Question about this game is dead

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
lol i have a question for you guys with the this game is dead siggy people. Why do you bother hiding around the forum if you quit the game already and are saying its dead? whats the point of you bothering sticking your nose where you say you dont wanna be but put yourself 24/7?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Indeed, I find the siggy rather annoying as well.

Liked the nerd rage one tho.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Agree wit ur sentiment and like your sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Apparently, they have nothing better to do in life? =o

They say the forum is alive, so that's why they stick around. Seems kinda stupid, imo, when all they post on the forum is about how dead the game is. *shrugs*
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Apparently, they have nothing better to do in life? =o

They say the forum is alive, so that's why they stick around. Seems kinda stupid, imo, when all they post on the forum is about how dead the game is. *shrugs*
    Mmmhm, and if you're gonna claim a game is dead, way to go in sticking around the forums making it look like everything is alive and well. I thought people were taught you don't touch dead things.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Sadly, some posters on this forum were never taught an aversion to dead things (case in point: the extremely high number of necro'ed threads). I actually kind of like the nerdrage siggies...b:mischievous
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Mmmhm, and if you're gonna claim a game is dead, way to go in sticking around the forums making it look like everything is alive and well. I thought people were taught you don't touch dead things.

mmm necrophilia ... I mean necromancy. <.< >.>

xD

__

See that is a good sig, the other just spams that the 'game is dead' I swear I have headaches leading to a facepalm. b:laugh
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• Martiin - Archosaur
    Martiin - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol i have a question for you guys with the this game is dead siggy people. Why do you bother hiding around the forum if you quit the game already and are saying its dead? whats the point of you bothering sticking your nose where you say you dont wanna be but put yourself 24/7?

Perhaps...these are players that don't currently play or have not played in a long time because they have taken a long leave of absence out of boredom. The reason they,"hide" on the forums is maybe because they are waiting for the expansion and are looking forward to playing again when it does. Just a random guess....b:thanks

As for the whole sig thing, makes the forums much more colorful. Considering what the forums have to offer(threads like yours) I would say our sigs are as lively and attractive as most things here. Some beleive the sig and some don't, I don't care. BUT those who complain about sig(you) don't seem to grasp the concept of DEAD = BROKEN.

The argument of this being a broken game can go on for millions of posts because everything is based on each persons perspective. In other words...no real right answer.

Also, I enjoy skimming the forums 24/7 to find threads like these and reply to them even though I completely hate doing it...wait uh?
    (anonymous) "If pwi brings out rank sale again, I will def increase my spending limit." Marketing, learn it, master it, and after that stop complaining about it.
  • krittycat
    edited January 2011
    Not to be rude, but wouldn't a sig that says "Game is Broken" be more fitting? Because last I checked, something can be broken but yet still very much alive...
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    BUT those who complain about sig(you) don't seem to grasp the concept of DEAD = BROKEN.

Ohoh, I know why! It's because "broken" and "dead" do not mean the same thing. Amazing, really. o_o
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Martiin - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Not to be rude, but wouldn't a sig that says "Game is Broken" be more fitting? Because last I checked, something can be broken but yet still very much alive...

Sadly I have no idea how to edit a sig. Beggar's can't be choosers right?

Make me one that says, "Game is Broken" and I will gladly wear it with pride.
    (anonymous) "If pwi brings out rank sale again, I will def increase my spending limit." Marketing, learn it, master it, and after that stop complaining about it.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Nooo~ The headache is coming ....

Broken is still good just needs an adhesent (glue).

Dead is no longer living and cannot be restored.

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

So...you'd rather wear a sig made by someone else, which people complain about, that also tells a lie and doesn't truly represent how you feel, instead of just plain typing in your signature, "The game is broken"?

Interesting...
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited January 2011

I'm sure that there are a couple of people in The Fanatics Forum who would be willing to make one...why don't you try them?

EDIT: Oh, and I have absolutely no clue how to make signatures in general...thus why I'm running that contest in the first place. b:chuckle
  • Martiin - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    So...you'd rather wear a sig made by someone else, which people complain about, that also tells a lie and doesn't truly represent how you feel, instead of just plain typing in your signature, "The game is broken"?

Interesting...

This sig really grabs the attention of the reader and closely resembles my feelings towards the game. If you think about it, the whole DEAD concept came from the fact that aspects of the game were BROKEN. Since the internet is a serious atmosphere allow me to elaborate. I understand these are two words that are not synonyms. I also understand that this game is indeed not dead as people still play.

@keliska Duck tape is better and you obviously have no been introduced to a clerics revive skill

@kritty I may do so, though I feel some may be reluctant. Also I really can't say I am passionate enough to do so in the first place.

Here's a joke that is very close to the truth, think about it.
    Arguing with an engineer is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig. After a few hours, you realize that he likes it.
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i agree that the game is broken lol
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Since it's apparently beyond the intelligence of the OP and others here to grasp, I'll put it simply so you can further understand why I come here.

I'm not an MMO addict like you people... this isn't my billionth fantasy RPG in the last 10 years, this was my first MMO. A forum does not take more than a few minutes to participate in. You don't need to sit there all day and night... you can come and go as you please. Difficult concept, no?

I've always been a forum ****. I have what 6.6k posts here. I have had higher post counts on a number of boards. You know, some people like to participate in forums that have nothing to do with games at all. I know, that must be hard for some of the people here to actually grasp... that forums are a nice little distraction that don't have to be tied to anything in specific to enjoy.

I hope that clears some mis-understanding and helps to educate those less intellecutally fortunate.

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    For months, I have been resisting the urge to replace any instance of people spouting "game is dead" with "Bela Lugosi's dead" and proclaiming it as fixed.

No longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Am I the only one who gets a headache of those sigs ? b:surrender
  • _Hysteria_ - Dreamweaver
    _Hysteria_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    games far from dead on dreamweaver server so i dont get it either, pk isnt what it used to be, but game isnt dead by any means, those sig r annoying, the nerd rage ones r slightly amusing though i agree.
    Marshal of the Lvl 3 Faction SubZero on DW server, pm me in game!!!b:victory
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Since it's apparently beyond the intelligence of the OP and others here to grasp, I'll put it simply so you can further understand why I come here.

I'm not an MMO addict like you people... this isn't my billionth fantasy RPG in the last 10 years, this was my first MMO. A forum does not take more than a few minutes to participate in. You don't need to sit there all day and night... you can come and go as you please. Difficult concept, no?

I've always been a forum ****. I have what 6.6k posts here. I have had higher post counts on a number of boards. You know, some people like to participate in forums that have nothing to do with games at all. I know, that must be hard for some of the people here to actually grasp... that forums are a nice little distraction that don't have to be tied to anything in specific to enjoy.

I hope that clears some mis-understanding and helps to educate those less intellecutally fortunate.

b:pleased

read bolded and you will see that you derailed your post by posting this on the game forum which asked the question why stick around when "this game is dead". you said you do not need to sit there all day and yet you do you spend all your time on here because you reply instantly to most posts and go on for hours on end with people in arguements again like you said there are other forums out there that have nothing to do with games yet you still stick around here where its OMG WHAT DO YOU KNOW A GAME YOU KEEP CALLING DEAD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Wait, did a Mod just actually indirectly agree that the game is broken? b:shocked
    Wow Kritty, my respect for you just went up. Though you might not want to openly mention or admit such things again. Ever.
    This game is still very much alive, but it is indeed horribly, horribly broken. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it, but I'm also a casual player with patience enough to enjoy doing the quests and lvling slowly. Paired up with a distaste for factions/guilds and PvP, I don't have too much of a problem aside from biased gameplay issues and the fact that the broken economy makes affording charms a *****.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Use my sig. instead.. its way funnier b:laugh i copied it from another guy here wich i dont remember..
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kingfoolish
    kingfoolish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The sig just show QQers raging towards packs.
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011

No I'm afraid your not the only one. I used to read the forums alot more than I do now, I had to decrease my browsing due to those sigs. I dont mind sigs, I like them when ppl put alot of effort into thm to make them look good, but thats.... painful b:beatenupb:infuriated
    Oneday I might actually get around to making one for me, ut I assure you, no monster flashing.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Wait, did a Mod just actually indirectly agree that the game is broken? b:shocked
    Wow Kritty, my respect for you just went up. Though you might not want to openly mention or admit such things again. Ever.
    This game is still very much alive, but it is indeed horribly, horribly broken. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it, but I'm also a casual player with patience enough to enjoy doing the quests and lvling slowly. Paired up with a distaste for factions/guilds and PvP, I don't have too much of a problem aside from biased gameplay issues and the fact that the broken economy makes affording charms a *****.

=.=; No he didn't he suggested to her that that may be better then the 'game is dead'. If you read what she said, she said the game was broken hence that it was dead.
    The other just spams that the 'game is dead' I swear I have headaches leading to a facepalm. b:laugh

Nope.

Really if someone stated that on the forum, I'd have to say it would be deleted.

The game is dead. The game is DEAD dead. DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD

You wouldn't mark it as spam.

Another thing is that the mentioning of other games is prohibited and was banneble.

Anyone else see Born_Free sig? lol, tho I do wish I could play it.

_
    Merge if you can. Seeing as deleting the above post is unable to delete on my end.

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i could ask why you bother to post anti-anti-topics, rather than just play the game (are you so addicted, that you need to defend it, like something very important in your life? etc etc) but i will just post competent article about subject:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282 b:cute
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Shalis - Harshlands
    Shalis - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i could ask why you bother to post anti-anti-topics, rather than just play the game (are you so addicted, that you need to defend it, like something very important in your life? etc etc) but i will just post competent article about subject:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282 b:cute

there is such thing as work/school etc where those who enjoy the game are not able to log in and spend their time playing it. During those times, these individuals who enjoy PWI will often come on the forums to see whats ongoing in the community and to get their pwi fix.

It makes perfectly sense for someone who enjoys the game to visit and participate in the forums.

it makes no sense for someone who claims the game is dead (i.e.: no one plays it) and that they don't play it no longer for them to continue to come to the forums months and years afterwards simply to bash that game that supposedly is dead.

but then again i often have troubles grasping your logic paramedic.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As for the whole sig thing, makes the forums much more colorful. Considering what the forums have to offer(threads like yours) I would say our sigs are as lively and attractive as most things here. Some beleive the sig and some don't, I don't care. BUT those who complain about sig(you) don't seem to grasp the concept of DEAD = BROKEN.

The argument of this being a broken game can go on for millions of posts because everything is based on each persons perspective. In other words...no real right answer.

Also, I enjoy skimming the forums 24/7 to find threads like these and reply to them even though I completely hate doing it...wait uh?

So basically it's:

*I fail at game so I take it out on others with annoying sig and troll posts?*

The filter I use to block these sigs blocks any image that person may put in their sig in the future. By being annoying: people censor themselves.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If only there were a set of forums for PWI that were frequented by people who played the game.

Then there could be a seperate forum ( this one ) for:

People who quit playing the game, but insist on telling us how to play it

People who play 36 hours a day, and insist on telling us how to play it

People who proudly proclaim they quit the game a year ago, and insist on telling us how to play it

People who whine and moan about every single aspect of the game, and insist on telling us how to play it

People who spend all their time talking about the *other* game(s), and insist that we don't play it with *them*

People who have turned Mommy's VISA card into an immensely overpowered char, leeched on to The Big Faction, and whose entire gaming life involves mocking those who aren't members of The Big Faction

IJS
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    So basically it's:

*I fail at game so I take it out on others with annoying sig and troll posts?*

No, its each persons perspective. In other words...no real right answer.

Christ, some people. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3