Question about this game is dead

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No, its each persons perspective. In other words...no real right answer.

Christ, some people. >.>

So you're saying you're not sure if you fail at the game?

I really don't get what you annoying people are trying to say. Either game is dead or it isn't, well it obviously isn't.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    there is such thing as work/school etc where those who enjoy the game are not able to log in and spend their time playing it. During those times, these individuals who enjoy PWI will often come on the forums to see whats ongoing in the community and to get their pwi fix.

It makes perfectly sense for someone who enjoys the game to visit and participate in the forums.

it makes no sense for someone who claims the game is dead (i.e.: no one plays it) and that they don't play it no longer for them to continue to come to the forums months and years afterwards simply to bash that game that supposedly is dead.

but then again i often have troubles grasping your logic paramedic.

there is no logic, in your logic.

why there is no sense, for someone who claims, the game is dead, to paricipate in forums? those people still play the game or played it in near past (and liked it).

these are not random people from street, who just join forums to rage for fun.

both groups of players are (or were), clearly, attached to game, but one group is just angry.

first paragraph of your post, fits 'game is dead' group as well.

but yeah, there is no logic, in your logic..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    So you're saying you're not sure if you fail at the game?

I really don't get what you annoying people are trying to say. Either game is dead or it isn't, well it obviously isn't.

The game is broken. It has nothing to with whether or not I, or anyone else for that matter, fails at the game. 800k Gold price =/= alive, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because I enjoy doing it. Seeing threads like this is a big payoff for me.

Whenever somebody gets frustrated at us, it usually means because they are trying to defend and justify their decision to spend immense amounts of time and money on this broken game. By desperately trying to defend it, they are admitting that somewhere deep down inside they realize just how much they've been screwed and just how much they've lost.

Also I enjoy seeing threads by potential new players so I can dissuade them from playing. I did one just yesterday, it felt good.

Also I enjoy mocking the people that still play and "love" this game that know so little about it. For example Yulk.
    edited January 2011
    The game is broken. It has nothing to with whether or not I, or anyone else for that matter, fails at the game. 800k Gold price =/= alive, ijs.

why do you bother to argue hun? he told you, that he dont get what you are trying to say. pat him on back and buy him ice cream instead.
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Whenever somebody gets frustrated at us, it usually means because they are trying to defend and justify their decision to spend immense amounts of time and money on this broken game. By desperately trying to defend it, they are admitting that somewhere deep down inside they realize just how much they've been screwed and just how much they've lost.

Also I enjoy seeing threads by potential new players so I can dissuade them from playing. I did one just yesterday, it felt good.

Also I enjoy mocking the people that still play and "love" this game that know so little about it. For example Yulk.
    Well then, since you enjoy preventing others from playing, there's significant amount of newbie posts in Beginner's Guide, and every single class forum from people starting out wanting to know what/how to play, who I'm sure are just dying to hear your internet martyr story, and I don't see your posts. If your goal is to dissuade people from playing, and you enjoy doing it as much as possible, posting on topics from someone who already seemed to not want to play seems a bit like pushing over a kid who's already lost his balance. I'm greatly disappointed. You have some work to do -- now shoo, go save them from the evil PWI and players who actually enjoy the game. b:chuckle
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

You'd be an idiot to expect PWE to lower that gold price. BM's, and Sins claim to make 5-6m coin / hour during double drops (casters really aren't far off from this if at all either). By sitting at home playing: we're able to make about minimum wage. Some could play 16 hours a day and sell their coin for cash and not have to work even on single drops. PWE has made accommodations to those who aren't making that kind of coin per hour with things like the weapon token quests, those starter packs that eventually need a hammer, reduced price used equips (they could have made bound), and even BH100. They continually **** over their cash shoppers with deals like the rank sale, mount sale, while they continually pour gravy to the non CS merchants who exploit these sales. There's an excellent balance of power between CS'ers and non, so wth is broke?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    read bolded and you will see that you derailed your post by posting this on the game forum which asked the question why stick around when "this game is dead". you said you do not need to sit there all day and yet you do you spend all your time on here because you reply instantly to most posts and go on for hours on end with people in arguements again like you said there are other forums out there that have nothing to do with games yet you still stick around here where its OMG WHAT DO YOU KNOW A GAME YOU KEEP CALLING DEAD.

Wow, are you dense? Or does your mind work in slow motion? Honestly, I haven't been on these forums for more than 10 tor 15 minutes each day for that past 2-3 weeks or longer?

Seriously... Also, search how many times I've actually used the term "the game is dead".

Either you're trolling me or you're just a few steps lower on the evolutionary ladder.

b:bye

BTW, there have been quite a few days recently where I haven't come here at all.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2011

^ This ^

Plus, I do it because I can, and it is funny to see people rage over what I type. I don't make you read my posts. I don't make you reply to them either. Don't like what I type, then do what a known former player used to say all the time: "Suck it up, cupcake."

Rage more please.

Oh yeah.....

One more thing.....

Game is dead.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ^ This ^

Plus, I do it because I can, and it is funny to see people rage over what I type. I don't make you read my posts. I don't make you reply to them either. Don't like what I type, then do what a known former player used to say all the time: "Suck it up, cupcake."

Rage more please.

Oh yeah.....

One more thing.....

Game is dead.
    Gotta respect confidence -- you're obviously a moron and make only **** posts with the least amount of intelligence but at least you're proud of it. Fist bump? b:victory
  • X_cupcakes_x - Archosaur
    X_cupcakes_x - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol i have a question for you guys with the this game is dead siggy people. Why do you bother hiding around the forum if you quit the game already and are saying its dead? whats the point of you bothering sticking your nose where you say you dont wanna be but put yourself 24/7?

+1 b:cute

"Suck it up, cupcake."

NO YOU! b:beatenup
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Bela Lugosi's dead.

Fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The forum and posting itself is fun but that sig is annoying (the flashing) and erroneous (many people still play). Mabey if it was one poster using it and they didn't post often it might be overlooked but due to the number of persons using it and the number of times they post it becomes "viral".
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yes, forums are just for talking, and they don't necessarily have to be associated with a game, or whatever.

But this forum is DEDICATED to this "dead" game. And from what I've seen, you "game-is-dead" people post mostly in GAME-RELATED topics. o_o So...yeah.

And I don't know about "defending" this game...it definitely is broken, but I still love playing it with my friends. I don't waste money on this game, and neither do my friends, so it's not any sort of issue.

But anyway, stating a fact is not necessarily "defending" something - the game is obviously NOT dead. It's definitely not a "perfect world", there are so many flaws to it, but it's also definitely not "dead".

Now...if you guys mean "the game is dead - to me", as in, you've disowned it and so forth, then hell, scream it to the heavens. But proclaiming in game-related threads, to people asking for help on a game that isn't dead, "the game is dead"...that's just stupid. It's not dead. People are still playing it, spending money (however foolish that may or may not be), and having fun.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
    edited January 2011
    Yes, forums are just for talking, and they don't necessarily have to be associated with a game, or whatever.

But this forum is DEDICATED to this "dead" game. And from what I've seen, you "game-is-dead" people post mostly in GAME-RELATED topics. o_o So...yeah.

And I don't know about "defending" this game...it definitely is broken, but I still love playing it with my friends. I don't waste money on this game, and neither do my friends, so it's not any sort of issue.

But anyway, stating a fact is not necessarily "defending" something - the game is obviously NOT dead. It's definitely not a "perfect world", there are so many flaws to it, but it's also definitely not "dead".

Now...if you guys mean "the game is dead - to me", as in, you've disowned it and so forth, then hell, scream it to the heavens. But proclaiming in game-related threads, to people asking for help on a game that isn't dead, "the game is dead"...that's just stupid. It's not dead. People are still playing it, spending money (however foolish that may or may not be), and having fun.

you dont understand 'game is dead' term

and you argue about it..

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    you crearly dont understand 'game is dead' term

and you argue about it..

Indeed, I "crearly" don't. Lol.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    i corrected that b:surrender

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    *giggles* It made me laugh, I'm sorry. XD
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    i just wanted to look smart once b:shutup

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    PWE has made accommodations to those who aren't making that kind of coin per hour with things like the weapon token quests, those starter packs that eventually need a hammer, reduced price used equips (they could have made bound), and even BH100.

Weapon Tokens that have a 50/50 chance of giving you the Mold or 2 Mirages and sell for next to nothing, what about them? The Pefect Iron Hammer and 50/80 Supply stash is a nightmare for non-cashshoppers. I NPCed mine when I reached level 50 because it was a huge waste of limited inventory space, strike two. I admit, the 2m reward from BH is a nice treat, but it isn't in any way a viable "accommodation" for non-CSers. Firstly, it's available to everyone who reaches 100. I have 1 lvl 100 character; my cashopping friends have 4 or so. Secondly, the chance of actually obtaining the 2m reward is slimmer than a model on a strict no-food diet.
    They continually **** over their cash shoppers with deals like the rank sale, mount sale, while they continually pour gravy to the non CS merchants who exploit these sales. There's an excellent balance of power between CS'ers and non, so wth is broke?

I don't know where this thought came to exist, but it's outrageous. First it's 5.0 Venos > everything and now this, right. Lets not forget the packs and packs and packs PWE decides to throw at this game. Speaking from a non-cashshoppers PoV, they're terrible. They've upped gold prices to the point where I don't even check anymore, which, in turn, raises the price of everything else. PWE decided to implement the TW Reward change thereby withdrawing more weekly income for hard-working factions. Srsly, do you thnk about the replies you make, or are you just responding on impulse?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Actually, as much as I don't like to agree with Tweakz on anything, he's got a point with the "they continuously **** over CS'ers" with sales...They end up paying full price for something (like...Goldmane Lion mounts, for instance. Remember when they were so rare and expensive? People would pay millions upon millions. Then they came out on sale = screwed over).

Rank sale, same thing, though rank equip wasn't all that abundant before the sale.

However - I don't think there is a balance, at all. Just buying Gold with cash and reselling it for coins gives non-CS'ers a huge disadvantage.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Actually, as much as I don't like to agree with Tweakz on anything, he's got a point with the "they continuously **** over CS'ers" with sales...They end up paying full price for something (like...Goldmane Lion mounts, for instance. Remember when they were so rare and expensive? People would pay millions upon millions. Then they came out on sale = screwed over).

this is invalid point. everyone could get goldmane/gear etc
    they 'screwed' everyone.

also, his argument about merchant is silly also.
    merchant in this game, is not proof, for love, for f2p people (how many players merchant actually? 1%? 0.1%?)

it is just another tool, to make gold price higher (which isnt **** cs'ers at all).

prob with posters like tweakz, janus or yulk is that, they always confuse 'causes' with 'effects' or read intentions wrongly.
    thats not so bad maybe. everyone can make mistake.

but seems they are unable to reconsider own views.. and that can be annoying..

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    -Theoretically-, yes, everyone "could" get the lion mount, but since they came from packs, and the chance of getting one was very, very rare, only the CS'ers or non-CS'er-extreeeeeeme merchants could afford to buy so many packs to have a decent chance at getting one, OR just pay the extremely high price to buy the mount from a player.

And I totally agree with your last statement, which is why I hate being able to see his point of view. >_>'
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    -Theoretically-, yes, everyone "could" get the lion mount, but since they came from packs, and the chance of getting one was very, very rare, only the CS'ers or non-CS'er-extreeeeeeme merchants could afford to buy so many packs to have a decent chance at getting one, OR just pay the extremely high price to buy the mount from a player.

And I totally agree with your last statement, which is why I hate being able to see his point of view. >_>'

I bought a Goldmane when they were rare. Said Goldmane is now worth less than my Necklace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Game has gone downhill, I can say that much. I still play due to the expansion coming in 7 weeks or so, it actually caught my interests again........however....

People have indeed quit, I'm sure a lot of ppl here have or had friends they use to log on daily, to only find most have left the game by now. My FL is pretty.......inactive. lol

Any major CSer or decent merchant will still enjoy the game, in most cases.

Safe to probably say that the rank sale caused a small exodus, at least on HT it seems it did.

Point is, PWi does something and ppl will positively or negatively react to it. Can't please everyone, but no one can avoid getting screwed by them either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited January 2011
    -Theoretically-, yes, everyone "could" get the lion mount, but since they came from packs, and the chance of getting one was very, very rare, only the CS'ers or non-CS'er-extreeeeeeme merchants could afford to buy so many packs to have a decent chance at getting one, OR just pay the extremely high price to buy the mount from a player.'

thats not just theory.

there are extreme cs'ers and there are super farmers and merchants.
    there are casual cs'ers and casual farmers/merchants.

lately, making 200m per week, wasnt anything new for me. i could get more, if i had time to play more.

i bet, those extreme no-csers, can pull even 500m per week.

tweakz, would say that it is fair.
    but i will tell that it is not cs'ers, who suffer from this 'balance'- but all other players.

and when they add sale, they **** everyone ;)

• Martiin - Archosaur
    Martiin - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As someone said before, the fact that threads like these exist means the goal of the original creator was fulfilled. If it was not their goal, then it was the goal of some players who wear it.

The concept of this thread is basically like this.

You see a billboard saying, "Toyota's are better then Honda's."
    You then proceed to park on the side of the road, call the company
    that funded the billboard and continue to tell them that they are wrong
    because YOU drive a Honda.

If you don't agree....don't say we are wrong but discussing it is indeed open.

Like I mentioned before, its all perspective of the individual, no right answer.

i.e. Someone who bought rank 8 spent hundreds of dollars more then someone
    who may have bought it now. Who got screwed? But I am considering ONLY the
    financial aspect, not the fact that the early rank 8 had fun one-shotting people for
    months before the other person got rank 8 cheap.

P.S. does anyone else use spell check so that people don't ignore your entire
    post and just point out the fact that you can't spell. Cause spelling is serious business.
    (anonymous) "If pwi brings out rank sale again, I will def increase my spending limit." Marketing, learn it, master it, and after that stop complaining about it.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    But you are wrong, in a way. Dead, as a word in the English language, applied to a game, would mean that no one plays the game at all (que mental image : deserted cities, no WC spammers - NOTHING going on, nobody playing).

If you don't mean ^ that, then why use the word dead? As Kritty said, wouldn't the better word be "broken"? You don't get to change the meaning of a word just because you want to. Dead means dead. Broken means all the things people complain about.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    But you are wrong, in a way. Dead, as a word in the English language, applied to a game, would mean that no one plays the game at all (que mental image : deserted cities, no WC spammers - NOTHING going on, nobody playing).

If you don't mean ^ that, then why use the word dead? As Kritty said, wouldn't the better word be "broken"? You don't get to change the meaning of a word just because you want to. Dead means dead. Broken means all the things people complain about.

love, it is just metaphor :P

there is no 'game' in game left; reason to play was killed; game is dead

• Martiin - Archosaur
    Martiin - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    love, it is just metaphor :P

there is no 'game' in game left; reason to play was killed; game is dead

@kat I don't know why you bring that up like others have. I beleive it has been explained. Another good example is poetry. Sometimes the word used is explaining something else and is NOT the direct meaning of the word. I am not sure why this seems confusing.

From dictionary.com
    Metaphor:something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.

That should clear things up.
    (anonymous) "If pwi brings out rank sale again, I will def increase my spending limit." Marketing, learn it, master it, and after that stop complaining about it.