A challenge

Options
SmackaSmurf - Heavens Tear
SmackaSmurf - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
first let me say one thing i have been around pwi for a long time so saying here we go.

first this is for all you people that say "its so eazy to make coin in game"
we all know the ones so heres my challenge

new account, new server, start a toon of your choise

become a first time player once more, limit your CS , grind like you all claim to do,

be real and be honest and then lets talk

put your money where your mouth is and lets see how many of you really make it work

i challenge you

ps yes im doing it here on this account so im putting my money where my mouth is will you
Post edited by SmackaSmurf - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    been there done that twice now once ona mage now an Archer

i win <3
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    People lie.
    /endthread
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    OP is too poor irl so he QQ's about people who spend money on a game.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    OP is too poor irl so he QQ's about people who spend money on a game.

Which is not something you should make fun of.
    Speaking as a player.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Which is not something you should make fun of.
    Speaking as a player.

except hes not making fun of the being poor, but the baseless QQing bred from pure jealousy and noobism and not substantial reasons, which yes, does warrant making fun of.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thats the most stupid(est) idea if I ever saw an stupid idea. Why would anyone need to prove something to you or anyone else for that matter. I don't walk up to Gates of Buffet and be like... I challenge you to start over with nothing in your pocket and see if you can re-make your billions.

If you are poor then find ways to make money. Stop trying to drag others down to your level.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Umm I already did that when I started over on HL, with no CS, and I have billion+. I win?
  • SmackaSmurf - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    chuckles* this a challenge nothing more

i made my money lived my life my way *shrugs*
    its not about QQ or whos rich or poor

i made a challenge to any that dare try, show me a QQ in there

dare i say maybe its a matter of pride and honor

im calling them out accecpt or not its your choise

as for you "winners" grats hats off to you

to be honest i meant today here and now not 4 or 6 months ago
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I cash shop.
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • threepointone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I cash shop.

Everyone now hates you for being able to fund yourself in a game.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I did this 1 1/2 years ago on Lost City. It took me a day to grind the first ~100k, the next day it was 200k (buy/sell Honey Juice), and within a week it was 1 million (again, Honey Juice).

By month 1 I was at about 5 million, and that's when the group that was supposed to all be playing together from level 1 on Lost City fell apart due to petty bickering, and the character got pretty much abandoned. I log in from time to time and make the occasional buy/sell order, so he's got ~325 Gold right now but is stuck at level 17 and never gets played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • SmackaSmurf - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    like i said im doing just to see how much is true and how much is QQ and whineing

and so far yeah id say its a lot harder now than 18 months ago, then it might just be me so im challenging anyone to try it and compare notes
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    like i said im doing just to see how much is true and how much is QQ and whineing

and so far yeah id say its a lot harder now than 18 months ago, then it might just be me so im challenging anyone to try it and compare notes

It's a lot harder now. You can't really make money off low or mid mats, or even anything but special herbs. You need to grind until you have a 100-200k and then merch. You start off slowly, but once you make your first mil, the next is so much easier.

And no, I'm not going to do it again. Have done it here and on HL. No desire to do it again.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i merchant but i started off charging about a 100$ to fund myself. QQ (kinda like how some famous rich guys sell their car first to get a lump sum of cash to start out with)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I really doubt it's any harder, considering that there's a lot more big sales these days, and that's where most merchant profits come from. A profit of ~2 million per day from a cat-shop is considered a slow day by today's standards, but back then it was considered insane profits.

That new character went from ~5 million to ~30 million in about a week thanks to a 50% off Battle Pet Pack sale, which back then was a very rare opportunity for a merchant. Yet there's a 50% off Battle Pet Pack sale happening right now and it's just a so-so merchant opportunity compared to the recent sales.

I'm going to pass on your challenge. The whole, "but you didn't do it in today's economy!" argument has been around since about 3 months after the game started, and there's been a never-ending supply of random people who have come to the forums and issued the same challenge again and again, and been met with yawns and disintest by all the "been there done that..." F2P veterans.

My feeling is that anybody who genuinely makes an effort to play-for-free will figure out how to succeed. But most players seem to get stuck in a mental rut of not thinking critically about what they're doing in the game, and thus they make little progress and assume they need to spend money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thats the most stupid(est) idea if I ever saw an stupid idea. Why would anyone need to prove something to you or anyone else for that matter. I don't walk up to Gates of Buffet and be like... I challenge you to start over with nothing in your pocket and see if you can re-make your billions.

If you are poor then find ways to make money. Stop trying to drag others down to your level.

I have seen and read stories of people who start from nothing and become wealthy with hard work and a strategy only to have some catastrophic tragedy wipe them into bankruptcy. Then these same people start over and get wealthy again. It's real humbling to see them do that. Last story I saw was on 60 minutes about the owner of the Dallas Cowboys football team a few weeks ago. Real humbling to see.

People who learn to earn wealth and lose it all are more likely to get wealthy again than someone who trying to become wealthy for the 1st time. Perhaps it's all about personality, education, passion, and a strong sense of belief in what one is dreaming that drives motivation.

Mesage to the OP of the thread: I think you're challenging the wrong people. Instead of challenging others you ought to be challenging yourself.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Imprison - Lost City
    Imprison - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    chuckles* this a challenge nothing more

i made my money lived my life my way *shrugs*
    its not about QQ or whos rich or poor

i made a challenge to any that dare try, show me a QQ in there

dare i say maybe its a matter of pride and honor

im calling them out accecpt or not its your choise

to be honest i meant today here and now not 4 or 6 months ago

Sounds like a poem... especially the first three lines
    where athran at b:sad
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

You challenge us to spend our time just to get a hats off from you?
    not interested, thx.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threepointone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sounds like a poem... especially the first three lines

QTF. Hhsfhsh.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ...so how did that work out for you?

And this thread is less than a month old so please don't say "NECRO!" because its not. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He challenged US, not himself.
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Current RL bank balence :

-
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He challenged US, not himself.

Did you take him up on that challenge? How was it if you did? I think he said he was doing it too...

Also, how the heck did you make a BILLION coins. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Took about a year. Counting all the gears + coins, it's in the 2.5 bil range. There are merchants with way more coins than I do tho.
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    OK THATS ***.

I put a pound sign and the entirety of my post disapears. FIX THE ****ING FILTER, ITS A ****ING WASTE OF TIME SINCE YOU MOD THE PLACE ANYWAY.

Grrr.

Bank balence :

minus eight pounds and 3 pence. Im overdrawn etc.

Current goal :

Full R9

Current state :

R8 at 1.67 APS (Cant farm really (Got a cleric for Nirvana tho... Il have to use that QQ))

Cash needed :

1.2 billion coin to gt to farm state and R9?

Challenge accepted, il Necro the thread when im done b:victory
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    OK THATS ***.

I put a pound sign and the entirety of my post disapears. FIX THE ****ING FILTER, ITS A ****ING WASTE OF TIME SINCE YOU MOD THE PLACE ANYWAY.

It isn't the filter. The forum doesnt recognize certain symbols. Thus, if it comes up on an unrecognized symbol, it stops trying and posts whatever came before that symbol. Sorry for the inconvenience...and sorry that you haven't learned that those words are not adjectives...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmmm pound sign eh?

Testing testing

Wow it rea
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmmm pound sign eh?

Testing testing # testing testing.

I believe she was referring to England's monetary pound, the crossed-L looking one.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Quit quoting me before I edi
    edited February 2011
    Options
    orly.

Why would the forums not recognise a well used symbol that is found on most QWERTY style keyboards? Or is this the fault of PWEs messing around with Vbulletin rather good software?

You just dont want all my hard earnt

But it's not found on most US Qwerty keyboards, and I think is site is based out of the United States.

A year huh? Wow that's a pretty long time! I'm just trying to get better at merchanting myself which is why I was curious about how the person who posted the challenges personal quest worked out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: