TW dead?

Deaths_Devil - Raging Tide
Deaths_Devil - Raging Tide Posts: 70 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
ppl dont gone post bad things.

i think TW has died when CQ owned the map they disbanded and TW came back to live but when Essemce came it died again i hope when Essence gets the whole map they ar egoen disband again so it lives again
Post edited by Deaths_Devil - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I concur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i had a good question........

u all know CQ once won the whole map....

y does daikoku disban CQ after that? y didnt he just keep it n take all the money?
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i had a good question........

u all know CQ once won the whole map....

y does daikoku disban CQ after that? y didnt he just keep it n take all the money?

Because someone loaded up Boardwalk and Parkplace with 10 hotels and killed their game of monopoly.

Having nothing else to do, they chose to revive TW.
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What i want to know is why are PVE morons posting on our forum?

gtfo, k thanks.
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011

gtfo, k thanks.

You thought of the possibility we might have chars in lc?
    just sayin
  • Mt - Lost City
    Mt - Lost City Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm 100% sure that if essence successfully took the whole map like CQ, they will not disband to revive TW.
    That is so not Elayne >.>
    . . . . . .
  • Deaths_Devil - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    I'm 100% sure that if essence successfully took the whole map like CQ, they will not disband to revive TW.
    That is so not Elayne >.>

i think Elayne is not gone do that too but i hope so badly that she would do that

or all the high lvls should go in one faction and try to kick essense but!
    edited January 2011

gtfo, k thanks.

and that is what i mean by bad things!!
  • BleuConQueso - Lost City
    BleuConQueso - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    IMO

it is too late, Essence has had the map for enough time now that they have the resources to battle or to take back land as needed. They lose land, they take it back quickly.

The only way possible is for at least 7 strong factions to get enough resources to go to war against Essence at the same time, be able to bid on enough territory for at least a month and win the battles.

add a couple of medium sized factions to bid on territory as well to spread essence out and there might be a chance. To beat Essence you have to take a lot of land away really quickly. That requires ALOT of planning and shenanigans no one really wants to do.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    IMO

it is too late, Essence has had the map for enough time now that they have the resources to battle or to take back land as needed. They lose land, they take it back quickly.

The only way possible is for at least 7 strong factions to get enough resources to go to war against Essence at the same time, be able to bid on enough territory for at least a month and win the battles.

add a couple of medium sized factions to bid on territory as well to spread essence out and there might be a chance. To beat Essence you have to take a lot of land away really quickly. That requires ALOT of planning and shenanigans no one really wants to do.

you know we only need to defend 3 at a time right? b:chuckle
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you know we only need to defend 3 at a time right? b:chuckle

Well if the 3 are strong enough that could be bad b:chuckle Pokerface has a full 200 and lots of well geared players. Kamisama is still strong and calvin is making a faction to. (His minions usually follow and are good geared b:surrender) When i was in essence there was usually 90-100 players online when it was time to tw. To divide that into 3 wars would hurt. But maybe since elaynes been strict about tw more have logged in. b:cute
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well if the 3 are strong enough that could be bad b:chuckle Pokerface has a full 200 and lots of well geared players. Kamisama is still strong and calvin is making a faction to. (His minions usually follow and are good geared b:surrender) When i was in essence there was usually 90-100 players online when it was time to tw. To divide that into 3 wars would hurt. But maybe since elaynes been strict about tw more have logged in. b:cute

The problem is when you have 3 strong factions, and they don't get to attack during the same time slot because some weaker faction takes the place of one of them. So instead of a 3 hard attacks, you have 2 strong and 1 weak, and then the last strong gets to fight by themselves xD

I can't speak for other people in essence, but I go out of my way to make it to important fights, but I'm not going to switch my work schedule around and whatnot for some 5-10min TW. The harder the fight the more people will show up xD
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    3 factor guild essence kami farmerzb:dirty

lol calvin, ever the non-factor.
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • mushrooms13
    mushrooms13 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    TW is dead. Find something else to do. Period. End.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's been rumored that TW pay returns with the Genesis expansion. Nobody from the Chinese Genesis servers have said anything about it, so I honestly don't know.

However, I believe dropping the payout from 10 million coins per territory to 150 mirages was the death of competitive TW. Frankie submitted feedback to the devs that they effectively killed TW in PWI, but I have not seen any follow-up.

Here's hoping they bring the pay back. If they do, I think TW will become popular again.
  • angellicdeity
    edited January 2011

Pokerface may have numbers, and they do have some gears. But nearly all of them lack the teamwork and coordination to be anything more than a 10 minute TW. Pokerface may know how to PK, but PK is not the same as TW.

To put it bluntly, Kamisama is the only guild that has the teamwork and coordination to face Essence at the moment. Spectral is long gone.
  • Arania - Lost City
    Arania - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ZzZz, this has already been discussed hundreds of times. Essence is going to keep all the land once they acquire it. We all knew this. Kind of disappointing since TW is super fun when it's not a ten minute pwn. Whatever, though. PvP is just as fun.

Just don't get why this is being brought up when the only core guilds that have had the privilege of attending real territory wars are Kamisama and Essence as of late. TW has been dead to the majority of the server for a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dear everyone not in Essence....

You have lost the game, please delete your life.
    edited January 2011
    After kami got rolled in 10 minutes i have to say tw is dead. =/ Let's hope elayne decides to daikoku, because an all yellow map would be depressing. (I know elayne already said he wouldn't but maybe he'll decide the servers life is more important than mirages b:bye) Or maybe the expansion will come with a map reset xP
  • Tessiy - Raging Tide
    Tessiy - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In the next expansion, there'll be more Territory lands b:victory
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    TW died along with Calvins witty comebacks to anything.
    edited January 2011
    Dear everyone not in Essence....

You have lost the game, please delete your life.

ur right i will stand up to essence and wont back down!!!
    i wil join a faction and with them i will try to kick essence everyone that is wanna do that also tell me we form an alliance. The new Era awaitssb:angry
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    when the majority of the best geared players clings to a single faction there won't be any fun in tw...

actually YOU made your tws boring not pwi...

do yourself a favor and leave kami&essence...

make your own fac with a FEW friends and have fun again...

its up to you guys...b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    when the majority of the best geared players clings to a single faction there won't be any fun in tw...

actually YOU made your tws boring not pwi...

do yourself a favor and leave kami&essence...

make your own fac with a FEW friends and have fun again...

its up to you guys...b:bye

I'm pretty sure Spectral and Kami were strong enough. They just gave up. At least be honest with the facts.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ess just "cares" more, pretty sure no one cares in kami... well wait... some do, but most dont b:kiss

Game is way too boring, no pvp no nothing QQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • MiIlky - Lost City
    MiIlky - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Personally I just feel its all down to the leadership of the guilds.

Spectral were very strong untill Athran stopped playing and Dropzio destroyed the guild.

Kami were also a decent challenge to Essence (mainly because they merged the whole server) until their leaders started playing another ****ty game.

However much **** people talk about Elayne hes still an amazing leader and a really nice guy.
    edited January 2011
    I do like elayne. I don't like 1 colored maps x.x'
  • angellicdeity
    edited January 2011
    Ess just "cares" more, pretty sure no one cares in kami... well wait... some do, but most dont b:kiss

Game is way too boring, no pvp no nothing QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

The irony.... Last I checked TW was about flower picking?

Anyways the fall of guilds are attributed to their leadership:

1) Shinzoko and GZ
    2) Un-named and various RPK guilds
    3) Spectral and Wadzio

That and... guild drama ensues when everyone stays in their own cliques (Kami's #1 problem today). It doesn't help the guild if all you ever do is make your best 6 characters stronger. Thats the real difference between Kami and Essence today.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    TW is dead on Lost City:

Essence is too strong
    This is partially to blame. All of the best-geared people in PWI are in a single faction called Essence. However, with enough simultaneous attacks, even the strongest faction cannot defend 4 lands at once against 4 other strong factions.

Any TW bid where the attacker "can't win" is a "fake bid" and the leader will be banned
    If I were the head of PWE, I would make it my first priority to fire the idiotic GM(s) who came up with this bright idea. Apparently these individuals do not understand the concept of cooperating with other factions to take down the strongest faction.

Factions are not allowed to work together when bidding. Otherwise, the leaders will be banned
    Again, the GM(s) that came up with this stupid idea should be fired and blacklisted from ever being near a computer again. b:chuckle

Taking over a territory gives you 150 mirages
    And this, right here, is the single biggest reason nobody wants to TW. PWE broke the game, and the GMs and devs don't care enough to fix it. TW is dead primarily for this reason.

Yes, Essence is strong, but the other three issues above absolutely guarantee that the map will be 100% Essence and nobody else will have the power or the desire to take it away.

Good job, PWE. You fail at thinking ahead and listening to your customers.