another QQ duelling rule?

2»

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hate when people tell me I can't heal or run. I'm a freaking cleric, I have like no phys defense whatsoever, you just want to beat up on me than say lol. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Even though i dont like the -real- pvp side of PW i do envy the people on pvp servers that actually play they class to an extent that they survive without the actual use of pots/apoth and other non-skill related items.

On the other side i do NOT, i repeat, do NOT envy the people standing around in a safezone or *cough*silverpool*cough* and pretend to be PVPing with the use of these silly rules.
    If you knew your class like your pretending to do you wouldn't need those rules but have enough confidence in your own skills and know-how to win.. or lose a fair fight trying.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm sorry, I don't think that there are any rules.

There is no such thing as a fair fight.

I'm going to use every resource I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If someone invites me for a duel i use everything i have. Only rule is try to win.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    all is fair in love and warb:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't like duels.
    Things i've been QQ'd at for using in duels.
    -Distance shrink (Because thats running)
    -Iron heart (Because thats cheating)
    -Undine ( I dont know =/ )
    -Sutra
    -Plumeshell
    -Force of will
    -Soporific Whisper
    -Kiting (No i'm not going to stand right beside you if you're a melee class x.x')
    So remember in duels its stand still beside each other and just like um...hit each other really fast!

Things I've got accused of
    "DAMN BLADE TEMPEST"

and
    "LOL U NO 17K GUSH NONCRIT" ME JAWCRUSHER
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    On one duel, barb sparked and archer said something like "cheater" and I was like "O.o since when is duels no sparking allowed?"

More to the question why do people " need " to spark in duels, tis not like you have to bypass a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    More to the question why do people " need " to spark in duels, tis not like you have to bypass a charm.

To megapwn them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    QQ at duels is something I can't understand at all. QQ at PK - all right (that's why I'm on pve serv), but at duels? Noone forces you to duel, it's just for fun, you can't gain anything and loose anything other than what you're (willingly) using up yourself.

As for the rules, I treat duels with strangers as all-out or use-what-you-want things. Just a way to test your playstyle and see if it's enough or do you need any additional perks (like: maybe I should start using apoth after all...?)

What I like best and find the greatest fun, are the just-for-fun duels I can have with my friends, that have nothing in common with real pvp. Things like arcane-class fist or bow-fights, tiger-vs-fox duels, and, above all pokemon pet fights (no petheal, of course). Or any other riddiculus rules we can come up with. The more riddiculus, the more crazy, the more fun b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I pay absolutely no attention to rules, in either duels or pk.

Even if someone lists the rules they want me to follow, they will be ignored.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Keirya - Raging Tide
    Keirya - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh my god these so called "rules" tick me off. I can't tell you how many times ive been QQd at for using: soulburn, soul of vengeance, soul of retaliation, soul of stunning (if i dont want to use retaliation -.-), for stunning with earth vector, for using soul of silence, the list is endless! Its a skill, **** and deal with it. I run away from you in a duel...well duh im not going to stand right no top of a bm, barb, or other melee class so you can kill me in 2-3 shots. It's common sense. Ive been QQd at on my veno for using bramble guard/hood. If its a skill and you have it, use it. Same with pots. the point of a duel is to WIN not stand there and be a one shot. Ive gotten to the point where I don't random duel. I'll duel with friends for fun, but thats about it. There are so many QQers on RT its ridiculous. *makes note of random WC drama about QQme and Vicious last night*
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I dont understand why people assume there should be rules in the first place when you duel o.o Even more weird is assuming others should follow nonsense rules.

Duels are suppose to be as close as possible to open pvp fights, meaning you should use anything you feel necessary to win. Pots, crab meats, genies, full buffs, attack charms, pvp-pots, defense charm etc etc is all fine if you wanna waste it over a duel. If people have a problem with it and start bishing they can go duel someone else.

Whats the point of duels if you cant go all out and have to restrict yourself? If you dont even use genie skills and hp pots in a duel, the fight will be over in like 5 sec and what did u learn from that...nothing <.<
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol little bishes these days dont wnt to learn there class they just wnt to get an even bigger ego boost to their allrdy planet size ego's my one and only rule for dueling is "go all out or die ****"b:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So I was in nirvana and cleric dc'ed, waiting for the new one to come. And duelled some to pass time. On one duel, barb sparked and archer said something like "cheater" and I was like "O.o since when is duels no sparking allowed?" I seemed to be the only one not to know sparking was forbidden in duels lol

Is this some new rule that is generally accepted, or was I just in squad with some weirdos?

The pvp-server ppl must be choking on the ground laughing from reading this. Honestly, I don't duel much cause they invent more and more stupid rules like the no healing, no genies, no kiting b:shutup But no sparking, that really surprised me.

worse than this is the new PK ing rules. one must not use skills when pk ing. also please let the person know before you attack so they can be prepared. attacking afk people is not allowed. especially if you tick away all of their charm.

but i had not heard of the no sparking rule before. soon it will be forbidden in pk too.
    the good Starr
  • MasterOfHell - Dreamweaver
    MasterOfHell - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i wonder whats the punishment for breaking a duel QQ rule?

let me guess... an extreme amount of QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ's

in your chat box...
    download to claim you play,
    play a god forsaken amount to win,
    pay to cheat legally.
  • Keirya - Raging Tide
    Keirya - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i wonder whats the punishment for breaking a duel QQ rule?

let me guess... an extreme amount of QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ's

in your chat box...

The best ones do it in three different chats. World, Whisper, and Common b:chuckle
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I myself think anything is fair game in a duel with the exception of potions. People whine about the genie but that actually balances the game.

Otherwise

-Assassin wins... why? Because he or she used stealth came out stunned you then ate all your HP.

-Cleric wins! Why? Because sleep goes through anything and you have no way to defend yourself when they triple spark and hit you

so yeah I think any skill or genie skill in duel is fair game for the same of balance.