why do most bms suck so much at pvp?

Options

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    aren't you one of those people who complains about me using the old names? how dare you say wr. and no, I've never even considered fighting him. I'm a rather busy person, especially now, playing the new classes.

I didn't say it was hard. archsaber insist pie is a master merely because he knows how to cancel.. off my back, badwr.

by 3.33 wr I mean someone who maxes 3.33 with cyclone. this implies they will never hit 4.0 nor 5.0. this also means they're hitting 2.5/s normally, and that wouldn't kill anything in heavy.

take your 3.33-4.0 base wr and shove it up your ***, newgen. kill something when you don't bypass hieros with normal attack.

you...are...not...special

heres some GX's go kill that +12 vit stoned barb/barb with em, oh you cant use geni either because thats new gen to. or you can hit at 3.33 with fire buff just like the bm's in the vid did.

gonna go live in the land of rank 9 ranged classes for a while, let me know how 3.33 max aps and GX/waltz's do on casters with 100+ def and attack level. How abotu fighting a sin thats not tarded as hell without some way to kill them if you ever get a damn stun to connect? because god knows on any of the above the is no second chance

if your going to give dated advice and slober at the mouth as you ramble aimlessly about the "old days" go play private and amaze the world there.

inb4welli'mjustamazingenoughtopullthatofffapfapfapfapfapfapomgimgoooooooood
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Noc - Harshlands
    Noc - Harshlands Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can someone explain the DBB GS cancel thing to me pls. Some1 mentioned it was the best move to use in a 1v1 for a bm. I've been leveling my bm up the last month and would like to learn and improve my pvp.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can someone explain the DBB GS cancel thing to me pls. Some1 mentioned it was the best move to use in a 1v1 for a bm. I've been leveling my bm up the last month and would like to learn and improve my pvp.

If you switch to an incompatible weapon during the channel time of a skill, it will stop the skill from casting (going into cooldown + using sparks), but you can still get the self effect on it (i.e. glitch). So demon GS has a 50% chance to make all hits crits for 5 seconds.. so you can keep on glitching it to get that 100% crit rate without using the sparks for the skill. Huge damage increase obv if you get it off.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Noc - Harshlands
    Noc - Harshlands Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you switch to an incompatible weapon during the channel time of a skill, it will stop the skill from casting (going into cooldown + using sparks), but you can still get the self effect on it (i.e. glitch). So demon GS has a 50% chance to make all hits crits for 5 seconds.. so you can keep on glitching it to get that 100% crit rate without using the sparks for the skill. Huge damage increase obv if you get it off.

Thats awsome ty for explaining.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thats awsome ty for explaining.
    Yeeees, use that on me and I will KOS you for life. b:cute
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd be impressed if anyone can effectively triple dbb ch gs. I can master 2 at a time, but the way I have my hot keys set up, it'd be hard to do 3 without messing up. It's probably easier to do dbb gs wind shield so you don't mess up and lose 2 soarks. Dbb ch on same weapon took a while to learn, but ch channel time is too short to control in intense pvp.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'd be impressed if anyone can effectively triple dbb ch gs. I can master 2 at a time, but the way I have my hot keys set up, it'd be hard to do 3 without messing up. It's probably easier to do dbb gs wind shield so you don't mess up and lose 2 soarks. Dbb ch on same weapon took a while to learn, but ch channel time is too short to control in intense pvp.

basicly this

to double+chain Doublecancle cyclone+DBB>cancleGS is pretty simple assumeing hotkeys are

1 DBB
    2 cyclone
    3 polearm
    4 GS
    5 fist

you can basicly finger roll the combo then (ok the timeings a bit trickier than that lol) but again its really not worth doing when wind sheild gives us the same buff...plus i play on a laptop w/o the F keys so dont feel like giveing up my stuns and weapon swaps for a rarely used glitch. oh and the time stutter on 3 consecutive CC's makes stunlocking comeing out of it a pain in the *** (up to a 1/2 second variation = to hell with it)

oddly since the doblecast glitch removes cast time double CC DBB CH+GS takes as long as DBB>GS>CH so again your risking 2 sparks for a .2 second gain (1 attack at 4.0 base)

not going to explain past this or the idiots will figure it out and i really dont want rank swinging monkeys actually learning the game
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    Omgpie - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I love prof's "I watch you all the time and you suck, and I'm a busy person so I won't tell you who I am or fight you, but I'm better than you."

wait wait don't tell me... you must be dropmaster!
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I love prof's "I watch you all the time and you suck, and I'm a busy person so I won't tell you who I am or fight you, but I'm better than you."

No, he's the new God. You don't know him, but he's better than you. He doesn't need to prove himself. b:laugh

• LoserBoy - Lost City
    LoserBoy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why is prof using asian terms?

Can someone tell me how to double cancel DBB+CH or DBB+GS? tyvm
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options

no

if you cant figure it out off the blatent tips we're droped so far your pretty special
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    Options

did I say I was better? or that you suck? I said you're not even good. relax, kid. go get more than 2 weeks of experience and you'll understand why.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    wanna do something slightly impressive glitchwise? show me another wr, besides myself, who can double glitch.
    did I say I was better? or that you suck? I said you're not even good. relax, kid. go get more than 2 weeks of experience and you'll understand why.

and a person who can't even tell when someone double glitched is good at judging people yeah uh huh.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Um... what's PvP? o.o
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Put all the skills/weapons on your hot keys. Target a mob and slam every button you have. You should get a result similar to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHM4_SX_aZU
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and a person who can't even tell when someone double glitched is good at judging people yeah uh huh.

I've actually said every single name I've ever use, including my current wrs name, on this forum. hell, it was even in this section.

again, relax b:chuckle
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think I'm fail if I can only do it once out of 10 times. I also think I did it wrong to because I had the fire and the speed buff at the same time, but the cyclone had a cooldown. :(
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think I'm fail if I can only do it once out of 10 times. I also think I did it wrong to because I had the fire and the speed buff at the same time, but the cyclone had a cooldown. :(

Not fast enough lol. Got to have switched to a different weapon before both DBB and cyclone finishes canceling. b:surrender

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just noticed calvin was weearing 2 la orns when I watched it again. That literally makes his m def 0 with sage marrow. Not a good idea against dbb.

Most 15k hp bms require a full occult ice + stun lock to take down cause they use m def orns. I'm guessing pie didn't need to occult ice, or didn't have it on his genie

Even though calvin knows how to play his bm well, his gear just stands no chance as a sage la orn bm against an equal opponent.

I'd rate him an 8.5/10 until he goes demon or gets m def orns.

• Omgpie - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just noticed calvin was weearing 2 la orns when I watched it again. That literally makes his m def 0 with sage marrow. Not a good idea against dbb.

Most 15k hp bms require a full occult ice + stun lock to take down cause they use m def orns. I'm guessing pie didn't need to occult ice, or didn't have it on his genie

Even though calvin knows how to play his bm well, his gear just stands no chance as a sage la orn bm against an equal opponent.

I'd rate him an 8.5/10 until he goes demon or gets m def orns.

Why would he use mdef orni unless he isn't planning to use phys marrow.

you should know that regardless of whether he has orniments that gives him 0 m res or 1000000 m res, he will have basically 0 mres with marrow. and I don't have demon marrow, so we are both at basically 0 mres.

If he used mres orni, the ONLY effect would be he has less evasion, and hit slower, while taking the same damage per hit.

Even if he goes demon he'll only have like maybe 500-1k m res in phys marrow, that makes only a tiny difference.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    self buffed with hell marrow 1 mag def orn +5 (tt 90 gold neck)

i have about 1.5k mag def, is about a 30% greater reduction than sages 0 m def
  • Omgpie - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    self buffed with hell marrow 1 mag def orn +5 (tt 90 gold neck)

i have about 1.5k mag def, is about a 30% greater reduction than sages 0 m def

I guess you have more because you have quite a bit of vit stones. but for sage or lvl 10 marrow vit wouldn't even make much of a difference.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ...lol

wait you think i have vit stones? *laughs madly*

+5-6 armor and flawless citrines ftw
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why would he use mdef orni unless he isn't planning to use phys marrow.

you should know that regardless of whether he has orniments that gives him 0 m res or 1000000 m res, he will have basically 0 mres with marrow. and I don't have demon marrow, so we are both at basically 0 mres.

If he used mres orni, the ONLY effect would be he has less evasion, and hit slower, while taking the same damage per hit.

Even if he goes demon he'll only have like maybe 500-1k m res in phys marrow, that makes only a tiny difference.

I'm not saying he shouldn't use LA orns, I'm just saying I wouldn't recommend it as a sage. I put my gear in pwcalc under sage marrow and I have 2 m def (Lol?). With demon marrows I have 1.7k m def (34% reduction).

I'm not suggesting one should rely or depend on the bonuses to win, but man, sage is such a big gimp. I was only suggesting he'd do better as a demon, especially since demon DBB is 135%, and GS 100% crit buff.

Sad to see a BM with so much potential stay sage. He has the skill and all.

• Omgpie - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm not saying he shouldn't use LA orns, I'm just saying I wouldn't recommend it as a sage. I put my gear in pwcalc under sage marrow and I have 2 m def (Lol?). With demon marrows I have 1.7k m def (34% reduction).

I'm not suggesting one should rely or depend on the bonuses to win, but man, sage is such a big gimp. I was only suggesting he'd do better as a demon, especially since demon DBB is 135%, and GS 100% crit buff.

Sad to see a BM with so much potential stay sage. He has the skill and all.

yes assuming u always have enough chi, demon is much better. I actually asked him why he like sage better, and i agree partly with the reasoning. basically he can always have enough chi to do stuns and cancel and w\e, but as demon sometimes you run low on chi and it's hard to get 2+ spark quickly. sage skills and master li all help chi regen.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just thought I'd mention that Calvin has most of his sockets filled with sapphire gems. I've always kinda thought that him using LA adorns was just him trading hp for aps, I'd guess his mdef is pretty similar to any other bm that uses hp/vit/def shards with somewhat close gear.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just thought I'd mention that Calvin has most of his sockets filled with sapphire gems. I've always kinda thought that him using LA adorns was just him trading hp for aps, I'd guess his mdef is pretty similar to any other bm that uses hp/vit/def shards with somewhat close gear.

Wait wait, he actually keeps LA ornaments on most of the time?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wait wait, he actually keeps LA ornaments on most of the time?

Lol ya, he used to have cube neck and warsong belt, but sold to gamble on packs. Needless to say he didn't make out as planned and has yet to rebuy xD
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yes assuming u always have enough chi, demon is much better. I actually asked him why he like sage better, and i agree partly with the reasoning. basically he can always have enough chi to do stuns and cancel and w\e, but as demon sometimes you run low on chi and it's hard to get 2+ spark quickly. sage skills and master li all help chi regen.

Master Li would be the only difference actually. All the sage 1 spark skills only have a 25% chance to save a spark, comparing it to my crit rate with bane, 25% isn't very likely b:cry As for the other sage chi gain skills, I don't think he will be dumb enough to use Tiger Maw or Atmos Strike in PvP.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Master Li would be the only difference actually. All the sage 1 spark skills only have a 25% chance to save a spark, comparing it to my crit rate with bane, 25% isn't very likely b:cry As for the other sage chi gain skills, I don't think he will be dumb enough to use Tiger Maw or Atmos Strike in PvP.

also less chi used on roar.. and 25% to not use a spark can be pretty significant. I don't know much about bms.. but it seems like in pvp the major chi consumption is going to be for roar/drake bash (both are better for saving chi as sage), and leaps which are near the same (and maybe spark or dragons?). I wouldn't just ignore sage roar/bash and only look at master li's.