Dynado - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    just updated it it's cool but server not up yet though
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well color me a noob but i seem to fail at manual dl. i get the file ec_patch_468-468.cup but i got no clue what to do with it past that point b:surrender

Two options

1. Open your patcher and click the big Manual Patch button, browse to where you saved the patch and select it.

2. Save the patch to your desktop, open your patcher, and drag the file onto the giant ugly blue square with fish on it (Anywhere on the patcher itself).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • akaiokima
    akaiokima Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much for the link to the manual patch, I almost thought it was just me with the updating problem. Its downloading right now, 1 minute left, Thank you! b:chuckle
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Are the servers still down! or did I do something wrong :( Waited and manual patched when the client said update game. b:sad
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The servers are up and running now (albeit very glitchy and crashing every minute or so for some people like me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • wataruchan
    wataruchan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My Earthguards have white Eyes which can't be worked on.
    Same with the nose.
  • Cinn - Raging Tide
    Cinn - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    aerosmite wrote: »
    Downloading at 23Mb/sec! This is speed

DAMN!!! Thats impressive. Im only getting 1 MB/sec. Texas is too primitive for godly net speeds.
  • SillentSin - Dreamweaver
    SillentSin - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the link Im kinda excited about genesis lol.. cya guys in game b:victoryb:victory
  • Catos_Furax - Sanctuary
    Catos_Furax - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hm Im trying manual patch thingie now and it goes even slower, it holds on 0.2/1.1 GB for like 1 hour already b:cryb:surrender
  • refertome
    refertome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It keeps telling me to use an earlier version -.-
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    downloading the manual patch at work and putting it on a flash drive FTW... b:victory
  • /Draco/ - Archosaur
    /Draco/ - Archosaur Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    help please..no work .. ERROR b:cry
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Same problem here. Getting corrupted files in the manual patch. Now I gotta wait another hour for it to redownload.
  • /Draco/ - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Any GM or MOD online? reallly i not that to do
  • /Draco/ - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i was uninstall game and install x3 times .. please helpb:surrender
  • /Draco/ - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    unistalling perfect world 4st...b:cry 2hours more
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Waiting for an official response before i spend another 8 hours downloading a (potential) broken manual patch D:
  • saul25
    saul25 Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ok so if Im manual downloading it because you guys say its much faster.. so right after i finish manual downloading it perfect world genesis will work? or do I have to download other stuff oh and QQ I have to wait 3 hours and 52mins to download... yes i know you guys tell me to QQ MOARb:cry but im pissed!b:irritated
  • xxfogxx
    xxfogxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
      i run the launcher for autopatch and its stop at 95%b:cry i even try both patch both stop and file name:Precinct.clt which give me error to try again now i am downloading the manual and hopeing it's not give me more issue b:surrender
  • _Ayraynna - Sanctuary
    _Ayraynna - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I downloaded the patch right before servers went down last night, as soon as it finished, it auto-popped the launcher and started installing. This AM, I pull it up, launcher updates from Rising Tide to Genesis.. and the client verified. Everything looks cool, getting excited, so I hit Start.... First screen pops up, bar fills across bottom, CRASH/BugReport. Restart pc, same thing. Tried opening directly w/ client, not through launcher, same thing. Tried lowering graphics thru launcher to lowest setting, same thing. Uninstall doesn't seem to actually work, files never get deleted, so i manually uninstalled and reinstalled. Still no luck... So now.. I'm redownloading it completely.. Just hope it works because the only link on the download page is for the patch. b:surrenderb:cry
  • blakbandit
    blakbandit Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    2 HRS TO DL AND CORRUPTED FILES WHEN I FINISH b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • chayende
    chayende Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey guys, here's the link to the manual patch for Genesis!

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_468-484.cup

Go ahead and download the manual patch, but keep in mind that if you install it now, you won't be able to log in to the game until after tonight's maintenance. The game server would recognize your client as the wrong version, so you wouldn't be able to get in until after Genesis is applied to the servers.

For this reason, you may want to just download it now, but don't run it until after the servers come down for maintenance.

Alternatively, you can also just not download this, and run the launcher when the servers come back up. You'll then autopatch up to Genesis, as you normally would for any new patch.

Thanks!

So,this will be the only way of downloading Genesis,or will there be some other links or something?
    I'm asking because I have friends who are complaining on the same as the previous poster said.
    Don't wanna download a 1.3 GB file and then find out it doesn't work,ya know.b:chuckle

Thanks alot!:D
  • /Draco/ - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    pwi.... im waiting for answerb:surrender
  • Dreakeredone - Heavens Tear
    Dreakeredone - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Haha, nice. Got 986kB/s ....
    Downloaded in 20 minutes instead of 3hours. THANKS :DDD
  • I_skateboard - Harshlands
    I_skateboard - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Last 10% Taking So Long -.-
  • Zitarrokalix - Raging Tide
    Zitarrokalix - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ahh mine keeps showing errors and every minut to try again. This is getting frustrating.b:angry
  • raizart
    raizart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    one problem after another i was receiving "Internal Error - Invalid parameter" ? kinda odd.
  • SamKemmer - Dreamweaver
    SamKemmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its only with me or someone else are crashing after start the game? My chars dont apear for me. The new classes are nude and cant be costomizede.... Yes I checked files after update my client... and I reinstaled entire game, updated it (and chekd files) at least 5 times and always the same.... crashs when select some (invisble) char.... im frusted an upset b:angry with this...
    SamKemmer - Assassin.
  • Tehlia - Harshlands
    Tehlia - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    >.< I got on when I got home last night to use my high speed for the update..... It started going alright until the errors started popping up.

When it finallly finished and stopped having a hissy fit after I stopped the update and restarted both my computer and the game it was going fine and finished. >.> Took nearly 5 hrs! Prob just my so called "high speed".

However.... even though it said the game update was completed I could not access the game period. A friend suggested the manual download so I googled it and I'm so glad you guys posted this! :p I love the game a lot more now since I started back in December. I just hope that this works. b:sad
  • GlacialBlade - Archosaur
    GlacialBlade - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Was nice and quick, tyvm b:victory
This discussion has been closed.