Options
2»

Comments

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How to make Archer stronger?

Go pure MAG, and use a glaive as melee weapon.

duh >_>
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How to make Archer stronger?

Go pure MAG, and use a glaive as melee weapon.

duh >_>

holy ****, kaste, you just described my archer in 1 line. epic pr0 skillz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Dyrlll - Dreamweaver
    Dyrlll - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Max your passive skills as soon as possible is currently the best advice. Follow that with Blazing Arrow...after that your game style will dictate what you level. All the comments about Frost Arrow are good. The 4 dex/1 str is in my opinion the best way to go. Dex is your friend..lol. This char is the only one I have and I have been playing it for a year and a half. Even though I have maxed all my skills (demon) I never use lightening, serrated, viscious, TA, Storm or Frost. If I use knockback once a month then that is heavy usage..lol
    However, at your lvl it is good to have it. To be honest I never used Frost that much when little and in retrospect I should have. Anyway good luck in your build and journey as an archer...Skills, questing, taking your time to learn will make you a great archer. Remember you are an archer...not a sin/bm/barb wannabe. Focus grasshopper. BTW my fav opening..STA/SUNNING/QS after that..just mop up the blood.
  • Nikitae - Raging Tide
    Nikitae - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hi,

My char is pure dex archer and i have played a year on him and used this skill lvling order
    http://img576.imageshack.us/i/archerw.jpg/
    I didn't update deadly shot at all cus found it really costly to use grinding.

For PVE what is raging tides, i found a really sweet macro in lower lvl:s that i still use while doing quests and the mobs die really guick that it is effective.

Take Aim + normal + normal + knockback + normals till the mob dies..

If you still see that mob gets too close for you, there is a genie skill called "Earthguake". That will have the knocback effect, witch is really good to use when you'r combo is in the normal stage.

I'm too lazy to kite and it is good how we archers can make the mob kite for usb:thanks

Also if you wanna stop using mana pots at all while grinding, that combo is really good for it. After killing 2-3 mobs cast winged shell witch also gives you mana back.

I hope this helped abit and you enjoy your archeris ways b:victory
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Only 61 Archer here but Deadly shot does more damage and charges faster at my level so far then take aim.
    b:surrender
    Think I have like level 2 frost and works fine for me.
    I use.
    Deadly-norm-norm-frost-pushback while their slowed-then norm to finish them off.
    13% crit with like 10k crits so thier usely dead by then.
    o-o
    Also just some advise in squads stay close to your cleric if they get aggro bam lighting strick the mob tose shell on(saved my life more then once) and tank it for a bite till either..
    Your tank gets it back..
    You tank it while the cleric helps since you just saved there life. o-o;

Or at low level ph. mobs run around like a chicken with its head cut off tilll people help you (also saved a whole squad doing that)
    b:chuckle
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Since I am feeling grumpy today, here is my step-by-step guide to making an archer stronger:

1. level up
    2. add strength

I have tested this approach and it works.

I think its just too bad that being stronger has been mostly worthless, but I like being able to hold my weapons.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Since I am feeling grumpy today, here is my step-by-step guide to making an archer stronger:

1. level up
    2. add strength

I have tested this approach and it works.

I think its just too bad that being stronger has been mostly worthless, but I like being able to hold my weapons.

I am not sure if you meant that as a joke, or you are one of those super annoying claw using ones. Well either way adding more STR then needed for LA and ranged weapon is useless, as ranged weapon damage is based on DEX and you roll a BM or Sin for 5.0 b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am not sure if you meant that as a joke, or you are one of those super annoying claw using ones.

Your options, here, were not mutually exclusive.

Edit: and my point, if you really must remove every last bit of humor from my grumpiness, and narrow this discussion to the situations you are assuming, was that being stronger does not improve an archer's ranged damage -- being stronger only improves an archer's melee damage except that being stronger allows you to equip different gear.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Your options, here, were not mutually exclusive.

Well the OP asked to make his Archer stronger, adding STR does not make him stronger. Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Savidlin - Harshlands
    Savidlin - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You dont have to SPAM anymore. I've made new char (also archer) and he is already 20 (like old). This time i used pure dex build and havent leveled QS and TA. Now im going to max only Blazing Arrow and passives. For opening i use Frost Arrow (lvl 2) or Vicious Arrow (lvl 1).
  • anitop
    anitop Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hi. I need help. I have problems doing quests, because i make low dmg and miss alot so im lvling slowly. I have lots of quests killing 20-30 monsters and it taking so loong.
    From 1st lvl im using hybrid build (1VIT,1STR,3DEX) i have good equipment from quests (light armour and bow), accesories +evasion/psychical attack/dexterity/evasion and skills:
    Take Aim lvl 2
    Quickshot lvl 4
    Blazing Arrow lvl 3
    Frost Arrow lvl 2 or 3
    Winged Shell lvl 2
    Ranged Blessing lvl 2
    Lightening Arrow lvl 2 or 3

When im hunting i always use Blazing Arrow and then: Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Lightening Arrow -> Frost Arrow ...

Please help me. Which skills i should lvl up and which i shouldnt use? And please dont reply me link for guides because i checked all of them and dont know anything.

Incerase 1 str and 4 dex per lvl .DO NOT focus on quickshot for sometime. which lvl are u.After lv 32 or 33 give the TRIAL CROSSBOW to general summer and choose a charm.TRY IT!!!!!!!!
  • Nikitae - Raging Tide
    Nikitae - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hi,

I would still suggest the "Eartguake" skill on the genie.. You won't find the poison effect that good on higher lvl:s cus we tend to get "aggro" even with normal attacks :P <-We are just so good.. But seriously the damage isn't more if you throw 1 poison cus you can do 2 normals at the same time :) To bosses you could throw it yea but you will realize that you are a DD and we have a responsibility to let the barb keep the aggro..

If you wanna get geared up before you go learn what kinda mobs are at the next lvl.. And check AH that has 2*star gear usually cheaper than normal with better stats.. Like the place in FB39 are physical mobs and 2*star gear usually gives x2 to sum stats.. Like physical ;) above 50+ are firemobs that are reeeally good for archers with 2* gear.. This is where i collected my first 10m :P

Take care,
    Nikitae
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Spark and and mastery, rest are useless besides demon winged blessing.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Spark and and mastery, rest are useless besides demon winged blessing.

go try PVP without a stun , then come tell me ...............

Why archer section has the worst trolls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    go try PVP without a stun , then come tell me ...............

Why archer section has the worst trolls

it only lasts 3 **** seconds, not even close to enough. while bms and sins have more stuns with longer time. i done pvp on 2 old archers 89 demon and 63 but deleted them, and always lose most likely to other classes. you are on a pve server too, -.-
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    3 sec stun is lot of time for archer. Especially if used in correct time and interrupting opponents long-casting skills, like cleric's tempers, or mage's nukes. Stun also usefull with nuke skills (especially demon stun with crit buff).
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it only lasts 3 **** seconds, not even close to enough. while bms and sins have more stuns with longer time.

Of course... so do archers.

My stunning arrow lasts 4.5 seconds, and I can do three normal attacks after it stuns before my target can move. And the stun itself does some damage...

And some other archers have a 3.5 second stun.

Aim low combined with stun can allow me to take down a hard target without taking any damage (though this will not work on all targets and sometimes requires some extra work, like maybe a holy path or something).