Seeker - another "fist" class?

Njdragon - Heavens Tear
Njdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Ok, here is my thought...being that a Seeker uses a Two-Handed sword (claymore), what is his aps? I can`t believe it to be to fast (I`m thinking maybe 1 aps, like polearms). now will this be ANOTHER class to be infected by the "fist" craze?

Now, here is another thought...with the new mana draining aoe, will he be replacing wizards/archers, or even replace the blademaster?

I`d really like to know what you all think about this. I can`t wait to see the responces, thank you for reading!!!
Rewind to 2008. Before aps, plvl, etc. Back when we all used to LAUGH at bm`s with fists because they couldn`t do any damage compared to pure axe bmb:laugh

Man them were the good days.
Post edited by Njdragon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Claws and Fists are restricted from them in the coming expansion.

Unless you were talking about APS with swords, shouldn't be that high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Njdragon - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    So they are restricted to using only the claymore?
    Rewind to 2008. Before aps, plvl, etc. Back when we all used to LAUGH at bm`s with fists because they couldn`t do any damage compared to pure axe bmb:laugh

edited January 2011
    So they are restricted to using only the claymore?

From my understanding, they can use any weapon, except fist and claws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited January 2011
    That doesn`t make very much sense to me...I can`t see them being endgame characters then...

• Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    They can only use blades/swords/dual swords/dual blades, nothing else. With a -.1 interval sword or blade i was able to get 3.0 sparked i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That doesn`t make very much sense to me...I can`t see them being endgame characters then...

Or.. you know... they could actually learn how to play their class....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
    edited January 2011
    From my understanding, they can use any weapon, except fist and claws.

I fully agree here, only bm and sins should have 5 aps, not archers/barbs etc. (but thats my view, most don`t understand what I try to get across there)

edited January 2011

They might not be the farming type of class, but I'm sure they can rule high and mighty with wizzys in the PvP scene, if you care for stuff like that.

Anyways, I'm sure any fist BM/Barb will make a Seeker, and about 1/2 or so will stick with them. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited January 2011
    ok wasnt supposed to quote Knownase there...lol

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2.86 aps demon sparked with a blade is still a rather nastey amount of DPS add on some debuffs and tis a decent pve class

my question is do they have any way to stop magic or stun/seal at will if not ranged classes will tear them apart in seconds...even more so now with the abundance of rank8/9/nirvana
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited January 2011
    Yes, they do semm like they would be good in PK, im not to into that, but I can see them being good for it.

• XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I haven't seen anywhere that states that Seekers cannot use fists or claws.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fa10e88bc9025c77

3.0 sparked, best i can do really lol. But they'll be useful besides that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Somewhere I read that the Seekers will be able to use swords only.
    But I`m still drinking my coffee and I`m lazy to go and find it, sowwy =/
    edited January 2011

There's been SS of it posted on the forums before, just buried under the loads of posts about the new expansion. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2011

It is written on the new weps the classes that can use them. On all claws/fists, Seekers are not listed.

yeah, no claw/fistys for Seekys:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
    edited January 2011
    Yes that is a good amount of DPS, but still not 3.33-5 aps I see EVERYONE looking for.

I guesss we will just have to wait and see what the PvP and PvE standards for them

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yes that is a good amount of DPS, but still not 3.33-5 aps I see EVERYONE looking for.

I guesss we will just have to wait and see what the PvP and PvE standards for them

due to refine rate 2.86 with a sword would be slightly > than 3.33 with claws

personally i'm just hopeing for a new sword for bm's (something g 15 with zerk)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited January 2011
    If they can only use swords (of any kind), then id like to see them endgame and se how many want, maybe with new AOE they have, they will be very useful endgame.

• Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I know they have a buff skill that raises their defense level. On top of that, they can use elemental skills. Sounds like a HA killer. Imagine a barb trying to kill a seeker with only axes while seeker uses elemental skill on the barb.. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If they can only use swords (of any kind), then id like to see them endgame and se how many want, maybe with new AOE they have, they will be very useful endgame.
    Exclusivity is a popular thing so look forward to a handful of endgame seekers, but the question is how many actually stick around past the rush to 100+?
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Exclusivity is a popular thing so look forward to a handful of endgame seekers, but the question is how many actually stick around past the rush to 100+?

ill be sticking around lol i play 1 of every class so ill have both a seeker and mystic i cant w8 to figure the ins and outs of the class so i can be skilled at some more
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Bro, you should really stop making assumptions of a class you know nothing about. I mean come on, in your first post you still think there's going to be a new claymore weapon when you could have easily looked in the Unofficial Earthguard guide to see there's no such thing.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2011

With that zelda powerup blade spin aoe, its going to be rb frenzy soon... :p
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fa10e88bc9025c77

3.0 sparked, best i can do really lol. But they'll be useful besides that.

interval is not an available add-on for nirvana swords or blades.
    since most of the new seekers will already have an interval in there character arsenal, it would be silly to have another spark hit repeat character.

hopefully seekers will be more involved, as the preview seems to indicate they are combo based. hope we get a lot more content, and not just another class and one more dungeon to grind one higher grade of gear in. but im not expecting much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c51810fb0d50fbdd 3.0 seeker with beast weapon

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=205343e74def33fc 5.0 with beast nirvana claws

5.0 will still do more damage, but seeker has a higher DPH. Also seeker could not perma spark.

So unless they get lucky and get an interval top (i used a sin rank top as the reference) Bms and sins will still be on top. Actually they would still be on top even with the interval top...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    interval is not an available add-on for nirvana swords or blades.

You sure? Cause i saw one yesterday. Might have been rank 9 sword, it all looks the same in Chinese.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I fully agree here, only bm and sins should have 5 aps, not archers/barbs etc. (but thats my view, most don`t understand what I try to get across there)

so you basically say that we should only have bms and sins ?

btw, do we have any info about their r8/r9? barbs get -int in their r9, maybe seekers could hit 5aps in full r9 b:avoid
  • assassinsin101
    assassinsin101 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Assassins....twice the ****, but only sinners once. b:victory