This needs to be read...

Options

Comments

• sarahhowells
    sarahhowells Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lol ok I see how it works then, but that's pretty effed up even if I can do nothing about it. Thanks for your responses...Guess rage quitting is now the only choice..I don't cash shop and took me forever to farm the stuff I lost just to lose it to someone that does cash shop and does this ****.

b:bye
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah pk does have its disadvantages but finding stuff like this to pull is pretty ****ed up to me. Mainly because I was being careful about avoiding PK at the time.

Don't have to rage quit..it IS really sad yeah and A LOT of wasted hours farming, I agree.
    But wouldn't have you been more mad if u dropped stuff u cash-shopped for ? Like putting 250$+ in game or so, not binding and losing it ? I would. Get a few buddies, explained to them, and surely some will help you farm some of it back b:victory
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Santouryu - Raging Tide
    Santouryu - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Don't have to rage quit..it IS really sad yeah and A LOT of wasted hours farming, I agree.
    But wouldn't have you been more mad if u dropped stuff u cash-shopped for ? Like putting 250$+ in game or so, not binding and losing it ? I would. Get a few buddies, explained to them, and surely some will help you farm some of it back b:victory

Lol if I cash shopped I wouldnt have dropped as fast and I'd stack guardian scrolls ;p. But thanks I'm talking to some friends in game atm
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Perfect example of how people taking advantage from people with good attentions
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    some1 in ur squad coulda planned it
    someone coulda had their main in the squad and kicked it,
    then logged b4 he timed out if he still held that instance his main
    could log on and still be in the same one as you

ill admit to doing this lol b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • stoned/ - Harshlands23
    stoned/ - Harshlands23 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    theres a time delay when using tele stone for fb29 first it teles u into SP then it teles u into the hall, and if someone is lucky, and this archer was lucky. Someone can pk u, the fact that u died from an ea tells me that u have ****ty HP. And u need to always have SL on before u leave the SZs. This is ur own fault, have a nice day!
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There have been cases where I've logged into another person's instance after a reset while I was offline; I logged out inside of a pre-existing FCC, but since the instance resets in 4 hours while I was offline, I got logged into another person's instance.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    zzzZZzZzzzzz

lol that is such a lame way to get pk lmao lure someone into FB log ur main and kill them?

You people on PvE servers are so desperate lol

Oh and btw how did u drop ur mount? U can't drop mounts zzzzzzzzzz
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    theres a time delay when using tele stone for fb29 first it teles u into SP then it teles u into the hall, and if someone is lucky, and this archer was lucky. Someone can pk u, the fact that u died from an ea tells me that u have ****ty HP. And u need to always have SL on before u leave the SZs. This is ur own fault, have a nice day!

Don't take me on this one, but if that archer was in fact a cashshopper there's a big chance that he has rank 9... Now I don't pk, don't play a barb and don't play an archer b:surrender But I gues that even hits hard on a barb b:surrender
    zzzZZzZzzzzz

lol that is such a lame way to get pk lmao lure someone into FB log ur main and kill them?

This bugged me too... you can't drop from your pet-bag. So you can't drop your mount unless you didn't summon it which kinda defeats the purpose of a mount...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    zzzZZzZzzzzz

He meant his fly mount. I.e. his Wave Pacer. :<
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Heh, that's almost clever on one level.

The way to do it would be:

Have the killer and the lowbie squad together. Lowbie has lead.
    Enter the FB. The FB now belongs to the lowbie for the next 4 hrs.
    Killer logs off.

Lowbie then squads with the mark, they enter the FB - the same FB since it belongs to the lowbie.
    Killer then logs on, and has the remains of his 60s timer to kill the mark and loot his stuff.

If it weren't for the time spent unable to do anything whilst going into an instance, that time limit would be an interesting advantage for the mark.

I don't see a way to defend against that (except to not be in PK and to raise tickets against the guy)

Oh - there is one possible. If the mark enters the FB before inviting the lowbie then they will get their instance of it, not the lowbies, and the killer will log in to an empty FB.
    So do that if you're afraid of this scam.

OTOP: You were red named. So yeah, you deserved to have your stuff looted you filthy filthy PKer b:chuckle
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    well, tbh it doesnt sound like a reason to ban if he makes it the following way:

archer+alt in squad
    archer logs out
    (alt can go out of instance now)
    alt invites target
    target enters instance
    archer logs in
    archer pk target

^--pretty much this yeah.

In order 2 trick someone into this thing do they do it differently.

Archer + Alt in squad, yup.

Then makes sure ALT has lead, where the Archer logs out (Fake DC)

Timer won't appear for the last party leader (alt)
    Alt leaves instance with the 4 Hour timer just keep ticking, won't reset till after 4 hours.
    Find target in Archo whatever, ALT invites, not other target.

Then enter into instance again, with archer ready 2 log in via multiclient or 2nd pc/laptop.

PK person within 60 secs, or relog, can do this for 4 hours in a row.

This person was expecting people 2 help that did not have a SL enabled, because of being an instance.

The alt person clearly tricked you with the plan 2 PK you in hope of you dropping your gear.

Such a thing should be bannable, submit a ticket, all you can do.

Obly out
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

You didn't read any of this thread before posting did you? Cause that's NOT what happened.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You can pk people inside instances so of course its not bannable. Dont know how many times Frost ends up in a pk-fight after heads are finished and people do drop stuff lol. Or people leave squad during BHs and just kills someone that pisses them of.

Im guessing the archer was in the fb29 party before, than got DC and logged back in. Or it belonged to someone in the party. If the archer didn't have a timer than it was definitely some sort of glitch tho.

Must have been a pretty bad *** archer if he killed a level 97 barb O_O
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Crying over spilled drops, you were in red. >.> When in PK, bind thy stuff.

(FYI red and blood red give excess to equipment. If you knew that you shouldn't be QQing. darn n00b)
    __

lvl 97 n00b is still a n00b -insert below sig pic-
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I disagree with the posts stating that OP is personally at fault here. PKing is part of game play, so it's nothing to be ashamed over, and as for those of you who advised lock/GS - OP was in a state of mind for helping a lowbie in what we all perceive to be a safe environment, so it logically made sense he would have lock off, not having rushed to buy a GS in case the fb'er... kills him? (I assume OP saw that the fb'er was below 30 and not able to choose PK mode anyway...) To my mind, OP took sufficient precautions with regards to his PK status - the situation doesn't seem to warrant much more than teleporting in and give back a mold in case it drops. Hence, if this kill and loot sequence was indeed a set up, then it is a scam over a legitimate way to PK someone - a matter of unethical gaming >.>.
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You are talking ethics to a bunch of 1x-2x year old f2p gamers. b:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    as for those of you who advised lock/GS - OP was in a state of mind for helping a lowbie in what we all perceive to be a safe environment

fbs are not safe zones. Always bring dolls if you are going to be out of safe zone. Even in instances. Why? Because **** like this can and does happen and I'd rather be out the cost of a doll than lose all my stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I figured it was a fb29 and took off SL in case a mold dropped (My fault) but I wasn't at SP it was Hall of Deception where only party members could go in and some guy came in and Pk'ed me( Name wont be stated atm) and my stuff dropped...should he be banned?!!?

Ergmmm... SL is so you cannot drop.. you still can pick up items..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ergmmm... SL is so you cannot drop.. you still can pick up items..

He had SL off to DROP the mold if he happened to get it . -_- A 5 year old could figure out that's what he was saying.
    Although that could be easily avoided if the leader put the squad drops to normal, or whatever the opposite of random is. Then the lowbie could have picked up the mold without fear of having it go to the target.
    Then again, the chances of getting a mold drop in fb29 with a lv 97 in the squad is probably around .001% . b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    1) It takes 3 days to change safety lock - did you really sit there for the time to tick out so you could do an FB29. Why didn't you just do it on free? Then only tabber picks things up. Or you could have simply mailed the mold later.
    2) If you're on PK mode alwaysalwaysalwaysalways have dolls- Or safety lock - or all bound gear. Because no matter what the situation if you are red, and you drop, it's your own fault - Sucks if you were tricked, but still that's life- Only time GMs would help is if you glitched with a doll (you sometimes can drop with dolls very VERY rare cases though)
    3) That archer must have been amazing to kill you in FB29. If you just ported in? You're a barb you should have had time to run out.

All in all what was done (if it was done the way you say) It really sucks ***. But at the same time it isn't bannable. If you're redname, bind your gear, get dolls, or don't carry expensive items - End of story :( Sorry you had to learn the hard way
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wow, just when I thought I've seen it all. That's some... tricky... trick. *Levels a 29 alt*
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He had SL off to DROP the mold if he happened to get it . -_- A 5 year old could figure out that's what he was saying.

I really think your rudeness here was uncalled for.

My thinking was that he could simply set the squads mode to allow anyone to pick it up vice it randomly be distributed... and then he just not pick it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Although that could be easily avoided if the leader put the squad drops to free, or whatever the opposite of random is. Then the lowbie could have picked up the mold without fear of having it go to the target.
    Then again, the chances of getting a mold drop in fb29 with a lv 97 in the squad is probably around .001% . b:bye

i got a mold drop twice as a 100 XD

for the record, the chance to get a mold if u have a character over lvl75 for qingzi is ~1.7%
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So basically to clear up some things It wasn't when I stoned in when I was pk, it was at least like 5 minutes into me clearing to our way to qingzi. For those people that keep telling me to put SL, I get it, just didn't think **** like this was even possible. And I guess you can call me a noob or w/e cause I agree with you, I'm not overpowered in anyway, just basic TT90 and archers still do have magic spells or w/e. And I kept Sl off for the reason that I solo qingzi and have gotten 2 molds before somewhere in my 8X and 9X levels. Sooo yeah I was just trying to help someone with fb29 because I know I've appreciated all the help I've recieved at low levels, then this **** happens and apparently it's ok and i'm just a noob.

Edit- And seriously who the hell goes through all the trouble to just do an fb29. If I got the mold I'd say "Here, it's yours" Instead of I'll mail it to you in 30 minutes later when my SL is off. They'll be like wtf is SL once I leave.Also if I had intentions of pking and dropped I wouldn't be here. At first it seemed like hacks to me for someone to just come in and pk my drops, but I've read some reasons on how they made it work.(Still pretty ****ed up to me thhough)
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i got a mold drop twice as a 100 XD

for the record, the chance to get a mold if u have a character over lvl75 for qingzi is ~1.7%

Lol thanks for fixing normal to free in my post for me. And thanks for the statistic too. b:thanks That's still really rare, and I would doubt he got one in the end anyway.
    But that's a reason why free drop mode is available.

As for NiaJade, I read the whole thread and it was quite obvious that was OP was talking about. I think how you belittled the OP by tell him how SL works was uncalled for. He is obviously not a noob that doesn't understand SL.

I know a lot of people who are constantly rednamed and run instances with me. Obviously by the time the instances are done, their SL has popped but they don't relog everytime it does to reset it. They just let it go. Obviously the "lurer" wasn't able attack OP, so he found it safe to let his lock pop and if he got the mold, he could just trade it (Although I still find relogging > making squad drops free would be better) . But regardless, he was conned into thinking he was doing something good and got taken advantage of. It sucks, but that is life. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lol thanks for fixing normal to free in my post for me. And thanks for the statistic too. b:thanks That's still really rare, and I would doubt he got one in the end anyway.
    But that's a reason why free drop mode is available.

As for NiaJade, I read the whole thread and it was quite obvious that was OP was talking about. I think how you belittled the OP by tell him how SL works was uncalled for. He is obviously not a noob that doesn't understand SL.

I know a lot of people who are constantly rednamed and run instances with me. Obviously by the time the instances are done, their SL has popped but they don't relog everytime it does to reset it. They just let it go. Obviously the "lurer" wasn't able attack OP, so he found it safe to let his lock pop and if he got the mold, he could just trade it (Although I still find relogging > making squad drops free would be better) . But regardless, he was conned into thinking he was doing something good and got taken advantage of. It sucks, but that is life. b:surrender
    Thanks, that's all I was trying to say for a while before I realized the way the guy did it. The guy couldn't even PK and it was after the tiger event so I had nothing to do anyway. I've had squads in FC where people would relog after like every 2 bosses and it annoys me. For the record I do bring guardian scrolls into FC when I'm rednamed cause I know some people do kill after heads. But lmao fb29? That's a new one I'd like more people to be aware of at this moment
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think you can defend against this scam: if when you reach the instance the timer is not 4:00 and you are red named, and have safety lock off, and are not in a squad with people you would trust with your gear, relog right then.

If the person really wants your help they will invite you back. And, if immediate access to molds would be an issue, they should invite you on free mode.

And, if they do not want your help with safety lock on, you should not feel obligated to help them. Or they can wait until you are white named.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think you can defend against this scam: if when you reach the instance the timer is not 4:00 and you are red named, and have safety lock off, and are not in a squad with people you would trust with your gear, relog right then.

If the person really wants your help they will invite you back. And, if immediate access to molds would be an issue, they should invite you on free mode.

And, if they do not want your help with safety lock on, you should not feel obligated to help them. Or they can wait until you are white named.
    Well yeah I guess you're right, but you know I just didn't even think that high levels are really that bored to pull stuff like this. Make an alt just to pk for drops by gullible people that only want to help others b:surrender
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    simply put, SS or it didn't happen k? If you don't have proof that it happened, then it didn't. Period.