Starting to notice a lack of sense...

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Cleric
This is a QQ thread. It's partly my fault. But... Maybe reading it will help some people get better...

I was doing FCC on my Veno the other day. It was... An awful squad. 2 clerics, 2 archers, me, and a BM, who got replaced by a Barb after the first boss.

Now... The BM was good. Really good. He AOEd, got aggro, etc., on the pulls. Used Magic Marrow, used food, etc., and we did the mob runs/door guards fast.

Except the clerics... Were not healing him.

This was an FCC 79-89 run, and the BM was 89. The clerics were on Vent, and well coordinated, the rest of us not. The BM would run through, do pulls, get aggro, AOE, AOE, AOE, and his HP would be going down, and both clerics would be standing there. One would hit him with an IH... or even stack him with IH... And honestly, I think it was a level 6 or level 7 IH on both of them. They would alternate BB, one would BB on one pull, the next would BB on the next.

The BM died a few times, we had some near-wipes. Mostly, it was because there was no IH. the Clerics wouldn't stack him before the pulls. I was sending the BM sparks like mad, and I ran my Genie from 600,000 stamina to empty just by self healing and hitting Absolute Domain to save the BM.

Fine, whatever. The 64 cleric found a Barb, and the BM left, but not after the Cleric trash talked the BM in her faction, and her faction started flaming the BM via whisper.

So a Barb joins. Joy. All goes smoothly?

Think again.

SMALL mob pull, 64 cleric is doing BB, and the barb's HP is going lower, and lower, and lower. I tell the 62 cleric to IH the Barb. The two clerics and Archers all jump on my *** telling me "I'm not a cleric, and don't tell them how to play their characters". Fine. Whatever. next pull, I didn't hit Absolute domain, because guess what? It was still on cooldown from saving the barb's fuzzy *** the last time. PARTY WIPE right through BB.

I survived, the only one. This is the point where I drained my genie, using Second Wind, and took more than 120k off my HP charm.

I said NOTHING after that. The barb didn't say anything. I let the clerics work it out.

But my point is... When someone in your party is saying something to you, sometimes you need to LISTEN, and not take it personally. Those two clerics lost way the hell more exp than they gained on that FCC run. I'm not joking about that, we spent 3 hours and 45 minutes in there, and never made it to the Heads. I went from 3% to 6% exp, at the expense of over 60 mana food, almost half an HP charm, 35 HP pots, and 7 Perfect Cookies. And you know, I won't ever squad in FCC with either of those two clerics again, and I'm weary about squadding with anyone in their faction (the 64 cleric was a faction leader, too).

Remember, you not only represent yourself, but your faction, especially when you are playing as a cleric, and there's more than 1 person in a public squad from the same faction.
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    >.> you DO know that by including these cleric-wannabe's in FCC your helping them get higher level at a even faster rate than they can learn right? top it off with the fail they already accumulated....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This is a QQ thread. It's partly my fault. But... Maybe reading it will help some people get better...

I was doing FCC on my Veno the other day. It was... An awful squad. 2 clerics, 2 archers, me, and a BM, who got replaced by a Barb after the first boss.

Now... The BM was good. Really good. He AOEd, got aggro, etc., on the pulls. Used Magic Marrow, used food, etc., and we did the mob runs/door guards fast.

Except the clerics... Were not healing him.

This was an FCC 79-89 run, and the BM was 89. The clerics were on Vent, and well coordinated, the rest of us not. The BM would run through, do pulls, get aggro, AOE, AOE, AOE, and his HP would be going down, and both clerics would be standing there. One would hit him with an IH... or even stack him with IH... And honestly, I think it was a level 6 or level 7 IH on both of them. They would alternate BB, one would BB on one pull, the next would BB on the next.

The BM died a few times, we had some near-wipes. Mostly, it was because there was no IH. the Clerics wouldn't stack him before the pulls. I was sending the BM sparks like mad, and I ran my Genie from 600,000 stamina to empty just by self healing and hitting Absolute Domain to save the BM.

Fine, whatever. The 64 cleric found a Barb, and the BM left, but not after the Cleric trash talked the BM in her faction, and her faction started flaming the BM via whisper.

So a Barb joins. Joy. All goes smoothly?

Think again.

SMALL mob pull, 64 cleric is doing BB, and the barb's HP is going lower, and lower, and lower. I tell the 62 cleric to IH the Barb. The two clerics and Archers all jump on my *** telling me "I'm not a cleric, and don't tell them how to play their characters". Fine. Whatever. next pull, I didn't hit Absolute domain, because guess what? It was still on cooldown from saving the barb's fuzzy *** the last time. PARTY WIPE right through BB.

I survived, the only one. This is the point where I drained my genie, using Second Wind, and took more than 120k off my HP charm.

I said NOTHING after that. The barb didn't say anything. I let the clerics work it out.

But my point is... When someone in your party is saying something to you, sometimes you need to LISTEN, and not take it personally. Those two clerics lost way the hell more exp than they gained on that FCC run. I'm not joking about that, we spent 3 hours and 45 minutes in there, and never made it to the Heads. I went from 3% to 6% exp, at the expense of over 60 mana food, almost half an HP charm, 35 HP pots, and 7 Perfect Cookies. And you know, I won't ever squad in FCC with either of those two clerics again, and I'm weary about squadding with anyone in their faction (the 64 cleric was a faction leader, too).

Remember, you not only represent yourself, but your faction, especially when you are playing as a cleric, and there's more than 1 person in a public squad from the same faction.
    This is why when I'm done leveling my 2nd veno and barb, I'm done with the instance unless I do it only with my wife or RL friends. Too many idiots, too many people to babysit, too much concern for idiots who don't play their class. Granted, this is my fault because I ran FF so often and it's bound to produce some bitterness toward some players, even though in the squad I try to maintain a positive attitude, it's just something that's necessary.

Couple things surrounding your post..

- Two clerics in a run is fail no matter what. Say no to two clerics. Last time I ran with another cleric I was like level 80 on mine and ran with a 90 cleric who refused to heal at all because another, lower cleric was in squad. She also constantly whined the entire time about having to do hands, having to debuff.. whiner overall. Don't go with two clerics.

- I usually notice a cleric's MP when I join a squad on another character. It initially gives off to me how much they've invested in their magic attribute. I look at that and the weapon and I get an idea of how strong their heals are going to be. I've deliberately avoided runs with lvl 90 clerics who had like 5,000 or 6,000 MP. Why? Because in the few instances I had them, the barb would die at Holeen even with BB because their BB heals were not strong enough. I've seen some streams heal my barb for like 1000-2000. I **** you not.

- Level 60 clerics are not going to be much in the way of decent heals on a barb when taking on groups of high 80s mobs. They're also going to likely be incredibly squishy when it comes to bosses like Dread, Oceania, and Holeen. Bad idea.

- I've run into the "don't tell me how to play my class" people. I leave the squad instantly from them, especially when they're doing things entirely wrong. No patience for people who want to be stuck up and arrogant pricks in a squad and not listen to others in the squad. Example: 80s barb kept doing the magic pull to doorway and dying. I said they should invoke. They told me not to tell them how to play their class. I left the squad and found a better, less bitchy and moody barb.

- Low level squad, bad heals, no BM to stun or HF.. sounds like a combination of disaster and fail alike. Only advice I can give, which I'm sure you know by now, is go with a 80-90 squad. Will still find fails but at very least you have a decent shot of even completing the run without all the charm/pot/time ****.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i have some patience to nub people. making squad, to work with them can be quite challenging (tho very tiring..)

but i hate those "don't tell me how to play my class" people too.. no reason to care about person who take any in-game comment so personally...
    i never understood that. i never had problem with it myself. even on high level, if someone was giving me some obvious pro-tip, then it brought smile on my face at worst..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • SinfulGuise - Sanctuary
    SinfulGuise - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    - Two clerics in a run is fail no matter what. Say no to two clerics. Don't go with two clerics.

I don't agree with that. I'm sorry. I (Herc Veno) run with my game husband (Barb), his brother (Cleric), his brother's game wife (Archer), TJ (Cleric), and either his sister (Herc Veno) or Pops (Barb) and the runs are fine. But with saying this, I'd like to mention everyone's 90+ so they know how FCC works and how to do it with this particular type of squad.
    FuriaeViolet ~ Amplified ~ 95 Demon Support DD Cleric
    MidnaPride ~ Syndicat3 Leader ~ 39 Future Sage Archer
    BabySinr ~ SaintSins Leader ~ 56 Future Sage Mystic
    FioreTheDoll ~ Factionless ~ 60 Future Sage Assassin
    KareTenshi ~ Factionless ~ 52 Future Sage Psychic
    FaytheVida ~ Factionless ~ 30 Future Sage Seeker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    I don't agree with that. I'm sorry. I (Herc Veno) run with my game husband (Barb), his brother (Cleric), his brother's game wife (Archer), TJ (Cleric), and either his sister (Herc Veno) or Pops (Barb) and the runs are fine. But with saying this, I'd like to mention everyone's 90+ so they know how FCC works and how to do it with this particular type of squad.
    i think hes talking about the average non-static squad. Not everyone and certainly most FCC arent lucky enough to constantly run with their mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, and their dog
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    While petitions and pleas made on forums are great and all, the main problem with them is that 95% of the people that need to read them don't.

But anyways, 6X is too low for FF, imho, so you really should have looked for a higher level (and hopefully competent) cleric and a strong DD. I'm all for newb runs and training people, but I never take someone in unless they're 70+.

As for giving and taking advise, it goes both ways. On the one hand, people should be receptive to pro tips, especially if they are given nicely. But on the same coin, no one likes someone telling them how to play their class, so you do have to be careful about how your tips go across. Otherwise, you'll look like either the noob BM who told me to BB at Runewolf or the smart*** sin who kept bragging about their 3.33 APS at level 80 and their 102 cleric and then gave me hell because my rez was only level 10 and not 11 and they didn't know to stealth when running ahead of the barb (my cleric was level 84 that run, btw).

Advise is great, but remember to have patience and be gentle with it. Everyone was new at one point.

If they're new, give them slack. If they continually prove to be a noob, kick and get on with your life.
    edited January 2011
    i think hes talking about the average non-static squad. Not everyone and certainly most FCC arent lucky enough to constantly run with their mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, and their dog
    Yup. It wasn't iterated by this poster that t hey were running with a household of the same people, and I doubt if they were they'd be complaining about the people they live with in these regards. b:chuckle

It isn't so say bringing two clerics won't work.. it might not due to lack of damage, but overall, a cleric is not doing to be a better DD necessary for FF than any APS (bm/sin/archer) or AOE class (archer/wiz/psy/bm -- lesser degree sins and venos), and is unnecessarily going to make a run slower even though you only need one cleric.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you see the squad is fail & not listening to advice on top, pretend dc b:bye & go chill for a while or log on alt XD
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It isn't so say bringing two clerics won't work.. it might not due to lack of damage, but overall, a cleric is not doing to be a better DD necessary for FF than any APS (bm/sin/archer) or AOE class (archer/wiz/psy/bm -- lesser degree sins and venos), and is unnecessarily going to make a run slower even though you only need one cleric.

Spark - Tempest - Razor Feathers and I've died few times cause I've stolen aggro and outdamaged wizzies & Psychos.

The main problem is not the overall damage a squad can do, but the risk that comes from an uncoordinated heal/DD role they play on the squad.

If they agree one just heals and the other DD only, two cleric FC runs can go smoothly. If they mix n' match roles is askin' for a squad wipe. b:surrender
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Spark - Tempest - Razor Feathers and I've died few times cause I've stolen aggro and outdamaged wizzies & Psychos.

The main problem is not the overall damage a squad can do, but the risk that comes from an uncoordinated heal/DD role they play on the squad.

If they agree one just heals and the other DD only, two cleric FC runs can go smoothly. If they mix n' match roles is askin' for a squad wipe. b:surrender
    Unfortunately, the problem is in fact, the overall damage a squad can do. Groups of mobs die quickly. Bosses die much slower. The aforementioned APS classes are far beyond a cleric. If I want something to bring down groups of mobs that die quickly anyways I'll take AOE classes with much better skills without the likely confusion of who's gonna heal and who's gonna DD.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Actually, Janus, look at the levels of the clerics: 62 and 64. Either they're new to the instance (unlikely), or they've never played a cleric inside of FC (probably). Now, I don't want to make excuses for mistakes, but....it seems like this squad had a bad case of "I don't know what I'm doing."

Also, given the levels of the squad, and clerics specifically, I think taking two clerics was the right choice for that squad.

That being said...if I was OP, I would have explained what the clerics could do differently in order to keep the bm/barb alive; I'm a long-time cleric, and OP may not be, so take that with a grain of salt.

I'll finish with a question; without a bm, and given the low levels of the squad, you were probably only pulling half the room in the big room. Would you really have been able to handle it without the stun/hf from the bm?

/fin
    edited January 2011
    Actually, Janus, look at the levels of the clerics: 62 and 64. Either they're new to the instance (unlikely), or they've never played a cleric inside of FC (probably). Now, I don't want to make excuses for mistakes, but....it seems like this squad had a bad case of "I don't know what I'm doing."
    The clerics were on Vent, and well coordinated, the rest of us not.

Anyhow, t's actually why one would want to take a single cleric, and higher level. #1, chances are higher their IH is maxed to 10. #2, chances are, their heal is actually somewhat strong, whether it be BB or IH. To reiterate, should have been higher. Clerics should find some other place to level, maybe a lower RB, or zhen squads.
  • Soira - Raging Tide
    Soira - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't want to sound harsh but, seriously, how can you take 6x clerics in an 80+ instance and expect them to be able to keep the squad alive? Not to mention that they're probably unable to survive more than 3-4 shots in case some mobs aggro them (make it 1-2 if the mob happens to be a harpy >.>)
    I may be wrong, but, honestly, this is how I see it.
  • Tessiy - Raging Tide
    Tessiy - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2011

lol'd so hard.

Well Sarra, If i where you I'd never go with a lvl 64 cleric to FC. Mobs are 80+, and at that lvl the cleric would have.. 2k hp (?)
    Heals wont be strong enough and is an easy 1 shot to AoE bosses and mobs. I did my first FC at lvl 81 and I found it very hard so I waited untill I felt like I was ready, and tryed again when I was higher lvl. I cant imagine how it must've been for that cleric mabey she/he didnt have any experience in FC either.
    I fully agree with you in this thread, just saying for your own best go with an 80+ squad. If you wanna be sure that you'll not get a fail 3 hour FC you can do like me, check there gears to be sure they arent wearing an non-sharded TT70 armor/npc gear (i've actually seen this waaay too many times.) If they happen to have that kinda gear I suggest you leave squad.
    b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If the barb was using pots/genies and decently geared they really don't need a cleric. Having a barb/bm combo for stun would have helped too. First choice would have been kicking the low level cleric since a. they ruin the exp by being outside of level range and b. how much are they really contributing? They were freeloading. It sounds like they had friends in the squad, though, if they were on vent with them.

I got in trouble on my barb once during the magic hall pull. I pull the entire hall (run past the door, down to bishops, then back through the door to the shade) and have since about level 83-84. I also am a dex build since I plan on reseting to fists soon and don't want to use more than a medium reset to get there, so I only have 12-13k hp since then.

Anyways, I pullled the hall, invoked, roared, kept aggro, was chain attacking away, and with only a few mobs left I died. I'm like wth? Did bb drop? Nope, it's still up. How did I die with only a handful of mobs attacking me inside bb?

I look, the cleric is level 92 or something and has 7100 mp. I look at their gear, and they have all +vit, +hp, and +mp gear. 7100 mp at level 91 with tons of +mp!!! While I'm checking out her gear she has been raging at the BM that they should have stunned more, and then at the DDs they didn't kill quick enough otherwise I wouldn't die. So I said "Or it could have been the level 91 cleric vit build with 7100 mp". To which I got the response "Its called a battle cleric *rage quite*". Granted I should have watched my hp and potted to support, but that cleric had almost no healing ability.

The point is, as well as being another lack of sense about builds, is low level clerics may not have had the healing ability to keep up with the mob damage one way or the other. Especially if they were vit builds who have weaker heals. You did say they were surviving the aoes, so this may have been the case. Plus, they may have spent so much time healing and rezzing each other there was never time to get a stack on the barb.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited January 2011
    I don't want to sound harsh but, seriously, how can you take 6x clerics in an 80+ instance and expect them to be able to keep the squad alive? Not to mention that they're probably unable to survive more than 3-4 shots in case some mobs aggro them (make it 1-2 if the mob happens to be a harpy >.>)
    I may be wrong, but, honestly, this is how I see it.
    The problem the OP was mentioning is that the clerics were lacking basic things, such as stacking heals before a barb goes gather the mobs.
  • Soira - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    The problem the OP was mentioning is that the clerics were lacking basic things, such as stacking heals before a barb goes gather the mobs.

Lacking basic things or not, they're still WAY too low for that instance.b:surrender Honestly, Sarra, if I were you I would've a) left squad the second I saw the "62" and "64" next to their name and class icon or b) ask for them to get kicked and replaced by a higher lvl cleric and maybe another DD.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2011

It is nice to see you have a whole family to help you out but most of us don't and what if the Veno didn't have herc.You can go ask the Venos that as tweaks and i had big debate one that one.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Woxai - Heavens Tear
    Woxai - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I almost made a facedesk reading this, due to fail in epic proportions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know you love them both
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    personally i would of perhaps asked the clerics at start if they even know what to do o.o otherwise bye bye im gone. and yes 6x is a bitish to low if they were 7x would be acceptable =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Heh... I did BH59, and the cleric bubbled at Drake. This was after I specifically asked her to IH and Purify...

Squad wipe + her QQing at me = me leaving

And come on, I was on my archer. I'm not supposed to tank Drake... b:surrender Though I've been tanking BH59 a bit lately on that char b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Koltrast - Sanctuary
    Koltrast - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I've been tanking 59 on an archer since about lvl 70. Especially drake, since he only has a DOT at range. Sure an arcane could have done it even easier, and BB'ing there is really stupid, but there's no reason you can't be tanking it either.
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why the hell would you be taking low lv6x clerics to an FF? Main reason squad is fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    Toxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It is nice to see you have a whole family to help you out but most of us don't and what if the Veno didn't have herc.You can go ask the Venos that as tweaks and i had big debate one that one.

Do you even read? Like ever? WTF does matter if she had a herc. If you didn't notice, the OP WAS the veno, and said she was doing all she could to help the squad. Having a herc or not isn't going to help at all if squad wipes and she has 20+ mobs on her alone.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Do you even read? Like ever? WTF does matter if she had a herc. If you didn't notice, the OP WAS the veno, and said she was doing all she could to help the squad. Having a herc or not isn't going to help at all if squad wipes and she has 20+ mobs on her alone.

I don't have a herc. And a herc doesn't make a lot of difference to me one way or the other, I was tanking the mobs myself without cleric help anyway. splitting my attention between killing the mobs, keeping myself alive, using the correct genie skills at the right time, and rampaging a herc while healing it would have been too much. LA saved my tail in that instance, as it normally does in FCC... Which is sad because I just gave my LA to my archer and am no longer playing my veno.

There are a few really good clerics I will FCC with. When they **** up, I don't say anything to make them feel bad. **** happens. But if something is going wrong, if someone says something, like "IH the barb", they don't jump all over whoever said it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    From some stuff I heard in game: if that level 62 cleric had max'd chromatic healing beam that party might have had a chance (or if the level 64 cleric had maxed that skill and the level 62 could do blue bubble). Note that this assumes maxed ironhearts, but anyways: the people that are willing to try new things and fail will ultimately know things about the game that the people that always play things safe will only discover if someone else tells them (and even then only if they pay attention and are willing to risk trying it for themselves).
  • Soira - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    From some stuff I heard in game: if that level 62 cleric had max'd chromatic healing beam that party might have had a chance (or if the level 64 cleric had maxed that skill and the level 62 could do blue bubble). Note that this assumes maxed ironhearts, but anyways: the people that are willing to try new things and fail will ultimately know things about the game that the people that always play things safe will only discover if someone else tells them (and even then only if they pay attention and are willing to risk trying it for themselves).

You need lvl 75 to max chromatic healing beam.Also, IH should have been maxed by lvl 60, since you need lvl 51 to max it.

Imo some people just don't have the patience to level up the way they're supposed to.Just today I was posting on world chat, asking for a 88+ barb for FC.Got PMed by a level 70 one who was telling me that he knows what to do, and that he has decent gear (full TT70 HA).I nicely refused and told him he's a bit too low for FC, but then he started talking about prejudice and me not knowing what the hell I'm saying...then welcomed me to his blacklist lol.

There are a lot of better (and safer b:surrender) ways to level up at those levels...
  • oursharedcleric
    oursharedcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

- Two clerics in a run is fail no matter what. Say no to two clerics.
    I will have to disagree with this as well, depending on how well you can muster up a strategy between the clerics, two can be pretty amazing.

I did the 39 run with another cleric, and we split the squad up to who should focus on healing who, so we weren't both trying to heal the same people constantly and ignoring other players. And if we were going to attack, we'd communicate so the other could heal like mad while offensive cleric was using spells.

When either died, we could revive eachother and we could revive multi players when we started getting a wipe out.

I did the same run again and i was the only cleric and it was waaaaaaay harder. i had to constantly heal everyone that were running in a million different directions while fighting and in the process of trying to heal and revive, i would get killed and have to run through the whole dungeon again just to catch up when we were really deep in there.

So the first run was fine when i died because i was revived, used pots and BAM back to healing and buffing and the second, we had to wait for me to run back to them and it was overwhelming with so many offensive players getting hurt at the same time and then just me.

So I think having 2 clerics works if they take the time to make a strategy . I have been in a squad with another cleric who kept pulling mobs and dying when we had a perfectly good player who would last longer while pulling and it was just all over the place. So i guess it really depends, but it's not fail all the time.

Also I never understood the whole 'don't tell me how to play' I mean, I LOVE when people give me advice and I make sure to consider it. Even though I hear 'MAX IH!!!' every time, I let them tell me anyway because they are trying to HELP not DISS. I won't listen if they are being a jack *** like 'haaha you fail ur doin it rong let me tell you how you do it so you don't suk' But when someone is giving you advice or feedback it's so you can better your character, since clerics have a demanding build and expectation. With all these jerks who don't listen, no one is going to be nice enough to help out newbies or misguided users anymore and it will be a 'fend for yourself and if you suck that's too bad you won't get my advice from exp'

Sad.

As far as the original poster goes: I give you mad props for having patience to deal with that, I honestly would have found a different squad. That sounds ridiculous.
  • Styx_Phoenix - Sanctuary
    Styx_Phoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lols.........

1. what decepti said... if the clerics are lvl6x there's NO WAY this will ever work. their heals are not strong enough, you died through bb cos bb's healing power also depends on magic attack. and a lvl6x cleric's bb is just not the same as a lvl8x cleric's bb.

2. to janus's comment... 2 clerics in a run...

i admit i dislike 2 cleric runs, because sometimes we both heal at same time and stuff... HOWEVER i have done several runs with other clerics in one squad, fcc, tt, anything really.
    the one thing i do is i tell them one of us mainly DD one of us mainly heal. and it usually works out fine.
    it's like having a cleric and a wiz except the wiz switch to cleric when needed.

and the 2 cleric runs always go smoothly for me.... (>:D and i get to let out my inner wiz)

3. why were you fccing with lvl6x in the first place... the squad doesn't even have a 10 lvl range...

4. lvl6x clerics dont have enough hp, the boss in exp room's aoe will one shot both of them. hell it even one shots some 8x clerics who dont have enough hp. lols.

5. D: man you should just fcc with me... *waves* you are in my faction arent you? LOL (ND)
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why are you even fccing with lvl 6x people, clerics or no clerics. 6x is way too low for FCC, early 7x is sometimes still too low. I would suggest taking at least lvl75 people.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)