Higher than 105

Options
abattlewalrus
abattlewalrus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Why is there gear in game that requires levels higher than 105 when 105 is the max level?

Are they going to expand the game later to allow people to go higher than 105?

Sorry kinda new
Post edited by abattlewalrus on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The original plan max lv is higher than 105 but it's unfinished . . (maybe only f2p version)
    Which why some end game high lv quest, npc, items, feature, is left unfinished and instances that mean for higher lv didn't work as what originally planned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The original, P2P version of the game had lvl cap of 150.
    The F2P versions are reduced in size overal (the original map itself was aLOT bigger in the P2P version to)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • abattlewalrus
    abattlewalrus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Original P2P meaning the chinese perfect world

This is perfect world II correct

According to PWE's website anyway
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Original P2P meaning the chinese perfect world

This is perfect world II correct

According to PWE's website anyway

The original P2P version is shut down if I remember correct
    PWII is the chinese F2P version
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    WTS lvl110 hp and mp pots b:avoid
  • Vratix - Archosaur
    Vratix - Archosaur Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yea I'm level 860 it just doesn't show the 0 for some reason
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Coded hard cap would be 150, but as you can see, we only have one person at level 105, and a handful at 103, no sense in having a 150 open world.
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    SaiIorMoon - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    there's more than one 105.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    there's more than one 105.

There is one 105 and two 104. On this game, anyway.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ranking
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Off topic but:

Anyone know why they stopped P2P? I wouldve loved, L O V E D....to play that.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The original, P2P version of the game had lvl cap of 150.
    The F2P versions are reduced in size overal (the original map itself was aLOT bigger in the P2P version to)

this couldn't be more wrong

the cap was never 150, not even in the original p2p version. 150 is a test level for gm's - if you've ever seen the code you'll even see a very large number of quest requiring level 150 to even start. they give test items.

the map was never larger, get that out of your head. there's a lot of unreleased test areas away from the main map that don't have a walking surface on them(ie: there's an image of the model there, but it's like a large block. can't walk on it).

where's your source? mine's in the change logs, development logs/blogs, and within the the source files.b:bye

also: chinese pw is at level 120 cap. they will only increase it when a large amount of players reach it. as it is, nobody is aiming for it, like 101 is the very end of the game.

there's 49 more levels, sirs.
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yes the Chinese Level cap is 120 but I've never seen anyone higher than 105 there :/
    Try to hit 102 as well you need around 280 Million (280'000'000) from 101 to 102...
    You can make another Lvl 101 Character with it xD
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Fresh_Aire - Dreamweaver
    Fresh_Aire - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    blah blah blah.

Someone is on a very, very high horse. Would you like to come down before you get frostbite, sir?
    Once I was a Werebeast named T/\nk.

Now the game is no longer fun. I'm retired.
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    SaiIorMoon - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

b:surrender I could have swore someone mentioned a 105 on some pve server.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Someone is on a very, very high horse. Would you like to come down before you get frostbite, sir?

Right. lol. Thats what I was thinking.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yes the Chinese Level cap is 120 but I've never seen anyone higher than 105 there :/
    Try to hit 102 as well you need around 280 Million (280'000'000) from 101 to 102...
    You can make another Lvl 101 Character with it xD

it was only raised to 120 recently, there's thousands at 105 though. 104 -> 105 is 1.75b exp, i could outlevel you 100 times with that. was it worth it? some of us would do anything for a few extra stat points.

i don't like false information being spread as fact. people in this game plague these forums with what they think is true and will argue it to be fact. ugh. more commonly displayed as "my friend said.." - if all of your friends lie to you this much, get new friends. b:shutup
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

My mistake, Last I checked, there was no level 104 characters. b:shocked
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    this couldn't be more wrong

the cap was never 150, not even in the original p2p version. 150 is a test level for gm's - if you've ever seen the code you'll even see a very large number of quest requiring level 150 to even start. they give test items.

the map was never larger, get that out of your head. there's a lot of unreleased test areas away from the main map that don't have a walking surface on them(ie: there's an image of the model there, but it's like a large block. can't walk on it).

where's your source? mine's in the change logs, development logs/blogs, and within the the source files.b:bye

also: chinese pw is at level 120 cap. they will only increase it when a large amount of players reach it. as it is, nobody is aiming for it, like 101 is the very end of the game.

there's 49 more levels, sirs.

cite the sources you claim to have. if you dont then you are as full of BS as he is and should **** while your behind.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cite the sources you claim to have. if you dont then you are as full of BS as he is and should **** while your behind.

He mentioned sources.
    Besides, saying something is exactly as it appears doesn't need as much backing as these accusations everyone else is making.

People claiming that the map was larger and that the level cap was 150 have showed no proof, they simply made the statement early in the thread and for some reason it's snowballed into being fact.

Until someone can prove the argument that the game is otherwise from what it appears to be right now, it doesnt exist.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Actually game files have up to level 151 already coded in, but obviously not in use; ijs.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What Traz said.

This is also the reason that the 100 --> 105 Exp requirement is so rediculous.

The exp calculates to that point of 151, but the level calculates till 105.

So this basically means....when 105, you actually leveld to 151 exp wise.

if you check the exp growth from lvl 80 - 98 you will see a constant growth. But, then all of a sudden it doubles up more and more.

Logically thinking you should also realize that this exp can;t be true for that level. cause if the original gamecode is programmed for lvl 151 cap. then....that would be what? 557.669.400.000 exp for lvl 120-121... Sure...makes sense...
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver68
    Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver68 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What Traz said.

This is also the reason that the 100 --> 105 Exp requirement is so rediculous.

The exp calculates to that point of 151, but the level calculates till 105.

So this basically means....when 105, you actually leveld to 151 exp wise.

if you check the exp growth from lvl 80 - 98 you will see a constant growth. But, then all of a sudden it doubles up more and more.

Logically thinking you should also realize that this exp can;t be true for that level. cause if the original gamecode is programmed for lvl 151 cap. then....that would be what? 557.669.400.000 exp for lvl 120-121... Sure...makes sense...

The in game code has from 104+ all 1.75 billion experience per level. But we also lack all the instances for experience in that span. I heard about an instance in the level 120s that gives 235m experience to complete (don't quote me anyone can confirm?). Just using that as an example that getting to 150 isn't such as crazy as it sounds even with 1.75 billion exp to level.
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The in game code has from 104+ all 1.75 billion experience per level. But we also lack all the instances for experience in that span. I heard about an instance in the level 120s that gives 235m experience to complete (don't quote me anyone can confirm?). Just using that as an example that getting to 150 isn't such as crazy as it sounds even with 1.75 billion exp to level.

Well i figured the growth rate would be explainable that way, cause that about makes sense with the previous growth in EXP needed per level. Calculating that through, you end up with about the same amount, thus i figured that 2 be the case. But i do not have any code sources or anything 2 confirm that. Its a calculation that made me sorta guess on that, to explain it for myself as to why its shoots up that much all of a sudden..

Well for what i heard 104 to 105 is around 4.2 Billion, but i cannot confirm that atm. But even if it would be 1.75 Billion per level till 151, there should indeed be some insane Instances, because with the current games mechanics and options to gain exp, which are really high, its not going to come even close 2 getting there.
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver68
    Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver68 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well i figured the growth rate would be explainable that way, cause that about makes sense with the previous growth in EXP needed per level. Calculating that through, you end up with about the same amount, thus i figured that 2 be the case. But i do not have any code sources or anything 2 confirm that. Its a calculation that made me sorta guess on that, to explain it for myself as to why its shoots up that much all of a sudden..

Well for what i heard 104 to 105 is around 4.2 Billion, but i cannot confirm that atm. But even if it would be 1.75 Billion per level till 151, there should indeed be some insane Instances, because with the current games mechanics and options to gain exp, which are really high, its not going to come even close 2 getting there.

102 -> 103 = 535m
    103 -> 104 = 1.35b
    104 -> 105 = 1.75b
    105,....,151 = 1.75b

Don't get me wrong it's just the current chart and not saying that it's 100% accurate or wouldn't be changed if the levels really went into effect but that's what it is for now.
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yea I'm level 860 it just doesn't show the 0 for some reason

Because you ... are the 0 (zero)....

(just kidding) b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For what it's worth, I believe prof (to the extent that it matters). Some things in pwdatabase will point you to NPCs who exist only in "Test map ###" or some other nonexistant place. These NPCs, apparently, will sell very awesome items. It seems to me like a feature that would only be designed for a GM to use.

As for the level cap? Of course they'll lift it... eventually. And the way they're going to lift it is in increments of 15. From 105 to 120... from 120 to 135... and finally from 135 to 150.

The "soft caps" should go down, too... when 120 becomes the hard cap, 105 will become the soft cap as 90 is now. When hard cap goes to 135, soft cap goes to 120... etc.

No, I don't have a source for any of this - it's just my own personal speculation. But really, with 45 levels to go, doesn't that sound like the most sensible way to split it up? That's three new expansions' worth right there (provided they actually get off their butts and make content for said levels).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Off topic but:

PWI wanted to make money.

LOL.

Nothing to be made in P2P when you can make it F2P P2W.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why is there gear in game that requires levels higher than 105 when 105 is the max level?

Are they going to expand the game later to allow people to go higher than 105?

Sorry kinda new

Lvl cap is 105 ... uncapped is 150.

Next gen is still going to be capped at lvl 105 so no rush, unless you wish too.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Ryiah - Heavens Tear
    Ryiah - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Competition. Amongst other selections, a certain Blizzard product was in China starting around mid-2005. I believe the P2P version was simply a failure compared to everything their competitors offered. And thus they re-released as a F2P product.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It is not true that Chinese p2p version closed, it's alive and kicking. b:victory