TW dead?

2»

Comments

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    TW is dead on Lost City:

Essence is too strong
    This is partially to blame. All of the best-geared people in PWI are in a single faction called Essence. However, with enough simultaneous attacks, even the strongest faction cannot defend 4 lands at once against 4 other strong factions.

Partly true. Whilst essence does have many well geared players, its not like there aren't enough well geared players to oppose them. Its just that every other well geared player out there has huge ego issues to the point where they believe they are invincible tanks in TW.

Its not that the rest of the server is without the gear, its simply the ones who have it dont know the meaning of teamwork.
    Factions are not allowed to work together when bidding. Otherwise, the leaders will be banned
    Again, the GM(s) that came up with this stupid idea should be fired and blacklisted from ever being near a computer again. b:chuckle

Again its been said, Essence only needs to be able to defend 3 wars. If everyone attacks one of their lands maybe 4. But in the case of the latter its very very unlikely that 3 guilds requiring anything more than 1 or 2 parties from Essence will be in the same time slot.

TW is dead on Lost City:
    Factions are not allowed to work together when bidding. Otherwise, the leaders will be banned
    Again, the GM(s) that came up with this stupid idea should be fired and blacklisted from ever being near a computer again. b:chuckle

There is no such rule. I dont know where you got that. Factions are not allowed to fake bid. Meaning they must attend the TW they bidded on. Otherwise, yes they do get banned.
    TW is dead on Lost City:

Taking over a territory gives you 150 mirages
    And this, right here, is the single biggest reason nobody wants to TW. PWE broke the game, and the GMs and devs don't care enough to fix it. TW is dead primarily for this reason.

Yes, Essence is strong, but the other three issues above absolutely guarantee that the map will be 100% Essence and nobody else will have the power or the desire to take it away.

Good job, PWE. You fail at thinking ahead and listening to your customers.

Yes no incentive to take the map. You have to build towers, buy charms, etc. Mirages dont even cover 1/3rd of a Platinum charm cost with todays gold rates.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There is no such rule. I dont know where you got that. Factions are not allowed to fake bid. Meaning they must attend the TW they bidded on. Otherwise, yes they do get banned.
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Alliances

Alliances are allowed in Territory Wars provided they are not bidding on each other others Territories.

Alliances cannot fund directly or indirectly another faction to protect one of its own territories or that of their alliance members.

You are correct. I don't know where I got that either... Stupid memory. b:surrender
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    TW is dead on Lost City:

Essence is too strong
    This is partially to blame. All of the best-geared people in PWI are in a single faction called Essence. However, with enough simultaneous attacks, even the strongest faction cannot defend 4 lands at once against 4 other strong factions.

Any TW bid where the attacker "can't win" is a "fake bid" and the leader will be banned
    If I were the head of PWE, I would make it my first priority to fire the idiotic GM(s) who came up with this bright idea. Apparently these individuals do not understand the concept of cooperating with other factions to take down the strongest faction.

Taking over a territory gives you 150 mirages
    And this, right here, is the single biggest reason nobody wants to TW. PWE broke the game, and the GMs and devs don't care enough to fix it. TW is dead primarily for this reason.

Yes, Essence is strong, but the other three issues above absolutely guarantee that the map will be 100% Essence and nobody else will have the power or the desire to take it away.

Good job, PWE. You fail at thinking ahead and listening to your customers.

I guess people these days do not understand bidding mechanics of TW since there's so little action.

NO faction EVER has to defend 4 lands at once, because only 3 wars can go on simultaneously for a single faction (ie 8:00, 8:03, 8:06), the other time slots (8:09, 8:12, etc) will go to other faction lands
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tw payment:
    territory owning facs want coins for charms/towers scrolls as rewards
    - free teleport & ability to craft special pots
    - where do atking factions without territory get that money from? grind dq?
    - if there is no tw/no expences why should anyone get payment then
    - without tw coin payment nobody wants to do tw because its not worth
    with coin payment nobody wants to do tw because they won't have the coins, pots and members of a territory owning faction

multiple attacks:
    people telling just to tripple attack
    - average faction can only get ~40people into tw(even harder for international factions when tw are at f.e. 5am)
    - defending is easier than attacking
    - you might not get the tw time you wanted
    - 3min probably enought for crystal walk & having bm&sins sparkmacro at the crystal

->tw is not worth participating, owning the map doesn't mean anything because nobody cares

what to do?
    increase tw limit according to the number of territories?
    let people choose the time for tw?
    tw pay from coins which were spent on 50% of the bids/towers/catascrolls?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • SiNick - Dreamweaver
    SiNick - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sounds just likje calamity was on dreamweaver but as soon as word got out all there members left for a new faction every single one of their lands were bidded on the next week...factions need to just take the risk to bid if all their lands got bidded on im sure they would be overwhelmed and lost some of them
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sounds just likje calamity was on dreamweaver but as soon as word got out all there members left for a new faction every single one of their lands were bidded on the next week...factions need to just take the risk to bid if all their lands got bidded on im sure they would be overwhelmed and lost some of them

Uhh I'm pretty sure Calamity disbanded because of faction drama and a lot of its members went over to Regenesis. The only reason a bajillion factions bid on Cala was because they knew it had disbanded so why not take free land?
  • jawson666
    jawson666 Posts: 11
    edited January 2011
    i agree with him we need to do something about it man!!
  • BleuConQueso - Lost City
    BleuConQueso - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    why not just let Essence take the map and see what they do with it. Dosent matter either way at this point. All everyone is doing is prolonging the inevitable.
  • Deaths_Devil - Raging Tide
    Deaths_Devil - Raging Tide Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    why not just let Essence take the map and see what they do with it. Dosent matter either way at this point. All everyone is doing is prolonging the inevitable.

cuz they will mot disband that is what Elayne said
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Do people actually still think that chunk of mirages + 1 rank9 badge is a lot of coins that makes everyone in Essence rich? Split among 80-120 ppl its next to nothing.

Besides the fact that you can teleport wherever you want once every hour, dont have to buy Ironguard Powder from the greedy catshop in 1k (or ask your friend in Essence to craft for u) and have like a 1-3% higher chance of doing mirage refines, the map is not worth much really. Just let Essence have all the lands lol, why bother TW unless devs actually change the system. Im pretty surprised people still fight over the map when charms are over 3 mil each and winners get 150 mirages.

In most videgames (even F2P), when you have a sieges/wars/whatever similar to TW in Perfect World, there is usually a pretty nice reward in the end like special guild buffs, items to improve gear, money, gems or whatnot. Even a loosing teams/guilds might get a reward for even participating. Here you get nothing at all, you just have to spend a day farming coins to afford pots + charms to even enter a war.

I really hope Essence wont hand out the map after they grab all land - unless a majority of their members wants it. But its basically throwing away billions of coins and hours they invested in TW.

It also creates annoying rumor about automatic map-resets and i refuse to explain/argue with delusional morons about that. About 50% of the server thinks GMs re-set the map b/c CQ "won" all lands and they think GM will do it again. If Essence keeps all land, the newbies will finally stop blabbering about map-resets b:infuriated
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Do people actually still think that chunk of mirages + 1 rank9 badge is a lot of coins that makes everyone in Essence rich? Split among 80-120 ppl its next to nothing.

Besides the fact that you can teleport wherever you want once every hour, dont have to buy Ironguard Powder from the greedy catshop in 1k (or ask your friend in Essence to craft for u) and have like a 1-3% higher chance of doing mirage refines, the map is not worth much really. Just let Essence have all the lands lol, why bother TW unless devs actually change the system. Im pretty surprised people still fight over the map when charms are over 3 mil each and winners get 150 mirages.

In most videgames (even F2P), when you have a sieges/wars/whatever similar to TW in Perfect World, there is usually a pretty nice reward in the end like special guild buffs, items to improve gear, money, gems or whatnot. Even a loosing teams/guilds might get a reward for even participating. Here you get nothing at all, you just have to spend a day farming coins to afford pots + charms to even enter a war.

I really hope Essence wont hand out the map after they grab all land - unless a majority of their members wants it. But its basically throwing away billions of coins and hours they invested in TW.

It also creates annoying rumor about automatic map-resets and i refuse to explain/argue with delusional morons about that. About 50% of the server thinks GMs re-set the map b/c CQ "won" all lands and they think GM will do it again. If Essence keeps all land, the newbies will finally stop blabbering about map-resets b:infuriated
    The reward for me was the territory wars tbh :P I didn't care about having to farm for a charm and some pots every week because territory wars was fun. I'm hoping maybe essence will do what they did with that old territory and let the smaller factions play for one :p A sanctuary land lol
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    The reward for me was the territory wars tbh :P I didn't care about having to farm for a charm and some pots every week because territory wars was fun. I'm hoping maybe essence will do what they did with that old territory and let the smaller factions play for one :p A sanctuary land lol

not many people think like you...b:thanks

most just QQ about charmprice...

since you can manage to get a charm i wonder why they can't...
  • Anerion - Lost City
    Anerion - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sooner or later something will happen and some land will be taken by some other guild. Shouldn't we focus on a guild so we can get some that live longer than a few weeks before worry'n about the map?
    What is so wrong with grinding your way to the top?

Play'n since 2009-10-24
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    Trelmanor - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree with those that say let them take the map... no one is gonna stop it anyway and those that try are just wasting guild resources.

Until all the massive egos of all the 10x players not in Essence decide to put aside thier differences and work together to fight the Essence juggernaut nothing is going to change when it comes to TW.

I also agree that to a large extent the reward for TW is the war itself. I would glady burn an entire charm for a decent war.. win or lose...but I will not even attend the farce that is most TW's now. Guilds can't even get 80 people out to fight a divided essence guild defending 3 wars at one time. How the hell can you expect to beat them that way.

maybe a small amount of new life will be breathed back into TW with the new expansion as there will be new maps and a few other goodies but after a while, unless there are other guilds that take the time to get themselves organized, it will only be somewhat exciting for a few weeks then the QQ will start all over again.

And... if as they have said... Essence will not disband and let map reset then eventually they will get bored and see members leave for other guilds or games and it will becoe the inevitable.

So let them take it and enjoy thier victory for as long as they want... in the meantime quit whining and prepare yourself for the day that other guilds can compete.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lots of stuff.

QFT. Trel's got the right idea. Most people in the major factions TW for the fun of the war--not the measly territory rewards.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    QFT. Trel's got the right idea. Most people in the major factions TW for the fun of the war--not the measly territory rewards.

i'd say get rid of those who don't...
    another thing is when people join for bh and farming...

why not let them DONATE for those who burn their charms every weekend? b:surrender
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    not many people think like you...b:thanks

most just QQ about charmprice...

since you can manage to get a charm i wonder why they can't...

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND MEXICAN CHILDREN LATER
    asdsdsfga
  • Rathaman - Lost City
    Rathaman - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Essence combines allot of things that no other guild in Lot City has..
    Combines big cashopers, most of guild members +10 refines, experienced players in TW and most important thing..a TW strategy that came from CQ, but this time is perfected in Essence.
    80% of TW is strategy and 20% is gear wise.
    This is a fact...Lost city has allot of cashopers outside of Essence but really have no clue about TW and as some1 mentioned these ppl have a big idea of themselves.
    I have experienced both sides, bein for couple months in Essence and other guilds fightin them in tw, most guilds try to rpk in order to show that they have power and to justify their existence in server, Essence is more TW oriented (not sayin that they dont pk their kos).
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ya essence gets paid coin from elayne for TWing
    I've been told by at least 5 current essence ****
    don't bull****