Faction Base = Fail

silvercyclone
silvercyclone Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I admit when i heard bout the bases i was really excited. After I saw the info about the bases I was really pissed. Basically the only way to get a base is to have many high levels in the faction. Plus to get upgrades the faction needs to win battles just like TW. So basically the only factions that have a chance of getting a base and upgrading it are the factions winning all the land in TW. This will also hurt all the other factions cause they will slowly die from members leaving them for the factions that have bases. It will also keep players from joining the factions without bases. In order for this idea to not fail I think the Devs should trash the list to make bases or change the list so it will be easier to get a base before PWI fails completely. I know a few factions that don't have many high levels and it would be a shame to see them die cause the members r the few people in the game that treat others with respect.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yea, so basically the factions that will have a base are the ones active, with high lvl, that put together some cash and farmed items to get it.
    A faction house should be something hard to get, involve the effort of the whole faction and give a sense of accomplishment once you're in a position to get one.

well, lemme see, what do I feel is fair: the above or give every noob that has 1 mil for a lvl 3 fac a house.
    yeah, pretty clear to me.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I dont see how this is going to hurt people O.o

I see it as a coin sink, and also see it as a new method to crack open some skulls on other players, I thought there was a feature on the fac-bases where you could attack whomever you wanted. So, um... yea... lost my train of thought.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • silvercyclone
    edited February 2011
    m not saying to give the bases away just make it easier to get one. Also the reasons the factions I know don't have many high lvls is cause they leave to go to a faction with more high lvls and there really isn't any way to stop it from happening.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So the powerful and the rich get goodies that the poor and the weak can't have. Sounds like real life to me. Real life = fail?
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well, lemme see, what do I feel is fair: the above or give every noob that has 1 mil for a lvl 3 fac a house.
    yeah, pretty clear to me.

Um... You do realize that a level 3 faction is like 12 mil(?) to get.

Anyway, I don't mind the faction base requiring a lot to get, though I think the numbers could be dropped a little bit, and maybe they will, since 200 mil in the chinese servers is a different value than 200 mil here.

I don't want every Tom and Harry to have one, because then it's not special, but I also don't want like....7 factions having one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So the powerful and the rich get goodies that the poor and the weak can't have. Sounds like real life to me. Real life = fail?

lemme put it this way: if i wanted to play this "real life" of yours, i'd have no reason to waste my time on a computer game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    m not saying to give the bases away just make it easier to get one. Also the reasons the factions I know don't have many high lvls is cause they leave to go to a faction with more high lvls and there really isn't any way to stop it from happening.

I said it once and I will say it again. To get the base in the first place it takes a lvl 3 faction. A lvl 3 faction usually has an average of 150-200 members. Take the cost and divide it among the members and it is close to nothing.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Firesong - Dreamweaver
    Firesong - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    RL is fail, that's why we hang out here, right? :D
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    RL is fail, that's why we hang out here, right? :D
    not mine, but go on, I'm listening...b:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I guess it's also unfair that players with higher level and better gears can kill things faster.
  • silvercyclone
    edited February 2011
    One thing i think everyone is missing is the base isn't just 200 mil. that is just for the 20 bank notes. You would also need high lvls to some of the other stuff.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I guess it's also unfair that players with higher level and better gears can kill things faster.
    inb4 5 aps QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    One thing i think everyone is missing is the base isn't just 200 mil. that is just for the 20 bank notes. You would also need high lvls to some of the other stuff.

300M The "other stuff" comes to 100M.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
  • silvercyclone
    edited February 2011
    Getting money in this game isn't easy i have a lvl 90 and if i grind for 2 hrs i would be lucky to walk away with 50k worth of drops. That includes DQ items and coins.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    so you basically know nothing, but you made a qq thread
    congrats, quite an accomplishment.

Well, lemme tell ya something: 3 squads can farm those 300 mil in one day. Easily. Like not even sweating. Chatting in vent and making jokes all day. Really.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hekate_ - Heavens Tear
    Hekate_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Getting money in this game isn't easy i have a lvl 90 and if i grind for 2 hrs i would be lucky to walk away with 50k worth of drops. That includes DQ items and coins.
    Wow. What do you grind, level 1 mobs?
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011

Getting money.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • silvercyclone
    edited February 2011
    Wow. What do you grind, level 1 mobs?

Nope I grind mobs around my lvl around 1k streams. Everyone i know says something is wrong cause even when ppl squad with my it seems like their drop rate drops a lot too.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    you know, use a weapon for your lvl.
    have skills maxed.

if the above is not possible, uninstall PWI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011

...my level 62 main makes about three times that. something's wrong on your end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    technically the things are not hard to get if your faction members are REALLY pitching in. 200M? thats 2M per 100 pple and im sure others can pitch in even more. 2000 subs? u can either farm or tokens. (really i havnt heard a person that hasnt used a token once in a while for things) The warsong things? 1 path = about 10 of those already.

i think it boils down to if your members are really donating and pitching in. Or are they waiting for others to do **** for them so they can leech? My fac aint the biggest but we had no problems gathering those items and they were all from donations. (subs were a tad hard)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • silvercyclone
    edited February 2011
    you know, use a weapon for your lvl.
    have skills maxed.

if the above is not possible, uninstall PWI

My weapon is at my lvl and refined and my skills r as high as i can afford but still pretty high at least lvl 6. Ive had ppl look at my gear and they tell me it isn't my gear.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011

25k/h? at lvl90? what on earth are u killing, lvl1 mobs?
    i can easily grind 800k/h. I remember making ~400k/h at 6x-7x...

the total cost of the base is ~320mil according to the rumours.
    even with, lets say 600k/h that's ~533h
    for a guild with 100 members that would be less than 6h/member
    for 50 members, 12h/member

true, there might be a lack of warsong emblems and make that higher
    but warsong isnt that hard to farm at 100+

factions with no 100+?
    go do something else, there is plenty of content in the game for u.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    technically the things are not hard to get if your faction members are REALLY pitching in. 200M? thats 2M per 100 pple and im sure others can pitch in even more. 2000 subs? u can either farm or tokens. (really i havnt heard a person that hasnt used a token once in a while for things) The warsong things? 1 path = about 10 of those already.

i think it boils down to if your members are really donating and pitching in. Or are they waiting for others to do **** for them so they can leech? My fac aint the biggest but we had no problems gathering those items and they were all from donations. (subs were a tad hard)

^ This

You are always going to have some members who will not pitch in as much or even at all but its up to the Officers to make the most of the situation.
    Organise Mat farming or money grinding squads ( TT etc ). Organise in faction auctions with the money going towards the base. The possibilities are pretty endless and are not really level based.
    It's just have much imagination you have and how much effort you are willing to put in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My weapon is at my lvl and refined and my skills r as high as i can afford but still pretty high at least lvl 6. Ive had ppl look at my gear and they tell me it isn't my gear.

Might want to try lv10 skills. The passives at the very least. :S
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011

what's the name of the mobs u kill?
    i think that around 1k there are quest mobs; and quest mobs have horrible drop rates.
    try avalance spiders near avalance canyon; lvl96 poison mobs
    a bit high (u are 93 archer right?) but maybe u can kill them before u can reach them

if they still drop **** u kill too slow.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lolwut?

In 2 hours I made 6mil soloing 3-2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • silvercyclone
    edited February 2011
    I mostly farm the horse guys by north barrier village and the little snowmen guys cause i was told they have a good drop rate. Also all my passives are lvl 10.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    let's not get ahead of ourselfes here, maybe he has a mag class with points in str and dex.
    God knows there are many ways to ** up a char in PWI.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silvercyclone
    edited February 2011
    let's not get ahead of ourselfes here, maybe he has a mag class with points in str and dex.
    God knows there are many ways to ** up a char in PWI.

It's an archer.