ESRB Rating

Options
2»

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Online interactions not rated by the ESRB.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    :P I was more thinking along the lines of however realistic, in-your-face or on the ground puddles of gore. That little bit of sparkly goodness the sins shed when they do their thing doesn't count.

I'd vote for T or M

lol Snakes near RT have blood drooling from there mouth. :P
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    She's only voicing her opinions on how idiot she thinks certain posts are.
    And truly, people saying that losing something from gambling on a computer game is violating law, are very very stupid, and need to be informed that they are.

Then take your grievances to the higher ups in the U.S. court system. I was simply just stating the obvious from quoted legal documents from the Washington State website.

To those who say I rage about packs, I am not. I am a 'pack opener' myself. I consider it as gambling, because it gives me a similar 'rush' that I get when I am sitting at a table or a slot machine at a gambling establishment. You lose real life money (unless, as otherwise stated, you earn ZEN for free and use that to buy and open packs) for a chance for items you desire. The thing that seperates Pay to Play games, as well as Free to Play games that have a cash shop implemented, is that there is no 'chance'. You pay for something, you get it. However, in the pack situation, the pack has a 'chance' to get 'rare items'. You are not guaranteed as a customer to receive those 'rare items', unlike when you buy an item from the cash shop, say a mount. You receive that mount. It is guaranteed.

Gambling is putting forward currency for a 'chance' to get that supposed item, if it be....money, car, clothes, whatever the case may be. Internet gambling IS in face illegal in many states/countries.

I was simply putting forward an example, as written by the law in a U.S. state.

NightRage is right though, online games are not given a rating. So all of this discussion is pointless. The OP was putting forth a hypothetical question, and I gave a hypothetical answer with some real life evidence to support it. Serves me right for taking the bait, tbh.

Y SO SRS?!
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    pfft there is no gambeling in this game. >.>

buy pack ... no money back and you get Perfect token x 15

._. Low chance at getting something is in all games.
    _

There is a age limit, words are cencored. Women seldomly have big ****, you aren't running around naked. lol there is another mmo that has actual undergarments.

Biggest thing here is hugging kissing and sin's blood styled attacks.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    pfft there is no gambeling in this game. >.>

buy pack ... no money back and you get Perfect token x 15

._. Low chance at getting something is in all games.
    _

There is a age limit, words are cencored. Women seldomly have big ****, you aren't running around naked. lol there is another mmo that has actual undergarments.

Biggest thing here is hugging kissing and sin's blood styled attacks.

Women here have actual undergarments.

Try wearing the Vintage Set, theres hearts on the panties.

And as for nudity, there are options there.......

---

Yay perv? b:chuckle
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Just a real quick reality check on the gambling aspect. The essential element in any definition of gambling is that you have a chance to win something of value. Since all of the game elements, from gold, to coins, to packs, to the items that come from the packs are owned by PWE, it is not gambling in a legal sense.

For example, in the Washington State law referenced in a previous post, "gambling" is defined as staking or risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance or a future contingent event not under the person's control or influence, upon an agreement or understanding that the person or someone else will receive something of value in the event of a certain outcome. The law then goes on to define "thing of value" as money or property (or any item that can be exchanged for money or property). Since, by definition, nobody but PWE has any rights to any in-game items, there are no "things of value" to be won.

Oddly enough, though, depending on the premises it's located in, it IS illegal for a video game to give you an extension of playing time or a free game if the chance is based primarily on luck rather than skill, so bonus rounds that involve random or "pick a pixel" type activities can be shut down.

In any case, most jurisdictions have similar definitions. For example, in the UK, Section 6 of the Gambling Act of 2005 states that you have to be able to win a "prixe, defined as
    (5)In this Act prize in relation to gaming (except in the context of a gaming machine)

(a)means money or money's worth, and

(b)includes both a prize provided by a person organising gaming and winnings of money staked.

No "prize", no gambling.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Definetly teen or up.

One night in WC, we had some crazy trolling going on with 4 chars named Pness, UrLeftNut, UrRightNut and Vaghina.

Was funny for the first few lines, but got old pretty fast and if I had kids under teen age, not sure I would like them to read such stupidities...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    , you aren't running around naked. .

I beg to differ. One of my faction mates sometime gets glitched in water and end up nude not even the normal white things. Has also happened to me once wile I was flying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Online interactions of a dead game not rated by the ESRB.

God NightRage, if your gonna make something your thing, at least commit to it, sheesh
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why are ppl taking this thread so seriously...? b:sweat

*throws troll bait*
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    because this is how our pwi-trollums look like nowadays.
    ( enjoy xD )

angry nerds with need to prove, who is an idiot with flaws in logic, rather than just talk about subject.

oh and, + angry middle aged housewifes, afraid that their 16yr old kids, may see pixel woman in bikini
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Rated: E 10+ (Everyone 10+)

Nothing that was created by the developers requires a higher level of knowledge past what would have been taught by the age of 10 years old (going by American schooling).

ESRB Ratings were always meant to be judged by what is actually in the game, not what players turn it into. Example: the things said in world chat.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You know, there is a reason why when you play games on 360, PS3, or Wii, they say "online interactions not rated." Why, I must ask, do you think there could ever be an ESRB rating on an MMORPG? It's not like we have single-player mode... Unless you want to count soloing an instance, but even then you still have WC or some *** who saved a horn (if those even still work).
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Duno if anyone said this yet, but ESRB doesn't rate online interations/gameplay because they cannot control what is said by other players. If it was just an RPG and not an MMORPG, it would probably be rated T for light language (NPCs say "Damn"), Violence and references to alcohol (Drunk man in instances). It might even be E10+ (Everyone 10 and up for violence factor), since the language is few and far between and I've played games rated E with alcohol usage.
    Other than that, I vote Ao because a LOT of the things said in the chatbox are very explict and not suitable for younger players. I wouldn't let my child near this game until they were 18 or older because a lot of the things said in it are very disturbing. Plus, the lack of GM responses to it are shocking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • nelsonnelson6
    nelsonnelson6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    e 10 + it should be
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bump to bury the spams
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink