ESRB Rating

Options
Leni - Raging Tide
Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Is this game rated by the Entertainment Software Rating Board?

If yes, what's the ESRB rating?

What do you think the rating should be and why?

Don't know what's the ESRB? Follow the link: http://www.esrb.org/
Post edited by Leni - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    T rated

but i wont be surprised if your poll results will get trolled xD
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i voted for E rated but now that i think about it..probably t rated maybe even M rated
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I voted T(een), for the following reason: There's no nudity, no profanity ( let's keep what the actual players say in chat out of it ), no blood spatter, no nookie, and 99% of the mobs we kill don't even look remotely human-like.

By the time someone figures out how to download this game, install it, create an account and character, and actually play it, they've probably seen much worse on the internet. Hell, they've probably seen worse if they turned on the TV to watch the news today, unless they're being super-sheltered from the real world.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I voted T(een), for the following reason: There's no nudity, no profanity ( let's keep what the actual players say in chat out of it ), no blood spatter, no nookie, and 99% of the mobs we kill don't even look remotely human-like.

By the time someone figures out how to download this game, install it, create an account and character, and actually play it, they've probably seen much worse on the internet. Hell, they've probably seen worse if they turned on the TV to watch the news today, unless they're being super-sheltered from the real world.

mmmm sins xd
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    mmmm sins xd

:P I was more thinking along the lines of however realistic, in-your-face or on the ground puddles of gore. That little bit of sparkly goodness the sins shed when they do their thing doesn't count.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you ignore chat, T.

If you don't ignore chat, M.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I voted eC. Simply due to the fact that the game is a breeding ground of immature dimwits. b:cute
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you don`t look at world chat or blacklist all the "smart ***" people it would be more or less mature rated, a simple solution, they need to extend black list indefinitely, I`m always running out of space b:shutup
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If we were in China, it would be rated "Banned".

But yeah, images of blood, violence, and stuff, T. Doesn't bother me at all though if it were rated M or AO in terms of whether or not I'd play it.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you ignore chat, T.

Thank you future wife ( when you come to DW )
    And yea, voted T.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thank you future wife ( when you come to DW )

Oh, no you don't. You're coming to HL and you will LIKE IT.

And then to celebrate our wedding, we will kill stuff like this. Only more epic in scale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I voted for M(ature) seeming as the outfits for the female characters can be quite revealing on this game, and teen can go from anywhere between 13-19 lets not forget, 13 year olds shouldn't see "half naked" anything, be it real or pixel women in bikinis or mini skirts, but if they are young teens and are mature about it, then personally id say its ok as there is some mature teens in this world.

also yea there isn't any gore, blood, extreme violence either so id definitely put my vote into Mature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    there's an option missing from the poll --- the game shouldn't be rated, because that rating system is a silly way for silly people to avoid making their own judgment calls. parents, look at the game yourself and decide if it's right for your children or not; don't delegate that task to some faceless ratings board whose standards you know nothing about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Would be M for Mature.

Fantasy Violence
    Suggestive Themes

And most important...
    Real Gambling

b:chuckle
    Packs World International
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This game is rated T for Troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This game is rated T for Troll.

you win the thread, sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    T for game content and thats it.

If anyone bothered to look into the ESRB / PEGI Rating systems, they dont rate online content / player chat because its too difficult to rate.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    T for the game only. but inculding the chat its M

LOL i just realized others have said the same xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you ignore chat, T.

I voted Ao just because of chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Considering you can see female underwear, ****? Also, smoking smilies, provocative fashion, and poorly censored chat?

M. Borderline Adult Only.

If Linda Tripp caught wind of this, or any right wing conservatives with too much money and time on their hands, this game would be shut down, and it would not matter if it is licensed to a Chinese company. Things have been, and will continue to be censored, modified and stripped of content as per the laws of the countries it is being catered to.

Personally, I'd like to see an age limit be put on this game. Similar to PW CN's method, of entering your ID number on a government issued ID card. Good riddance to pre-teen, hormonal emo kids.

I also forgot Internet Gambling. I dont care if it is for real money or not, there is an Internet Gambling Commission that reviews over such instances. Im shocked this game has not been reported.

*Taken from Washington State Gambling Commission's website
    http://www.wsgc.wa.gov/faq/internet_gambling.pdf

What is Gambling?
    Gambling involves three elements: prize, chance and consideration (entry fee, wager, or anything of
    value).

If one of these elements is removed, it is no longer a gambling activity. For example, if you pay a fee to play a game of chance (such as poker, blackjack, bingo, roulette, craps, slots, etc.) for a prize, it is a gambling activity. However, if you play these games for free (no entry fee or wager) it is not a gambling activity and is okay to play on the Internet.

This game SHOULD be illegal in states such as Washington State in America.
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Should be rated 18+ since they promote the excessive amounts of gambling b:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    easily a T. Nothing on this game's WC is any worse than anything I read or saw on facebook and youtube when I was 13.

btw; laughing my *** off because as I type this, there is a wow advert on the top of the page. Hypocritical much PWI?
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Im laughing my balls offat the gambling BS.

Theres no profit if you win. So its NOT gambling. Its simply putting your money into the game and chance dictates you gain something or dont. There is no "loss" so theres no gamble. You just gain or get nothing.

Plus its idiots like you that got the Game Corner taken out of the more recent Pokemon games. Do you have ANY idea how ****ing stupid that is?
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Im laughing my balls offat the gambling BS.

Theres no profit if you win. So its NOT gambling. Its simply putting your money into the game and chance dictates you gain something or dont. There is no "loss" so theres no gamble. You just gain or get nothing.

Plus its idiots like you that got the Game Corner taken out of the more recent Pokemon games. Do you have ANY idea how ****ing stupid that is?

loss is not part of the configuration for gambling, although it can be an effect from it. Stop calling people names and teach yourself a few things before you attempt to put yourself on a higher pedestal by degrading others who are voicing their opinions please.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    teach yourself a few things before you attempt to put yourself on a higher pedestal by degrading others who are voicing their opinions please.

She's only voicing her opinions on how idiot she thinks certain posts are.
    And truly, people saying that losing something from gambling on a computer game is violating law, are very very stupid, and need to be informed that they are.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I voted for T, not sure if I should have voted M though. Why? Because of the sexual content and the constant swearing because GM/moderator presence is non-existent.

Last time I saw a GM actually take care of someone in global on LC? 2 years ago. The only time the seem to do it now is when they have their delicate little ego tromped on.
    Example:

"lololol stupid gm why you no mute me? because u not their, that y. lolol" *proceed with endless swearing and slander in global*

10 minutes later GM FINALLY does something.

And I'll add that many times not even that works. Don't GM's get PAID to monitor this game? Global chat should be the easiest to take care of. Mute then input reason, go back to other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ok, you LOL at the gambling comment?

Ok well how does this definition sound to you

"the act of playing for stakes in the hope of winning (including the payment of a price for a chance to win a prize); "his gambling cost him a fortune"

Sound like PWI packs much? b:byeb:chuckle
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Considering you can see female underwear, ****? Also, smoking smilies, provocative fashion, and poorly censored chat?

M. Borderline Adult Only.

If Linda Tripp caught wind of this, or any right wing conservatives with too much money and time on their hands, this game would be shut down, and it would not matter if it is licensed to a Chinese company. Things have been, and will continue to be censored, modified and stripped of content as per the laws of the countries it is being catered to.

Personally, I'd like to see an age limit be put on this game. Similar to PW CN's method, of entering your ID number on a government issued ID card. Good riddance to pre-teen, hormonal emo kids.

I also forgot Internet Gambling. I dont care if it is for real money or not, there is an Internet Gambling Commission that reviews over such instances. Im shocked this game has not been reported.

*Taken from Washington State Gambling Commission's website
    http://www.wsgc.wa.gov/faq/internet_gambling.pdf

What is Gambling?
    Gambling involves three elements: prize, chance and consideration (entry fee, wager, or anything of
    value).

If one of these elements is removed, it is no longer a gambling activity. For example, if you pay a fee to play a game of chance (such as poker, blackjack, bingo, roulette, craps, slots, etc.) for a prize, it is a gambling activity. However, if you play these games for free (no entry fee or wager) it is not a gambling activity and is okay to play on the Internet.

This game SHOULD be illegal in states such as Washington State in America.
    So many things wrong with this.

- There is an age limit, it's 13. Try registering and entering your birth date as 12 years ago or sooner -- instant block from registration. That favors T rating.

- Naive to think that an age limit would inherently increase maturity. Most of the world chat e-peen stuff I've seen are from adult players who charge. Most of the drama I've encountered are also from adult players who charge.

- It's legal to gamble online in this state (California), where the server and publisher are located, especially in the manner one could go about buying packs from this game. Hell, our own state has a specific gambling fund set up just for the lottery. It's not legal in China but obviously their laws don't apply here. The state of Washington's laws do not apply in the state of California. Federal laws do not prohibit this either. It's legal.

- South Korea and other countries get away with forcing people to use their SSN and things like that because of how small they are and how their laws are set up. Ours does not allow for a company to make people give their state drivers license or SSN info just to open a pack due to someone's subjective view of what entails gambling.

- In all likelihood, this game has not been reported because it would be a colossal waste of time.

Other things not in response to the quoted post above..

- The T rating most people suggest is for the content in the game -- looks (i.e. fash, how scantily clad NPCs or monsters are), NPC dialogue, monsters, blood, and so on. About the chat, that's entirely different. PWI has filters set up that block specific words, plus give you a filter option to filter out certain chats (like world chat) as well as a blacklist filter. Can't change the rating of a game just because some people can circumvent the F word by removing the "u" from it or using a "v" in place of the "u". It would be impossible to censor everything that is considered a swear word -- and stupid to even try.

- Naivety does have a point that you receive nothing outside of the game if you win. You don't get real cash as a prize for opening packs. You don't even have to pay real money to open packs.

- Too many of the whiners have a "stick it to the man" ideal and while I like the idea of keeping the giant tamed, whether it be a government or business, they aren't winning any logical people over with the character assassination attempt. If they really think PWI is doing something illegal, just report it, don't try posting on their forum in an attempt to look smart. All it shows is you don't know what you're talking about.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The community is a important part of this game, and because of the community I would give it a M
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I voted for M(ature) seeming as the outfits for the female characters can be quite revealing on this game, and teen can go from anywhere between 13-19 lets not forget, 13 year olds shouldn't see "half naked" anything, be it real or pixel women in bikinis or mini skirts, but if they are young teens and are mature about it, then personally id say its ok as there is some mature teens in this world.

also yea there isn't any gore, blood, extreme violence either so id definitely put my vote into Mature.

The clothes are no worse then the **** you see at the mall, the beach, or down town. Hell if we was in some other countries they would be watching women stripping on the news and it would be considered family TV. Still if you can legally walk down the street in it then it's not bad for kids to see. People need to pull the boards out. BTW I said mature purely for the chat. If not for that I'd say it be good for anyone who can understand how to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]