendary weapons you can trade for tokens are non-tradeable (dunno about account stash). So using a lvl 80+ character to get the lvl 22 weapon seems pointless.

I've done 4 Divine contract quests on my mystic (2 days worth, 2 on each day). 3 of the quests were blue. None of them gave a token item. The quests that I have access to are only for lvl 20-50, so maybe the blue quests from that group don't give the token things. I would like to know if the purple quest that someone else mentioned gives one. It does show an option to refresh the quests if you use one of the tokens, so you have to be able to get them from somewhere....
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ryuujitaka wrote: »
    I've done 4 Divine contract quests on my mystic (2 days worth, 2 on each day). 3 of the quests were blue. None of them gave a token item. The quests that I have access to are only for lvl 20-50, so maybe the blue quests from that group don't give the token things. I would like to know if the purple quest that someone else mentioned gives one. It does show an option to refresh the quests if you use one of the tokens, so you have to be able to get them from somewhere....

Thanks for confirming that, so far, the Divine Order of the Light blue quests aren't rewarding Divine Seals of the Light. Given that you did this on your mystic, is it ok to assume you got the Divine Order of the Light from the General Summer quest and not from a Bounty Hunter I quest?

I am not really even sure if the lower lvl BH (BH29) awards a Divine Order of the Light, can anyone verify this? If yes, has anyone received a blue quest that awards a Divine Seal of the Light from the Divine Emissary of the Light?
  • ryuujitaka
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks for confirming that, so far, the Divine Order of the Light blue quests aren't rewarding Divine Seals of the Light. Given that you did this on your mystic, is it ok to assume you got the Divine Order of the Light from the General Summer quest and not from a Bounty Hunter I quest?

I am not really even sure if the lower lvl BH (BH29) awards a Divine Order of the Light, can anyone verify this? If yes, has anyone received a blue quest that awards a Divine Seal of the Light from the Divine Emissary of the Light?

I am beginning to think that PWI forgot to add the Divine Seal of the Light quest rewards....

Yes, I did get the Divine Order of the Light from General Summer. I haven't started any bh's yet, but when I do I'll confirm if I get an Order from bh29, and what the rewards are.
  • Masoteaka - Harshlands
    Masoteaka - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I also did the General Summers quest and the item I got was this. I haven't got anything mentioning the Divine Seal of the Light b:puzzled
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I also did the General Summers quest and the item I got was this. I haven't got anything mentioning the Divine Seal of the Light b:puzzled

you take that item you have to the Emmisary of Light near general summer and then you will get a quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When I used mine I got 2 quests; One to kill yeti generals and one to kill Obsidian something.

I did the yeti one, but get one shot by the boss so I'm saving it till my friends are on. The yeti quest was blue, and the boss quest is purple. If I do it then I get more quests per day like cs etc?

Interesting, a purple Divine Order Contract quest? Does it award a Divine Honor of the Light? Would you be so kind as to post a screen shot of the purple divine contract quest?

Also, is it for the Obsidian Tarantula? If so, thats a lvl 60 boss...which seems a bit hard for the level.
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options

Sorry I didn't answer your question. It is possible to get more than one set of Divine Order Contract quests. But, it would seem that you need a token-thingy to refresh the quests.

I am not sure on the details of the refresh token thingy, but I believe it is going to be a cash shop item (surprise surprise). You can also trade an honor for a refresh token, but imo that defeats the purpose, since getting honors is the goal. You can refresh the Divine Order of the Shadow Contract quests 3 times each day using those refresh thingies. All of the refreshing probably has to be done within the 2hr time limit of the Divine Order.

But I am not sure how the refresh works. I don't know if you have to finish all your contracts first, then you can refresh, or if you can use the refresh prior to completing any of the contract quests. Probably the latter.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was on my seeker doing the quest. I havent gotten any special rewards from the few BH29 I did, (1, 2 and 3) and nothing I did ever had a timer on it.
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was on my seeker doing the quest. I havent gotten any special rewards from the few BH29 I did, (1, 2 and 3) and nothing I did ever had a timer on it.

Thanks. That would suggest that General Summer Provides the Divine Order quests from 20-50 and then you get the Divine Order from BH's from 51-80.
  • newdls
    newdls Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ive gotten the Divine Order of the Light, I went to the Divine Emissary of the Light, clicked on divine contract and no quests and it kept telling me i didnt have the divine order the Emissary person had so what do I do when this happends?

Thanks!
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's a shame they don't actually explain, when adding something to a game, what they actually do, how to use them etc.
    Perhaps it's a secret hand shake with the general that gives you the quest lol
  • scifer
    scifer Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I did my mystic divine light of Order, i got a gold token from one of the blue/purple quest killing the mini boss. After that i refreshed the contract and get 2 more white quest. finished them all, but after that i could not refresh it anymore. SO the question is, is this like 2 refresh per day thing? mystic is lvl 2x by the way.
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well I leveled a Mystic up to 20 and got the Divine Order of the Light. Now it makes sense to me that the blue quests do not award a Divine Honor of the Light. That would be too easy. Unlike the Divine Order of the Shadow, you are given the Divine Order of the Light without having to do a pre-quest (such as Bounty Hunter I).

AlysonRose mentioned a purple Divine Order of the Light contract quest that involved a boss. I am putting my money on that the purple Divine Order of the Light contract quests will award a Divine Honor of the Light. I'll let you know if I get it.
  • ryuujitaka
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have yet to get any Divine Honors on my mystic. I've done 3 days worth of quests. None of them involved bosses however. I have a friend (I know, second hand info isn't as trustworthy) who did receive a Divine Honor of the Light (she shift+chicked and showed it to me) and she said that she got it from a quest that required her to kill a miniboss.

So maybe until 51+, Divine Honors can only be gotten from the (purple?) miniboss quests.
  • sig1043a
    edited March 2011
    Options
    scifer wrote: »
    I did my mystic divine light of Order, i got a gold token from one of the blue/purple quest killing the mini boss. After that i refreshed the contract and get 2 more white quest. finished them all, but after that i could not refresh it anymore. SO the question is, is this like 2 refresh per day thing? mystic is lvl 2x by the way.

I hope you didn't waste your Divine Honor of the Light (which is what you should have been awarded from the purple quest).

You can trade in your Divine Honor of the Light for a Divine Seal of the Light. The Divine Seal is used to refresh your contracts for that day (which you should be able to refresh twice if you have two seals).

As it stands, Divine Honors are what you are supposed to be trying to collect. If you traded it in for a seal, I think you have essentially thrown it away. Divine Honors are what you use to trade in for the legendary weapons. Two Divine Honors will get you any lvl 22 legendary weapon.
  • scifer
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dint use it yet but i have no idea how to refresh the quest, is it a daily? i have did it for 2 times( refreshed once) and now it doesnt refresh anymore. This is the item i get from purple quest mini boss.http://img11.imageshack.us/i/31842804.png/
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can get 2 new quests each day without having to refresh. I have a purple quest in my list that I haven't done yet and the reward posted at the bottom of the quest info is exp sprt and a seal.
  • scifer
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I am still waiting for it for the time being, for the quest to change cos obviously refreshing without a seal is hopeless. 2 more hours to go i guess before server refresh for the day. Thanks very much Svedra.
  • Tanimura - Dreamweaver
    Tanimura - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    any suggestions about blue-colored quests? my 6x wizzy got the blue quest rewarding with honor of the light (1 grade lower then 6x purple quest reward) and pre-50 characters get nothing but exp and spirit. can the blue quests somehow trigger the purple quests for the next day?
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've done 6 under level 50 Divine Contracts so far. Two purple ones, each gave a Divine Honor. One blue, gave a nice chunk of exp/sp but nothing else. Three white ones, all gave **** exp/sp.
  • Marenth_Mist - Heavens Tear
    Marenth_Mist - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    After I turn in BH1 on my 94BM I get a tabled that allowes me to get 5 quests from the guy near Summer. (shadow one if I remember correctly). The first day it gave me 4 white quests and a blue one. The next 4 days I only had whire quests.
    The current ration blue/white 1/24, not really worth the effort doing every day so it seems. Also refreshing doesn't work.
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I hope you didn't waste your Divine Honor of the Light (which is what you should have been awarded from the purple quest).

You can trade in your Divine Honor of the Light for a Divine Seal of the Light. The Divine Seal is used to refresh your contracts for that day (which you should be able to refresh twice if you have two seals).

As it stands, Divine Honors are what you are supposed to be trying to collect. If you traded it in for a seal, I think you have essentially thrown it away. Divine Honors are what you use to trade in for the legendary weapons. Two Divine Honors will get you any lvl 22 legendary weapon.

I have 2 Divine honour of lights, but how do i trade them in? ( i have the divine honour, not divine seal )and who do i trade them to?
  • ryuujitaka
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have 2 Divine honour of lights, but how do i trade them in? ( i have the divine honour, not divine seal )and who do i trade them to?

You can trade them in for things at one of the Divine Emissary NPCs in Arch near General Summer. At least thats the impression that I get. (I have yet to actually trade any in since I only have one) I'm not sure which one it is though. There are three.
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

There are three Divine Emissary NPCs (523, 631) by General Summers, Light, Shadow and Void. It's also where you pick up the quests.
    *Void gives the option to trade for weapons.
    *Shadow trades for pots, rune skills and honor exchanges.
    *Light allows rune crafting.

Trading for items work the same way as making tomes at 1K Streams in that you need to drag the honors from your inventory onto the shaded ingredients slot instead of the more common way (PW Boutique Agents, Jewelcraftsmen, Blacksmith, Tailor, etc.) where they simply take mats directly from your inventory.