To Dev: Easiest solution for 5.0 cancer

Options
xcliqz
xcliqz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
As we all know 5.0 is broken and some ppl suggested stupid things such nerf damage,nerf aps, makes boss moves, etc etc.

Now the main problem of being 5.0 aps is to be able to do perma-sparking, because that is where 5.0 APS power comes from.

What I am suggesting is not so complicated and not alot of work. Just change the chi gain from 5 chi per hit to 1 chi per hit or at max 2 chi per hit.

With only 1 chi per hit 5.0 APS can't do perma spark cause they only generate around 60 chi per triple spark.

Easiest solution even though i doubt any Devs will even read about this.
Post edited by xcliqz on

Comments

• Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    Gorwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    how a barb gona gain enough chi for FR?
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The devs like adding stuff instead of nerfing. The easiest thing to them would be to make other classes as powerful/desirable instead. For instance, make Barbs gain more threat level, make Wizards do more damage, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    xcliqz wrote: »
    As we all know 5.0 is broken and some ppl suggested stupid things such nerf damage,nerf aps, makes boss moves, etc etc.

Now the main problem of being 5.0 aps is to be able to do perma-sparking, because that is where 5.0 APS power comes from.

What I am suggesting is not so complicated and not alot of work. Just change the chi gain from 5 chi per hit to 1 chi per hit or at max 2 chi per hit.

With only 1 chi per hit 5.0 APS can't do perma spark cause they only generate around 60 chi per triple spark.

there is a simple solution to every complex problem, its simple, elegant, and wrong...

congratulations you fixed the perm spark problem.

As an added bonus you also made it impossible to use any chi skills for any melee character other than sin which has infinite chi anyways.

two steps forward, 1 slip, and a long way down the cliff till you hit the bottom.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The "easiest solution" is simply to restrict fist and claw weapons to blademasters only, as it should be.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The easier solution is to introduce a dungeon with the new expansion similar to delta with a great deal of high hp targets, where a 5aps' being OP vs 1 enemy is useless; not like nirv or tt now which mostly consist of 1 poor boss getting *ra ped in less than my spark cycle.
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well it could work but the only way is to change the chi gain per hit per each weapon type. . .

Too much work that it wouldn't happen.

You could try to make fist give half to 1/3rd the amount of chi per hit as well. But I have no clue how the mechanics would work and how complicated that would be to do.
  • xcliqz
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Of course it will be fist/claw and dagger only, as other weapon type gains regular chi per hits.
    As of today, fist/dagger gains 5 chi per hits, so does other melee.

U see all suggestions above? it aint easy to make new dungeon, it aint easy to make mage deal more dmg because then mage will 1 shot anything that moves without even bein touched.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As we all know 5.0 is broken

-another troll "5.0 is broken" thread. -It's not.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Than how are archers or barbs for example gonna be able to get enough chi for skills? Barbs really need chi for FL/Devour/Invoke etc if they're tanking. Archers using bow already get chi in a very slow pace, they would never be able to triple spark or open Barrage inside instances, if you changed the chi gain.

Than you have all the BMs that doesn't have full set of interval gear and - 0.1 claws, they would be severely gimped to. No more Aoe stun + Heavens Flame on big pulls in Frost since the BM cant get enough chi.

Anyone beside a 5.0 sin wouldn't be able to play the game without spamming chi pots/Cloud Eruption on genie/punching NPCs all day long.
  • xqueenfoolish
    xqueenfoolish Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's a good idea, but there is no point in suggesting this since you wont be heard by GM anyway.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not everyone has 5APS. All this suggests is breaking the game so players will have to have 5APS. But devs won't listen to this anyway, so it doesn't even matter.

Face>Keyboard>Roll>wieglasdhugilaerwhglbshdflaehrilugaelriughaslivhiglhildbsvvgfrviAWUEBIBHsdBGFVIlsBGFILASJBGFLISBGVILLLLLLLLGHULG
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Krue/ - Lost City52
    Krue/ - Lost City52 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Best solution to 5.0 being OP in instances like nirv and stuff would be

GIVE TRIPLE SPARK A 60 SECOND COOL DOWN TIME
  • xcliqz
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Than how are archers or barbs for example gonna be able to get enough chi for skills? Barbs really need chi for FL/Devour/Invoke etc if they're tanking. Archers using bow already get chi in a very slow pace, they would never be able to triple spark or open Barrage inside instances, if you changed the chi gain.

Than you have all the BMs that doesn't have full set of interval gear and - 0.1 claws, they would be severely gimped to. No more Aoe stun + Heavens Flame on big pulls in Frost since the BM cant get enough chi.

Anyone beside a 5.0 sin wouldn't be able to play the game without spamming chi pots/Cloud Eruption on genie/punching NPCs all day long.

Read again, this is ony for claw/dagger, as for other melee type weapons gains normal chi.
    So if people use axe they get normal "5 chi per hit, and if people use fist they get "1 chi per hit"

Back in the day, there was no 5.0 and people using HH90 green and BM using star axe HH 90 green or even HH 70 gold axe...and they were doing just fine in frost and can keep up with chi gain.
  • xcliqz
    edited January 2011
    Options

This works too.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Read again, this is ony for claw/dagger, as for other melee type weapons gains normal chi.
    So if people use axe they get normal "5 chi per hit, and if people use fist they get "1 chi per hit"

This is far from easy...

It pretty much cripples fist/claw at any level and could cause a great deal of harm to all levels of sins. Not every sin is a demon 5.0 aps sin already at lv100...

I don't know anything about the code itself. But if chi per basic attack is a constant or a single variable, trying to change it could require rewriting a large section of code. Not exactly a good choice if other options are available.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

5.0 isn't the powerful thing, going and soloing WITH 5.0 is what needs to be truly fixed. Negative Interval users will always be better then any magic user unless they nerf max down to 2.5 or less, but even then it's better in most cases. People having 5.0 is fine, it's what they can do with it that needs to be altered.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • DeLetar - Sanctuary
    DeLetar - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The devs like adding stuff instead of nerfing. The easiest thing to them would be to make other classes as powerful/desirable instead. For instance, make Barbs gain more threat level, make Wizards do more damage, etc.

Except, other classes, like venomancers, or more specifically, their pets, remain stagnant and still are obsolete. An archer with Heaven Shatter or r9 bow can still purge bosses of their positive buffs. Pets have set amount of HP and stats and their skills will only do so much. Of the magic classes, venomancers are the weakest because of their pets. Clerics were considered the middle- ground and wizards are the top dog (not entirely sure where Psychics fall; probably ahead of cleric but still below a wizard).

As someone pointed out, not everyone wants to, or will go, demon BM or demon assassin. I, myself, had a long conversation with a faction mate after he saw my cleric's demon spark and said, "Man, I can't wait until I can spark and have APS." After said conversation, he thought about it and is now a sage assassin. Sometimes when you point out that APS isn't everything- and trust me, it isn't, and give logic and hard facts to back it up, some players will actually reconsider things.

APS really isn't that broken. What you give up for faster PvE can make you worse at things like PvP. APS in TW is pretty pointless to me unless you can keep someone stun- locked, sealed, or frozen. Most people don't use any other skills other than bloodpaint> spark> normal attacks. I've seen plenty of sins that don't use helpful skills like rib strike (slows target's attack rate).

TL;DR: To have APS, you give up other good traits from that class. It's the lazy players way of doing things and nothing more.

5.0 isn't the powerful thing, going and soloing WITH 5.0 is what needs to be truly fixed. Negative Interval users will always be better then any magic user unless they nerf max down to 2.5 or less, but even then it's better in most cases. People having 5.0 is fine, it's what they can do with it that needs to be altered.

This is probably why TT was turned back to "hard mode." That is one of the prices to pay for having APS, I admit. TT3-1's GBA boss has a speed attack boost, if I am not mistaken.

Yeah. That wasn't around when I played this game. We did suicide 3-1's and zhenned GBA, 3 minute, snake and the sonic oppressor doppelganger all at once and literally did the entire instance in 20- 30 minutes even before anniversary packs were ever released.

I feel sorry, and frustrated, knowing I face the same problem when I reach that level range, for those that are farming their GBAs for their TT90 armor.
    I level the old- fashioned way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I like having the money for skills.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

yes 999x better than op's suggestion. but maybe make it like 30 sec. i like being able spark, chi pot and spark again with bow lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Except, other classes, like venomancers, or more specifically, their pets, remain stagnant and still are obsolete. An archer with Heaven Shatter or r9 bow can still purge bosses of their positive buffs. Pets have set amount of HP and stats and their skills will only do so much. Of the magic classes, venomancers are the weakest because of their pets. Clerics were considered the middle- ground and wizards are the top dog (not entirely sure where Psychics fall; probably ahead of cleric but still below a wizard).
    You misunderstood me. I meant that they should power all classes and all traits up to match 5aps. Venos should get a wider variety of decent pets(as apparently, only Baby Herc is decent now). Just power them up more, make them more exciting. Same with every other class. Same with non-fist BMs. Same with Psys. Same with Clerics.
    As someone pointed out, not everyone wants to, or will go, demon BM or demon assassin. I, myself, had a long conversation with a faction mate after he saw my cleric's demon spark and said, "Man, I can't wait until I can spark and have APS." After said conversation, he thought about it and is now a sage assassin. Sometimes when you point out that APS isn't everything- and trust me, it isn't, and give logic and hard facts to back it up, some players will actually reconsider things.
    Agreed. Going sage BM hereb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options

APS really isn't that broken. What you give up for faster PvE can make you worse at things like PvP. APS in TW is pretty pointless to me unless you can keep someone stun- locked, sealed, or frozen. Most people don't use any other skills other than bloodpaint> spark> normal attacks. I've seen plenty of sins that don't use helpful skills like rib strike (slows target's attack rate).

TL;DR: To have APS, you give up other good traits from that class. It's the lazy players way of doing things and nothing more.

This is probably why TT was turned back to "hard mode." That is one of the prices to pay for having APS, I admit. TT3-1's GBA boss has a speed attack boost, if I am not mistaken.

Yeah. That wasn't around when I played this game. We did suicide 3-1's and zhenned GBA, 3 minute, snake and the sonic oppressor doppelganger all at once and literally did the entire instance in 20- 30 minutes even before anniversary packs were ever released.

I feel sorry, and frustrated, knowing I face the same problem when I reach that level range, for those that are farming their GBAs for their TT90 armor.

Hard mode was about the dumbest thing they could do. This mode doesn't hurt the top 5-10% of the people that farmed it (problem crowd they tried to stop), but completely put a halt to anyone legitimately farming their TT99 gear.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hard mode was about the dumbest thing they could do. This mode doesn't hurt the top 5-10% of the people that farmed it (problem crowd they tried to stop), but completely put a halt to anyone legitimately farming their TT99 gear.

At 100+ we get Mysterious Chips by the butt load and don't need to farm it.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

I could get chars to 105 faster then getting enough chips from BHs to chip out every single gold mat for my TT99. Putting that aside I don't care about chipping out mats, they put TTs in to farm your gear and the majority can't...that's called.....****ing stupid.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As someone pointed out, not everyone wants to, or will go, demon BM or demon assassin[/B]

It goes further than that. It would make all levels of fist bm and sins more difficult. Can't triple spark until lv89 after all. o.o
    Venos should get a wider variety of decent pets(as apparently, only Baby Herc is decent now). Just power them up more, make them more exciting. Same with every other class. Same with non-fist BMs. Same with Psys. Same with Clerics.

Hmmm... maybe. Pet skills cap out at Lv5 which is like a Lv10 player skill. Pets don't have sage/demon stuff available to them.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I could get chars to 105 faster then getting enough chips from BHs to chip out every single gold mat for my TT99. Putting that aside I don't care about chipping out mats, they put TTs in to farm your gear and the majority can't...that's called.....****ing stupid.

The majority being arcane? -They get more out of Legendary armor. I got my Nirvana Stage 2 pants and sleeves from chipped mats well before lvl 102, and I've sold a ton of chips. Since there's only one person to reach 105 so far, I'd say you're way off the mark.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The majority being arcane? -They get more out of Legendary armor. I got my Nirvana Stage 2 pants and sleeves from chipped mats well before lvl 102, and I've sold a ton of chips. Since there's only one person to reach 105 so far, I'd say you're way off the mark.

3710 chips / 50 = 75 (74.2) rewards; 20% chance to get them = 371 days (on average) to get enough chips for your 4 armor pieces. If you also get 2 ornaments that's another 1396 chips / 50 = 28 (27.92) rewards or 140 days. Wanna bet someone can get to 105 in less then 511 days?

Legendary doesn't get them nirvana. Yes, you can chip the gold mats..... but not everyone just wants to chip them, a lot of people (including me) never chips mats they always farm them. Messing up TT3-x like that really screwed this game up for end game average players.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The devs like adding stuff instead of nerfing. .

what game are you playing? They nerf'd barb tiger speed (down 1.5), mob drops (2x today used to be normal), dq item prices (down 33%), the amount of time you get in an instance (used to be 12hr+), FCC (everything in fcc forges used to be farmable in fcc +it was harder, not a place to power lvl). And other things.

except for a couple free weekly events that the same CSers win every week, 5.0 aps, rank9 and constant sales the devs havent added much in a long time. "minor localizations"...

Personaly I'm still waiting for the black market npc to work so we can add meterials like we can shards I.E 3 logs = 1 refined lumber.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    -another troll "5.0 is broken" thread. -It's not.

5.0 isn't broken, that's the problem. 5.0 works just as it should, makes ya hit 5 times a second. the fact that it's working, is the problem. we need to break, and smash, and strangle the life out of it until it falls to the ground twitching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    10 seconds into reading I knew you were taking the "nerf chi per hit" or "put a cooldown on sparking" paths.

You happened to choose the former.

Congrats on being predictable and unoriginal
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Easiest solution for 5.0 cancer: become 5aps yourself or quit.

The majority of this community couldn't give three ****s about you if you're less than 5aps, so if you don't have anybody who actually doesn't mind taking it a little slower (cause, you know, this is a game and all and you aren't about to die horribly if you spent an extra minute or two on a boss. Hint hint.) then you're basically screwed and might as well quit. Or just go aps yourself, whichever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You misunderstood me. I meant that they should power all classes and all traits up to match 5aps. Venos should get a wider variety of decent pets(as apparently, only Baby Herc is decent now). Just power them up more, make them more exciting. Same with every other class. Same with non-fist BMs. Same with Psys. Same with Clerics.

I did misunderstand.

What about the levels beforehand? I, personally, won't go to TT with 90+ with TT70 or NPC gear- there is just no reason for neglecting your character like that. What you are proposing is an excuse for the epidemic. No. "Hard- mode" TT doesn't harm the ones that use APS already- it hurts others; the lower levels and the classes that don't want or can't have interval.

Even with chips, you still need to pay the NPC a set price for the mats. You still need to farm the green mats as well. You still need to farm the money. Guess what? You are still farming 'it.'You offer nothing and only think in one aspect of the problem.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]