Official TW Map Reset

Options

Comments

• Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good.

Hopefully guilds get smart and start forming a strong core and good communication.

This chance allows guilds to get stronger and be more familiar with the TW scene so Enrage can actually have a challenge in the future.

But let's hope they actually know to take advantage and learn and not just TW for the sake of it.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This.

I have yet to be convinced that TW is interesting to even watch, much less try to participate in. Enrage loves to talk about "fun and interesting" TWs, and to their credit, that was the one thing I've ever seen them put a civil face on. It's clear to me that Enrage members are here solely for the TW, which in and of itself is not something I can knock them for.

But then there's the random PKing in cube for no other reason than because "I'm bored." Then there's the blockading of the quest NPC in Dragon Temple so people can't even turn in their prizes. Then there's the massive coordinated WC spam every time Enrage does something remotely of interest (with honorable mention to SgtSlaughter and his trainwreck e-peen poems). Then there's the elitism, and oh yeah, the opposition to a map reset. Honestly, Known, I know your thread was a valiant effort to make things civil, but you have to realize that any pointing-and-laughing Enrage gets over this is just reaping what they've sown. You can't expect to be treated civilly when one hand is offering a handshake and the other is strangling babies.

I'll believe that TW isn't dead when the results of it are less predictable than the freaking sun rising in the morning. But most likely, this will be the case for all of a month before 2-3 big factions start dominating the map again. It's a problem that will never be solved until the PVP system is fixed, involving several big changes (most notably, the lowering of the aps cap and the removal of jones' blessings).

So have fun, Enrage. When you take over the map again, I'll look forward to hearing how your interest in "good TW" was once again superseded by the "we earned it shut up" menality. That, at least, will be worth the price of the popcorn. ;]

I liked the Great Panda Migration that was coordinated though b:chuckle There are some enrage members that are fairly nice and will help out lowbies. I recall having a couple of bhs on my lesser alts being helped out with enrage members, and some of them I got to know.

I'm just glad that for awhile the map will be Froot Loops again. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Omg the pandas!! Rawr those were so cute.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hopefully everyone thinks well of Enrage now b:cute

Nobody likes Enrage Mystick so just get over it :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i was about to answer her post...b:chuckle

b:hearti miss u,Sea...

I miss u too Rainie....you know how to find me though....looks pointedly at FL. If ur lost pm me here LOL. b:dirty b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Enrage really aren't bad people..

Cube PKing - They PK people in self defense
    DT PKing - Again, self defense. Enrage people are so used to doing RB as well, and the turn in NPC is Harpy Wraith to them. People trying to turn in their stuff are mobs.
    WC spam - Coincidental that a lot of online Enrage members spam the same thing at the same time.
    Elitism - They are elite.
    Map reset - They are the ones who asked the GM's to reset it because they felt sorry for the rest of HT.

Just gotta look into stuff more like I did just now. Hopefully everyone thinks well of Enrage
    now b:cute
    Ohh... I see what you did there. My bad, next time I won't forget to add "Enrage has many persistent, if terrible trolls." ;] Or maybe, "tries to put off owning up to their own deplorable behavior with bad humor."
    Enrage arent the only ppl the pk in the cube. If its pk enabled then so be it,we have that right.Dont like it stay out of the cube.

If you cant click a npc cause of ppl around then your shift key is broken.There is no other excuse to not be able to click a npc.
    You, sir, are a slightly better troll. Or maybe you actually believe this? o.O The second part anyway... I mean cmon now, only a sin even has a chance of getting through that blockade, and that's if Enrage hasn't parked at least one sin on the NPC at that particular moment. You know damn well the shift key isn't the problem.

As for the cube, sure they have the right, but that doesn't give them a good reason unless they're in room 14 or 34. That sort of thing tends to give you a bad rep. And yes, I'm well aware that Enrage's stance on this is a big "whatever," as they don't care about rep in any capacity except their almighty wallets-- *cough* excuse me, I meant to say "TW prowess." But the catch with that is, you forfeit your right to expect civil discourse next time you're trying to save face. What goes around comes around - maybe not in the same form you can dish out, but it still comes back to you somehow.
    Omg the pandas!! Rawr those were so cute.
    I'll admit to being the one called PANDURRRRR. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My 101 sin is looking for a TW faction b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My 101 sin is looking for a TW faction b:cute

Leaving radiance then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Leaving radiance then?

Shif's Siggie just lies .. Veno's been back in Rad a few weeks not the Sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Shif's Siggie just lies .. Veno's been back in Rad few weeks not the Sin
    Explanations ruin jokes b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Explanations ruin jokes b:angry

I thought lack of humour ruined jokes b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The one war I wanna see....?

Radiance vs Drakon

just for the lulz
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options

Radiance vs Drakon

Personally I'm more interested in Dominus vs Drakon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Radiance vs Drakon

just for the lulz

its pretty predictable... rad has many good wizzies, drakon has none. That war would take like 1 min more than a 1 vs 1 Enrage - drakon (yes yes i had to add that 1 minute for my e-peen b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well im usually hiding behind jewelcraftsman in south archo nearby the Cat Spot that gives quests at lvl 20+
    You can find me there.... Im more fun to talk to when im drunk, but yeah.. You seem to know my name so u can always get to know me by pming me .. rawr b:cute

After a few weeks maybe you want to marry me? b:pleased
    o.O
    i still lol at those panties with monos face on them b:laugh
    Oh THAT'S who that is! I knew the pic looked familiar! *goes and feels stupid now*.
    You can't expect to be treated civilly when one hand is offering a handshake and the other is strangling babies.
    That made me LOL

DT PKing - Again, self defense. Enrage people are so used to doing RB as well, and the turn in NPC is Harpy Wraith to them. People trying to turn in their stuff are mobs.
    WC spam - Coincidental that a lot of online Enrage members spam the same thing at the same time.
    Elitism - They are elite.
    Map reset - They are the ones who asked the GM's to reset it because they felt sorry for the rest of HT.

Just gotta look into stuff more like I did just now. Hopefully everyone thinks well of Enrage now b:cute
    /falls over laughing and almost falls off bed! +10000000
    As for the cube, sure they have the right, but that doesn't give them a good reason unless they're in room 14 or 34. That sort of thing tends to give you a bad rep.
    1.) Since when does Enrage need a reason to do anything?
    2.) If they cared about a bad rep, why would they join Enrage?
    Me thinks you need to analyze them a bit more young one. b:chuckle

I missed a lot when I was sleeping!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GTIMIKEE - Heavens Tear
    GTIMIKEE - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I want to see GoldDigrz v Lvl 70 Mobs! b:laugh
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I want to see GoldDigrz v Lvl 70 Mobs! b:laugh

b:surprised Oh that's right! I forgot you fight against mobs when the map is brand new!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

LIES!!! when I was hitting that boss thing in Cube Room 45 you suddenly turn around and attack me.. thanks for that b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I very seldom have anyone attack me in the cube.Most of the time we sit there and talk,weather they are from enrage rad drakon or some other faction. I normally only kill on defence unless someone gets stupid,ie i saw and archer with twin swords and heavy armor once(i killed him) or I saw a barb who decided to be uncharmed and talked **** being 25 lvls lower then myself. Ive seen other players kill for the same reason,some people just deserve it.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear
    Urbanpulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Radiance vs Drakon

just for the lulz

i dont honestly think that would be a challenge. I think Dom and GoldDiggerz would be more so. It is true Rad does lack some key mechanics right now that we are workin hard on but none that is missing can overcome the desire to stomp on em.

I miss the tw's Rad had when i took over with 3 fights a night every night, afternoon attacks, morning defenses against tao, long fights with caeser, even the long fights with enrage back in october/novermber. thats what everyone needs. quality entertainment.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think I speak on behalf of a good portion of Rad, when I say - I'm looking forward to the map reset, new territories w/ Genesis, and TW pay system back. It's been so long since I've fought anyone but Enrage (Nearly a year in Mortal VS Enrage, w/ some Mortal VS Tao). Will be epic to be Radiance VS tons of other factions, and countless defends each weekend.

Only downside I see is charm costs w/ gold so high. For a Barb like myself, Plat. HP only lasts so long... Might have to get a couple a weekend. Granite there will be TW pay in the mix, but I can only expect it to be pretty spendy.
  • DeathSwarm - Heavens Tear
    DeathSwarm - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    TW is boring because all the true TW strategists have either quit the game or in Enrage atm. Things will end up the same way until the rest of the server can get actual strategists for TW.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    TW is boring because all the true TW strategists have either quit the game or in Enrage atm. Things will end up the same way until the rest of the server can get actual strategists for TW.

sadly....QFT for the most part b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Not 100% true, but I do agree. Some of us we're in a slumber :P

Back in the day, I was known to create some very complex strats for Mortal. Leading 60 level 50+ players in TW to raid the hell out of the place needed some planning.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Shif's Siggie just lies .. Veno's been back in Rad a few weeks not the Sin

I fixed my sig. b:cute

And radiance has me as a pro strategist, ask Crazydan. People just don't listen to me b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

Firstly, as I mentioned in this thread earlier, before this change, it was up to enrage to change the way things were going in TW to make it fun again, but they didn't, while enrage members turned a blind eye and pretended that 30 min farming TWs were fun. Anyway that is in the past now and of no relevance anymore.

Secondly, you are quite naive if you think things will stay the way they currently are. Are all enrage members just going to sit around in enrage, slowly taking 1 land back each week through a 10 min TW (since the guild enrage bids on will save their resources for other TWs)?
    Meanwhile, other guilds have fun fighting each other, with closely contested battles and actual *fun* TWs that have been missing on this server for quite some time now.

Do you not think that at least some enrage members will leave and join one of the smaller guilds to have more fun, instead of sitting thru 10 min TWs week after week for several months? In this way, equilibrium will be reached after some enrage members leave and enrage are no longer as dominant as they are now; when other guilds can compete with enrage and start thinking, 'we can compete with them now'. Either way, enrage will get weaker, and other guilds will get stronger, at least in the short term. Whether they can eventually rebuild and be the dominant force again in half a year's time is anyone's guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Enrage can still get ganked, there was a hint that ppl were planning to "bully" Enrage off the map.

However, if HT uses the "Starve Enrage of good TWs" (wasn't that a Tao method btw?), it could have effects, for better or for worse.

I am very curious to see where people will land their first bid. I'm sure guilds may even drop 50+ mill, to secure "hotspots" on the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Enrage can still get ganked, there was a hint that ppl were planning to "bully" Enrage off the map.

However, if HT uses the "Starve Enrage of good TWs" (wasn't that a Tao method btw?), it could have effects, for better or for worse.

I am very curious to see where people will land their first bid. I'm sure guilds may even drop 50+ mill, to secure "hotspots" on the map.

You are wrong, that was the Enrage method when Tao was winning every weekend. Enrage didnt show and said it was so we would get bored and quit since we never got a fight..

Anyways, Enrage will probably stick together, they always have and always will.. They are a bunch of stubborn people that enjoy playing with their friends instead of trying something new. They will always be there untill the day they quit, but as MsE says, they will miss out on all the fun the rest of us will have.. If I were in Enrage I would join some other place and then maybe return to Enrage if I didnt like it in the new place, most of the more serious TW factions dont want Enrage alts that will fight for Enrage in the end.. If you are lucky you can put an alt in Dominus, Drakon or Radiance, but I doubt they will accept you into their faction.. While Enrage enjoy their 5-10 min steamroll TWs for another year we can have lots of even battles and unpredictable outcome, in the end maybe one of the factions got enough practice and teamwork to match Enrage in strength, though I doubt it will happen.. Im just happy I will get to have lots of fun TWs, ive been wanting that for ages.. TW is what differs this game from other MMORPGS so its the main reason I play this game b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think drakon needs to worry more about being bullied of the map then enrage. Their ldr has pissed off or annoyed a large percentage of players in the other major guilds
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    there was a hint that ppl were planning to "bully" Enrage off the map.

Doubtful at the start.

TW vs Dominus or bid on Enrage hmmmm take a guess which option Factions will choose. Imo people are going to make the most of this reset to add fun to their game and that wouldn't involve fighting Enrage atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]