Veno 100 skills? A joke?

Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Why is it that these skills are so underpowered and useless? A 20 mil+ skill should atleast do some damage, i was really hoping to use a skill besides venom, iron, and lucky. I wouldnt even mind them making it Pve only... In this condition these skills are damn worthless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfuo6QOMhKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW8B_-fMHAQ
Post edited by Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That's sad! It seems like they didn't even test the damage on the skills. This makes me think if I should bother getting clerics lv100 attack..
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    By rule of thumb, all 100 skills suck tbh. I think bm has a good one, the psy's defintly do, and the archers have an okay one.

But I'd say 75% of the suck
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why is it that these skills are so underpowered and useless? A 20 mil+ skill should atleast do some damage, i was really hoping to use a skill besides venom, iron, and lucky. I wouldnt even mind them making it Pve only... In this condition these skills are damn worthless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfuo6QOMhKY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW8B_-fMHAQ

how long do the debuffs last?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    how long do the debuffs last?

this. if these skills last longer than 3-5 seconds, you have no reason to complain. 10 second reduction in attack speed (channeling with the other) puts that class out of commision effectively, especially the APS classes
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    this. if these skills last longer than 3-5 seconds, you have no reason to complain. 10 second reduction in attack speed (channeling with the other) puts that class out of commision effectively, especially the APS classes

30seconds like elemental invocation would be nice since they have the same 10minutes cooldown time...b:chuckle
    i think lv100 skills need some revamp and some corrections of the descriptions...b:angry
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    damage isn't any good, but the animations are kinda cool :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    By rule of thumb, all 100 skills suck tbh. I think bm has a good one, the psy's defintly do, and the archers have an okay one.

But I'd say 75% of the suck

barb gets a purge skill
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    barb gets a purge skill

So I think we're at like 5 actually worthwile 100 skills? lol

5/16 ftw b:victory

Thats 69% fail rate yo b:cute
  • number1karthus
    number1karthus Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    These are support and debuff skills, not damage skills.

An ideal skill to help Venomancers handle melee targets.
    Deals base damage to the target plus Wood damage equal to
    50% of caster's maximum HP. Petrifies the target, increasing
    physical defense by 200% and reducing physical attack rate by
    100% and critical hit rate by 300%. 100 percent accuracy.

So the more HP you have, the more damage you deal. But reducing physical attack rate by 100% and crit by 300%? That will shut down a BM or assassin any day of the week. If it lasts even 1/4th as long as Blood Vow, that's just ridiculously OP.

Then you get a caster-**** skill.

A Venomancer came across this magic paradox in a book stolen from some mage. Inflicts base
    damage plus physical damage 50% of caster's maximum mana and dazes the target.
    Dazed target's movement speed reduced by 70% and channel slows by 90%.

These are way more useful than BM skills, quit crying.
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    These are support and debuff skills, not damage skills.

An ideal skill to help Venomancers handle melee targets.
    Deals base damage to the target plus Wood damage equal to
    50% of caster's maximum HP. Petrifies the target, increasing
    physical defense by 200% and reducing physical attack rate by
    100% and critical hit rate by 300%. 100 percent accuracy.

So the more HP you have, the more damage you deal. But reducing physical attack rate by 100% and crit by 300%? That will shut down a BM or assassin any day of the week. If it lasts even 1/4th as long as Blood Vow, that's just ridiculously OP.

Then you get a caster-**** skill.

A Venomancer came across this magic paradox in a book stolen from some mage. Inflicts base
    damage plus physical damage 50% of caster's maximum mana and dazes the target.
    Dazed target's movement speed reduced by 70% and channel slows by 90%.

These are way more useful than BM skills, quit crying.

I think by crit it means accuracy...
    such as on demon or sage blood bath it says crit but means accuracy..
    I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It looks better than one of wizard 100 skill, which has lower damage then 1 sparked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So I think we're at like 5 actually worthwile 100 skills? lol

5/16 ftw b:victory

Thats 69% fail rate yo b:cute
    what about assisian lvl 100 skils blood frenzy 20% blood sucking b:dirty
    That's sad! It seems like they didn't even test the damage on the skills. This makes me think if I should bother getting clerics lv100 attack..
    cleric 100 is ok...one can heal and attack and a slight chance of sealing and cooldown is 5 seconds...but to tell you the truth its ****..i mean plume shot at lvl 9 is equivalent to that..sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    what about assisian lvl 100 skils blood frenzy 20% blood sucking b:dirty

cleric 100 is ok...one can heal and attack and a slight chance of sealing and cooldown is 5 seconds...but to tell you the truth its ****..i mean plume shot at lvl 9 is equivalent to that..sad

Both of the lvl 100 Cleric skills can be extremely useful if you are creative in how you use them.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Both of the lvl 100 Cleric skills can be extremely useful if you are creative in how you use them.

go on

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Like many already said, most lvl 100 skills are pure ****. Archer ones are nice and well worth the money - its skills you be using on a daily basis. Same for barb purge skill and Psychic one seems amazing. Wizard, Bm and Veno ones i feel are mostly in-game as coin sinks. I heard cleric ones are ok, but not sure.

As for veno 100+ skills, they aren't for dmg, its curses reducing attack speed or channeling. Not useless but i never pay 20-30 mil for it. Doesn't seem to fit majority of venos playstyle. They use amp as main curse in pvp or Soul Degeneration if sage. That wont stack with lvl 100 skills. Than they chain immune skills while kiting/nuking/stunning and having the nix peck and bleed lol. So if the bm hits 3.33 or not doesn't really seems to matter in the first place since the fox wont receive any dmg. The lvl 100 skills also gives your enemy 200% extra defense against nix bleed yay.

Wizards already need like 30 minutes to cast one skills, so dunno if they even notice a 90% reduction b:chuckle.

I want something better than that if i cashed out 20-30 mil for a skill + did the dreadful never ending 100+ culti and wasted 4 mil spirit. People can just spark that shiet of anyway at the same time as they get rid of bleed. The skills also have 10 min cooldown so not like you can use it again after they purify it <.< I dont know a single veno that has both lvl 100 skills and thinks its amazing.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As ^Tiger said, if your a psy... the 100 skill absolutely destroys kids. Some psy in my guild with +7 r8 wep unsparked crit a cashshoped bm for 20k+ with no marrows.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As ^Tiger said, if your a psy... the 100 skill absolutely destroys kids. Some psy in my guild with +7 r8 wep unsparked crit a cashshoped bm for 20k+ with no marrows.

That's why I'm hauling my butt through 100 culti so I can use itb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    get the book: 39mil
    learn the skill: 4mil spirit+3mil coin
    watch 6 meteors for every mob in delta fall and hit them, the ground to crash and smoke rising everywhere: priceless
  • IAmNoodle - Lost City
    IAmNoodle - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2011

ya one debuffs their medal def by 50%? i think i dnot have that one but i have been told it is nice when your 1 v 1 someone...

the other one seals, turtles, and freezes a target for 15 seconds.... true they cant really die but it cant be knocked off them like sleep.. and its better then the freeze skill clerics have because they cant attack...

so i use it more times then i can count in pvp and some in pve when sleep is on cooldown...
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    30seconds like elemental invocation would be nice since they have the same 5minutes cooldown time...b:chuckle
    i think lv100 skills need some revamp and some corrections of the descriptions...b:angry
    Like many already said, most lvl 100 skills are pure ****. Archer ones are nice and well worth the money - its skills you be using on a daily basis. Same for barb purge skill and Psychic one seems amazing. Wizard, Bm and Veno ones i feel are mostly in-game as coin sinks. I heard cleric ones are ok, but not sure.

As for veno 100+ skills, they aren't for dmg, its curses reducing attack speed or channeling. Not useless but i never pay 20-30 mil for it. Doesn't seem to fit majority of venos playstyle. They use amp as main curse in pvp or Soul Degeneration if sage. That wont stack with lvl 100 skills. Than they chain immune skills while kiting/nuking/stunning and having the nix peck and bleed lol. So if the bm hits 3.33 or not doesn't really seems to matter in the first place since the fox wont receive any dmg. The lvl 100 skills also gives your enemy 200% extra defense against nix bleed yay.

Wizards already need like 30 minutes to cast one skills, so dunno if they even notice a 90% reduction b:chuckle.

I want something better than that if i cashed out 20-30 mil for a skill + did the dreadful never ending 100+ culti and wasted 4 mil spirit. People can just spark that shiet of anyway at the same time as they get rid of bleed. The skills also have 5 min cooldown so not like you can use it again after they purify it <.< I dont know a single veno that has both lvl 100 skills and thinks its amazing.

there, fixed. the duration is around 10 seconds btw b:bye
    Retired b:bye
  • Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
    Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    there, fixed. the duration is around 10 seconds btw b:bye

Even better : /

The endgame of this game is really lacking...
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So, what i read from all this, you say endgame is really lacking on alot of departments.

Then if you factor in Hypers, Oracles, Rank, etc etc etc etc, what people have been talking/discussing/QQ-ing about.

Making lvl 1-100 basically non-existant, or extremely easy to do without lifting a finger...except 2 pick your nose.

PvP being completely off balance now.

What kind of a conclusion does that lead you 2, other then..the ingame mechanics are completely screwed up or better yet, broken?

Just my opinion
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I was getting ready to complain with the OP about nerfed skills but then I read the description.

90% reduced casting speed....

You really didn't see how that could be useful? D:
    It's not all in damage when it comes to skills. In fact, On a skill with that effect I'd consider any damage a bonus.

And us archers get a debuff thingy called blood vow as a 100 skill. Reduces hp of caster and target and deals metal damage, amplifying the damage the target takes. I think thats the description, but I'm going off of my memory here.

The other is called awaken and recharges all 3 sparks instantly. But it has like a 15 minute cooldown or something like that. Which makes it pretty..inconvenient, if not useless.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I was getting ready to complain with the OP about nerfed skills but then I read the description.

90% reduced casting speed....

You really didn't see how that could be useful? D:
    It's not all in damage when it comes to skills. In fact, On a skill with that effect I'd consider any damage a bonus.

And us archers get a debuff thingy called blood vow as a 100 skill. Reduces hp of caster and target and deals metal damage, amplifying the damage the target takes. I think thats the description, but I'm going off of my memory here.

The other is called awaken and recharges all 3 sparks instantly. But it has like a 15 minute cooldown or something like that. Which makes it pretty..inconvenient, if not useless.

i can imagine a sin/bm 3sparking after fossiled curse - having 100%(200%?)increased pdef & mdef(look at the video) from fossiled curse...b:shutup

arcane antinomy how does -90% work making 1sec->1.9sec for 10seconds not that much of help imo i'd prefer having some hard hitting physical damage skill in human form
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As for veno 100+ skills, they aren't for dmg, its curses reducing attack speed or channeling. Not useless but i never pay 20-30 mil for it. Doesn't seem to fit majority of venos playstyle.

Then I imagine most venos do not know how to play their class very well.

Oh, I mean, 100 skills are just so totally worthless. And, I so very much want you to be selling your chrono pages for cheap, please!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I haven't seen anyone get the veno skills, but cleric 100 skills are actually amazing. For those of you clerics not even lvl 100, stop posting about it until you've seen it seriously.

God's Seal places a turtle on your opponent, but also a seal and freeze, making them unable to attack for 15s. This makes them the perfect Barrage target. Stick this onto a cleric healing a cat barb and that's one less cleric to worry about. Cat clerics can get incredibly resilient during combat with a combination of their defensive skills, giving them time to heal the barb for that much longer. God Seal is like a fool proof **** to your target cleric. No amount of gear, defense, genie skills, whatever, can stop it. Best of all, the skills has a 30s cooldown and the 30m casting range is longer than that of a cleric's other spells. You can't even purify that thing off.

Elven Boon: What you don't seem to understand is that this is the fastest channeling cleric nuke, and it has a 5s cooldown. At 0.5s chan with -chan gears, this attack can come out faster than a ranged physical attack. Use this when kiting for quick damage, chip away at someone before using a bigger nuke to bypass charm, use in succession with Cyclone at a fleeing opponent, whatever. I'm sure you can find some way to use a fast channeling nuke like this. The only thing bad about Boon is its mana cost.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Awesome debuffs that can be purify'd, they must be useless b:chuckle b:avoid
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    30seconds like elemental invocation would be nice since they have the same 10minutes cooldown time...b:chuckle

That's more harder than creating new expansion i think . . b:shocked
    sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...