To Dev: Easiest solution for 5.0 cancer

Options

Comments

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Easiest solution for 5.0 cancer: become 5aps yourself or quit.

The majority of this community couldn't give three ****s about you if you're less than 5aps, so if you don't have anybody who actually doesn't mind taking it a little slower (cause, you know, this is a game and all and you aren't about to die horribly if you spent an extra minute or two on a boss. Hint hint.) then you're basically screwed and might as well quit. Or just go aps yourself, whichever.

sad but true i miss the days where most wnted to help you and didnt give a rats *** if you had the top gear or not(except for a few exceptions where you had to meet a requirement)b:cry was so fun bck then now everyone treats the game like a 2nd jobb:cry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is the stupidest non-yulk idea I've seen in a while.

Read again, this is ony for claw/dagger, as for other melee type weapons gains normal chi.
    So if people use axe they get normal "5 chi per hit, and if people use fist they get "1 chi per hit"

Back in the day, there was no 5.0 and people using HH90 green and BM using star axe HH 90 green or even HH 70 gold axe...and they were doing just fine in frost and can keep up with chi gain.

And everyone used charms for everything and TT3-x hadn't been altered.

Go do a TT3-3 with HH90 green axes and HH90 green bows for the archers while using HH90 green armor, and show me the squad killing steelation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    5.0 isn't broken, that's the problem. 5.0 works just as it should, makes ya hit 5 times a second. the fact that it's working, is the problem. we need to break, and smash, and strangle the life out of it until it falls to the ground twitching.

5aps comes to VoS and fails to KS >90% of the time (mobs have to spawn right next to them). 5aps gimps their already poor AoE to get 5aps. 5aps has to leave drops and HP to each mob in BH's because if they don't: mobs would be dead before they get to them and finish sparking. 5aps has to put more into survivability again gimping AoE (the rest of us are 1 shotting ~50 [?] mobs at a time). 5 aps has one single boring instance that they excel at and they need others to help them open it. 1-1 dps takes away from team style play which is what MMO should be about. People should feel sorry for them; not envy them.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    xcliqz wrote: »
    Read again, this is ony for claw/dagger, as for other melee type weapons gains normal chi.
    So if people use axe they get normal "5 chi per hit, and if people use fist they get "1 chi per hit"

Back in the day, there was no 5.0 and people using HH90 green and BM using star axe HH 90 green or even HH 70 gold axe...and they were doing just fine in frost and can keep up with chi gain.
    >.>
    Back in the day there was also no Genies. Hey lets get rid of them too as they can regen chi, and give attack speed boost allowing classes like Venos to hit 5aps as well.

5APS and perma-sparking has ALWAYS been a part of the game mechanic. Its just more readily available now. Your back in the day comment makes no sense as back in the day you could, in theory, farm all this interval gear and do the exact same thing. Its always been there.
    "in theory" because not everyone, and I'm guessing the majority of players, don't have the sheer amount of free time to be able to do so. We have jobs, families, and lives.
    Just because something that has always been available in game is now far more accessible to the common/casual player doesn't make it broken.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Insane idea~

Let's just remove sparking altogether b:avoid

Fixes perma-spark problem, sins sparking in stealth problem, and everyone gets to QQ equally :D

Flame on!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    stop The Nerf Aps Pointless Bull!! It Wont Fix Anything! Pwi Isnt Run By An American Country, Its Run By A Communist Country, They Dont Give A Damn
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    stop The Nerf Aps Pointless Bull!! It Wont Fix Anything! Pwi Isnt Run By An American Country, Its Run By A Communist Country, They Dont Give A Damn

i loved the American vs communist countryb:laugh
    however i though that communism involves something about everybody equal etc b:avoid

and btw why rage? scared that they could actually listen? hey it's not an american country b:avoid
  • Tulipano - Archosaur
    Tulipano - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nerfrage caps text here

Seriously you need to chill a bit, it's just a game lol... I think I'm gonna quote you something you said earlier...

"Cant you point your dedication towards something important?

I swear if you whiners pointed your rabid distain at something useful, maybe just maybe things would actually be done in the world and you could actually flex your real-peen instead of your e-peen."
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    My suggestion would still be like i said a few months be4: give some bosses bramble that cant be purged.

-> hardest 5 aps nerf. 5 aps kill themselves lol
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    eyehaveyou wrote: »
    My suggestion would still be like i said a few months be4: give some bosses bramble that cant be purged.

-> hardest 5 aps nerf. 5 aps kill themselves lol

Then make my job harder than it already is with suicidal archers and wizards? Make it impossible to get a barb- an already seemingly hard to find class as it is?

No. Thank. You.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    30 second cooldown for spark maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • eyehaveyou
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Then make my job harder than it already is with suicidal archers and wizards? Make it impossible to get a barb- an already seemingly hard to find class as it is?

No. Thank. You.

since when does bramble affect magic? why shall barbs fear bramble? they have a cleric healing them. archer is harder true thats the only negativ aspect anyways i dont think bb couldnt heal the amount of an full -int bow archer.

imo no 1 suffers but 5 or 4 or 3.33 aps
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

back in the day when there was a Hwighlight Hemple gold axe?

Natural selection = evolve or go extinct

5aps or GTFO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    since when does bramble affect magic? why shall barbs fear bramble? they have a cleric healing them. archer is harder true thats the only negativ aspect anyways i dont think bb couldnt heal the amount of an full -int bow archer.

Read my post again, would you? Did I say bramble effecting archers and wizards? No. I said they were suicidal. Having BMs and barbs and close quarter (aka fist) archers constantly draining health from bramble is a nightmare unto itself.

The brambled bosses is another nail in the coffin for a barb as the reflected damage counts as hits and therefore make your equipment degrade faster. Do you not know of one of the biggest complaints of playing a barb is that they are costly? Why have a barb tank when an archer or wizard at range can tank?

Also take note that archers at range do not suffer the reflected damage. It's strictly melee attacks that are reflected- arrows, while inflicting physical damage on their own, are far from melee range.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Ecatomb - Harshlands
    Ecatomb - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    30 second cooldown for spark maybe?
    It's the easiest to do, and seems fair.

If dev could bring back reflect of wf available for pk too, could be nice.
    It was working like that at the begining of the game (but never worked on pwi).
    ecatomb.net/pwi/

Skill Database - Item Database - Character Simulator
    Baby Pet - Rare Pet - lvl100 Pet - Quest
    Screenshot of: Fashion - Mount - Armor - Weapon
  • xcliqz
    xcliqz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So far there is 3 solutions:

1. Reduce the chi gain

2. 30 seconds Cooldown on sparks

3. Be A hypocrite and become 5.0 yourself

Bring it on.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

1. Reduce the chi gain

Bring it on.

4. Quit
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    4. Quit

Or adapt by learning how to remain competitive.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As we all know 5.0 is broken and some ppl suggested stupid things such nerf damage,nerf aps, makes boss moves, etc etc.

Now the main problem of being 5.0 aps is to be able to do perma-sparking, because that is where 5.0 APS power comes from.

What I am suggesting is not so complicated and not alot of work. Just change the chi gain from 5 chi per hit to 1 chi per hit or at max 2 chi per hit.

With only 1 chi per hit 5.0 APS can't do perma spark cause they only generate around 60 chi per triple spark.

Easiest solution even though i doubt any Devs will even read about this.

And what about the melees that are not under 3 ap...."oh i didn't think about that"

Just wasted 2min of my time b:surrender which i could of been trolling other forms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options

1. Reduce the chi gain

Bring it on.
    4. Quit

5. Remove spark bursts altogether b:laugh (Hey at least the bms wouldn't QQ then)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary
    Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    From what i can see, there are two aspects of the 5 aps problem. as i see it, 5 aps itself is not op, far from it, as their equipments breaks a lot faster. the problem is, 1st, what they can do with it, and 2nd, what the effect is on other classes.

to the first problem, which is also the one under the spotlight: they are able to tank/solo high level instances, which no one else can do. as i see it, they shouldn't be able to as well.

unfortunately, there is no easy fix such as less chi per hit, increase cool down on spark, etc, as it will just gimp other toons more.

as i see it, there needs to be quite a few steps in doing this.

firstly, bloodpaint needs to be removed or at least changed. instead of regenerating a percent of hp, it should be made to regenerate a fix number (small amount)

two, the melee damage from bosses will need to be dramatically increased, 2 or 3 shotting toons.

three, give barbs an instance buff which dramatically reduces their damage taken, which in effect, balancing out the damage increased from step two. thus, barbs will be the only class which will be able to 'tank' the bosses with cleric's heals. as a result, everyone will need to watch their damage so to prevent them from stealing aggro.

this will solve problem one. as for problem two, casters are now regarded as useless, give or take, as their damage is nowhere comparable with a 5aps.

this problem can be fixed by decreasing casters skills' threats, which effectively making casters able to cast much more freely and do more damage, making them more wanted in parties.

finally, barb skills' threats need to be increased to make 5aps aggro stealing harder, so they are still able to hit and speed up runs.

of course, barbs will need to have good gears as per usual, 5aps will still be around and useful and casters will be on par with 5aps if they spend similar amount of money to get -channelling.
  • eyehaveyou
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And what about the melees that are not under 3 ap...."oh i didn't think about that"

Just wasted 2min of my time b:surrender which i could of been trolling other forms.

yes under 3 aps hits them self so damn fast that they kill themself in no time

/end sarcasm

omg now i was wasting 2 min of my time... think be4 u comment
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    From what i can see, there are two aspects of the 5 aps problem. as i see it, 5 aps itself is not op, far from it, as their equipments breaks a lot faster. the problem is, 1st, what they can do with it, and 2nd, what the effect is on other classes.

to the first problem, which is also the one under the spotlight: they are able to tank/solo high level instances, which no one else can do. as i see it, they shouldn't be able to as well.
    I agree, yet disagree, with you on this. Before packs came out, and before hard mode TT, venos could solo most of the TT instances with just a herc on squad mode. I see no difference here. Just different classes using different means to achieve the same goal.

This is the cost of choosing what class you play and what you are able to do.

unfortunately, there is no easy fix such as less chi per hit, increase cool down on spark, etc, as it will just gimp other toons more.

Completely agree on this statement.
    as i see it, there needs to be quite a few steps in doing this.

firstly, bloodpaint needs to be removed or at least changed. instead of regenerating a percent of hp, it should be made to regenerate a fix number (small amount)

Bloodpaint is not a problem here either. If anything, it allows a cleric some lee- way with their healing and buys time to debuff and heal others that may need the HP more. Even so, there are videos of archers soloing AE without bloodpaint. All they used were sparks and pots. Bloodpaint actually lows a sin to not be quite so costly to play in the earlier levels. If bloodpaint is taken away, or severely reduced, the class should get a slight defence boost- they are just as squishy as I remember my pure arcane cleric at the lower levels (can't say for mid level, haven't leveled my sin that far yet).
    two, the melee damage from bosses will need to be dramatically increased, 2 or 3 shotting toons.

This actually isn't a bad idea, in my opinion. Most bosses can already 1 shot me, so it makes little difference to me if they included that on the random aggro bosses.
    three, give barbs an instance buff which dramatically reduces their damage taken, which in effect, balancing out the damage increased from step two. thus, barbs will be the only class which will be able to 'tank' the bosses with cleric's heals. as a result, everyone will need to watch their damage so to prevent them from stealing aggro.

This, I also can't complain about. You aren't adding anything to barbs that could make them too advantageous in PvP. Perhaps like those blessings we used to get in instances that gave 10 defense levels, but a bit better?
    this will solve problem one. as for problem two, casters are now regarded as useless, give or take, as their damage is nowhere comparable with a 5aps.

this problem can be fixed by decreasing casters skills' threats, which effectively making casters able to cast much more freely and do more damage, making them more wanted in parties.

I think the problem here is that 3+ APS are wanted in groups, excluding the other classes. One 3+ APS teammate really isn't that bad. Arguably, I think a wizard or psychic with equipment equivalent to that APS player is just as broken.
    finally, barb skills' threats need to be increased to make 5aps aggro stealing harder, so they are still able to hit and speed up runs.

of course, barbs will need to have good gears as per usual, 5aps will still be around and useful and casters will be on par with 5aps if they spend similar amount of money to get -channelling.

Barbs don't really need more threat- it just takes spamming skills. I have personally seen a barb keep aggro off 5 APS players, it just took veno spark passes when she could and brambling only the barb. Squads that I have been in with barbs and included mostly 5 APS (squad looking like: barb/ cleric/ aps/ aps/ aps/ aps), most barbs don't even TRY to grab aggro. I did see one that tried in that squad set up and he, surprisingly, kept aggro most of the time. He had to abuse chi pots, chi building skill (can't recall the skill name) and spam threat building skills, but he got the job done.

Channeling alone won't put casters on par with APS players. There is such a thing as cool down- the more channeling you have, the more likely you will run into skills being in cool down. This I can tell you personally (I have 51% channeling- not ridiculously high IMO) and most of my macros break because my hardest hitting spells I spam and are always in cool down. However, adding more damage dealt by a caster class with disrupt the already shaky 'balance' of the classes in PvP.

The only other suggestion I could think of to fix this supposed APS problem (still an amusing idea to me, really), is limiting the amount of people that can actually equip interval reducing items. IE: BM enters the instance with 4 APS. Any other melee classes that try to enter will have their equipment automatically removed by the system to be 2.5 or lower and will not be able to re- equip them until they leave the instance/ squad. Re- entering the squad/ instance while there is another high APS player will auto remove the equipment again or just now allow the items to be equipped. Of course, this would only apply to instances with bosses, like Nirvana, TT and Lunar, but not ones like TW, City of Abominations, Cube.

However, even I don't like this idea as I don't mind instances 'speeding' by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Talking pve wise.

Why dont instances get a rainbow squad requirement????? there you go aps fixed on pve purposes..b:bye
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    too many fools who take this game too serious...

5aps is totally OP in any case pve and pvp anybody telling otherwise is just afraid of actually playing the game...b:shutup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

1. Reduce the chi gain

Bring it on.

4. Quit
    5. Remove spark bursts altogether b:laugh (Hey at least the bms wouldn't QQ then)

6. Do something else.

WARNING, CAUTION, WARNING: THIS MAY REQUIRE SOME CREATIVE THINKING.

That said, I am 5.0 myself. And, in certain situations, 5.0 is my best option. In other situations its useless. Currently, the most profitable situations tend to be situations where 5.0 is my best option.

But, hey, lets destroy the game to "fix" the game's economy. Because, you know, I cannot think of anything better to be doing.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Firstly, no. Just no. Removing BP would make sins completely unplayable. And I'm not talking about "not being able to solo instances" either. I'm talking as in "unable to even quest/grind". You try killing normal mobs by yourself w/o BP (on a sin ofc) and see how often you'd have to force stealth to safety. Or rest after every fight. Or just plain ole end up dead.

LA is utter **** at giving a decent amount of defences, and BP is required for a melee class (as in "needs to be face to face with a mob") in order to survive the encounter. You might as well have said that sins need to be removed from the game, with a **** statement like that.

Secondly, BP gives 2% HP back (besides sage versions 5%). 2% is not a whole lot. I should know, I have a lvl 85 sin. I burn through more HP food/pots just grinding with it than I ever did on this barb.

BP isn't an OP buff. In fact, it's really not that awesome for those melee's who...this is going to be a suprise...don't ****ing have 5 aps.

****ing stupid people and their stupid ideas.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've yet to hear a better idea than changing -interval to a % based system.

Lessens the benefit of interval on fist(without removing it) while increasing the benefit of interval on all other weapons.

Also, most "anti-5 aps QQers" can't seem to find a good argument against it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As we all know 5.0 is broken and some ppl suggested stupid things such nerf damage,nerf aps, makes boss moves, etc etc.

Now the main problem of being 5.0 aps is to be able to do perma-sparking, because that is where 5.0 APS power comes from.

What I am suggesting is not so complicated and not alot of work. Just change the chi gain from 5 chi per hit to 1 chi per hit or at max 2 chi per hit.

With only 1 chi per hit 5.0 APS can't do perma spark cause they only generate around 60 chi per triple spark.

Easiest solution even though i doubt any Devs will even read about this.

lolnub.
    do you know how much chi a sin can generate? + we have chi skill on genie.
    What you're saying is make all aps classes useless but hey, don't touch sin.
    kinda' dumb.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]