So... I'm going to enter the contest...

Kyna - Lost City
Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
edited January 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
I may tweak this a bit more before the contest deadline, but this is how it is now >.< I've never done any sound/video editing in my life and I had no clue how to work this program so... b:surrender I hope I did alright, I do acknowledge that I was a bit off at parts... which I shall try to fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usDmGxl7QwY

I would like some feedback. Unbiased feedback. Unlike some people I would actually like to make my second entry better than the first and I can take well-founded harsh criticism
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
rikaflare.deviantart.com
Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
... and a few losers....
Post edited by Kyna - Lost City on

Comments

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I may tweak this a bit more before the contest deadline, but this is how it is now >.< I've never done any sound/video editing in my life and I had no clue how to work this program so... b:surrender I hope I did alright, I do acknowledge that I was a bit off at parts... which I shall try to fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usDmGxl7QwY

I would, however, like some feedback.

I havn't seen any of the others but man that video was epicb:dirty
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I havn't seen any of the others but man that video was epicb:dirty

xD well thank you very much! I hope I did okay considering I had never even seen adobe premiere before trying to put this together... x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2011

xD well thank you very much! I hope I did okay considering I had never even seen adobe premiere before trying to put this together... x_x

You did wonderful, I after I watched yours I went to watch other ones and I still love yours the mostb:cute
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    YAY! Metal Gear Solid music ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kritical_x - Heavens Tear
    Kritical_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ;-; didnt finish watching was board through the first 30 seconds x___x sry just music wasnt up enough and effects overturned it, and yeah D: Timeing was waiii offffff Much love :) there is yur feedback
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Props on Sig to Starchief From Sanctuary :) Thnx
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    ;-; didnt finish watching was board through the first 30 seconds x___x sry just music wasnt up enough and effects overturned it, and yeah D:Timeing was waiii offffff Much love :) there is yur feedback

Still butthurt over my honest review of your video I see. ^^ By the way, your second entry was absolutely HORRID. That organ at the beginning? What the hell were you thinking? You could scare someone ****less if they just happened to have their volume turned up just a little too much.

xD I feel sorry for you.

By the way... thought I should point out your spelling errors for you. It's no wonder both of your entries are bad...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There are definitely parts of the score that can be lined up better with the video I think, especially in the battle scene. I haven't done anything like this either though.

But, actually, I thought the beginning was the best part. The soft/violin-esque music added a mysterious and smooth introduction that coupled very nicely with the sound effects already there. Specifically I loved hearing her footsteps so profoundly with the tune flowing by. This gives it a bit of depth I really appreciate. :3

Still butthurt over my honest review of your video I see. ^^ By the way, your second entry was absolutely HORRID. That organ at the beginning? What the hell were you thinking? You could scare someone ****less if they just happened to have their volume turned up just a little too much.

xD I feel sorry for you.

Edit: >__>;; Kyyynaaa don't bait him with equal nasties. Unless you want your thread to go way off course. <XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    There are definitely parts of the score that can be lined up better with the video I think, especially in the battle scene. I haven't done anything like this either though.

But, actually, I thought the beginning was the best part. The soft/violin-esque music added a mysterious and smooth introduction that coupled very nicely with the sound effects already there. Specifically I loved hearing her footsteps so profoundly with the tune flowing by. This gives it a bit of depth I really appreciate. :3

Edit: >__>;; Kyyynaaa don't bait him with equal nasties. Unless you want your thread to go way off course. <XD

Well thanks xD I plan on tweaking it more now that I know what I'm doing with that program kinda....

And what do I care about that guy xD I actually gave him a constructive comment last time, not only did he not even think over what I had to say and came out with an even worse entry than the first one, but I figured he'd be the type to be insulting of mine simply because I pointed out that his was definitely not up to par. :/ I mean using chart topping rock music? Really? pfff. There's a time and a place for that stuff and a fantasy mmorpg trailer isn't it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Well thanks xD I plan on tweaking it more now that I know what I'm doing with that program kinda....

And what do I care about that guy xD I actually gave him a constructive comment last time, not only did he not even think over what I had to say and came out with an even worse entry than the first one, but I figured he'd be the type to be insulting of mine simply because I pointed out that his was definitely not up to par. :/ I mean using chart topping rock music? Really? pfff. There's a time and a place for that stuff and a fantasy mmorpg trailer isn't it....

Sounds good! Looking forward to hearing it.

Yeah I noticed in the last thread. :3 I agree with your opinion on their video.
    But eh, I guess I just meant that being equally as nasty back at him(?) doesn't really serve any purpose besides to wound back and forth. (Especially if you think your words are going to go through one ear and out the other.)
    Though I suppose I do have the mindset that if one doesn't care about a person's opinion or insult then they should say "Hey yeah, whatever, thanks." and move along. Not everyone agrees with that though.

........Eh that sounded too much like a lecture. Scratch that, just wanted you to know what I meant. b:surrender Back on topic. YAY PERFECT WORLD MUSIC VIDEOS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Decent video. Could use some more action at the fighting scenes though.

As for you attacking other entries.. stop the ****.
    If you dont like it, just move on. That would be the mature thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Decent video. Could use some more action at the fighting scenes though.

As for you attacking other entries.. stop the ****.
    If you dont like it, just move on. That would be the mature thing to do.

I didn't attack it to begin with, I gave a good critique. Thanks for the comment though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    All in all, the soundtrack seemed more suited for an actual movie than a trailer. Couple things:

- Beginning music was a little slow, much like the original one. A trailer is suppose to capture a watcher's attention from the getgo, and it didn't really do it for me.

- Transition from the beginning music to the battle track was a little rough.

- Ending didn't have a great impact. Maybe if you increased the volume a little more, or timed it a little differently?

Then again I'm just basing it on types of trailers that I enjoy watching xD It was better than several other entries I've seen.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Are you people being rough on me simply because I seem like an unpleasant person?

*sigh* anyways, I don't plan on this being my only entry but after this I'll probably never mess with editing software again, it's really not my thing lol. I only took it up because I saw how bad some of the other entries were and figured I had a chance xD

Thanks for the feedback anyhow, I will be sure to try and fix the stuff I don't do well on the next entry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Are you people being rough on me simply because I seem like an unpleasant person?

*sigh* anyways, I don't plan on this being my only entry but after this I'll probably never mess with editing software again, it's really not my thing lol. I only took it up because I saw how bad some of the other entries were and figured I had a chance xD

Thanks for the feedback anyhow, I will be sure to try and fix the stuff I don't do well on the next entry.

You do give a tough appearance sometimes b:laugh

But no, I think it's just critiques on how to make something good, better. I'd think it's better that you're getting feedback - like Myralis commented, if it was really bad we wouldn't even bother saying anything b:bye
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    You do give a tough appearance sometimes b:laugh

But no, I think it's just critiques on how to make something good, better. I'd think it's better that you're getting feedback - like Myralis commented, if it was really bad we wouldn't even bother saying anything b:bye

xD I know, I was being slightly sarcastic. But yes, I shall take the advice and try to come out with a better trailer if I feel like messing with that darned program again x_x this was my first try ever at anything like this so I didn't expect it to be perfect at all. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hmmm honest opinions.
    The score was a lot better than some ive seen but it wasnt spectacular enough. in my opinion the beginning was just too slow with not enough musical accompaniment to the movements of her hands. it wasnt very captivatign to me but then im always one for Drama and i like the heavy strings and that was a littel insubstantial to me.

However great first try i cant even contemplate how to actually score music to videos im hopeless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    >_> for one... I don't get how my fight music wasn't epic enough...

I ripped it from Metal Gear Solid for christ's sake...>_> ijs lol. But yes, I will try to match it up better.

Edit: aww, and of course Kritical_x takes the bait and votes that it's bad xDDD further proving that he's unable to come up with an unbiased opinion. lol I may be mean but if someone I don't like does a much better job than I could at something I will at least admit it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    >_> for one... I don't get how my fight music wasn't epic enough...

I ripped it from Metal Gear Solid for christ's sake...>_> ijs lol. But yes, I will try to match it up better.

Edit: aww, and of course Kritical_x takes the bait and votes that it's bad xDDD further proving that he's unable to come up with an unbiased opinion. lol I may be mean but if someone I don't like does a much better job than I could at something I will at least admit it.

I thought you didn't care what he thought? b:shutup

And if Dorset listened to any of the other videos that had tracks from things like Dark Knight and ES Posthumus, I can see what she's saying. But even if the score you used isn't as "epic" I think it certainly still fits for this video. It's plenty intense.

Honestly some of the other scores I mentioned are overkill for this little trailor, though still good. I don't think it necessarily needs something that epically intense like ES Posthumus stuff. (I don't even really like the video that much, especially not the element monster's design.) But again that's just me. Really it all just depends on taste and how people personally view the video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I thought you didn't care what he thought? b:shutup

And if Dorset listened to any of the other videos that had tracks from things like Dark Knight and ES Posthumus, I can see what she's saying. But even if the score you used isn't as "epic" I think it certainly still fits for this video. It's plenty intense.

Honestly some of the other scores I mentioned are overkill for this little trailor, though still good. I don't think it necessarily needs something that epically intense like ES Posthumus stuff. (I don't even really like the video that much, especially not the element monster's design.) But again that's just me. Really it all just depends on taste and how people personally view the video.

When using the music I picked I simply didn't want to take all attention away from the trailer itself. I have a secret weapon now with the next trailer I make and OOOHHH I can't wait to play with it! That will more than likely be the last one I do.

and I don't care what he thinks >_> in the end the judges will decide. I'm just mean and have nothing else better to do while I wait to go out tonight than do some artwork and feed my sadistic side by beating on an easy target.

Which surprises me a little, I'm generally nice and civil to people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

When using the music I picked I simply didn't want to take all attention away from the trailer itself.

This. That's what I feel many of the entries are doing. b:victory

And now you have me all eager for your next score! *yaaay*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    This. That's what I feel many of the entries are doing. b:victory

And now you have me all eager for your next score! *yaaay*

Well thank you for not totally disregarding my credibility simply because my attitude at times is excessively vicious. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Well thank you for not totally disregarding my credibility simply because my attitude at times is excessively vicious. lol

LOL well if I did that I'd have to disregard myself and 90% of the planet as well at times. b:pleased So you're welcome.

((Oh and I feel like I should mention, I'm insanitywithapencil on deviantart by the way. I like your arts as well. :P Heheh.))

Edit: *points down* LOLtrollbait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • ruffian7
    ruffian7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    **** much?
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I really like your vid Kyna, i really like the music in it. however the ending could use something more dramatic to make it memorable. the middle kinda reminds me of the first narnia movie during the battle scene b:laugh

Anyways, good over all :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well, the starting music actually brought a lil smile to my face of *damn good piece of music* to go with the starting scene, when the second piece started off with the battle, it was good, but i would of definitely of faded it out and faded in some other action track as it really died down the fighting scene i think with not enough of a beat to the scene which i think overall let it down.

I'd like to point out that kyna you really need to stop being a nut case and basically saying that just about everyone's entry is **** with really bad music, at the end of the day, non of this is "skill", its simply a "who has heard and remember the best music names" that can fit into the video, ill say grats to you for thinking of 2 good music pieces, but you seriously need to lay off the insults especially on kritical, as after all you started it with the stupidly harsh feedback on his first video as far as i saw (or prove me wrong and show who did), if your gonna give feed back, say what they did wrong, how they could improve it and leave it as that, not throw your insults saying how insanely bad it is like a baby tossing its toys out of the pram...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'd like to point out that kyna you really need to stop being a nut case and basically saying that just about everyone's entry is **** with really bad music, at the end of the day, non of this is "skill", its simply a "who has heard and remember the best music names" that can fit into the video, ill say grats to you for thinking of 2 good music pieces, but you seriously need to lay off the insults especially on kritical, as after all you started it with the stupidly harsh feedback on his first video as far as i saw (or prove me wrong and show who did), if your gonna give feed back, say what they did wrong, how they could improve it and leave it as that, not throw your insults saying how insanely bad it is like a baby tossing its toys out of the pram...

QFT.
    I did enjoy your video, but it left me wanting a little more and left a lot to be desired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I thought it was good, I really liked the music in the beginning. Somewhere after 1:51 it seems to lose a little something though, not sure what :/

on a side note, does everyone have to be flamey today? v.v seems its just a bad day for moods.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    on a side note, does everyone have to be flamey today? v.v seems its just a bad day for moods.

Many of the entries are lacking, and some are outright ****. Though I agree there's no sense in being overly venomous about it.
    This one's quite acceptable - Kyna already has my thoughts on it via DA.

And to completely derail the topic:
    Does anyone else find a striking similarity between MGS 2 and Broken Arrow (scroll forward to 3:25)? I know MGS isn't Zimmer's work, but the idea of him doing a game score gives me an eargasm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    QFT.
    I did enjoy your video, but it left me wanting a little more and left a lot to be desired.

I'm working on a second entry now that I have something awesome in store for it. And before I put it out there I just want to clear it up that I didn't know what this was before this contest. Sometimes it's not just knowing a better music score like someone here already said, sometimes it's looking for it.

I thought it was good, I really liked the music in the beginning. Somewhere after 1:51 it seems to lose a little something though, not sure what :/

I was in a bit of a bad mood, being reminded why I hate people... you give them advice and instead of taking it they go off and cry about it . . . all over you. Because for some reason they refuse to come to terms with the fact that the person that gave them the critique actually knows what they're talking about.

Many of the entries are lacking, and some are outright ****. Though I agree there's no sense in being overly venomous about it.
    This one's quite acceptable - Kyna already has my thoughts on it via DA.

And to completely derail the topic:
    Does anyone else find a striking similarity between MGS 2 and Broken Arrow (scroll forward to 3:25)? I know MGS isn't Zimmer's work, but the idea of him doing a game score gives me an eargasm.

I think he did do a game score >_> correct me if I'm wrong but I think one of the Call of Duty games has something from him... I really can't remember, it was some war fps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    ruffian7 wrote: »
    **** much?

What'cha gonna do? Cry about it? That would make me happy.
    I really like your vid Kyna, i really like the music in it. however the ending could use something more dramatic to make it memorable. the middle kinda reminds me of the first narnia movie during the battle scene b:laugh

Anyways, good over all :3

Thanks ^^
    Well, the starting music actually brought a lil smile to my face of *damn good piece of music* to go with the starting scene, when the second piece started off with the battle, it was good, but i would of definitely of faded it out and faded in some other action track as it really died down the fighting scene i think with not enough of a beat to the scene which i think overall let it down.

Thanks for the video comment, but I could go without the lecture.

Some music I actually did look for thank you very much. And you know, when I commented on Kritical's first video, I gave my reasons WHY it wasn't up to par. the biggest reason being: Taking one generic rock song and playing it over video isn't going to impress anyone. I always explain. He obviously didn't take my advice when he came out with a second video that was even more horrible than the first and decided to mock mine, so he's going to pay for his poor decision. Had he not commented on my thread I would have never even commented on his second video even though I saw it before this. I'm sure he looks like idiot enough being the only person to vote "bad" on my poll. And he's shut up for now so I'm satisfied. Besides, if he's not tougher than a baby that's had it's toys thrown out he shouldn't be online. There be monsters on the interwebs.

Edit: okay, one of two now, probably a friend of his. Let's see if this person cares to come and competently explain why they thought my entry was bad. It probably only has something to do with my attitude and not the video itself.

And before anyone says "You think yours is the best bla bla bla." no, I don't think mine is the best, I just think it's better than bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....