Starting to notice a lack of sense...

2»

Comments

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why are you even fccing with lvl 6x people, clerics or no clerics. 6x is way too low for FCC, early 7x is sometimes still too low. I would suggest taking at least lvl75 people.

i got in fc as a 69 cleric. was with a 80 barb, rest 7x
    it was one of those training runs. was fun, still good exp.

do i recomment to do that as an efficient way to get exp? HELL NO
    in fact, most squads <80 fail. fail as in "are inefficient" generally.

and ofc as a cleric u are the one that pays the release cost :b

edit: barb was 90, typo? rather lame fail in writing xd
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2. to janus's comment... 2 clerics in a run...

i admit i dislike 2 cleric runs, because sometimes we both heal at same time and stuff... HOWEVER i have done several runs with other clerics in one squad, fcc, tt, anything really.
    the one thing i do is i tell them one of us mainly DD one of us mainly heal. and it usually works out fine.
    it's like having a cleric and a wiz except the wiz switch to cleric when needed.

and the 2 cleric runs always go smoothly for me.... (>:D and i get to let out my inner wiz)
    I guess I could get a two hour lvl 100 run to go smoothly with a bunch of clerics and wizards, but it's a really stupid idea and a waste of time. A cleric should easily be able to solo heal every boss, though because I presume clerics in general aren't smart enough to occasionally stack their own self with IH to ensure bubble doesn't tick their charm never mind kill them without one on Shocktrooper, or survive a purge+bishop at Dread, I can see reason for bringing one wizard or psychic. Not another cleric. When I run with friends, there's one cleric, nobody else. In runs I make, if the cleric is someone I know, and is on my FL, I ask them whether they want a wiz or psy, generally not needed, so we go with a barb/pull BM and a full DD squad (sins/BM/rare archer who isn't dumb enough to STA every boss/veno if can't find anybody else) to make your two hour run into 20 - 45 mins.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i got invited FCC to DD :D woooo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Styx_Phoenix - Sanctuary
    Styx_Phoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I guess I could get a two hour lvl 100 run to go smoothly with a bunch of clerics and wizards, but it's a really stupid idea and a waste of time. A cleric should easily be able to solo heal every boss, though because I presume clerics in general aren't smart enough to occasionally stack their own self with IH to ensure bubble doesn't tick their charm never mind kill them without one on Shocktrooper, or survive a purge+bishop at Dread, I can see reason for bringing one wizard or psychic. Not another cleric. When I run with friends, there's one cleric, nobody else. In runs I make, if the cleric is someone I know, and is on my FL, I ask them whether they want a wiz or psy, generally not needed, so we go with a barb/pull BM and a full DD squad (sins/BM/rare archer who isn't dumb enough to STA every boss/veno if can't find anybody else) to make your two hour run into 20 - 45 mins.

oh when i say 2 cleric runs, i've done it in my lvl80s too...

and i agree 1 cleric can easily solo heal... and you dont even need a charm to solo-heal as a cleric. but sometimes if you have 2 clerics, you have to accomodate to changes...

i've had 2 barb fcc runs before too... n we just have one barb pull the other DD...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Pretty soon, it'll just be a cleric and 5 BM's. o.o
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i got in fc as a 69 cleric. was with a 80 barb, rest 7x
    it was one of those training runs. was fun, still good exp.

do i recomment to do that as an efficient way to get exp? HELL NO
    in fact, most squads <80 fail. fail as in "are inefficient" generally.

and ofc as a cleric u are the one that pays the release cost :b

I wonder how you even got in in the first place since you need a 85+ person to open it xD
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Pretty soon, it'll just be a cleric and 5 BM's. o.o

If you have 5 Bms why would you need a cleric ;)
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I wonder how you even got in in the first place since you need a 85+ person to open it xD

we got in cause I fail. the barb was 90b:surrender

but i think that i had to drop squad so they could open and then get invited to enter
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i get invited to DD in squads.. level 10 tempest is quickly looked over by many people..
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Gie_ - Archosaur
    Gie_ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i have some patience to nub people. making squad, to work with them can be quite challenging (tho very tiring..)

but i hate those "don't tell me how to play my class" people too.. no reason to care about person who take any in-game comment so personally...
    i never understood that. i never had problem with it myself. even on high level, if someone was giving me some obvious pro-tip, then it brought smile on my face at worst..

hmmmm... if u were in a bh51 squad with a barb that runs into a bunch of mobs, doesn't aoe (or hits them all at least once), doesn't even have true form skill and still orders u to heal him (which every1 knows is suicide), then u'd have that problem... at least i had. i appreciate when decent players gimme tips though, unless they r rude :s.

good thread anyway, and yh lvl60+ clerics on fc is kinda disasterous :S i am lvl77 and im not going to attempt for fc till lvl80 at least... i went there with 90-101 ppl just to see how it was and, although they were pro and everything went fine, it seemed too scary for my lvl XD

hugs <3
    my life story on pwi: born in LC server on late august 2008; made an 8 months break due to studies from mid september 2008 to end may 2009 (and just feel like i lost the best part of the game, but it was worth^^); moved to RT server on december 2009, cause i was too noob to dontcareabout/like being constantly pked; moved to archosaur when the server went live and i kept myself there till now^^; i still dream about going back to LC when i become a pro b:pleased
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    O_o It's never a good idea to take lvl 60 clerics to FCC. Ancient Arbors (if they had them) are nice weaps but they don't allow you to heal enough to keep the BM or barb alive. Usually the requirement for FCCing on any of my chars is 80+. Hell, I learned the hard way that you should NEVER take a lvl 90 cleric to FCC if they have unsharded gear and 3k hp (and I know lvl 60 clerics have less than that)!

2 cleric runs can be either hell or smooth if you can work something out, and follow it... On that run, I spend more time ressing the fail low hp cleric than healing the squad on Draelindra. I imagine that they were potting furiously because I wasn't healing as much, but they were the ones insisting that I res the squishy cleric rather than leave him dead and come back for him after the FCC was done. b:surrender

Always check your squadmates' gear, hp and mp before you start any sort of run. Gear is no indication of skill, that is true. However, if you spot someone with truly mediocre gear, you'll know when to leave squad. Saved me hell on a few occasions. xD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    For the "2nd cleric" comments....

I can totally understand why some people hate having 2 clerics. Some squads **** me off because the other cleric isn't pulling his/her weight and thinks I'm there to let them fulfill their metal-mage tanking dreams. At least the two clerics in your Frost squad took turns, however nooby they might have been. (tho, I dont think a 6x cleric should be in Frost....even somebody who knew what they were doing would have a horrible time making it through).
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hmmmm... if u were in a bh51 squad with a barb that runs into a bunch of mobs, doesn't aoe (or hits them all at least once), doesn't even have true form skill and still orders u to heal him (which every1 knows is suicide), then u'd have that problem... at least i had. i appreciate when decent players gimme tips though, unless they r rude :s.

good thread anyway, and yh lvl60+ clerics on fc is kinda disasterous :S i am lvl77 and im not going to attempt for fc till lvl80 at least... i went there with 90-101 ppl just to see how it was and, although they were pro and everything went fine, it seemed too scary for my lvl XD

hugs <3

well, yeah.. too nuby squads, where people dont know basics are just frustrating.. b:shutup

and i always tried to not give rude comments - sometimes bit stiff maybe. it gets bit tiring if you repeat something all over again

hugs back <3
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Frostwish - Raging Tide
    Frostwish - Raging Tide Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, I don't entirely agree that two clerics in a squad is bad. It's just when there's a lack of communication. I sometimes go on two cleric FCs, but I make sure either I know them or if I don't, talk with them exactly who and how we're going to heal/alternate/whatever.

Also.. FC=Frostcovered City.. so.. FCC=? or is it Frost[C]overed City? o.o

I ran my first training FC at 73, with 3k HP, but I always run training FCs with level 100s/high 90s. It's much safer and easier to learn. Although we did have a suicidal barb... ANYWAY.

I'm just saying that early level 60s aren't a high enough level for FC unless you have a really pro squad. The moment they replaced the BM I would have left squad. Better to run nerfed run than a fail one. Also better to try find another squad than waste nearly 4 hours ^^
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    2 Cleric runs arn't necessary fail :)

I agree that one Cleric is enough to heal trough all bosses but a second cleric is so wonderfull if you **** up, because you get a rezz. Having a good Squad and 2 Clerics instead of one more assassin might prolong the run about 5 minutes (wild guess), so what :D

I would never go with any 6x into FC i would rather leave the squad if the others insist to take him with us. However, if one Cleric had BB and the other spammed Ih & Steam it shouldnt have become a 3h + Run

i would never have the patience to stay in such a squad.
    I hate Room 38
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Okay, reading that first post, I feel sorry for that BM.

TBH, I don't help squads, for the most part, where people aren't the levels (or around the levels) players are supposed to be to do the instance.

In this case, Forgotten Frostcovered City- I think the quests for them appear around level 75. Seeing a level 60 cleric in a FCC squad would just make me leave if they refused to change out that cleric for someone else appropriate for that level (regardless of class).

As for multiple clerics... I don't mind them. I just want to know how is in charge of healing (for the most part) and who is mainly going to DD.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]