State Of Your Server

Options
Anri_Rose - Archosaur
Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
So hi there, uhm alot of you might not know me,
Im Anri rose, from archosaur server. And uhm well, I wanted to talk to all of you today, not just the folks in my server.

This is gonna sound wierd, but , I would like folks from all the diffrent servers to come here and talk.. My goal is simple I just want to have an open discussion about how each server is doing, and how the players there view things. Also what kind of things are bad about your server. Im hoping maybe the players who meet here to discuss things ,might be able to find some common issues, and maybe help resolve ones too.
The way I see it we can maybe learn something from some of the players on the oldest servers, maybe things that might help everyone on all servers.

Jeez im sorry. this is getting to be a wall of text. SO if
TL DR

Whats your server like, what do you like about it, and if any problems exists discuss them here in an open area.....

OK NOW TALK PLS b:thanks
Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
Who altered my siggy im
kinda scared b:shocked
Post edited by Anri_Rose - Archosaur on

Comments

• Morrzan - Sanctuary
    Morrzan - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sanctuary is awesome... except for the occasional unawesomeness.
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lost city is full of the usual, QQing because of "unfair" pvp, OP pvp...ect.

Server is pretty active (haven't noticed a decline)

and so far there are some pretty interesting 20mil 1v1 bets going on atm
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I agree with Morrzan. Sanctuary is awesome.

We have our ups and downs but that is expected as we are one of the oldest servers here. TW is once again starting to pick up the pace i just wish a couple of more factions would jump- up on the map(namely mine X3).

As far as PVP i do not know i dont do it too much as i am not a major pvp(plus i dont hold grudges to long,too many idiots in the world to bother with that).

We have an awesome high end game base lvl for all sorts of high dungeon runs. And for the most part Sanctuary's world chat isn't out of order(yetb:sin)

Hope someone can elebrate on the Pvp part X3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    HT is kinda boring right now. Only time I log on is for BH and CS. The map is all blue(Enrage) and it looks like it is gonna stay that way. PK wise, it sucks. Gold price is 900-950k. We actually have quite a few people with full rank 9 sets +10ed-+12ed. And then the usual rabble of +3 rank 8.

So basically, I wish I had stayed on LC when I first started PWI.

Although I would miss my awesome trolling buddiesb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    HT is fail.... To many nubs with more money than me running around with R9 one hitting each other, or 2 hitting. PK scene is dead, and Enrage's epeen has officially struck every player in the face at least twiceb:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lost City is still amazing imo. tbh if I was on any other server I would have quit the game by now. World PvP still breaks out, though admittedly not as much anymore, and once you gear yourself up a bit its fairly even (not counting the sins who pop outta no where, but there are ways to counter that as well).

Havent seen much of a decline in population, but when I am out rpking its clear how much the current state of the game has affected the world map. When my very first char was leveling, there were people EVERYWHERE, and you had to be prepared to be pked 24/7. Now you have to search for what seems like forever to find enough people to even turn red. I even hit a 7x the other day who told me I was the first person to pk them... really? b:shocked

The world chat trolling has changed though, and its not as interesting anymore. Back when people like RedsRose used hundreds of teles a day world chat was fun as hell to watch and occasionally take part it, now there are very few people that are staples on it, and its like they are grasping for straws to waste teles, or using the same insults and QQing every day. I swear to god if I hear a certain fail barb call out another barb who used to be fail till he finally got good gear I'm gonna scream.

All in all, I love the server still, though I still wish that the Raging Tides expansion hadnt happened, since most of the people I played with or fought against have moved on because of different things that have come of it.

EDIT: Shoulda mentioned the TW scene like others did. Meh, Essence is taking it all, and its greatest rival falls apart every few months right when it looks like they might regain it. Most of Essence are just bandwagon riders and their general attitude as such puts a bad light on the guild. We have more than enough people that we could wipe Essence off the map if everyone banded together, but no one seems to want to. TW, while something I love, isnt even worth it right now if you arent in a few guilds, but thats how its been since CQ released the map anyways. Once people realized Essence had a hold, everyone left their guilds to join it, and now its a juggernaut. Hence why I stay in RedHawk (not to mention they are my family), so that I can have enjoyable PvP without getting facerolled in a TW by the freight train that is Essence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    HT is in a very great depression at endgame. imo...b:chuckle

TW Scene: Enrage owns the map, most TW factions have seen a decline in general stuff. Most, if not all, factions can be killed in 20 mins or so.

PK Scene: Nothing too special anymore, just a few wanderers and such. Majority of the PKers have Rank 8/9/Nirvana weapons now, so its basically whoever can make the most money to win, via merching or zen charging. Even then, nothing awesome happens, nothing worth for me going back to PKing at least.

World Chat: Daily QQing, of mass variety. From TW to even religion, the QQing is very healthy on HT. b:laugh

General Scene: Very typical and just....normal. Everyone logs and stuff, trying to make money, lvling another character, and doing BH. Apparently Barbs and BMs are hard to find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Although I would miss my awesome trolling buddiesb:sad

This is what you would find everywhere anyway if you was on RT, you cant escape it, as well as the insane amount of attention seekers that no body cares about, yet, the attention seekers think we do care about them, kinda funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've noticed a Decline on Sanctuary though. Lots of ragequitters, or people just leaving for other games.

At least our TW is interesting... Though, if it will stay that way, I do not know.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Havent seen much of a decline in population, but when I am out rpking its clear how much the current state of the game has affected the world map. When my very first char was leveling, there were people EVERYWHERE, and you had to be prepared to be pked 24/7. Now you have to search for what seems like forever to find enough people to even turn red. I even hit a 7x the other day who told me I was the first person to pk them... really? b:shocked

LC has never fully recovered from post ani-pack/tideborn expansion. For the first several months in 2010 it was practically a ghost town. The population has rebounded quite a bit, but it's still nowhere near what it used to be. Judging just by the amount of active guilds you see around, it's nowhere close to the population at it's peak. The real factor hiding this is that many older players are on their 3rd, 4th or more alts.

If you remember what HT or Silverpool, Secret Passage or West Gate was like in mid-2009, it's still empty by those standards.

Also, log into any alt, world chat something inane, insulting, perverse or whatever and see how many responses you get. A single preposterous random world chat used to get you so much blue spam it was ridiculous... it would make you want to log off.

I guess one good side effect is that you don't get people PMing you every 10 minutes trying to beg money or try to get you to let them "borrow your mount for a few minutes".

The population looks higher because so many people have multiple alts logged in at the same time as well as cat shops it gives the appearance of being busy when in fact you can look around and see 'that guy' who has 2-3 accounts logged and is afk.

Right now, I'm still playing a little. The other game I'm playing is close to a hard wipe so there's not much point playing there.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Trolling Tide is epic.

PK still happens and recently has been more and more frequent.

TW is pretty interesting, some of our TWs last 2 hours or even longer.

Lots of QQers tho, but I think that's universal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Trolling Tide is epic.

PK still happens and recently has been more and more frequent.

TW is pretty interesting, some of our TWs last 2 hours or even longer.

Lots of QQers tho, but I think that's universal.

^this

I usually take part in PK and TW, and both have been oddly active recently. No idea why, but they have.

btw Rawrgh, you repair your comp yet, or you still watching TW vids to keep up? :P
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dreamweaver is A-ok. Random mount parades in arch, drama on WC. Only complaint I have is that whenever I get on my alt, bh79/89 squads are forming so I switch back and they're all full. b:surrender

Not sure how the pk scene is, since I don't pk. Nor am I up to date on tw, since I dont join factions. After the Calamity break-up the tw map became more colorful though C:
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Actually I have seen declines of people leaving left and right off hands from this game, and so far its very very true about half or some of the people on this server leaving and gaining other newer people from other countries, so as far as the QQing thing going on...people need to use a newer word other then a QQing that is not a word.

in other words people saying QQing need to stop sucking on baby bottles and realize the fact about this server and beyond of to what is actually really wrong with this server.

also never fix a server that is already broken I would not even advise the genesis update!! if they the staffs of this server cannot pull up the high roller of payment to actually use that money to fix everything on this server instead of worrying about less money they will have left.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sanctuary server
    PK is dead for the most part. there are the few regular PKers, darting in and out of SZ looking for someone, anyone. You go to the usual PK spots, on a good day there will be a few people. Most likely they're AFK in Sz. Sometimes, on very rare occasion, there are mini wars. Usually when a TW faction decides to target another competing faction, then action can get high(by our current server standards, still moderate by pvp server standards).
    The most disappointing thing about the state of pvp in this server is that its only more or less common to see assassins in pk. Which, I feel, is a big reason why PK, not only on my server but also in the entire game, has declined. This shows many people only dare go in PK mode when they have the absolute advantage playing a class with a gigantic edge over the rest in pvp. I find this funny.
    I feel it has also deterred people from trying pk, specially those of squishier classes. Which is sad, if you want to pk, do it with the class you love most and learn to live with the sins, they not going away any time soon, just brush it off, laugh and keep on having fun.

On TW, Im pleased to say it has been getting more competitive, as Vorgen stated before. Some more new factions I've never even heard of have been jumping in recently.

As for WC, I can't say much. I usually have it off. :)

Generally, I'd say the server is fine. It was the friendliest and most welcoming of all the servers I've been on, and thats why I stayed here

I love Sanctuary b:heart
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sanctuary server
    PK is dead for the most part. there are the few regular PKers, darting in and out of SZ looking for someone, anyone. You go to the usual PK spots, on a good day there will be a few people. Most likely they're AFK in Sz. Sometimes, on very rare occasion, there are mini wars. Usually when a TW faction decides to target another competing faction, then action can get high(by our current server standards, still moderate by pvp server standards).
    The most disappointing thing about the state of pvp in this server is that its only more or less common to see assassins in pk. Which, I feel, is a big reason why PK, not only on my server but also in the entire game, has declined. This shows many people only dare go in PK mode when they have the absolute advantage playing a class with a gigantic edge over the rest in pvp. I find this funny.
    I feel it has also deterred people from trying pk, specially those of squishier classes. Which is sad, if you want to pk, do it with the class you love most and learn to live with the sins, they not going away any time soon, just brush it off, laugh and keep on having fun.

On TW, Im pleased to say it has been getting more competitive, as Vorgen stated before. Some more new factions I've never even heard of have been jumping in recently.

As for WC, I can't say much. I usually have it off. :)

Generally, I'd say the server is fine. It was the friendliest and most welcoming of all the servers I've been on, and thats why I stayed here

I love Sanctuary b:heart

Assassins are specifically built to Assassinate. Go in, rip the poor buggers spine out, and get out. Ninja the entire way. They're PVP OP, just that easy.

And with the 5.0 fever, they can rule PVE pretty easily. Why should you squad to do FCC if you can solo it yourself 5X a day? Stealth, run past the mobs, GANK the door guards, stealth, rinse & repeat, kill the bosses. No need to put up with a cleric who doesn't want to BB, a Barb who can't AOE, a BM that can't HF, a Veno that won't Amp, a Wiz that refuses to use BIDS, etc.

So really, just looking at Sin, why would you want to play any other class? Except they're squishy and leveling them isn't nearly as easy as a Veno, BM, or Archer in the lower levels. They can be beastly in the higher levels... But I've seen Eyes of the Krimson Beyond nuke a 101 sin before.

So really, Sins unbalanced the game. Not so much for TW.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    HL is HL.

Meaning we're totally weird still, ya.

Anyway, Zulu will own the map in a few weeks after they wipe Crimson off the map. Then the real fun begins. b:chuckle

Open map PVP is...I dunno. Mostly seems to be characterized by a couple Crimson getting killed then the entire army showing up and ganking everyone. Or at least that's what I see in guild chat and hear in vent all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wow First off thank you all, this is such a great response and im glad I had the guts to finally post this thread. Ive been wondering for a while what the other servers were like, but with out making a character on each this was the easiest way.
    I have this strange feeling taht as i read everyones posts, its like some of the servers are much better off then others.

I guess since I havent seen anyone from mine Ill fill in for that.

What I see in Archo is, just sad really. Like someone else said, many players here are on their 3rd or 4th alt by now. Other players cant find the help they need to get some important cultis done, not just low lvls but some higher ones as well. In fact Archo is starting to look like the lease populated server by what im hearing here. Perhaps more players will come with Genesis , and this would be very helpful in the long run. But as it stands now I fear Archo doesnt have the player base to continue.

As far as PVP is , Its not my place to say. I used to see many red named players around , even if they were just stoppping by in archo. But lately I see fewer and fewer, I dunno if those players are just on alts, or are they gone for good.
    Those who do PK are the normal high end geared players, and those who want to pvp for fun.
    TW is prolly our best feature right now. A constant power vacume and the constant shuffling of high lvl players has left a lot of lil factions with time to play amongst themselves , keeping at least this aspect of the game fresh and I feel its still lots of fun if you got the time to do it .

Also I would like to say that , Ive been talking to and meeting alot of players who like me, want to start to work together for common goals, ya know the regular, BH , TT and such, I think this is a good sign that maybe our player base is starting to open up and work together, WE also have a damn fun and very comedic WC that isnt usually cluttered with too much drama, most of which is in itself just meant for laughs, So I can say I love the people on Archo they rock most of all ^_^

Gold is high atm, but that could just be due to a shortage of sellers on the market right now.
    Overall If Archosaur just digs its heels in we can prolly hold out and see if things get better in the long run.

Again I want to thank you guys, wow this was so amazing and I hope anyone thinking of jumping into this game or maybe shuffling to a new server for a bit of fun will read what you guys have said here and be able to see good choices for themselves.
    b:thanksb:thanksb:bye
    Who altered my siggy im
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lost city is full of the usual, QQing because of "unfair" pvp, OP pvp...ect.

and so far there are some pretty interesting 20mil 1v1 bets going on atm

and you still play, ******
    god, go kill yourself
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'm having a ball on LC. Pvp with a sin became a little too easy mode tho so I'm in the process of rolling an archer.

There is still the "QQ pvp is unbalanced" whining that frequents every corridor of LC. Oddly enough, it reminds me of that one friend you take out to a party, and no matter how crazy fun that party is, that person will always say "this is lameee, is there anything else to do?!"
  • reebokedge
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Personally, I'm having a ball on LC. Pvp with a sin became a little too easy mode tho so I'm in the process of rolling an archer.

There is still the "QQ pvp is unbalanced" whining that frequents every corridor of LC. Oddly enough, it reminds me of that one friend you take out to a party, and no matter how crazy fun that party is, that person will always say "this is lameee, is there anything else to do?!"

you imply you actually go outside, let alone get invited out.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    reebokedge wrote: »
    you imply you actually go outside, let alone get invited out.

yes, that was implied.
  • reebokedge
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yes, that was implied.

WOW
    I was expecting you to be like
    "LOL NO I ALWAYZ PARTIE I ALWAS DRUNKZ AND STUFF"
    WOW...

I...just....wow.

Humble Respect from....me?
    wtf?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    WOW
    I was expecting you to be like
    "LOL NO I ALWAYZ PARTIE I ALWAS DRUNKZ AND STUFF"
    WOW...

I...just....wow.

Humble Respect from....me?
    wtf?
    Going on the forums of a game you don't even play to troll, you must be the life of the party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • reebokedge
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Going on the forums of a game you don't even play to troll, you must be the life of the party.

Chill out DarkSniper, I think I've racked up loads of credibility to be entitled to come online and **** the forum off every now and then
    I'm just online for a bit longer because I don't have any morning plans for tomorrow
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Chill out DarkSniper, I think I've racked up loads of credibility to be entitled to come online and **** the forum off every now and then
    I'm just online for a bit longer because I don't have any morning plans for tomorrow

erm who are you...?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you can claim you've "racked up credibility" in an online community, you REALLY must be the life of the party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And this^ fellow forum go'ers, is the state of our forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And this^ fellow forum go'ers, is the state of our forums.

lmao your right Shattered, but thanks you guys who answered so well and fast at least the first few pages were helpful to many and I got to learn a few more names here on the forums :)
    Who altered my siggy im
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Assassins are specifically built to Assassinate. Go in, rip the poor buggers spine out, and get out. Ninja the entire way. They're PVP OP, just that easy.

And with the 5.0 fever, they can rule PVE pretty easily. Why should you squad to do FCC if you can solo it yourself 5X a day? Stealth, run past the mobs, GANK the door guards, stealth, rinse & repeat, kill the bosses. No need to put up with a cleric who doesn't want to BB, a Barb who can't AOE, a BM that can't HF, a Veno that won't Amp, a Wiz that refuses to use BIDS, etc.

So really, just looking at Sin, why would you want to play any other class? Except they're squishy and leveling them isn't nearly as easy as a Veno, BM, or Archer in the lower levels. They can be beastly in the higher levels... But I've seen Eyes of the Krimson Beyond nuke a 101 sin before.

So really, Sins unbalanced the game. Not so much for TW.

I appreciate you taking a few lines from my overview of the state of Sanctuary's pvp and turning them into fodder for your rant.

Really, I do.

Otherwise, this thread has been fun to read :)
    Nice to see some things are still alive and people are still enjoying the game

but where the hell is representative from Harshlands >:O I dont believe we've heard from them.

Edit: Nvm looked it over..one lonely Harshlands poster :o