This needs to be read...

Santouryu - Raging Tide
Santouryu - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Alright this probably is in the wrong section but I need help. I was in pk mode with 20+hours rednamed and I go into qingzi dungeon to help someone with their fb29. Out of nowhere an archer comes out of nowhere and pk's me. He's not even in the group and basically pks me and grabs my mount, weapon, belt and some other stuff.

So is this hax and bannable or something cause im pissed...and is there even a chance i can get my stuff back? thats serious BS.
Post edited by Santouryu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PK is allowed in SP. Killing low levels over and over making it unable to complete their quests there is bannable. No, there is no chance you'll get your stuff back. If you're going to PK, use your safety lock or buy guardian scrolls.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Well, either that or severely naive player is naive on a very severe level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    um were you inside the fb29 or just inside of secret passage?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Use dolls if you're red, you cheapskate. Then you don't need to worry about dropping stuff. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Santouryu - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    PK is allowed in SP. Killing low levels over and over making it unable to complete their quests there is bannable. No, there is no chance you'll get your stuff back. If you're going to PK, use your safety lock or buy guardian scrolls.

I figured it was a fb29 and took off SL in case a mold dropped (My fault) but I wasn't at SP it was Hall of Deception where only party members could go in and some guy came in and Pk'ed me( Name wont be stated atm) and my stuff dropped...should he be banned?!!?
    edited January 2011
    Use dolls if you're red, you cheapskate. Then you don't need to worry about dropping stuff. b:bye

I Stoned in to help with the fb29, why would I need Guardian Angel/Scroll?!
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011

what she said...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I figured it was a fb29 and took off SL in case a mold dropped (My fault) but I wasn't at SP it was Hall of Deception where only party members could go in and some guy came in and Pk'ed me( Name wont be stated atm) and my stuff dropped...should he be banned?!!?

How?

Hall Of Deception is an instance. Only you and your squad members will be there. Anyone outside of your squad won't be in the Hall with you. It's not possible.
    edited January 2011
    How?

Hall Of Deception is an instance. Only you and your squad members will be there. Anyone outside of your squad won't be in the Hall with you. It's not possible.

THATS WHAT IM SAYING, but it freaking happened
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wait...you're saying there was a random archer inside the instance that was never in your squad?

Edit: What could possible happen would be this...if the archer was originally in the squad, left, managed to not get timer, and then you were invited and came in....he would still be in the instance I think?
    I've only heard of 1 time when somebody from another squad got booted into another person's instance..and that person had been lying dead on the ground for a few hours...

Edit#2: Nevermind....for the above to work you need more than 1 squadmate.
    edited January 2011
    wait...you're saying there was a random archer inside the instance that was never in your squad?

Yes, it was me and a 29 cleric, that's it, and I get pk'ed by some 100+ archer
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2 words. Safetly. Lock. Learn to use it if your going to kill ppl and get hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
    edited January 2011
    2 words. Safetly. Lock. Learn to use it if your going to kill ppl and get hours.

Lol for the last time, I wasn't going pking I was going to help with a fb29, Safety lock was off jsut cause if a mold dropped I'd give it to the tabber.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You could've mailed it after your sl went off you kno b:cold ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I know as people port into there, they can get hit by the mobs in the room next to the entrance in SP itself.

Do you think the archer was maybe waiting (you can see people port there o.o ) or caught you accidentally by AOE as you ported in?

If you get what I mean here.... >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    but why complicate things...I stoned in and everything just to avoid running through those people in secret passage. And then get PK'ed inside by someone else and drop, that's bs
    edited January 2011
    I know as people port into there, they can get hit by the mobs in the room next to the entrance in SP itself.

Do you think the archer was maybe waiting (you can see people port there o.o ) or caught you accidentally by AOE as you ported in?

If you get what I mean here.... >.<
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I lag at entering sometimes...But this was not the case...how do i know? I already cleared the first few mobs -.-
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well, i think that (most of) you miss the point. the point is that he was in an instance and then a random archer pops up and kills him? that's weird.

only way i can imagine is if the archer was in squad, logged out, then OP comes in, archer logs in, he pk's OP during the 60sec till he ports out (he is not in squad).

sounds like a trap xd
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lol you got baited all for the chance of an FB29 mold. And you're level 97?

Lol gtfo noob cry more.
    edited January 2011
    well, i think that (most of) you miss the point. the point is that he was in an instance and then a random archer pops up and kills him? that's weird.

only way i can imagine is if the archer was in squad, logged out, then OP comes in, archer logs in, he pk's OP during the 60sec till he ports out (he is not in squad).

sounds like a trap xd

Thanks Thanos, and no he wasn't in squad because I invited the cleric when he asked me during the tiger event.
  • sarahhowells
    sarahhowells Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Isn't frankie an EA? lol you got wtfpwnd by a GM, and ran off wit'cho stuffs.
    edited January 2011
    Uhh I don't think so...or hope that's not the case o.o
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    this exact thing has actually been talked about for a while now, an Archer who lures ppl into the BH29 instance with an alt under the excuse of needing help with an FB, and had done it with Many people who were all in fact red-named.

apparently the Red-named person being lured is asked by a low lv char asking for help with an FB29, soon as inside the instance (hall of deception, NOT secret passage) they are PK'ed by an archer that was never part of the squad they were in and lose some items in the process.

its Been WC'ed a lot of times already and each time the people who were PK'ed all blamed the same person

far as i know, that person was banned for a bit and after a while continued doing it, tho less often
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
    edited January 2011
    this exact thing has actually been talked about for a while now, an Archer who lures ppl into the BH29 instance with an alt under the excuse of needing help with an FB, and had done it with Many people who were all in fact red-named.

apparently the Red-named person being lured is asked by a low lv char asking for help with an FB29, soon as inside the instance (hall of deception, NOT secret passage) they are PK'ed by an archer that was never part of the squad they were in and lose some items in the process.

its Been WC'ed a lot of times already and each time the people who were PK'ed all blamed the same person

far as i know, that person was banned for a bit and after a while continued doing it, tho less often

Ohh I fell for it then. That seems like the case but seriously, nothing can be done? I can give the name in case it matches previous cases. I know it's my fault for it happening but still GM's or w/e gonna let it go? Banning for a while then letting it happen over and over doesn't solve it. Cause I WC'ed in game and had like 5 replies of this happening to people that I recognize some from PK
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That just sounds too weird to me.

EVEN if the archer logged in fb29, it's not even his instance, he would have been non-existant to you and you to him.

I know, we once invited someone to a bh51 and invited him and he accepted once INSIDE the bh, which obviously wasnt same as ours. He was like in a twilight zone, not in our bh and him not in ours.

So an archer logging back into fb29 is in his own instance, even if he was in room before and got bumped in, if he was alone in his squad, still is HIS instance. So either he was in squad with you and you don't say it, either it's a major bug he used or a waste of posting space.

You know, there's a button for that called "print screen" saves screenshot in PWI folder.
    Doesn't take long to do and makes stories far more believable.

(like seeing him in there not squaded, something like that)

Proof is always the way to go, as whitout them , even Gm's can't investigate b:bye
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well, tbh it doesnt sound like a reason to ban if he makes it the following way:

archer+alt in squad
    archer logs out
    (alt can go out of instance now)
    alt invites target
    target enters instance
    archer logs in
    archer pk target

not sure if there is some rule against haveing two chars and pk'ing but the bait could be a friend.

moral of the story: there is no safe place

EVEN if the archer logged in fb29, it's not even his instance, he would have been non-existant to you and you to him.

I know, we once invited someone to a bh51 and invited him and he accepted once INSIDE the bh, which obviously wasnt same as ours. He was like in a twilight zone, not in our bh and him not in ours.

So an archer logging back into fb29 is in his own instance, even if he was in room before and got bumped in, if he was alone in his squad, still is HIS instance. So either he was in squad with you and you don't say it, either it's a major bug he used or a waste of posting space.

You know, there's a button for that called "print screen" saves screenshot in PWI folder.

Proof is always the way to go, as whitout them , even Gm's can't investigate b:bye

if the archer was in the same squad with the low-level he would stay in the same instance if the alt was leader. same thing happens when u dc and the party invites u back before u port out
    edited January 2011

Sorry no screenshots. But is it odd enough he took my drops and holy pathed straight for exit?
    edited January 2011
    well, tbh it doesnt sound like a reason to ban if he makes it the following way:

archer+alt in squad
    archer logs out
    (alt can go out of instance now)
    alt invites target
    target enters instance
    archer logs in
    archer pk target

not sure if there is some rule against haveing two chars and pk'ing but the bait could be a friend.

moral of the story: there is no safe place
    Lol ok I see how it works then, but that's pretty effed up even if I can do nothing about it. Thanks for your responses...Guess rage quitting is now the only choice..I don't cash shop and took me forever to farm the stuff I lost just to lose it to someone that does cash shop and does this ****.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Not saying it didn't happen thought, real sorry if it did..yeah it sucks..But pk does come with it's disadvantages. To be in there anyway , in instance, with you.. Would have been to be in your squad at one point, so it's justthe "outta nowhere comes a archer that pk's me" that bugs me.. That guy must have used serious bug...b:sad

2 tips I can say :

1 - Screenshot button does help clarify for anyone

2 - As you are not a cash shopper, like me "free offers for Zen". In a week u'll have enough Zen's to bind ur stuff if u plan to stay red :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited January 2011
    Yeah pk does have its disadvantages but finding stuff like this to pull is pretty ****ed up to me. Mainly because I was being careful about avoiding PK at the time.