Seeker - another "fist" class?

2»

Comments

• WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So they are restricted to using only the claymore?

there is no claymore, the claymore is a lie, much like the cake. seekers use swords and dual swords, they are put on the seekers back while not in battle stance to give the appearance of a claymore.

seekers= swords/blades/dual swords/dual blades
    mystics= the origional magic weapons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Aparently the dps in normal attack for seeker is based on mastery similar to BM plus a skill that buff the sword for certain amount of time.

In other words they want to make sure the DPS from seeker is higher than Sword BM.

Saying that, every blademaster can use the fist skill to increase attack rate and then switch back to sword. Which is very easy, you just unequiped weapon/use skill/back to sword. Also BM can use other skills to increase DPS and back to sword again.

So, still debatable which one will have better DPS in normal attack. However, what it more likely certain is that seeker will not have to be dealing with the multiweapon thing to increase dps.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yes earthguard cant use fist/claw...
    if you roll one and only played interval so far prepare for a really bad headache...b:shutup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    no u can only use swords, blades, dual swords, and dual blades as a seeker u cant equip fists, poles, axes, bows, daggers

as well on topic of inter on seekers highest you can get is 2.44 with a sword or blade and 1.79 with a dual sword or dual blade

if by chance you had the dual swords from harpy wraith you would get a 0.05 increase but that would only bump you up to 1.92 sparked

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f65f37e3d744b921 <==Dual Sword

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=410ff430dd135b27 <===Swords

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e153b5be26a44ec0 <===Inter Dual Swords
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yes earthguard cant use fist/claw...
    if you roll one and only played interval so far prepare for a really bad headache...b:shutup

That won't stop some people, ijs. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Njdragon - Heavens Tear
    Njdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wow this gives me a great glimpse into the seeker now. I can`t believe no caymore though.

and no I am not saying that we should have only bms and sins, I am a pure axe bm, and i have been trying out polearms recently, so i have no desire for 5 aps on my bm. I have been told I will be "useless" for the higher lvls, and oh well.
    Rewind to 2008. Before aps, plvl, etc. Back when we all used to LAUGH at bm`s with fists because they couldn`t do any damage compared to pure axe bmb:laugh

Man them were the good days.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seekers have a lot of attack modifiers that from my understanding make up the difference of not having 5aps. Most importantly; the skill that allows them to transfer negative status to their target (nix bleed back to veno).

5aps isn't a major part of the seeker class so trying to make it into one people will be sadly disappointed. From understanding, this class will actually require timing and skill, both of which are foreign concepts in Pwi as of late.

People will probably play a seeker/mystic, then understand that their class isnt an aps class but is far more capable of DDing, and then stop playing them because they dont have an easy mode.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why does everything have to be about 5 APS? Its not the ONLY way to play them game or do some ppl barely have an attention span of a mushroom? Oh yeah I forgot-why put in an extra 2-3 clicks when you can sit back and punch mindlessly? Someone didnt have a good memory of Mike Tyson's Punchout in their childhood....b:surrender

Jokes aside I like the fact that you actually have to THINK to play seeker :3 hopefully brings more variety to PvP.
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why does everything have to be about 5 APS? Its not the ONLY way to play them game or do some ppl barely have an attention span of a mushroom? Oh yeah I forgot-why put in an extra 2-3 clicks when you can sit back and punch mindlessly? Someone didnt have a good memory of Mike Tyson's Punchout in their childhood....b:surrender

Jokes aside I like the fact that you actually have to THINK to play seeker :3 hopefully brings more variety to PvP.

of course not. you can also go kill lvl1 mobs and gather coins
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seekers will be hanging out with me (when they're not taking my spot in FC squads b:sad), so they don't need 5aps b:cool

They jus gotta use dat fancy fire/earth +damage/crit skill and let me do my thang b:cute
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I agree, I also hope it brings some fresh blood into the game.

As far as APS goes, don't forget that there will be -int stones in the new expansion. Each stone is a -0.05 interval, so if you stuck two of those into a seeker's sword they might be able to reach 3 APS. Of course, other classes will likely use them as well, so we'll have a bunch of 4APS natural sins and BMs running around...

Finally, everything is about APS because PWI was not designed to handle 5 APS. Instances were designed to be run by a squad in an hour, not run by a single 5APS assassin in 6 minutes. b:chuckle Because the game mechanics and design are fundamentally broken, 5 APS classes are basically taking advantage of a glitch that allows them to farm efficiently.

Perma-spark at 5 APS means:

- Purified every 6 seconds
    - Immune to all damage 50% of the time
    - 700% more damage dealt than normal
    - Any self-heal skill is far more effective than normal

Just hitting fast isn't what makes APS so over-powered. It's all of the additional traits a triple-spark gives you (and why it was rumored they would take away the extra benefits of triple spark - a rumor that has been shown to be false, fortunately).
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree, I also hope it brings some fresh blood into the game.

As far as APS goes, don't forget that there will be -int stones in the new expansion. Each stone is a -0.05 interval, so if you stuck two of those into a seeker's sword they might be able to reach 3 APS. Of course, other classes will likely use them as well, so we'll have a bunch of 4APS natural sins and BMs running around...

Finally, everything is about APS because PWI was not designed to handle 5 APS. Instances were designed to be run by a squad in an hour, not run by a single 5APS assassin in 6 minutes. b:chuckle Because the game mechanics and design are fundamentally broken, 5 APS classes are basically taking advantage of a glitch that allows them to farm efficiently.

Perma-spark at 5 APS means:

- Purified every 6 seconds
    - Immune to all damage 50% of the time
    - 700% more damage dealt than normal
    - Any self-heal skill is far more effective than normal

Just hitting fast isn't what makes APS so over-powered. It's all of the additional traits a triple-spark gives you (and why it was rumored they would take away the extra benefits of triple spark - a rumor that has been shown to be false, fortunately).

you have no idea how 5 aps works do you?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As far as APS goes, don't forget that there will be -int stones in the new expansion. Each stone is a -0.05 interval

I've seen the stones your talking about, none of them were -interval. Regardless they only last for at most an hour. I'll take a look in 1k streams, but i doubt they'll be there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]