Lol you're not gonna like this

Comments

• CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    *sigh*

i hope that typing this thread out was some form of consolation in lieu of actually having your wish fulfilled.

I am systems engineer and i have a lot of programming time in. being a programmer, i see example after example of small little functional things that are lame and easily could have been written better.

IMO, the chinese are really second rate programmers. if they can mimic something to sell or w/e they can do it, but new ground...they have some learning to do.

example? first time you call veno pet and switch to manual pet control. the little button blinks wrong. doesnt affect gameplay, but it is wrong..just another detail they didnt sweat.

we wont even get going on the rubberbanding, which to me is unacceptable, and i would be calling people onto the carpet about that **** if i was the boss.

so i appreciate what you DO get for free. btw,,it's killing me but NO ZEN TILL RUBBERBANDLESS!

money talks. talk with your money.

if i dont like your ****, you aren't getting my money. simple
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    For Cheetah: While it is true that I posted partially for a quick assessment non related to pw, the post itself is still based upon something that I would like to see to bring some fun back into the game for people like myself that have played for 2+ years now and found a dead end not solely based on content but the way it is used and developed.

It's a sad day when the game is less entertaining than the forum which less than half of the overall community/player base even uses or knows exists.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The boss could randomly rubber band itself across a distance over 10 meters.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Heres a suggestion (which is actually a feature from another game honestly b:surrender)

Boss's have amped version of class skills :P. Its a pain in the butt tbh.

1.) Bosses have can buff themselves to get like 1000% evasion....or to such an extent that all your accuracy based atks miss.

2.) Boss continously spawns mobs (with a good amount of HP/etc) that attack the entire squad. This would literally force people to start Zhening/AoEing the boss continuously. This should be irrespective of whether u can kill all the mobs in a single AoE <.< (unlike the nirvana fox boss)

3.) Squad boss anyone? Basically the boss is actually a squad of bosses with a cleric, tank, DDs, etc which support each other and themselves. This would be like if you attack the tank, the cleric boss will start healing, if you AOE, squad heals. While the DD bosses AoE and atk you, go into stealth, etc. Just imagine...it would be like fighting GMs :P.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sig1043a wrote: »
    Another simple fix to APS would be short duration physical (melee/ranged) damage reflect buffs that last maybe 10s and repeat every 30s. Non-dispell-able if the devs are feeling particularly evol.

Lol this idea is something that is rumored to happen for Genisis (?) talks of reflect being on bosses, gimping teh effectiveness and actually *le gasp* making 5 APSers use skills again.
    Want another idea? How about bosses that will insta-kill everyone within 50m if the dps exceeds a certain level, forcing the players to monitor and limit the damage output.

I kind of like this one though the mathmatics to calc how much is TOO much and what happens when you bring in HF + Amp +Extreme Poision into the equation makes me a bit nervous. You don't want fights lasting too long especially in the pain in the butt bosses like TT3-2/3-3.
    Another idea? Randomly teleport people to a previous room, forcing them to run back to the boss fight.

I'd rage if this was mostly randoming on clerics. Make us exempt? pweese? D:
    Another one? Long term stun or massive slow (aoe or single) whenever the boss has aggro stolen. Basically would have to let the barb build up aggro and would force other players to limit their dps so as to not steal aggro.

Not that this is exactly the same thing, but sometimes Steelation will do a stun after drop aggro then proceed to 5APS people. The behavior is randomized, so I do'nt know if you'd recommend a certain "timer" if you will on this particular mechanic. And again need to calculate "how much is too much" :P
    Yet another? Have a boss do an AoE every x number of damage hits taken, meaning slower big hits are much better than faster small hits. Or instead of an aoe, have the boss do a godly buff on itself that makes it invincible for a while or makes it go into a death frenzy, basically wiping out the group.

This would suck-most TT bosses fell like they go into god mode anyways XD. Actually this random frenzy was a major problem when TT was first tweaked and GBA boss would still go into frenzy even after kill count.
    More? How about a boss that goes into stealth and everyone looses the target and then the boss has a chance to randomly assassinate a target followed up with a big aoe, forcing players to spread out so that the entire group does not wipe.

b:shocked I dun wanna be killed by a 2-3 mil HP sin QQ
    The list goes on...and these are just boss changes. Could do a number of things player-wise to limit APS, such as adding a fatigue bar.

>__> this may be a perfect world, but you can not honestly tell me anyone physically possible of punching that fast wouldn't at some point get tired. Which a "fatigue bar" would have less QQ storms and nasty connotations than a cooldown on triple spark. (or more Im not sure lol)
    Heres a suggestion (which is actually a feature from another game honestly b:surrender)

Boss's have amped version of class skills :P. Its a pain in the butt tbh.

1.) Bosses have can buff themselves to get like 1000% evasion....or to such an extent that all your accuracy based atks miss.

2.) Boss continously spawns mobs (with a good amount of HP/etc) that attack the entire squad. This would literally force people to start Zhening/AoEing the boss continuously. This should be irrespective of whether u can kill all the mobs in a single AoE <.< (unlike the nirvana fox boss)

3.) Squad boss anyone? Basically the boss is actually a squad of bosses with a cleric, tank, DDs, etc which support each other and themselves. This would be like if you attack the tank, the cleric boss will start healing, if you AOE, squad heals. While the DD bosses AoE and atk you, go into stealth, etc. Just imagine...it would be like fighting GMs :P.

We already have TW's oh waiiiiittt- b:shutup

On a serious note, to answer some of your points 1) most people pack tangling mire on their genies now a days. So would it turn into a huge miss fest? XD 2)The continuous spawn reminds me of Genasic Blink and his little earth minions though if youre not careful the Decreased Earth resist kills. And you dont really wanna zhen on that guy (tried and it didnt look pretty lol)

3)And yeah you wonder when you hear of these "generals" "priests" etc in the story line that have gone bad yet you never fight them. Probably for a very good reason. I'd love to see PWI's AI be that intelligent but we'll see. :O
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    On a serious note, to answer some of your points 1) most people pack tangling mire on their genies now a days. So would it turn into a huge miss fest? XD Basically forces you to take some magic DDs in squad as well? win-win for both aps and casters?
    2)The continuous spawn reminds me of Genasic Blink and his little earth minions though if youre not careful the Decreased Earth resist kills. And you dont really wanna zhen on that guy (tried and it didnt look pretty lol) Thats the whole point....It is to make things difficult so that you cant go on a simple spark macro

3)And yeah you wonder when you hear of these "generals" "priests" etc in the story line that have gone bad yet you never fight them. Probably for a very good reason. I'd love to see PWI's AI be that intelligent but we'll see. :O
    Well countering your own class skills against stuff with millions of HP would require more than 5.0 aps and a spark macro. Heck make the cleric boss physical immune from time to time just to **** the squad off. However the rewards to defeating this squad boss/boss squad would make it worthwhile...how about a random drop from level 8 tome/chest with 200 raptures/chest with 400 uncannies/100 mils in coin/etc.

responses in green
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Bah, I dont like that idea. They already increased the difficulty of NV bosses and interval people still find a way pass it. I totally disagree with making the bosses even harder just because PWE has made some dumb decisions that hurt class balance in this game.

If anything, they need to just nerf aps, and adjust anni packs.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I kind of like this one though the mathmatics to calc how much is TOO much and what happens when you bring in HF + Amp +Extreme Poision into the equation makes me a bit nervous. You don't want fights lasting too long especially in the pain in the butt bosses like TT3-2/3-3.

This is probably the main reason people should take a second look before nerfing APS characters' ability to DD. Slower squads don't succeed in TT because the longer fights last, the more likely bosses are going to pull some random *** combo, and the more likely your party will make a mistake. It's only a matter of time before Steelation AOE stuns the squad and then go 5.0 afterwards, it's only a matter of time before Emperor Occult Ices your cleric, it's only a matter of time before someone dies to Armageddon and the boss gets buffed etc etc.

Seriously, while there is an imbalance, the focus should be to change these bosses to make every class useful, not to make APS tanks useless. The real issue is that casters are not useful in instances and don't get invited to squads. I don't think anyone would disagree with me if I say that what we all want is for a squad of melee and ranged characters to be able to farm TT quickly and efficiently together.

Making APS tanks useless is not solving this issue. Making bosses kite solves nothing, casters still deal the same amount of damage to the bosses while fights last longer with the modified 3-x bosses getting more chances to **** your squad. Giving bosses bramble is down right ****. Whoever suggested that has obviously never entered 3-x TT. In short, prolonging a boss fight is not helping anyone. Cease the retardation in that direction please.

Making bosses spawn mobs or fighting a squad of bosses with different abilities is more interesting because it still allows your APS DDs to do their job, while the casters have a new role to perform which makes them useful. See a distinction between the **** ideas and the better ideas?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Normally I'd break it down and reply to all but I'm a tad short on time atm b:quiet

For Elena: lol sarcasm, sometimes it's hard to tell if you're laughing or ticked behind that monitor.

For Qu
    i: The idea wasn't so much to make aps tanks useless in that form, but to make it so that the general aps only rtards felt that the casters were catching up in damage thus making them at least more desirable in a squad.

For Elviron: I loved idea #3, the game in my sig implements that style of boss fight quite frequently where sometimes it's a boss with multiple skills, sometimes it's 2 bosses with different aspects like range + melee group to cause some trouble.

For Jay
    : The issue is less based on the bosses becoming harder, a boss moving a few meters away doesn't increase the difficulty in most cases, just makes everyone shift. IMO Tt needs to be left alone, it's already gone to **** difficulty wise, any adjustments to it would well.. it's already broken beyond repair so nvm.
    For the nirvana change, the same can be applied to anything, 2-3 people use their brains and figure out how to do something, then the rest of the sheep follow.

Wouldn't mind seeing some seriously bad *** WB;s though with substantial drops for the effort. Large factions pretty much roll in and take everything at resets, why not hand them something difficulty appropriate to that +12 easy mode gear. After all, when something is hard your options are to become a better player, or to CS your way to victory, I hope you know which one usually wins out..
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This is probably the main reason people should take a second look before nerfing APS characters' ability to DD. Slower squads don't succeed in TT because the longer fights last, the more likely bosses are going to pull some random *** combo, and the more likely your party will make a mistake. It's only a matter of time before Steelation AOE stuns the squad and then go 5.0 afterwards, it's only a matter of time before Emperor Occult Ices your cleric, it's only a matter of time before someone dies to Armageddon and the boss gets buffed etc etc.

Seriously, while there is an imbalance, the focus should be to change these bosses to make every class useful, not to make APS tanks useless. The real issue is that casters are not useful in instances and don't get invited to squads. I don't think anyone would disagree with me if I say that what we all want is for a squad of melee and ranged characters to be able to farm TT quickly and efficiently together.

Making APS tanks useless is not solving this issue. Making bosses kite solves nothing, casters still deal the same amount of damage to the bosses while fights last longer with the modified 3-x bosses getting more chances to **** your squad. Giving bosses bramble is down right ****. Whoever suggested that has obviously never entered 3-x TT. In short, prolonging a boss fight is not helping anyone. Cease the retardation in that direction please.

Making bosses spawn mobs or fighting a squad of bosses with different abilities is more interesting because it still allows your APS DDs to do their job, while the casters have a new role to perform which makes them useful. See a distinction between the **** ideas and the better ideas?

So just letting 5APS afk auto attack is not ****, but forcing them to use actual strategy (and *gasp* maybe even use some skills) is?

Not gonna comment on how you can't seem to overcome a boss with bramble. But if your argument is that bosses need to be killed quickly (hence you see no other way around that other than 5APS) and we are already proposing changes to boss strategy to make all classes appealing, dontcha think that maybe, just maybe, lowering boss HP and/or difficulty is an option as well? After all, with increased strategy comes increased difficulty. It would certainly warrant some sacrifices on the bosses' parts, be it lower HP, DPS, or removal of some skills.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    How many of the important 3-x bosses can be afked on? Coredash? Illusion Nemen? Djinnscream? Important? On none of the bosses that are actually any good can you have anyone AFK, think PWI solved that already.

I didn't say I wouldn't be able to overcome a boss with Bramble, I said prolonging a boss fight is ****. Lowering boss HP and difficulty could be an idea, if someone in this thread actually realized the necessity of it. In no where did I read a proposition to make the current bosses less impossible without an APS squad in this thread. All I saw were ways to nerf APS tanks, without any consideration to how you would actually succeed in 3-x TT without APS DDs to take the bosses down quickly.

So yes, have a Steelation that kites, self Brambles, in addition to 5.0, AOE stun, hp debuff, sleep, physical AOE, and random aggro DoT. That would solve everything. No? It wouldn't? That's what these people need to realize that they are clamoring about.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    or 120 mill for a 5 aps char to farm on in vana....less...than...a...herc

(expect 3-4 times that cost to solo tt...and on that note gonna go make some $)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    seriously we don't nee nerves that make 5aps pointless we need something to stop them abusing this

2sins 2bms...30seconds - 1minute per boss?
    full 5aps squads are even faster especially in nv
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    seriously we don't nee nerves that make 5aps pointless we need something to stop them abusing this

You're against 6 people making a squad and doing a squad instance????? Maybe if the vid was a sin soloing it with full buffs..... b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    You're against 6 people making a squad and doing a squad instance????? Maybe if the vid was a sin soloing it with full buffs..... b:bye

when was the last time you did full 3-3? after the nerf? was it "fun"?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Do you have any idea what kind of gear those guys have? If bosses can't die quickly with people using that kind of gear, then they'll never die if you try to run with people with average gear.

I think the aim should be focused on making the bosses die as quickly when attacked by caster-type DDs with +10-12 weapons as well.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Do you have any idea what kind of gear those guys have? If bosses can't die quickly with people using that kind of gear, then they'll never die if you try to run with people with average gear.

I think the aim should be focused on making the bosses die as quickly when attacked by caster-type DDs with +10-12 weapons as well.

thats the point...

heavy csed 5aps squads are mostly unaffected by tt nerfs...b:beatup
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    when was the last time you did full 3-3? after the nerf? was it "fun"?

About a week ago I did 4 in a row and it was pretty fun. :D
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    About a week ago I did 4 in a row and it was pretty fun. :D

what was your squad? b:laugh
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    what was your squad? b:laugh

2 BMs, 1 sin (me), barb, cleric, veno. b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Wylo - Raging Tide
    Wylo - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    im sorry if this is a noob idea but what if the bosses had a possible buff to get more physical defence with a side effect of reducing magical defence? kinda like the BM thingy (sorry i don't know BM skill names) APS Classes would have a harder time dealing damage and benefit from having some casters in the squad. Its not a perfect idea i know, because barbs would have a harder time keeping aggro, but thats why i said a buff and not a perminant thing xD that way the physical defence will revert back to its origional number after maybe 15secs or so..

it has its problems i know....b:surrender
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ^You mean Alter Marrow Physical.

Personally I'd like it if a boss would self-buff according to how much damage its taken within a period of time...like:

Boss X has a base HP of 5,000,000

>If it drops down to 3,600,000 HP within 3 minutes of being aggroed= Bramble Guard self-buff .

>>If it's HP drops below 3,000,000 within 4+ minutes of being aggroed = Physical Immunity self-buff or constantly casts Decreased Attack Rate debuff on the party.

At the very least it'll require APS classes to bring a veno to Purge the boss' buffs, and in the case of the other casters they could take advantage of the boss' immunity or the decreased APS of the rest of the party (being purified by either clerics/sage psy's bubble)...

EDIT: After reading Quilue's post, perhaps the boss could suffer from Distract (when Brambling itself) or Mind Break (with immunity buff) too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • annmarie1013
    annmarie1013 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    How many of the important 3-x bosses can be afked on? Coredash? Illusion Nemen? Djinnscream? Important? On none of the bosses that are actually any good can you have anyone AFK, think PWI solved that already.

I didn't say I wouldn't be able to overcome a boss with Bramble, I said prolonging a boss fight is ****. Lowering boss HP and difficulty could be an idea, if someone in this thread actually realized the necessity of it. In no where did I read a proposition to make the current bosses less impossible without an APS squad in this thread. All I saw were ways to nerf APS tanks, without any consideration to how you would actually succeed in 3-x TT without APS DDs to take the bosses down quickly.

So yes, have a Steelation that kites, self Brambles, in addition to 5.0, AOE stun, hp debuff, sleep, physical AOE, and random aggro DoT. That would solve everything. No? It wouldn't? That's what these people need to realize that they are clamoring about.

If it is true that the bosses in question can only be reasonably accomplished with aps builds, then obviously the difficulty and hp would need to be considered when balancing the game. I guess the question is if the PWI devs even think aps is unbalanced. Could be the bosses were designed with APS in mind. At the very least, armor and weapons were implemented with aps in mind.

I would hope that if PWI realizes that APS builds are OP when compared to other builds and if they make an attempt to balance the game a bit, they won't leave out considerations such as how long it takes to kill a boss post-balancing.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    again...its... pve

make....a...farming...alt

less...than...a...+10...weapon (you know what any caster would require to be taken seriously)

i'm even useing small words for you people
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Wylo - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    again...its... pve

make....a...farming...alt

less...than...a...+10...weapon (you know what any caster would require to be taken seriously)

i'm even useing small words for you people

Ok, if this was the other way around and it was the caster classes that where "APS standard" and you had your BM or Sin or whatever, would you really want to start over just so you could be "acceptable" for a squad?

If your answer is yes then your either lying or you have too much time on your hands, not everyone has the time to get an alt char up to that level just for farming, nor do they want to.

FYI I can actually understand you, there...is...no...need.....to...do.....this....
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    so...was I supposed to dislike...

the idea behind your post?
    the wall of text?
    or the lack of grammar/spelling?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Ok, if this was the other way around and it was the caster classes that where "APS standard" and you had your BM or Sin or whatever, would you really want to start over just so you could be "acceptable" for a squad?

If your answer is yes then your either lying or you have too much time on your hands, not everyone has the time to get an alt char up to that level just for farming, nor do they want to.

FYI I can actually understand you, there...is...no...need.....to...do.....this....

My main is a sage barb 1.0, I'm not even a DD standard, got all my tt99 full set at 23k hp now and that's before my sin came around. I don't have problems finding squads and I don't have problems getting what I want. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Wylo - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    My main is a sage barb 1.0, I'm not even a DD standard, got all my tt99 full set at 23k hp now and that's before my sin came around. I don't have problems finding squads and I don't have problems getting what I want. b:bye

Ok that's fair enough, but what about all the people (caster classes) who are having a hard time finding squads and can't really get what they want? And don't want to start over for the reasons I mentioned before?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Ok that's fair enough, but what about all the people (caster classes) who are having a hard time finding squads and can't really get what they want? And don't want to start over for the reasons I mentioned before?

Learn to NETWORK with people. People that 1. Know their classes and how to use ALL their skills (and no charging zen isn't a skill) get squads 2. If you have number 1, people will notice and you will make friends; I dunno about you but I never snub friends from runs just due to class.

I did 1 and 2 made lots of friends, and now can always find people for w/e runs I might need (even if I shun going on my sin). Am I daring to say it's as easy as if I jumped on my 5.0 sin to make a squad...no...but 99% of you on this forum make it seem like if it was a life/death situation to find a squad you would be dead.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Wylo - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Learn to NETWORK with people. People that 1. Know their classes and how to use ALL their skills (and no charging zen isn't a skill) get squads 2. If you have number 1, people will notice and you will make friends; I dunno about you but I never snub friends from runs just due to class.

I did 1 and 2 made lots of friends, and now can always find people for w/e runs I might need (even if I shun going on my sin). Am I daring to say it's as easy as if I jumped on my 5.0 sin to make a squad...no...but 99% of you on this forum make it seem like if it was a life/death situation to find a squad you would be dead.

I did 1 and 2 as well, but then i became a VERY casual player, then things changed and the people i knew stopped playing. I've only got myself to blame for that though. I agree 100% that zen is not a skill, only times i really used zen where for fashion, a mount and wings (which make me look like an aeroplane D:). Finally, no i wouldn't not add someone to a squad or friend list someone just because of their class, That would be rather harsh.

But there are people out there that are like that, which is why my questions popped up, thank you for your opinion though, if i annoyed you or anyone i didn't mean to, i tend to not use forums much (aside from the obsessive reading about mystics...b:surrender) so i don't really know how it goes lol.

also the life/death thing made me laugh xD.