[Warning] Phishing Scams regarding Genesis

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Hey guys, we've received multiple reports of players getting in-game mail telling them that they have been selected to enter the PWI: Genesis Closed Beta.

Recipients are then prompted to go to an unaffiliated site to enter their credentials.

This is a scam; if you follow their instructions, your account will likely be **** and your items will be stolen, so if you do receive this mail, please take a screen shot and submit a ticket with it. Under no circumstances should you follow their instructions.

As always, never enter your login information at any site but ours, and any kind of in-game mail or whisper claiming to be from PWE should be treated with extreme skepticism/caution.

Thanks all.

p.s. there will be no Genesis closed beta. It will be open to all players immediately upon release b:thanks
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wow who would fall for that...when you would of announced it if it were true

(haha first post)

...http://www.familyphoto.ws/gallery/d/747-2/dispair-poster-idiots.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    purple
  • AltairLyra - Sanctuary
    AltairLyra - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yikes. :c
    Somehow I knew that someone would take advantage of everyone being so excited about the new release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Girl~ People find new ways to steal more and more now.. b:surrender
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sooner it's released, sooner scams like that will stop ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sooner it's released, sooner scams like that will stop ;)

Good idea. Kanto, hit the button! ;)
    edited January 2011

hit the pack button first though...we neeed pack sales b:infuriated
    edited January 2011

WTB really fat telltale patch tomorrow plox.

<3 ?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol, drop like a 4 GB size patch on us tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited January 2011
    lol, drop like a 4 GB size patch on us tomorrow.
    wtf 4 GBs!![URL="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dcdi--LdAeQ/Sa1sWd8j4pI/AAAAAAAAEBg/BGX_vc32JHc/s400/wtf.jpg"]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dcdi--LdAeQ/Sa1sWd8j4pI/AAAAAAAAEBg/BGX_vc32JHc/s400/wtf.jpg[/URL]

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Curse you Community Managers and your carefully chosen but still incredibly vague word choice. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Curse you Community Managers and your carefully chosen but still incredibly vague word choice. b:surrender

Yeah...

I wish I had his skillz...

Instead, I just fail and get everyone confused...

*hides evidence of confusion caused by ill-chosen words*

You didn't see aaannnyyything...

b:avoid
    edited January 2011

that mean its ready? xD and can ya give us atleast yer guess of a date plz? yall said around a month on the 26th, and idk how much info you're given, but if you know, it would be nice to know a closer to exact date. if ya don't know, it's alright, but if ya don't, could we atleast get a post saying you don't have anymore of a clue than we do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    everyone should just mail they stuff to me, I'll make sure no one hacks your account and steals it b:cute
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2 hours until Feb. So time for all the "QQ where is expansion?" threads. b:laugh

On topic: I hate scammers, but what kind of tard would fall for this in the first place. .-. Yes, the scammers should be banned...... But if you get scammed then you wasn't smart enough to keep your items. b:shutup
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2 hours until Feb. So time for all the "QQ where is expansion?" threads. b:laugh

On topic: I hate scammers, but what kind of tard would fall for this in the first place. .-. Yes, the scammers should be banned...... But if you get scammed then you wasn't smart enough to keep your items. b:shutup

I'm surprised our UK friends haven't already started. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I've been found out b:avoid
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Agreed! hit the button ;D

On a side note... do CM's get trained how to speak in ways that you think you might have got an answer but you can't be really sure :o ?b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Hl/ - Harshlands14
    Hl/ - Harshlands14 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It will be open to all players immediately upon release b:thanks

You could always solve the problem BY TELLING US WHEN IT'S COMING OUT. Impatient people wouldn't fall for closed beta if you told us what day of February you're releasing the conent...

duh.....

It's February here in Europe. You're running out of time to stall, and players are running out of patience due to lack of answers...frankie. >.>
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You're forgetting in your haste that releasing the expansion will likely cause more scams?

People also need to take a step back when something seems to good to be true and take a hard look. Sometimes things are as they seem, but usually they are not.
    edited February 2011
    You could always solve the problem BY TELLING US WHEN IT'S COMING OUT. Impatient people wouldn't fall for closed beta if you told us what day of February you're releasing the conent...

duh.....

It's February here in Europe. You're running out of time to stall, and players are running out of patience due to lack of answers...frankie. >.>

yeah, took the words right outta my mouth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lheowyn - Harshlands
    Lheowyn - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well. gms kinda did tell us when it be released. just nobody was smart enough to catch it, let me find link well. here it is ---->http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=189791 yes thats the facebook news from weak ago. here i quot ''So whether you're low-level, mid-level, or high level; be you a merchant, TW warrior, or elite grinder; you will have one heck of an(hmm some reason this phrase sticks out to me~~~~>>) exciting week (<~~~~) if we hit the 200k goal by March 1st!'' HINT HINT HINT and another hint and i quot ''We're going to do things a little differently this time around. In the past we've either made a set deadline for the prize, or we've removed the deadline completely. This time we're going for option 3: Two different rewards!

Reward #1 - Stipulation: We hit 200k Likes by March 1st, 2011:( why march 1st?, maybe expansion, an 2x drops, *cums*)

2x EXP/ 2x Drops/ 2x Spirit on all servers for two full weeks!''
  • Fast_Strike - Raging Tide
    Fast_Strike - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    when genesis will be released!!! i wanna play seeker so much!!b:pleased
    Name : Fast_strike
    Race: Human
    Class: Blademaster
    Lvl:6X
    Server:Raging Tides

b:victory b:victory b:victory
    edited February 2011
    well. gms kinda did tell us when it be released. just nobody was smart enough to catch it, let me find link well. here it is ---->http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=189791 yes thats the facebook news from weak ago. here i quot ''So whether you're low-level, mid-level, or high level; be you a merchant, TW warrior, or elite grinder; you will have one heck of an(hmm some reason this phrase sticks out to me~~~~>>) exciting week (<~~~~) if we hit the 200k goal by March 1st!'' HINT HINT HINT and another hint and i quot ''We're going to do things a little differently this time around. In the past we've either made a set deadline for the prize, or we've removed the deadline completely. This time we're going for option 3: Two different rewards!

Reward #1 - Stipulation: We hit 200k Likes by March 1st, 2011:( why march 1st?, maybe expansion, an 2x drops, *cums*)

2x EXP/ 2x Drops/ 2x Spirit on all servers for two full weeks!''

That simply means the expansion will be out by march the first. Its purposely misleading again. It still leaves the ENTIRETY of Febuary (I.E the release window they set) for them to release it.

We want a date, an ACTUAL DATE, as to when we get the damn expansion.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Knowing PWI's skills in announcing, the expansion I can almost guarantee you will come out near the end of FEB. I only say this because PWI has a history of its fetish for mental tortureb:chuckle. And yes, that whole Facebook thing, is clearly to mislead everyoneb:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    some people are so stupid

THEY DON'T KNOW WHEN IT IS COMING OUT YET THATS WHY THERE IS NO EXACT DATE, ITS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT

get this into you're head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    some People Are So Stupid

they Don't Know When It Is Coming Out Yet Thats Why There Is No Exact Date, Its Still In Development

Get This Into You're Head

they Do Know, It Is Just That They Are Busy Mentally Torturing Us With No Pack Sales Atm.

Get That In Your Head

Sorry I just had to :P.
  • Slipnoc - Raging Tide
    Slipnoc - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I received one of these messages 3-4 days ago. PWI has auto-deleted the message so i cant take a screenie and submit a ticket now. The subject of the message looks a lot like what you get from PWI when they send you things, so its slightly understandable that some people would jump on their claim. I wrote down the whole message when i got it:

Subject [Invite] PWE Support

Hello,
    we invite you to participate in CLOSED beta-test of update Genesis. For further instructions visit the update web site: WWW.XXXXXXX-XXXX.AT.UT ****im not giving out the site here for obvious reasons****
    Thank you,
    -Customer Service

The engrish and punctuations are a bit off so should be a tell, but im sure it still worked on some people. Play it safe people! b:bye
  • Keirya - Raging Tide
    Keirya - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hey, um, could you do us a favor please? could you just take your mouth, and ****ing shut it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fckn idiot, congratz, yer the one person who is opposed to everything in the expansion and don't want it ta come out.

for the love of god kanto, hit the dam button already!!!!!!!!!

Dude, there's no reason to be insulting. Every expansion will have things to work out and things that people aren't going to like. People are STILL QQing about the tideborn classes and they came out over a year ago.
  • IcedAngel - Raging Tide
    IcedAngel - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I was one of the ones that got the invite. I have taken a screen shot and will be sending it to you all.