Is it too much to ask that I not be the only healer in the squad?(Rant)

13»

Comments

• ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I like to be the only healer and I want to keep it that way. I can keep my squad alive easily.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i think you all are missing the point

Cleric rule number one: Always save yourself instead of others, that means if one fool runs into mobs (and you know that person can't handle it) let him/her die. If someone "tries" to tank a group full of mobs but does not AOE or ATTACK THEM ALL, do not heal, let them die intill they aoe the mobs (get aggro of all the mobs) (helped me get threw bh51 when i was low)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hey, you are looking at a 5 APS Sin + 5 APS BM rolling a Cleric >_>. It was a nice change from pew-pewing to keep others alive. Almost felt like playing a whole different game.

100 barb then 100 wizard then 101 sin now clericb:laugh
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    100 barb then 100 wizard then 101 sin now clericb:laugh
    +12 inches to e-peen
  • Lolotte - Lost City
    Lolotte - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sadly i must admit that i also experienced a lack of protection from other squad members.
    You die a lot saving others, you lose exp, you rant you rage, but no one gets it till they play a cleric themselves. I did something bout my pdef n hp, simply because ppl seem to be too stubborn to take your advice and even call you a btch if you ask them to keep the agro from you. Good thing a lack of healing gets rid of those kind of ppl. b:laugh

Rez scrolls are a good idea, but shouldnt be needed in my opinion. Of course when you hit the higher lvls.. **** happens and even the squad members cant help that. Thats where the scrolls are very yay!

It would be nice if squad members at lower lvls became aware of what their specific rolls in that squad are and act accordingly. Saves a lot of frustration, not just for the cleric :)
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I personally like it to be the only cleric.

Its frustrating when you learn a new Instance but after a few runs you know what to expect and how to react.

Being the only healer is part of the cleric gameplay. It have downsides , it cost exp , gold and can be frustrating some times but the flipside is vip threatment in partys and the ability to run around in cheap gear and people still want to team with you :)

Only Barbs get their feets more kissed

In very rare occasions 2 clerics make sense and they can compensate the leak of an able tank. But most time one is enough and after a while you wont have it another way
    I hate Room 38
  • kriviox
    kriviox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    In my opinion, better to not rely on always having a second cleric, sure, it's nice when it happens. But fact of the matter is - Clerics are hard to come by getting one can be a challenge. So just learn to depend on yourself and trust your team. Stuff happens, you will die once in a while. Just make sure to check for AoE / that all mobs are attacked before you heal. If you heal someone and start getting attacked: throw on plumeshell, IH yourself to death. I know in my BHs a couple times Ive done it and just healed myself constantly until someone gets the mob off me.

A good squad will get the mob off as soon as they see it run to cleric. If you have a fail squad, feel free to leave or kick the one failing. But on a normal circumstance, plan on being the only one. Specially later on when you need a "rainbow" to make it work (RB - better to have a rainbow ... rainbow means no repeating classes. means no double clericing going on)
  • Alasiah - Lost City
    Alasiah - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    In my experience, two healers aren't necessary. You are still learning how to play your class and it will just take a little more practice to figure out when it is appropriate to heal and when it isn't. If some idiot runs out in the middle of mobs when no one is ready and has no aggro skills, let them die. If you heal you will take aggro and die. Learn NOT TO TAKE AGGRO and the DD classes wont need to "protect" you. If you are looking at a situation for squad wipe. RUN. You are the one who must survive to rez the group. Most squads understand that, and if they don't, find a new one and let them spend another hour dead on the floor looking for a cleric.

In the case of aoe's, if you have a wizzie or psychic in squad ask them to help heal you in those situations. They have healing skills too! Also, genie skills work WONDERS! I dont know how many times my genie has saved me. Get genie skills such as Tree of Protection or Second Wind. You can use these skills even if you are in BB or stunned so it is very useful. Finally, get yourself a little extra HP and physical defense by choosing gear with these attributes and sharding your gear with citrines and garnets. As a cleric in the end defense is your top priority because you get beat up A LOT. One of my biggest issues is not having enough HP but its usually fine with barb buffs.

If you learn to play your char correctly and up your defense, the cleric can be unstoppable! I've seen a cleric take on 3 barbs at once and roll them!

GOOD LUCK!b:victory
  • _Myrina_ - Raging Tide
    _Myrina_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I wish more clerics would focus on the tank in most situations.

If i steal a mob off the tank either I know for sure I can tank it myself, or I'm doing my best to give the darn thing back to the tank. And if I'm running at or in little circles around the tank, unless he's, brainless he's going to be reaming it right back anyway.

If you stay on the tank, he's stacked with IH, and I can heal myself when I've shaken the mob if not before. I have plenty of survival skills, and I'm carrying a genie, apoth, pots, food, If you switch to me, and the tank grabs the mob back, great, i'm at full health, but now the tank's ih stack is gone. At higher levels maybe that's not such a big deal, but at lower levels, the stack on the IH is sometimes the difference between success and squad wipe. (And boy do archers get yelled at when this kinda thing happens). ..

I agree, i know DD'ers are always whining about "heal me" , but if they can be 1-hit by the boss, thats an armor issue, if they keep attacking after stealing aggro (before barb can take it back), that's a stupid issue, if they're incapable of healing themselves when you're working hard keeping the tank alive, that's a selfish issue. i think most classes have some type of healing spell (excepts barbs who just have regeneration, though im not positive about all classes), +second wind +pots, so as long as tank holds aggro, most players should be able to get themselves back together

And just because im totally biased, psychics are very handy because we can group heal when things get ugly.

Also, is the problem with the boss or with the mobs? Because if its the mobs, thats more of a squad communication problem. either someone needs to lure, in order to avoid too many mobs or tank needs to do a better job keeping you safe (in BH39 some barbs dont know how to use roar yet) or maybe squad needs a better mix, ive come to really appreciate BM's & venos (and well armored sins) since they can each tank they're own mobs. Tell them to stop rushing the mobs.

One last thing, there is something about BH39 that brings out the stupid in people. It is the first 'hard' dungeon (as in everyone needs to work together and rushing in will get people killed) while everyone is mostly still a noob with noob amour.
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This sounds like a spoil--I mean, a self-preservation issue to me. b:chuckle

A Cleric shouldn't go into squads thinking, "I need this squad to protect me." Instead he should be thinking, "I need to protect myself and my squad mates." A good Cleric will keep himself out of harm's way first, even if this means sacrificing some squad mates. This means keeping yourself from getting aggro and staying out of AOE circles. The worst thing you can do is wait and hope your party members will protect you because when things get ugly, you'll be the one they'll be looking at for protection.

If you're in a party full of squishies, you'll find that a better tank, not a second Cleric is needed. On that note, **this is important** make sure to always establish someone as a tank. That way you will always have someone to focus your heals on, instead of randomly healing whoever gets hit the hardest. If your tank substitute isn't good enough, don't be afraid to demand someone to get a Barb or better tank. Use your better judgment when deciding on a tank because YOU are the one who will have to clean up their mess. So if you think you wouldn't be able to keep that person alive if it was just the two of you then it's best to speak up and suggest someone else tank. With reassurance most people will be glad to tank it up.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!