why do most bms suck so much at pvp?

Options
Omgpie - Lost City
Omgpie - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Blademaster
I've been playing a bm for about 2 weeks (not including getting frosted to 100) and I can already beat 99%+ of the bms on my server in 1v1.
Post edited by Omgpie - Lost City on

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've been playing a bm for about 2 weeks (not including getting frosted to 100) and I can already beat 99%+ of the bms on my server in 1v1.

It's ok. Buy me r9 wep and there won't be any BMs outside sz for you to pvp against.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's ok. Buy me r9 wep and there won't be any BMs outside sz for you to pvp against.

He is saying that he kills only bad BMs. I doubt a rank 9 psy can actually beat a rank 9 bm.

sorry meant to say rank 9, i was drunk.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He is saying that he kills only bad BMs. I doubt a rank 9 psy can actually beat a GOOD bm.

unless you call bms with 15k unbuffed hp bad bms no. and i doubt ANY bm can kill a full rank9 psy without using immune of some kind or getting super lucky.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Because 90% of current BM's are farming alts that FC'ed to 100, like you.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Because 90% of current BM's are farming alts that FC'ed to 100, like you.

Although I'm pretty sure cheze's BM would give you a run for your money if not outright **** you DD.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He is saying that he kills only bad BMs. I doubt a rank 9 psy can actually beat a GOOD bm.

This is... funny.
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Because their credit card bill isn't as high as yours!~ b:laugh
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sorry I meant to say Rank 9 BM. I was drunk atm.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    meh wrong char
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Because their credit card bill isn't as high as yours!~ b:laugh

meaning they can't outgear a 9k hp bm with +10 deicides and only 4 demon skills?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Uh huh... 9k HP you say.. that's um.. .yeah then... o.o *readies Tempest*
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bms actually take a lot of skill and precision to play well in PvP. I've taken down 17k hp unbuffed bms (all +11 gear) in my 12k hp BM in 1v1 3 times in a row. I've noticed most fist bms don't know how to stun-lock in pvp. It's almost saddening to see BMs try to fist box without using axes to drake bash or occult ice... I think I'm one of the few BMs on my server that know how to cancel DBB GS, or when to leap back from enemy stun-locks.

Perhaps somewhere down the line in the whole 5aps era, BMs just haven't had the need to know how to stun-lock with axes and use other weapons besides fists because they can usually "gear tank" it in most cases.. well, you can't "gear tank" a +12 sin with zerk daggers.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Although I'm pretty sure cheze's BM would give you a run for your money if not outright **** you DD.

Maybe? Am I going to get hit by G15 +12? I only got 7.8k HP on my BM and I drop 11k and 15k BM's daily. There's a point where too much $$$ refine is too much for me. I'll NPC gear fight anyone in the game on my BM (except for Veno with Nix because that's just stupid).
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Perhaps somewhere down the line in the whole 5aps era, BMs just haven't had the need to know how to stun-lock with axes and use other weapons besides fists because they can usually "gear tank" it in most cases.. well, you can't "gear tank" a +12 sin with zerk daggers.

5aps just made them flat out lazy, like most other orical noobs or hyper crazy alts, they have no clue how to play the class. just DS and auto attack.
    the utility of the class was lost once 4aps was hit, and they never took the time to learn to play the class as anything else besides a farm tool. and they expect to beat a person that knows how to play the class ?
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maybe? Am I going to get hit by G15 +12? I only got 7.8k HP on my BM and I drop 11k and 15k BM's daily. There's a point where too much $$$ refine is too much for me. I'll NPC gear fight anyone in the game on my BM (except for Veno with Nix because that's just stupid).

no u gonna get hit by +3 calamities
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Because those who are good at pvp don't waste their time on this game anymore. Admittedly a bm is probably the 'hardest' class to pvp properly with but in a game where there is such a glaring imbalance and where gear dictates the majority of pvp fights I can't actually name anyone left playing this game who I consider a good pvper. Honestly, if you still play this game for pvp you are doing it wrong. The difference between a cash shopper and a regular player is so skewed nowadays that it's pretty obvious farming to keep up with the competition is a waste of time.

Now, someone with bad gear can pvp and still hold their ground but the disadvantage is so great most people just quit. I don't know about you but dying to someone who you know is bad because they have +10 gear isn't my idea of pvp.

Regardless, if I log in and see you I'll 1v1 you for fun. I have about 8.3k hp, 6 demon skills and +9 hh100 so we are pretty even for now.... You have about 4k more pdef with marrow than me though.
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Because those who are good at pvp don't waste their time on this game anymore. Admittedly a bm is probably the 'hardest' class to pvp properly with but in a game where there is such a glaring imbalance and where gear dictates the majority of pvp fights I can't actually name anyone left playing this game who I consider a good pvper. Honestly, if you still play this game for pvp you are doing it wrong. The difference between a cash shopper and a regular player is so skewed nowadays that it's pretty obvious farming to keep up with the competition is a waste of time.

Now, someone with bad gear can pvp and still hold their ground but the disadvantage is so great most people just quit. I don't know about you but dying to someone who you know is bad because they have +10 gear isn't my idea of pvp.

Regardless, if I log in and see you I'll 1v1 you for fun. I have about 8.3k hp, 6 demon skills and +9 hh100 so we are pretty even for now.... You have about 4k more pdef with marrow than me though.

sure pm me or omgdonut. you only have 14k p def in marrow?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sure pm me or omgdonut. you only have 14k p def in marrow?

Yeah I went LA wrists/boots since I don't want/have coin to waste on a tomb. No cv rings yet and my heavy belt is +3 so my pdef is realllly low which is just exaggerated with phys marrow. Sucks pvping with a half done build. >>
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah I went LA wrists/boots since I don't want/have coin to waste on a tomb. No cv rings yet and my heavy belt is +3 so my pdef is realllly low which is just exaggerated with phys marrow. Sucks pvping with a half done build. >>

You're making LA wrists/boots sound bad. Really, its not going to make a defense difference. I use LA wrists and boots and have about that much pdef before pmarrow, in fact I have the same pdef % reduction with LA or HA pieces, I just gain a few % magic def reduction from LA. I think around 27k pdef after pmarrow, and that's with mediocre gear.

I think alot of players nowadays have cash shopped or hyper rushed up their characters. The game is getting old so alot of the players you see are alts. Alot of people make BMs or sins just for farming. People level one char regularly, then rush the rest. By avoiding pve they never learn their skills and never develop a basis for pvp.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bms actually take a lot of skill and precision to play well in PvP. I've taken down 17k hp unbuffed bms (all +11 gear) in my 12k hp BM in 1v1 3 times in a row. I've noticed most fist bms don't know how to stun-lock in pvp. It's almost saddening to see BMs try to fist box without using axes to drake bash or occult ice... I think I'm one of the few BMs on my server that know how to cancel DBB GS, or when to leap back from enemy stun-locks.

Are you talking about Chrisn?
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    meaning they can't outgear a 9k hp bm with +10 deicides and only 4 demon skills?

No.

Your post at the head start of the thread made me laugh, and I assumed you CS'd alot, That is all.. ^______^
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Are you talking about Chrisn?

Yes and the reason why people don't like la is cause it refines for less, and takes up spots for ha which forces lionheart belt which lowers m def. Compared to my hr boots id lose 500hp 2 crit 10 str and about 400 m def without warsong belt, but I guess the losses are a bit exaggerated.

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my BM can drop Cheze's BM if I'm only up against 9k HP and +10 lunar claws, instead of something like 17k hp and +12 weapon. I'd bet 20 mil on it too. Wish they do cross server tourney b:sad.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my BM can drop Cheze's BM if I'm only up against 9k HP and +10 lunar claws, instead of something like 17k hp and +12 weapon. I'd bet 20 mil on it too. Wish they do cross server tourney b:sad.

+1, I wish I could do the 20m bets too lol. My bm has 12.8 unbuffed and +10 hh100 fists. b:sad

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Playing a BM for only a week hardly warrants any type of skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes and the reason why people don't like la is cause it refines for less, and takes up spots for ha which forces lionheart belt which lowers m def. Compared to my hr boots id lose 500hp 2 crit 10 str and about 400 m def without warsong belt, but I guess the losses are a bit exaggerated.

*hits with rolled up newspaper*

simply put hybrid is more customizeable and can be stated for more hp m def and phys def per coin than heavy armor untill it has to go get tome around +10 armor (ha will be at around +6-7 where hybrid is at +10) and then can be speced for g 15 claw use or 4 aps base for 1v1 pk

that said HA does have about 8% more hp and 4-9 more def levels at endgame if you shard jades, 5% hp and 0-5 more def levels if you stat vit stones

both builds are viable at endgame

(evade orns dont count because useing those is like hanging a massive "hai i fails" sign on your neck for mages to burn off with flameing ****)

PS: i would put this in my FAQ guide along with calcs if you know...it hadent been locked (WTB competent mods plz)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    +1, I wish I could do the 20m bets too lol. My bm has 12.8 unbuffed and +10 hh100 fists. b:sad

I would bet 20m against you guys too if only we would cross server fight.

I had 3 20m bets each best 3 out of 5 against Calvin the best bm on lost city and won all 3 times. Although he wouldn't pay me afterwards but thats another story.
    sikozu wrote: »
    Playing a BM for only a week hardly warrants any type of skill.

I may not be able to pve very well with the BM or aoe very well or even know all of the skills, but I can 1v1 well enough.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options

I had 3 20m bets each best 3 out of 5 against Calvin the best bm on lost city and won all 3 times. Although he wouldn't pay me afterwards but thats another story.

Anyone recorded the fight? I wana see if you do what I do.
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Anyone recorded the fight? I wana see if you do what I do.

video will be up in a few days.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *hits with rolled up newspaper*

simply put hybrid is more customizeable and can be stated for more hp m def and phys def per coin than heavy armor untill it has to go get tome around +10 armor (ha will be at around +6-7 where hybrid is at +10) and then can be speced for g 15 claw use or 4 aps base for 1v1 pk

that said HA does have about 8% more hp and 4-9 more def levels at endgame if you shard jades, 5% hp and 0-5 more def levels if you stat vit stones

both builds are viable at endgame

(evade orns dont count because useing those is like hanging a massive "hai i fails" sign on your neck for mages to burn off with flameing ****)

PS: i would put this in my FAQ guide along with calcs if you know...it hadent been locked (WTB competent mods plz)

I wasn't saying it wasn't a viable build, just stating the reasons why some do not like it. The losses are a bit exaggerated as I suggested.

I may not be able to pve very well with the BM or aoe very well or even know all of the skills, but I can 1v1 well enough.

I'm also very good at 1v1s, I rolled the best geared BM on our server 3 times in a row with my 12K hp against his 17K hp and +12 hh100 fists, and his full +11 refined set including rings.

And ps, isn't Calvin sage with G15 lunar fists? b:surrender I'd bet 20M against him too. Without DBB GS, sage isn't much of a threat against HA. The reason I can drop 25K HP human barbs is with DBB GS canceling, no triple spark needed. I suppose the only terrain I'm not used to would be the air fights.. I don't really do air fights against other HA. Unless you guys were doing ground fights, that's my home terrain. <3

So far, of all the 1v1s I've done against other BMs on my server, I can only remember losing to one cause he managed to purge me while I was stun-locked. But sins and psychics are my worst enemies in 1v1 lol.