Vote for +30 Def lvl

Options
solensom
solensom Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Not everyone needs +30 attk lvl!!! Wake up, wake up, wake up!! It only benefits high DDs classes. The game is imbalanced coz of such thing. You have to let ppl choose.
Post edited by solensom on

Comments

• Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hell Yeah 30 def lvl now b:victory

gimme !

PS

Would be happy with 15/15 as well.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    +30 def level wont sell charms or pots
    /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It will sell charm/pots now days people get 1 shoted and save charm :)

30 def lvl make u harder to die and tick more :)
  • Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    A little bit of extra Defence would be nice. Though I can see a lot of people in PvP complaining about it as well.

Always the QQ about the blessings. Defence or Attack. w/e

Since we all have the attack blessings now, it's too late to remove those easily, so may as well add the defence.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
    edited February 2011
    Options
    death is but two charm ticks. no sale
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We need this +30 def lvl blessing badly.

I just hope that GM's will add it to balance things out.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    maybe they will release a +60 def blessing, and rank 10 with +150 attack levels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well that sound very unreal to me.

Anyhow this is poll for +30 def lvl i see that many people would like it so gm do somethign about it plz b:chuckle
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    +30 defence level would be bad for pve, mainly in terms of bosses making it a bit to easy with them dealing 30% less damage, the 15/15 would be viable i think, but not +30 defence level, and it would balance pvp a bit more so the people that have the +30 atk levels are only getting half the effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    +30 defence level would be bad for pve, mainly in terms of bosses making it a bit to easy with them dealing 30% less damage, the 15/15 would be viable i think, but not +30 defence level, and it would balance pvp a bit more so the people that have the +30 atk levels are only getting half the effect.
    Are you high?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    gimme 30 def lvl bless so I can solo 3-3 again.
    Tyvm.
    g'day.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    any1 voting yes is either a barb or a cleric blindly thingking YES no more splat in tw! and then forgets farm issue. then theres the farmers who's like yay now never a cleric needed, more moneysss.
    and for pwe less dmg taken for players is less charm used / gs w/e.. theres no good deal for them even..

i fail to see the good part.

as i said before. keep current attack. 15/15 or simply remove bless box.

no fking ever +30 def.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    any1 voting yes is either a barb or a cleric blindly thingking YES no more splat in tw! and then forgets farm issue. then theres the farmers who's like yay now never a cleric needed, more moneysss.
    and for pwe less dmg taken for players is less charm used / gs w/e.. theres no good deal for them even..

i fail to see the good part.

as i said before. keep current attack. 15/15 or simply remove bless box.

no fking ever +30 def.
    Real farmers will continue to use +30 attack level blessings.

More healing from bloodpaint.

Faster boss kills = less time for steelation to aoe sleep/stun/purge while buffing himself to 5aps and then one shotting your cleric and wtfpwning your tank.

Faster runs = more runs done

Also, there's this cool new language called english, all the cool kids are using it, you should give it a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Also, there's this cool new language called english, all the cool kids are using it, you should give it a try.

not everyone in the world have english as their native / main language.
    refrain from trying to look smartass which such comments online >,<.

but either way, it's still gonna help.

if its purely for pvp issues, then you should agree to jsut remove blessing itself right? back to nothing, no need to vote for +30 def.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    not everyone in the world have english as their native / main language.
    refrain from trying to look smartass which such comments online >,<.

but either way, it's still gonna help.

if its purely for pvp issues, then you should agree to jsut remove blessing itself right? back to nothing, no need to vote for +30 def.

I live in country that got 2 official languages, neither of them English and you really should at least try speaking it.

Still, Steelation for example, we`d still use attack blessings, kill him fast as heck. For it to allow soloing, the char must be pretty decked out, hence there is no real difference. The amount of ppl who could solo with 30 def lvl blessing but not with 30 attacks lvls is small but the ppl who could do instances like 3-3, as a squad, with 30 def lvls are pretty much higher. It would help others do those instances, hence dropping prices on mats, hence actually hurting the farmers.

And as for PWE, more mats on market = more runs done. 30 def lvls doesnt mean charms wont tick, sure they tick less per run but there number of runs is increased. And when farmers are away from their easy money option, they are more likely to charge zhen too. There are way too many sides to blindly say anything about the matter, I`d say there is a chance that def lvls would actually increase number of charm ticks, at least temporarly.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Are you high?

Explain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Are you high?
    Real farmers will continue to use +30 attack level blessings.

More healing from bloodpaint.

Faster boss kills = less time for steelation to aoe sleep/stun/purge while buffing himself to 5aps and then one shotting your cleric and wtfpwning your tank.

Faster runs = more runs done

lol, another self absorbed ***** thinking everyone should speak his language. Reality check dude: we don't have to. We're doing it so we can get along 'cause the likes of you can't ever wrap their head around another language.

Now try to wrap your head around this:
    Fast boss kills = less time for blah-blah. Well, you should be prepared for those sittuations anyway right now. If you are now, that preparation will serve you well with 30 def bless.

On the BP heal subject, lets take my BM as example: I think I get about 200 hp heal from BP...decrease that by 30% -> 140 heal. 60 HP/hit = 300 HP/sec less heal.
    Now a 30% def bless would in theory reduce the dmg I receive by 30%...From a boss that hits me in average with 3-4k/hit every 2 seconds, that would be about 1k less dmg roughly
    600 HP heal from BP vs 1000 less dmg from boss? Do I really need to do this approxy-guess-like math ? I would trade that 30% attk lvl in a split second then go camp in 3-x.
    That 30% combined with the 30% lvl buff from seeker and there u go, 60% def lvl. Really, how much brain do you need to process that bit of info?

LE:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=09df399aecf32fde
    gimme on this build a 30% def blessing. Then I'll give a mirage to a seeker to +30def lvl on top of that
    Amen brother, we "need" a 30% def blessing, roflmao.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    to even the playing field in mainly tw I vote for either.

30 def
    15/15 only for all
    remove bless altogether.
  • solensom
    solensom Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hey dudes, don't complicate urself to much. It's as simple as this: 30 def lvl cancels out 30 attk lvl. The only purpose to introduce +30 def lvl is to balance pvp, where those who does more dmg tend to gain more benefits out of attk lvl, and those who want to increase their def will have to charge a lot more than just refining a weapon, i.e. they have to refine and shard their armors and ornaments while the dude with insane dmg can just refine his weapon. For pve, u don't have to think much coz simply in most situation everyone gains more from +30 attk lvl by killing faster, esp. these days everyone refines their weapons so high and there are so many 5attk/s too, so yes +30 attk lvl benefits more in pve.

To those who don't know how attk/def lvl works, just do a search on forum. Peace.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I see less & less bms & barbs TWing and more rolling archers/wiziez/psys these days. 30 attack levels...r8...r9,tanking in TW is becoming a myth.

Seriously,at least don't allow jones blessing to be used in TW or give us an option for 30 def levels there.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    While in theory it sounds like a good idea, its easy to forget just how immortal it would make some players. Can you imagine a full R9 barb running around with 120 defense levels (not calculated, just guessing its about that as a theoretical max) and 30000 hp?

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of attack blessings, but I think 30 defense level blessings would be a bit too OP'd for certain situations.
    I love drinking tea
  • CrimsonChaos - Raging Tide
    CrimsonChaos - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=999882 b:thanks

Ps. listen Ursa she seems to be more wise than others here
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As much as I'd like the +30 Def level, I don't ever see it happening unless it was from another Facebook advertisement or something. But at least on the plus side, you get +2 Def level stones, whereas you only have +1 Attack level stones..
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Last I checked, we do have a choice: equip it or don't.

Simple as that.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Last I checked, we do have a choice: equip it or don't.

Simple as that.

We do, but what about the others? lol

+30 ATK makes a noticable difference in damage.

+30 DEF will make solo farming a breeze.

Point is, if you have them, most people will use them, otherwise....why get them then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _Equinox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Equinox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Exactly how difficult is it to set up a Facebook account, log in, and click ONE BUTTON?

Really? You're going to complain about something everybody can obtain with a button click...why again? You act like this is worse than Rank being the price of a used car.

If you're going to complain....at least do it with something WORTH complaining about.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol, another self absorbed ***** thinking everyone should speak his language. Reality check dude: we don't have to. We're doing it so we can get along 'cause the likes of you can't ever wrap their head around another language.

Now try to wrap your head around this:
    Fast boss kills = less time for blah-blah. Well, you should be prepared for those sittuations anyway right now. If you are now, that preparation will serve you well with 30 def bless.

On the BP heal subject, lets take my BM as example: I think I get about 200 hp heal from BP...decrease that by 30% -> 140 heal. 60 HP/hit = 300 HP/sec less heal.
    Now a 30% def bless would in theory reduce the dmg I receive by 30%...From a boss that hits me in average with 3-4k/hit every 2 seconds, that would be about 1k less dmg roughly
    600 HP heal from BP vs 1000 less dmg from boss? Do I really need to do this approxy-guess-like math ? I would trade that 30% attk lvl in a split second then go camp in 3-x.
    That 30% combined with the 30% lvl buff from seeker and there u go, 60% def lvl. Really, how much brain do you need to process that bit of info?

LE:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=09df399aecf32fde
    gimme on this build a 30% def blessing. Then I'll give a mirage to a seeker to +30def lvl on top of that
    Amen brother, we "need" a 30% def blessing, roflmao.

1. These are english speaking forums, hence the rule about ONLY POSTING IN ENGLISH.

2. Ok, please tell me how you are prepared to deal with your genie on cooldown, apothecary on cooldown, and steelation hitting you at 5 aps. I'd like to know how you deal with that, praying perhaps?

3. Maybe you should do some research before you look even more stupid. Seeker buff when MAXED gives +5 DEF lvl. b:bye

4. Honestly you just sound scared at the idea that you wont have such a huge advantage in PvP anymore.

Oh, and it's ideas like these that got TT changed, "hurr durr one guy would be able to farm faster so we should make it harder for everyone"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was called "Fail" for solo farming TTs.

...go figure. LOL

Aside that, a lot of ppl have blessings stored away.

+30 DEF would be reasonable, but it will just cause more QQing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is PWI

EVERYTHING causes more QQing.

Take the TW rewards for example. Sure most people were happy, some didn't care cause they don't TW, and yet I saw more TW QQ threads than ever before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Exactly how difficult is it to set up a Facebook account, log in, and click ONE BUTTON?

Really? You're going to complain about something everybody can obtain with a button click...why again? You act like this is worse than Rank being the price of a used car.

If you're going to complain....at least do it with something WORTH complaining about.

You aren't getting the point, obviously. People aren't upset because the availability of getting these blessings. People are upset because the non-DD classes are unable to get anything out of this. 30 attack levels is about 30% more damage. For any DD-class, 30% damage is a huge boost. What about Barbs? 30% more damage in TW for Barbs pulling cats won't do any good. That's 30% more damage per each DD on that cata-pulling Barb, plus the Barb isn't a DD so he won't be doing 30% more damage; instead he will be taking 30% more damage, while retaining the 30 attack level blessing. Logically, non-DD classes aren't benefiting out of this. Though, judging my your level I wouldn't expect you to even know what TW/DDs are, or anything of the sort.

This is something to complain about, because unless your a DD (Barbs can be DDs btw - if they are -int build, or put all their points into str), this is worthless. I use the blessing for my Barb/BM, but my Barb is setup to be a DD and not cata-pulling. Also something to note... W/ out a blessing a full R9 +12 wizzy can basically one shot anyone that doesn't also have R9. Add a 30% damage blessing. You figure the math.