Official TW Map Reset

Options

Comments

• Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    MsE's post is fairly close to my viewpoint right now. There is just no way that Enrage will keep the strength they had before. Other factions will have the chance for many more well contested TW's now and will get stronger (through players, and through the chance to improve strategy) while Enrage will have the least purposeful TW's of all the major factions and will lose at leastsome players, and probably some skill without any practise.

Enrage have all the best TW strategists? I can't imagine that anyone really believes that, though I guess we've all said some silly things in quick posts that we didn't really think through.
    Rawthorne for example, was the TW leader in Rad when they pulled off that unprecedented 21 land defence, he also led Tao to numerous victories against the odds. Think what you will of the guy, his skill as a strategist is unquestionable.
    Marin is someone that many people say is the "best TW strategest since Torm". Now, I personally wasn't playing the game when Marin was leading TW's so never saw it, but again, his record speaks for itself.
    I'm sure there are others, but these two are both examples of TW leaders that many would claim are not only equal too, but significantly above the strategists in Enrage, and they are both in Dominus.
    I love drinking tea
  • expertaudit
    expertaudit Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If you want be like Enrage fight like Enrage b:victory
    If you want be like Drakon choose a leader like Monoftalmus b:laugh (and maybe in one day you will regret this)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So if Enrage loses members over this, wouldn't they just cause Enrage to join in on those fun TWs due to.....loss of firepower, etc etc?

Eitherway, I see something happening, only prob is, its with the same old ppl we all know. We practically know everyone that TWs anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So if Enrage loses members over this, wouldn't they just cause Enrage to join in on those fun TWs due to.....loss of firepower, etc etc?.

That's wat i was referring to at the bottom of my post...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's wat i was referring to at the bottom of my post...

Had to be restated :P

Now for the most serious question, who will do TW reports again?

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Rainie_days - Heavens Tear
    Rainie_days - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Had to be restated :P

Now for the most serious question, who will do TW reports again?

b:avoid

I vote Hisui!!
    i miss his/her TW report..b:sad
    -Caesar's Gravekeeper- b:sad
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    o my i miss those reports and some of the reasons people said this faction would win or lose. Very entertaining indeed.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    o my i miss those reports and some of the reasons people said this faction would win or lose. Very entertaining indeed.

Maybe we get someone to make that again now that the fun will return.. Predict outcome between Dominus, Radiance, Drakon, TE, GoldDigrz will be fun.. Enrage will steamroll ppl in 5-10 min anyways so they arent much fun to predict b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree, tw predictions will be fun again, more reasons to spam forum and so much QQ drama b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I can predict the first QQ already, faction map colors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I can predict the first QQ already, faction map colors.

So true, but only Enrage will be stuck with their colors for a long, long time.. The rest of the factions might get wiped at one point and start attacking a weaker opponent so they get a different color.
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im tempted to do it lol but I remember that hate Konari got for it...
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Rawthorne for example, was the TW leader in Rad when they pulled off that unprecedented 21 land defence,

That does not rank someone above others in terms of being a strategist ...

Any person with common sense can figure out how to defend that many lands when there's only 3 fights at one time. Especially if there aren't 2+ hard fights at once.
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    4 fights actually mystic, but yeah... rad had to concede one fight to Enrage anyhow out of... I think 19 defends to be exact?.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That does not rank someone above others in terms of being a strategist ...

Any person with common sense can figure out how to defend that many lands when there's only 3 fights at one time. Especially if there aren't 2+ hard fights at once.

Agreed, but it is evidence of skill. There are a lot of other examples of him leading factions to TW victory against the odds too, that was just a solitary example.

I don't know who the best strategists around today are and I'm not saying the two examples I gave are the best. My post was meant to show that they are not all in Enrage. To make that claim is both blinkered, and ludicrous.
    I love drinking tea
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Agreed, but it is evidence of skill. There are a lot of other examples of him leading factions to TW victory against the odds too, that was just a solitary example.

I don't know who the best strategists around today are and I'm not saying the two examples I gave are the best. My post was meant to show that they are not all in Enrage. To make that claim is both blinkered, and ludicrous.

Well imo he wasnt well known for being a good war commander.. He was famous for screaming in vent like a maniac, jumping up and down - cursing and badmouth faction members and make some people cry.. Thats the way he did it ... Imo the worst TW commander in history - he did more damage then good.. Its different of ruling with an iron fist and being a mental nutcase that screams like someone died.

meh.. guess he was okey if he had a room for himself that only one person could hear the commands to pass to others.. He demotivated people to not show for TW. b:shocked
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well imo he wasnt well known for being a good war commander.. He was famous for screaming in vent like a maniac, jumping up and down - cursing and badmouth faction members and make some people cry.. Thats the way he did it ... Imo the worst TW commander in history - he did more damage then good.. Its different of ruling with an iron fist and being a mental nutcase that screams like someone died.

meh.. guess he was okey if he had a room for himself that only one person could hear the commands to pass to others.. He demotivated people to not show for TW. b:shocked

+1

Edya was a good commander
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wow, I am agreeing with Exegesis for a change ??? wth.

I have seen many of war leaders, some better then others, some I will never be part of again for their treatment to other people. But as for what ya said Exegesis, yeah acting like a child to the people you are leading is fail.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wow, I am agreeing with Exegesis for a change ??? wth.

I have seen many of war leaders, some better then others, some I will never be part of again for their treatment to other people. But as for what ya said Exegesis, yeah acting like a child to the people you are leading is fail.

What I say is usually agreeable :p but when you are in Enrage my point of view is often coming from another perspective since im not, but that comment had nothing to do with Enrage, but about Tao. And we were both there, so that we agree on that is good b:chuckle
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Rawthorne is/was a good TW leader with the right charisma for one. But when it comes to strategy during Radiance times with Rawthorne, Ewings should be mentioned as well. Think he played a very important role.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Raw is a good tw ldr when he can stay calm,and he got better about it as time went on.No one is perfect and his over dramatization was one of his flaws. People give him a lot of flack but he a good guy and very knowledgeable.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Celric - Heavens Tear
    Celric - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "It means that in the weeks between February 16th and March 1st, the land-owning factions will reap the full benefit of the new rewards. Then we will have the reset, and the entire map is fair game!"

lolololollolol. Do they really think that? Or are they just lying to themselves?
    Lets give the factions who have land. "coughenragecough" Who already have everything possible, even Moreee!!! Then believe everything is still fair game because the equipment gap between the newer players and the ppl who spend money is TOTALLY fair. Especially after hooking *enrage* up with another 100mil+ for the new benifits.

I lol so hard. @ this :D Someone tried to convince me to come back the other day.
    Does map reset mean anything to me? Noooooooo. I've moved on to better things.
    Year's have gone by.

Got Rice?
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've moved on to a game that has 4 letters. It starts with an A and ends with N. But the map reset makes me TW a bit longer definitely even though it's at 5am. And the chances on afternoon battles should be bigger with more guilds battling?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've moved on to a game that has 4 letters. It starts with an A and ends with N. But the map reset makes me TW a bit longer definitely even though it's at 5am. And the chances on afternoon battles should be bigger with more guilds battling?

I had high hopes for that game, but its so bloody boring.. Graphic is nice and decent gameplay, but I miss TW, the chat system sux and u cant wear fashion on top of armor.. You cant even fly around where u want as u can here.. so meh.. I will stick around to TW for a while longer now b:pleased
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Who needs fash when your armor looks really nice b:cute
    And the PvP concept is kinda fun there to be honest, so for now it's a decent game (without cash shop) until this other awesome game that involves guilds in war for a 2nd time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And the PvP concept is kinda fun there to be honest, so for now it's a decent game (without cash shop) until this other awesome game that involves guilds in war for a 2nd time.

Yeah thats the one im waiting for b:victory
  • DeathSwarm - Heavens Tear
    DeathSwarm - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

I'm gonna go on my own and say I'm waiting for the 3rd repawn of an evil boss. Game starts with a D and ends with 3. Been waiting on it to be released for years.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Shifong, that came was over-hyped to such a high degree. It could have been a very good game but it went nowhere. Has it changed since last year? I don't know but I doubt it. The PvP aspect of that game is terrible...Who wants to run into a fort and all you see being letters? Sorry but 200v200 is no fun lol.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol, only play it 2 weeks so i haven't done any big battles yet. Just experiencing the small scale raid PvP through rifts. And no idea how it used to be and how it changed, but i did read a lot on how pissed off people have left the game because of various reasons.

200 vs 200 does sound over the top and very laggy though, but then again. I've experienced worse in R.gn...k On....e international. Those were the days....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Basically, when the servers first came up (overpopulated on most) people did fortress raids a lot in the abyss, and since it's open PvP, everyone and their mother showed up. So you could be just..hanging out at an artifact *protected by guards* and then have 150+ people zerg a single artifact like a swarm of piranhas lol. Nothing lived x.x

Fortress wars were way too laggy and kept causing people to DC. "I'm dropping down..nvm I DC'ed"

Though..not sure how it is now. It may be fun but I have no idea. But back then, that was one of the main reasons I and others quit, because the main aspect of PvP there was bad.