[Warning] Phishing Scams regarding Genesis

Comments

• ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    About the Genesis update: Feb 3rd is Chinese new years..... ijs... b:avoid

We will be getting rabbit packs then at least if not the update.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    some people are so stupid

THEY DON'T KNOW WHEN IT IS COMING OUT YET THATS WHY THERE IS NO EXACT DATE, ITS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT

get this into you're head

I think you might be pretty close. FW cb phase 4 is also suppose to be towards the end of February. They might be trying to schedule genesis so it either won't occur on the same day or will be a gap between the two in case problems arise.
  • omgidkdude
    omgidkdude Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    At least they chose the shortest month to release the expansion. That means we wont have to wait as long as we would any other month!

ITS TIME TO KISS SOME *** SO THAT THE GM'S WILL RELEASE IT RIGHT NAO!!!11!!!1 >:O
  • King_Barb - Heavens Tear
    King_Barb - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    omgidkdude wrote: »
    At least they chose the shortest month to release the expansion. That means we wont have to wait as long as we would any other month!

ITS TIME TO KISS SOME *** SO THAT THE GM'S WILL RELEASE IT RIGHT NAO!!!11!!!1 >:O

I'll go first! "oh Mr & Mrs Gm's, plz release the expansion! We love you and will always love you! We promise we will be good boys & girls if your lets us pway wiff tha new people! D":

RELEASE IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! DO EET OR I WILL DESTROY THOSE PIXELS YOU CALL GM'S D:<

Well, i think i showed them :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MMMMMMM......You Taste Like Noob >:)
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think you might be pretty close. FW cb phase 4 is also suppose to be towards the end of February. They might be trying to schedule genesis so it either won't occur on the same day or will be a gap between the two in case problems arise.

FW: http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=84441

Phase 4 will begin on Feb. 23rd, and will not have a random selection process. Everyone and anyone that has a redeemed beta key will have access to the closed beta at this point.

Open beta for FW begins on March 23rd. The game will be "live" at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    petals= earthgaurd? (earthgaurd medition) or valentines day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Phase 4 will begin on Feb. 23rd, and will not have a random selection process. Everyone and anyone that has a redeemed beta key will have access to the closed beta at this point.

stupid question..... FW and PW are two completelty different games, right?.... so why do we have a link to FW?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    stupid question..... FW and PW are two completelty different games, right?.... so why do we have a link to FW?...

I was replying to Laranda, to clarify that we DO indeed have a date for FW, and that this may be relevant to the Genesis release, as their post was inferring .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2011

So it is. o.o

Though, that post wasn't around when I made mine so I wasn't sure what the exact date was. Good chance the 23rd is not when genesis is released. Could be wrong though. o.o;;
    petals= earthgaurd? (earthgaurd medition) or valentines day?

The latter. There's various petals and valentines stuff on multiple games, not just pwi.
    edited February 2011
    I was replying to Laranda, to clarify that we DO indeed have a date for FW, and that this may be relevant to the Genesis release, as their post was inferring .....

i'm sorry, i just be thick headed er somethin atm. plz explain the relevance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Frickkina - Heavens Tear
    Frickkina - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2011

= relevance....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite amount of QQing
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Girl~ People find new ways to steal more and more now.. b:surrender

i have to admit this was a pretty smart way lol.

taking advantage of the over eager players .

i can imagine:

*the player recieves the mail.
    *jumps up and down
    * goes to site and enters acc info
    * goes bragging to PWI players
    * goes to sleep
    * wakes up in the morning to quickly log on
    * realizes gear/money is gone then starts QQing

ahhh i can see it now.............b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
    edited February 2011
    = relevance....

thank you b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    posted on guild site.. thanks for the warning.
    Wish there was email subscription ability for guild leaders to receive this kind of notice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Agreed! hit the button ;D

On a side note... do CM's get trained how to speak in ways that you think you might have got an answer but you can't be really sure :o ?b:chuckle

They have to go school to learn how to do something that isnt exactly conscionable, kinda like a lawyer who defends a clearly guilty person <.<
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I got the email, but I decided it was most probably sent to the wrong person, since it said ''Hello Kesha'', but my name is Kinna. I just deleted it without following any link. It was also asking me to enter a survey on why I ''no longer play PWI". But I was logged on at that very moment. o.o;
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well. gms kinda did tell us when it be released. just nobody was smart enough to catch it, let me find link well. here it is ---->http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=189791 yes thats the facebook news from weak ago. here i quot ''So whether you're low-level, mid-level, or high level; be you a merchant, TW warrior, or elite grinder; you will have one heck of an(hmm some reason this phrase sticks out to me~~~~>>) exciting week (<~~~~) if we hit the 200k goal by March 1st!'' HINT HINT HINT and another hint and i quot ''We're going to do things a little differently this time around. In the past we've either made a set deadline for the prize, or we've removed the deadline completely. This time we're going for option 3: Two different rewards!

Reward #1 - Stipulation: We hit 200k Likes by March 1st, 2011:( why march 1st?, maybe expansion, an 2x drops, *cums*)

2x EXP/ 2x Drops/ 2x Spirit on all servers for two full weeks!''

Well there's your problem- it's on Facebook. <_< I have PWI UNLIKED until rubber- banding is fixed, at the very least.

...Which means I will never 'like' PWi again.

EDIT: FW's Phrase 4 and PWI's expansion might be linked, as mentioned earlier. Some companies have employees that cross- GM. Other companies keep their GMs confined to one game only. if PWE crosses their GMs, it would make sense why Genesis got pushed back.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I already sent in the screen shot with ticket on this one...

In-Game email needing my account name, password and mother's maiden name to claim a PWI 5M coin +100gold reward.

ROFL, yeah... PWI would really need info they already have and my mom's maiden name??? Seriously... how dumb would I have to be to give out info like that.

DEVS insstead of the Perfect Horn button that isn't working... how about a Perfect Zapper that would allow us to Zap someone stupid back to lvl 1!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raitenau
    raitenau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I hope this game keeps its improving
  • marzyciel
    marzyciel Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wow, another poor try of stealing accounts.
    i've been receiving a lot of those mails in the game i used to play before.
    Was just annoying, wish you all not to be ****.
    I przyjdzie dzień radosny...
  • vaan1983
    vaan1983 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hey Guys, We've Received Multiple Reports Of Players Getting In-game Mail Telling Them That They Have Been Selected To Enter The Pwi: Genesis Closed Beta.

Recipients Are Then Prompted To Go To An Unaffiliated Site To Enter Their Credentials.

This Is A Scam; If You Follow Their Instructions, Your Account Will Likely Be **** And Your Items Will Be Stolen, So If You Do Receive This Mail, Please Take A Screen Shot And Submit A ticket with It. Under No Circumstances Should You Follow Their Instructions.

As Always, Never Enter Your Login Information At Any Site But Ours, And Any Kind Of In-game Mail Or Whisper Claiming To Be From Pwe Should Be Treated With Extreme Skepticism/caution.

Thanks All.

P.s. There Will Be No Genesis Closed Beta. It Will Be Open To All Players Immediately Upon Release B:thanks

Maybe Chuck Norris Can Solve This Problem.
    edited February 2011
    vaan1983 wrote: »
    Maybe Chuck Norris Can Solve This Problem.
    chuck norris is dead.
  • matekat007
    matekat007 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    what can't you tank?
  • Fork_nhell - Heavens Tear
    Fork_nhell - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:shocked
    edited February 2011

• Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PWI attracts some keepers b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucky2011
    lucky2011 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I knew that someone would take advantage of everyone
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I know a lot of people in game who have been **** in the past couple of months and PWI has done little or nothing to help them. Additionally the phishing scam isn't the most popular scame. The one people are falling for the most are keyloggers that get installed through fake PWI programs on facebook. Email accounts and PWI accounts then get hijacked, looted, and deleted.

On a side note, there is a general warning I want to issue to anyone who is hacking accounts. No matter who you are and where you **** from, there is always an IP trail (even with spoofing). Be careful who you **** because some people might invest the time to track you down and hurt you badly.
  • XRathSphereX - Archosaur
    XRathSphereX - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hmf, i hardly use the mailbox the only thing I do with it is transfer stuff from my main to my alts like coins to help buy gear and stuff needed. or inserting the sharpness into the box to get my perfect military hammers for that matter. That's all the purpose i see fit on using it. If i even see such email of a scam telling me about a closed beta genesis it will probably be ignored becuse i only go to mailbox for certain reasons and it expires about 2 days of not looking at it. Or just deleted if i saw it.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hacking a f2p MMO account.... thats kinda like stealing free candies at the reception desk, or stealing sugar/ketchup packets from the local fast food joint dont ya think??