How to make archer stronger?

Options
Ulicia - Harshlands
Ulicia - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Archer
Hi. I need help. I have problems doing quests, because i make low dmg and miss alot so im lvling slowly. I have lots of quests killing 20-30 monsters and it taking so loong.
From 1st lvl im using hybrid build (1VIT,1STR,3DEX) i have good equipment from quests (light armour and bow), accesories +evasion/psychical attack/dexterity/evasion and skills:
Take Aim lvl 2
Quickshot lvl 4
Blazing Arrow lvl 3
Frost Arrow lvl 2 or 3
Winged Shell lvl 2
Ranged Blessing lvl 2
Lightening Arrow lvl 2 or 3

When im hunting i always use Blazing Arrow and then: Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Lightening Arrow -> Frost Arrow ...

Please help me. Which skills i should lvl up and which i shouldnt use? And please dont reply me link for guides because i checked all of them and dont know anything.
I am G.I.R.L.*

*Guy In Real Life
Post edited by Ulicia - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Personally, I think you should level the skills you use most often, first.

And your passive skills (winged blessing and bow mastery) should be on the top of that list, with blazing arrow coming next. (In other words, I mean "the skills you usefully use most often".)

But I would also have an exception to this rule: some skills have a use which is damaged by leveling. The two skills in this category are take aim and knockback arrow. Those skills lose economy when you level them, and you should save leveling them until you can afford the mana cost.

With take aim, if you hold down its key, you can build about 25 chi every three seconds, where without it you would only build about 15 chi every three seconds. And knockback arrow is for keeping monsters away from you. You have level 2 take aim, which will cost you 20 mana per shot instead of 10 but thats still much better than 100 mana per shot that you will have when you get level 10 take aim.
  • Ulicia - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Actually im not using Take Aim anymore, because it has lower damage than Quickshot and cost more mana than Quickshot.
    So how should i lvl up attack skills: Quickshot, Frost Arrow, Lightening Strike and which should i buy next?
    I am G.I.R.L.*

*Guy In Real Life
  • BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear
    BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    At that lv I would say lvl take aim,any kind of bow mastery and distance skill.I never had problems with killing mobs at that lvl with my archer and up to present time I still don't.

I usually just use at your lvl take aim,shoot a couple shots then use frost arrow shoot a couple shots then knock back...learn to use common sence at times to kite or so called run and shoot.
  • Ulicia - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sorry my bad. My skills correctly:
    Quickshot lvl 4
    Ligthening Strike lvl 2
    Blazing Arrow lvl 3
    Frost Arrow lvl 2
    Winged Shell lvl 2
    Take Aim lvl 4

and my character window:
    http://i52.tinypic.com/9jq6bl.jpg

So i should use Take Aim? Maximize it?
    I am G.I.R.L.*

*Guy In Real Life
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've never used take aim o.o
    Only when it was the only skill available to me.
    I have maxed out:
    Blazing Arrow,
    Frost Arrow,
    Sharpened Tooth Arrow,
    Lightning Strike,
    Thunder Shock,
    Winged Blessing,
    Stunning Arrow,
    Barrage is mostly maxed out, only 2 levels to go on it
    Winged Shell,
    Wingspan,
    Bow mastery,
    Wings of Protection
    and Flight Mastery because I can't get my hands on a good pair of wings xD

Everything else is either level 1 or level 3-4, like Aim Low. While it's a nice skill, I don't ever really use it, so I personally didn't level it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    when ulicias lvl shown in the avatar picture is correct, then she is lvl 18 and when i remember right the quests around that lvl are compared to most lvls very difficult.
    the quests you are talking about are mainly around the fb19 cave? eerh what was its name, cave of the vicious? for example those scorpions around there.

the mobs do quite a jump in damage, def and hp while your own weapon and armor is still some lowbish lvl 11 or 15 gear without any good stats. actually like blank npc gear.

only advice i can give you until you get your fb19 weapon and 20ish armor, when you do your quests for lvl 17-20 is:

1. learn to "kite". that means use frost arrow first to slow the mob down, shoot a few times, do frost arrow again, run to get distance, shoot again until its dead. basically shoot run, shoot run, don't get hit by the mob. or use take aim first to nuke it abit and then slow it down, whatever works for you.
    (eerh ok blazinboy already spoke about kiting, as he said, common sense is your friend)

2. squad with people who kill the same quest mobs. be friendly, talk to them have fun together, make friends lol. it will be alot easier.

3. if you have not discovered apothery yet, now would be a very good time when mobs get too hard for you. they help and are an important part of the game which can be aquired without the use of cash shop gold. for your lvl speaking mainly of life powder (50hp regeneration per second) or those which heal quite some hp over 30 seconds.

4. if it is still too hard for you or can't bother with the advices above....come back to those quests in a few lvls.

from the quests on you get in archo it will become easier. and you will get alot stronger the more lvls you gain.
    from one point on you will realize "holy **** i crit like crazy" and then you shouldn't have much problems anymore
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sorry my bad. My skills correctly:
    Quickshot lvl 4
    Ligthening Strike lvl 2
    Blazing Arrow lvl 3
    Frost Arrow lvl 2
    Winged Shell lvl 2
    Take Aim lvl 4

and my character window:
    http://i52.tinypic.com/9jq6bl.jpg

So i should use Take Aim? Maximize it?

Don't lvl quickshot anymore. waste of money and spirit. one more lvl you get knockback so that'll make your life as an archer a bit easier. really for pve purposes just lvl up frost and blaze. winged shell is a toss up at these low lvls. it can save your life mind you. and don't lvl up take aim either since it takes so long to charge. you should be starting off with frost arrow anyway, save your spirit and money for now.

As for making your archer "stronger" go full dex. don't listen to the "vit" archers. they are foolish. also make sure you have a decent weapon your lvl. when you get lvl 20 you'll get a decent xbow that'll take you to lvl 30. then after that make sure you start using 2 or 3 star weapons.

that bit of info will get you through the low to mid lvls. come back here when you get 60+ and ill give you more info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VyperionV - Lost City
    VyperionV - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I tried this many times so this is what i advise you to do:
    1) LVL blazing arrow!
    2) LVL Winged Blessing
    3)LvL Bow Mastery
    You don't need other skills. Perhaps stun.
    Don't place points on vit! Just go pure dex and get the str u need to wear items!
    You will be a killer.
    I consider this best built. Fast killing and also fast lvl up. After lvl 90 u will have the money and sp for equips and skills.
    Many ppl might say that it is fail. I tried it on sin too. I always got money using it and i rarely died. Fast killing= best way to lstay alie and lvl up.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    With take aim, if you hold down its key, you can build about 25 chi every three seconds, where without it you would only build about 15 chi every three seconds. And knockback arrow is for keeping monsters away from you. You have level 2 take aim, which will cost you 20 mana per shot instead of 10 but thats still much better than 100 mana per shot that you will have when you get level 10 take aim.

in every world but fleuri's, holding down take aim will get you about 15 chi in under 2 seconds, as opposed to the 5 you'd get with a no-aps bow shots.

advice: max out TA for your lvl. max out your dmg and range passive, and your blazing. keep knockback at lvl 1 when you get it. if things move too fast, get frost.

use TA as an opening move, fully charged for the bit of extra dmg. use knockback when the mob is nearing mid-range (when it's crossed half the distance between you and the end of your range, where it should have started.) if it looks like it's going to reach you, slow it down. you'd best realize this soon, and slow it near or at max range (after TA or knockback.) if it comes into close range, shield and gtfo (kite). you can also use your shield to build mana and limit your need for mana pots.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    in every world but fleuri's, holding down take aim will get you about 15 chi in under 2 seconds, as opposed to the 5 you'd get with a no-aps bow

Meanwhile, in Fleuri's world, holding down take aim gets you one take aim shot, and two normal shots in a time of about 4 seconds (I had said 3 seconds in my prior post but I was wrong about that).

And those normal shots give you five chi each, so three normal attacks would give you 15 chi...

But that's just in my world. Apparently some archer on harshlands do not get normal attacks?
  • Ulicia - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thanks for answers.
    So now i should level up to 19 and learn new skills (knockback etc.), leave take aim and quickshot as it is, lvl up passives and wait for new equipment?
    And is this skill build correct?
    Blazing Arrow - max
    Frost Arrow - max
    Vicious Arrow - 1
    Serrated Arrow - 1
    Sharpened Tooth Arrow - max
    Lightning Strike - max
    Thunder Shock - max
    Thunderous Blast - 1
    Knockback Arrow - 1
    Aim Low - max
    Stunning Arrow - max
    Deadly Shot - max
    Barrage of Arrows - 1-3
    Winged Shell - max
    Winged Pledge - 1
    Wingspan - 1
    I am G.I.R.L.*

*Guy In Real Life
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    1) LVL blazing arrow!
    2) LVL Winged Blessing
    3)LvL Bow Mastery
    You don't need other skills. Perhaps stun.

Dude, please leave the archers forums. Thank you.

EDIT : To Ulicia,

I'd still consider the use of Wingspan. It's a pretty nice skill if you get surrounded by a lot of melee mobs.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    as you could see there are many opinions and game styles, for archer and for any other class. strength in this game is not only made out of lvl, gear or skill lvls.
    a large portion of the outcome of a fight is determined by how you play.

to lvl to 19 to do your fb19 to get your fb19 weapon will help, ofcourse.
    to wait for better armor will help, yes
    to lvl the best skills which suit your game play best will help
    to choose the right stat build what suits your game play best too

BUT
    you could just go now and do the hard quests with what you have now.
    yes it will be harder, yes it will be more challenging
    but that will make you an alot better archer compared to many fail idiotic orcale, hyper, always choosing the easy way players.

it will make you experiment more with your class that you find out alot by yourself what you can do with it or what you cannot.
    advice is always nice too ofcourse.

i sum up a few opinions here if the people don't mind *already scared to get massacred*

-max out your passive skills, they work when you use skills or normal attack
    -use your heaviest hitter as opener (in your case take aim)
    -use frost arrow to have more time to dd the mob down before it reaches you (can be also a nice opener)
    -kite (aka hit and run hit and run) very nice to utilize frostarrow for that
    -when you know you will get hit use winged shell before you attack (it absorbs like 80% damage as long it is up)
    -you want to kill the mob before it can damage you? go pure dex
    -you want some more surviveability? go more for a vit build
    -wait for lvl 19 for the reason:
    --to get better gear
    --to get knockback skill (very nice skill, i have quite a while in the mid lvl used frost as opener and did after 2 normal shots knockback, mobs barely reached me)
    --to have it easier in general because the lvl difference between you and your target goes into damage calulations
    -utilize what the game offers to perform better, like apotherey items made out of herbs, free when you farm them (you could add def and attack charms, sharding, refine to this, but your lvl is not in the need of all that and it can be very expensive)
    -combine the possibilities above by using common sense to get the best out of a situation lol

the following are now not YET of interest for you but people named it:

-utilize some skills for chi building (gets interesting when you get your first spark with lvl 29)
    -wingspan very nice skill (able to learn at lvl 39) it does full damage in close range and knocks the target back, if a mob gets close to do the combo wingspan+knockback are 2 knockbacks in a row)
    -since your damage is cut by half in close range i name the skills which do full damage in close combat with a bow: lightning strike, thundershock (lvl 29), winged pledge (lvl 23), wingspan (lvl 39), thunderous blast (lvl 44)
    nice to use those to finish off the last hp of a mob that got close to you.
    -do NOT lvl the DoT skills (Damage over Time) vicious arrow, serrated arrow, stormrage eagleon. i am sure that is one of the few things all archers will fully agree to. but get them to lvl 1 to get sharpentooth arrow, best opener for boss fights because it reduces the max hp of a mob and when max hp recovers to normal the reduced hp is gone forever. imagine 1 million hp boss, ST lvl 10 reduces hp by 16%=> 160k hp gone with 1 shot
    -stunning arrow (lvl 39) lovely skill, you will find out on your own

eerh i better stop here. for a full list of skills, what they do on what lvl => http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

btw no one has asked yet, do you have other higher chars?
    edited February 2011
    Options

lol, you took the words right out of my mouth, grim b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VyperionV - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dude take that brush out of ur *** and let ppl express their opinion! Thank you!
    Worked for me on many servers, including this one so why not share it with other ppl? Nobody is forcing you to agree or follow my advice.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dude take that brush out of ur *** and let ppl express their opinion! Thank you!
    Worked for me on many servers, including this one so why not share it with other ppl? Nobody is forcing you to agree or follow my advice.

Well... you're gonna suck in TT/BH/Etc if you don't have STA leveled. They will be all WTFing at you. In FC, without barrage leveled it will take longer to kill the groups of mobs, leading to another WTF moment. If you don't level frost arrow, it will make questing a lot more difficult since it reduces their speed, which means more time for you to attack them before they get to you. Lightning strike and thunder shock are essential if you plan on Pvping, and if you want to attack an increased phys def mob; plus Thunder Shock is common courtesy if you have a DDing cleric in the squad. Wingspan is used for those tight moments when you have mobs on you and need them to go back a bit to give you some breathing room, and winged shell is used for those moments when you grab aggro from a boss or have a hard hitting mob(s) on you... so telling a noob at this class that you don't have to level those skills will only hurt him in the end. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VyperionV - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well... you're gonna suck in TT/BH/Etc if you don't have STA leveled. They will be all WTFing at you. In FC, without barrage leveled it will take longer to kill the groups of mobs, leading to another WTF moment. If you don't level frost arrow, it will make questing a lot more difficult since it reduces their speed, which means more time for you to attack them before they get to you. Lightning strike and thunder shock are essential if you plan on Pvping, and if you want to attack an increased phys def mob; plus Thunder Shock is common courtesy if you have a DDing cleric in the squad. Wingspan is used for those tight moments when you have mobs on you and need them to go back a bit to give you some breathing room, and winged shell is used for those moments when you grab aggro from a boss or have a hard hitting mob(s) on you... so telling a noob at this class that you don't have to level those skills will only hurt him in the end. b:bye

Ok...perhaps i didn't express this correctly.
    Thing is that each person has it's own playing style.
    I didn't say that he MUSTN'T learn skills. I just said lvling can be done easy without because:
    -mobs die easy and if you hyper on them u get enough xp fast.
    -in bh most archers i went with only atk with normal hits and use no skills.That doesn't affect the run at all.If they don't want to get agro they can atk from close range and this way they will not take agro and still deal a lot of dmg. Also the mele atkers won't chase the mobs just because archer got agro.
    -PQ is easy to do with normal atks only.
    Perhaps people will wonder where to get the money for equips and hypers. Answer is simple: donation or marketing.
    There are a lot of dq droping from mobs. Some people actually buy them even though they give 5-10 dq points.
    Crafting materials drop rather well and can be sold for good prices
    AH is a good source of income: buy cheap and resell for more

When frosting starts bombard is needed true but in hh or other place i see no need because u can simply assist in atk.Nobody will have your head for not using skills.

I know that my way of playing is strange for most ppl but it's simple and worked for me so far. People who ask for advices need suggestions even though they are more or less common.
    It is our duty to present them with a little bit of our knolige but if all high levels simply say the same thing then the newbies will copy without even thinking at other posibilities. This way the game becomes plain and ppl don't develop new things. From the contrary they become more or less noobish.
    As i said ....this thing worked for me rly well so far so if some1 wants to try it go ahead! It's simple and saves a lot of money and time.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

GTFO of the forums tyvm.This person is asking what skills to level and you tell him/her to level 3 and forget about the rest cause she doesn't needs them.Post better,more well-thought out ideas before coming in here.

You aren't offering an alternative build,you're just suggesting them to follow part of a build,which wouldn't even count as a build.

And most of the people here posting are archers and/or of high reputation.You claim that you've played this way on many servers effectively and even comment on archer at higher levels and funny thing is,you don't even have an archer above 40.
    Don't come to me with the **** that you got alt accounts.This is the Internet.Pics or it didn't happen.
    Don't come to me also with the **** that you want to have your alt accounts private etc.Unless you doing something illegal,post from there.Like I said before,pics or it didn't happen
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ok...perhaps i didn't express this correctly.
    Thing is that each person has it's own playing style.
    I didn't say that he MUSTN'T learn skills. I just said lvling can be done easy without because:
    -mobs die easy and if you hyper on them u get enough xp fast.

I stopped reading at that line.
    It's quite obvioous that you hyper all your characters and know nothing about this game. I'm sorry that you are so stupid and I wish you luck in the future. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VyperionV - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    GTFO of the forums tyvm.This person is asking what skills to level and you tell him/her to level 3 and forget about the rest cause she doesn't needs them.Post better,more well-thought out ideas before coming in here.

You aren't offering an alternative build,you're just suggesting them to follow part of a build,which wouldn't even count as a build.

And most of the people here posting are archers and/or of high reputation.You claim that you've played this way on many servers effectively and even comment on archer at higher levels and funny thing is,you don't even have an archer above 40.
    Don't come to me with the **** that you got alt accounts.This is the Internet.Pics or it didn't happen.
    Don't come to me also with the **** that you want to have your alt accounts private etc.Unless you doing something illegal,post from there.Like I said before,pics or it didn't happen

Insulting means i touched a sensible spot. Make sure no veins pop other wise u will be the first archer that uses Blood Paint.That person was asking...i answered. Nothing included you. If you do not agree with my advice just say it and then keep silent!
    If you don't count it as a built then it doesn't mean all should think like you. Ofc it's uncommon otherwise i see no sense in posting it. More ppl posting the same thing is useless.
    I played more servers so much is true but lvling up can't be compared between pwi and a private server.When i talk about lvl up i am reffering to my experience in pwi only. My archer here has over 40 but that doesn't mean i should tell it to everyone. Nobody cares.
    You don't seem to understand 1 thing. Forum is a free place where all can express their options. You say only high lvls or ppl with reputation post here...Where do you place yourself?
    I do not have to prove to anybody where i played or what i achieved. It is illegal to post here the names of other servers. As for pics alone they prove nothing.
    When i said i played on private servers i just made a paralel between them and pwi nothing more.That doesn't mean that everything i say was tested there.
    And one more thing...i "don't come" to you. I simply post here. Nobody is forcing you to read.
    How about we stick to the topic and continue in pm?
  • VyperionV - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I stopped reading at that line.
    It's quite obvioous that you hyper all your characters and know nothing about this game. I'm sorry that you are so stupid and I wish you luck in the future. b:bye

What does this have to do with stupidity or intelligence? Draw a line between game and real, my dear! If all the ppl who don't agree with you are stupid then you have a serious problem.
    What's the point in lvling slow? Some people can learn a lot about the game by lvling fast. You don't have to take ages to learn how to play unless it's your first MMO.
    I am sorry you do not have the proper education when you adress to other people!
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What does this have to do with stupidity or intelligence? Draw a line between game and real, my dear! If all the ppl who don't agree with you are stupid then you have a serious problem.
    What's the point in lvling slow? Some people can learn a lot about the game by lvling fast. You don't have to take ages to learn how to play unless it's your first MMO.
    I am sorry you do not have the proper education when you adress to other people!

lolwut
    I said you hypered your characters. Which is obviously true, since all your posts lead to you saying something about hypering and how to make money to buy hypers, even when the OP says NOTHING about hypers and/or leveling. Every game is different, and if you don't take the time to learn a bit about your class in this game, it will fail. You told the OP that he didn't need a majority of the skills he DOES need, which in itself states that you know nothing about the archer class. And I never said not agreeing with me = stupidity. Everything you said was stupid though, and it did not agree with me, so you caught two things at once. I don't always automatically say "OMG I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU, YOU ARE STUPID!".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

You have no idea what your skills are for and where and when you can put them to a good use.
    You have no idea how to run instances as an archer and what you're supposed to do ( archer =/= sin ).
    You have no idea how to act in PvP as an archer ( Oh wait I think that R8/9 fixes that, long live auto-attack b:shutup )
    You can kill a mob in a few seconds but when surrounded or have to help someone you are just becoming a piece of meat.
    You have no idea how to play your class in general, because there are a few things which you can only learn by spending hours in grinding/running instances.

I`m sure there are tons of other things which I can add but I can't recall anything at the moment. And oh, let me guess - you're a demon clawcher, am I right ?

PS - We really went off-topic, excuse us.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulicia - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Guys! Dont fight anymore!

Finally i leveled up and learned Knockback and Vicious (i will leave it at lvl 1) and unlocked upgrades for Quickshot, Take Aim, Frost Arrow and passives. Im gonna upgrade passives soon but dont know about Frost arrow..
    When i leveled up i put 1STR and 4DEX and i will do this for always now, but on 20lvl i will have new armor that requires 2STR points. Should i put 2STR 3DEX on 20 or wait 1lvl more for new armour?
    I am G.I.R.L.*

*Guy In Real Life
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    do it how you feel more comfortable with.
    i always checked what my "future" gear requirements were and planed to have those when reaching the lvl to use it.

in early lvls you should always look at your "base" stats. that are your raw stats without any extra stats on gear. for example str on a chest armor piece. because in early lvls you change your gear often and you don't want to find out that you miscalculated because you lost a few stats from an item you trashed.

to include stats from gear in your plan comes later when you use it longer and by then you perhaps already used or want to use reset notes to re allocate stats.
    you can change stat allocation any time, don't worry about little mistakes.

little noob story from me when i made my barb 2008. the mp regen was so slow so i put a few points in mag in the 10-20 lvl lol. restated at like lvl 60
    it is no shame, almost all made a few stating mistakes here and there with their first toons at the first steps.

about frost arrow leveling, many say keep it on lvl 1 in the early lvl's because it uses less mp, that is more an economical reason to save mp pots. so to speak many just see it as a tool for slowing down mobs. but yeah higher lvl give a little more damage. when you do not care much about a few mp points used more? go for it, if you are a "every coin counts" saver, leave it at 1.
    same applies to for example knock back
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Guys! Dont fight anymore!

Finally i leveled up and learned Knockback and Vicious (i will leave it at lvl 1) and unlocked upgrades for Quickshot, Take Aim, Frost Arrow and passives. Im gonna upgrade passives soon but dont know about Frost arrow..
    When i leveled up i put 1STR and 4DEX and i will do this for always now, but on 20lvl i will have new armor that requires 2STR points. Should i put 2STR 3DEX on 20 or wait 1lvl more for new armour?

Frost Arrow is a good one to level, it will make a good opener attack. The most commonly used attack chain for an archer is Frost arrow>Normal attacks>Knockback when close>normal til died.
    I used this a lot, and ofc you'll have to change it according to the type of mob you are fighting, but when I last played and did a few quests, I was using stunning arrow for an opener. That, along with my weapon's proc, I lost a lot of mp fast, but I found it a bit of.. a breath of fresh air, if you will. xD Because it does get boring really quick if you are just using frost/knockback arrow on mobs. Feel free to switch it up, but I would recommend leveling up frost arrow for those times when you need to slow your enemy, and as a good opener for when you are still a lowbie and very squishy. In later levels, it doesn't matter as much because your crits along with high dmg in general will almost always guarantee the mob is dead or almost dead by the time it reaches you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    On topic:I personally didn't level Frost Arrow much because I felt the slow at that point in time wouldn't make a big difference.
    But,it's really all up to you.More mana cost and longer slow time or less mana cost and slower slow time.

Regarding your armor,putting an extra point or two in a stat at the earlier levels would not hurt and stat points elsewhere
    For Light Armour and archers,just make sure your Str=Current level+1.This is assuming you went a 1str 4dex build. which you said you are going now.Don't worry if you don't reach the target.I used to have too little Str after I added too much into Dex.

http://core.perfectworld.com/ach/vyperionvyp?cat=character

Where's your archer over lvl 40?Pics or it didn't happen like I said.Everyone could claim that they have a higher level and post random stuff.
    Even then,a higher level may not know his/her stuff thanks to Hyper/Oracle and to a lesser extent,BH.
    Therefore,people who have better reuptation(Read:Post constructive,written stickied guides,well-known by the community,not known to be some noob who doesn't know his/her class)would have more impact and credibility than 100random lvl 100s posting.
  • ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver
    ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have been trying the pure dex build (just enough str for weapon and rest in dex) and so far Archer has been the most fun class for me. At my current level I don't even need to use skills. I can kill almost all the mobs before they get to me using my sling shot. I just made some apothecary items to help me with defense in tight situations. Like if I get aggro in a BH I just use a tranquilizing orb and the tank can get aggro before it wears off.

I also am getting rank gear along the way though. This helps out a lot I guess with not having the str for the other gear.

I don't know how it will get past 72, but up till now this has been the best for me.
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Max everything but:

Vicious Arrow
    Serrated Arrow
    Stormrage
    Knockback Arrow (unless you are going sage)
    I have been trying the pure dex build (just enough str for weapon and rest in dex) and so far Archer has been the most fun class for me. At my current level I don't even need to use skills. I can kill almost all the mobs before they get to me using my sling shot. I just made some apothecary items to help me with defense in tight situations. Like if I get aggro in a BH I just use a tranquilizing orb and the tank can get aggro before it wears off.

I also am getting rank gear along the way though. This helps out a lot I guess with not having the str for the other gear.

I don't know how it will get past 72, but up till now this has been the best for me.

Archer gets better and better as you get higher...Starting out as an Archer sucks (it took me 4 months to get motivated enough to lvl mine past 40's) but an end game Archer is very satisfying to play.
  • Nella - Sanctuary
    Nella - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How to make archer stronger?

1. Don't add vit.
    2. Max passives, buffs and Frozen arrow.
    3. Keep Knockback at lvl1 and use the good old Frozen -> normal -> normal -> Knockback -> normal til dead combo. It still works, heh.
    4. You should have a strong Archer by now.