Demon Revive

zeezie123
zeezie123 Posts: 22 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Cleric
just confirmation: is it true that demon revive doesn't lose any exp? i only see reduce chanelling O.O
Post edited by zeezie123 on

Comments

• Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Demon revive will give no exp loss on target same with sage revive.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Level 11 rez = no xp loss. Sage = slow channel but greater distance rez, Demon = half channeling time rez.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2010
    I believe both also bring the person revived back with full hp and mp but I havne't confirmed this yet.

Anyone want to donate 25m and I'll let ya know b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They don't come back with full hp/mp. They should though :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I believe both also bring the person revived back with full hp and mp but I havne't confirmed this yet.

Anyone want to donate 25m and I'll let ya know b:chuckle

No, description is wrong.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    Triage_ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thought this might be good place to get an opinion related to rez level......If someone gave me demon rez I would be grateful, but on my server I see it being sold for 15mil. Why would I ever spend that much on a skill that does not benefit me at all....In fact I would argue that its has a negative effect on my life. When people expect you to have rez 10 they are already careless, cause they can just get a rez. If they can get a rez and loose absolutely nothing why would they be careful and careless dd/tanks are the primary cause of cleric death (Not really sure if that is true but it sounds good and makes my pointb:pleased)

I had someone die 5 times due to their own carelessness in fc and then realize they were loosing exp (only rez 9)....they told me "dont buy any more hypers until you get rez 10" I have told many people before that they are luck its 9 consider that little sting a gentle reminder of what I loose each time I die.....Never said I was a cleric because I like people, I just like the attention:) jk
    edited December 2010
    If you like the attention, you need to get sage/demon rez asap :P
    It's pricey, but eh. I bought it 'cause if someone dies, there's always the possibility that it was my fault and not theirs, and they shouldn't have to pay for me being distracted/lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    I agree with you on the feeling a bit bad when I do make a mistake...I am pretty good about being focused but it does happen. I would say its pretty equal though when I die due to others carelessness. Its always interesting sometimes I feel like the other toons are their to protect me and other times I actually have to type "hey get this shi......nevermind Im dead:)"
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Thought this might be good place to get an opinion related to rez level......If someone gave me demon rez I would be grateful, but on my server I see it being sold for 15mil. Why would I ever spend that much on a skill that does not benefit me at all....In fact I would argue that its has a negative effect on my life. When people expect you to have rez 10 they are already careless, cause they can just get a rez. If they can get a rez and loose absolutely nothing why would they be careful and careless dd/tanks are the primary cause of cleric death (Not really sure if that is true but it sounds good and makes my pointb:pleased)

I had someone die 5 times due to their own carelessness in fc and then realize they were loosing exp (only rez 9)....they told me "dont buy any more hypers until you get rez 10" I have told many people before that they are luck its 9 consider that little sting a gentle reminder of what I loose each time I die.....Never said I was a cleric because I like people, I just like the attention:) jk

I'll get demon rez when I find 15-20 mil that I can't put into gear/refines/shards. Otherwise, I don't give three ****s if someone wants 11 vs 10. b:cute
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'll get demon rez when I find 15-20 mil that I can't put into gear/refines/shards. Otherwise, I don't give three ****s if someone wants 11 vs 10. b:cute
    +1 b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i was never planning to get lvl 11 res but meh saw the mysterious pages and thought like why not try a gamble payed 5mil ended up getting rev 11 lol =x did it later again ended up with lvl11 IH guess i was lucky b:chuckle but i gotta admit i love the sage rev. the distance is rly good when im in runs like tt3-3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I love the sage rez distance in Nirvana... especially when doing runner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Things people expect from classes to Nirvana are:

Bms/Sin/Archer - 3.33 +aps - 200mil
    Veno - Herc - 120 mil
    Barb - nothing specific, just refines to tank. Usually means lvl 11 FR, too.

Cleric - lvl 11 rez - 18 mil.

For some classes gear and weapon aren't nearly as important as for other classes. For clerics, weapons and gear just have to be good enough to survive random aggro and aoes. Of course, more is better, but no one is looking for Nirvana'd gear and weapons as a pre-req to Nirvana, and everyone needs a cleric.

Clerics spend a buttload on GAs but even with 18 mil revive it still is one of the cheapest classes. I know it "doesn't help you at all" but it gets you into Nirvana squad, so it can easily pay itself back.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Clerics spend a buttload on GAs but even with 18 mil revive it still is one of the cheapest classes. I know it "doesn't help you at all" but it gets you into Nirvana squad, so it can easily pay itself back.

Clerics shouldn't need a 'buttload' of GAs for Nirvana. I have, just barely, 4k HP unbuffed and can go through Nirvana just fine without dying. My charm ticks from random aggro, but that's what it's for. Combine it with food, defense charms and AD, and chances of death go down even farther.

Sometimes I actually wish I could de- level my res and let people lose exp. Even level 10 res losses exp; if you want to be careless, lose that exp.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's great partying with clerics with lvl11 rez, but to be honest, even if I found a demon revive book sitting at my feet, I'd probably just AH it and do something else with the money =.=
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Things people expect from classes to Nirvana are:

Cleric - lvl 11 rez - 18 mil.

Still not giving three ****s... b:bye
    It's great partying with clerics with lvl11 rez, but to be honest, even if I found a demon revive book sitting at my feet, I'd probably just AH it and do something else with the money =.=

Excellent choice. I'd also invest the money in something far wiser. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm a little confused why some posters are playing the *only* healing class in the game, when they seem to have such an aversion to helping people or doing things for team benefit. Every class has a part to play, and now and then it involves sacrifice. Barbs have repair costs from tanking, venos have long hours spent grinding for Herc, etc. If you consider other expenses to be more beneficial to your char, fine... but if you have such a hate towards saving other players that you wish to delevel your rez to make them lose XP, you shouldn't be playing a fricken healer.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    gelnd wrote: »
    I'm a little confused why some posters are playing the *only* healing class in the game, when they seem to have such an aversion to helping people or doing things for team benefit. Every class has a part to play, and now and then it involves sacrifice. Barbs have repair costs from tanking, venos have long hours spent grinding for Herc, etc. If you consider other expenses to be more beneficial to your char, fine... but if you have such a hate towards saving other players that you wish to delevel your rez to make them lose XP, you shouldn't be playing a fricken healer.

Because we can play however we like b:bye

I personally wish I could pick and choose to whom I grant level 10 res...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I will put it this way: the only reason why I'm going to get demon res is for the reduced channeling time. With it, I can get people up faster and reduce the risk of something going horribly wrong while I'm ressing. It's not for your ****ing exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • gelnd
    edited December 2010
    *shrugs* Sure, play however and whatever you like, I don't really give a ****. I just think it's amusing when people spend the immense amount of time leveling a char, all the while bishing about doing what their class is designed to do. If you didn't want to be a healer, you could have picked one of the options that wasn't cleric... in other words, every other class in the game. ;) Luckily, for every bitter, self-impressed "wish I wasn't a cleric" cleric out there, I've had the pleasure of working with many more helpful, truly fun healers.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    *shrugs* Sure, play however and whatever you like, I don't really give a ****. I just think it's amusing when people spend the immense amount of time leveling a char, all the while bishing about doing what their class is designed to do. If you didn't want to be a healer, you could have picked one of the options that wasn't cleric... in other words, every other class in the game. ;) Luckily, for every bitter, self-impressed "wish I wasn't a cleric" cleric out there, I've had the pleasure of working with many more helpful, truly fun healers.

I never said I disliked being a cleric :3

You'd do well not to draw assumptions and generalize ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gelnd
    edited December 2010
    I never said I disliked being a cleric :3

You'd do well not to draw assumptions and generalize ^.^

I draw logical conclusions from what people write. ;) If they don't want certain conclusions being drawn about them, they'd do well to consider what they've written before they post it. :P
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    I draw logical conclusions from what people write. ;) If they don't want certain conclusions being drawn about them, they'd do well to consider what they've written before they post it. :P

Fair enough. Nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

I can say that I picked a cleric long before there were packs and things that facilitated getting higher-level skills. As such, level 11 res was a luxury that wasn't afforded to everyone since the only way to get it was through drops in FB99 (of which there weren't any 99s on the server); and, as such, did not factor in my decision-making process. But, meh, let's go with "bitter and self-impressed." I like that better. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I miss been level 92, with level 1 res :(

So much fun, offering my res'ing services to anyone and everyone...
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    I am relatively new to game and forums but I think the Glenben person is what is called a troll:) Arguing and commenting just to get a rise from people. As to being a cleric I originally chose it to have something to do....Everyone generally needs us so it gives me options on the game so I don't spend my gaming experience sitting on my thumb.

Oddly enough i have found myself buffing the random noob outside of a starter town cause I remember what it was like to have added defense and attack in those early stages.....think of it as playing it forward. My only real issue with "being a cleric" is the people who either....

A- expect me to be able to heal their stupidity which often gets me killed because they are careless.....knowing if they die they get a rez making them not loose any experience

Or

B- those who do not protect me......if a mob comes after me the bm or tank had better be doing their damnedest to cover my ***. These are the ones that I would get rez 11 for but more often I am a person who is expected to perform but not respected or protected.

Finally, people talk about every class having a job....this is true but many classes have no problem excluding us when we are not vital. I also had to beg and plead to get help on my fb, I could be jaded but I would hope that when a cleric asks for help they get it.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    erm im not gonna write more about it since it will just end ina discussion but yes there are stupid plp who dont deserve our lvl 10 res. and yet i will revive them and give a warning since im a cleric, i sometimes say i wish i had lvl 1 res for a certain someone but thats just as jokes i wouldnt wish anyone to get that lvl of a res. for the sake of my friends and fac i got my res. since i love them and i know they would also protect me when we do stuff together. your are all clerics having demon/sage res is not a must have but if you finished you gear get it if you can. and about the low lvl res. you would just give yourself a bad impression you kno how it goes one person tells the other than whole server knows about your low lvl res goodbye to dungeons and invs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I have demon rez as well. Kinda fell cheap in my lap. But it's used on special people only b:dirty

Stupid tards that run around getting themself or the whole squad killed aint getting my rez! They can just press the release button. I dont worry about some bad reputation I might get cause of it.
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    I am relatively new to game and forums but I think the Glenben person is what is called a troll:) Arguing and commenting just to get a rise from people. As to being a cleric I originally chose it to have something to do....Everyone generally needs us so it gives me options on the game so I don't spend my gaming experience sitting on my thumb.

Oddly enough i have found myself buffing the random noob outside of a starter town cause I remember what it was like to have added defense and attack in those early stages.....think of it as playing it forward. My only real issue with "being a cleric" is the people who either....

A- expect me to be able to heal their stupidity which often gets me killed because they are careless.....knowing if they die they get a rez making them not loose any experience

Or

B- those who do not protect me......if a mob comes after me the bm or tank had better be doing their damnedest to cover my ***. These are the ones that I would get rez 11 for but more often I am a person who is expected to perform but not respected or protected.

Finally, people talk about every class having a job....this is true but many classes have no problem excluding us when we are not vital. I also had to beg and plead to get help on my fb, I could be jaded but I would hope that when a cleric asks for help they get it.

There isn't much of a difference between an idiot and a troll, last I checked b:quiet b:chuckle
    But hey, "successful troll is successful," or whatever :D

On topic:

I think it's a wiser investment to AH/catshop a res that you get from books... or that falls into your proverbial lap b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LizardQueen - Heavens Tear
    LizardQueen - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The bonus -chan on demon rez is worth it alone and is where the benefit for you as a cleric comes in, especially compared to how much decent -chan gear goes for. Rez-ing the tank and getting his/her health up to take the agro again before the boss/mob gets you killed (read spamming genie skills and 79 skills too) saves YOUR exp and a long trip through the instance again and can prevent many a party wipe.
    But if you don't plan on doing Belial runs, SoT, or other tough instances at the higher levels, you probably won't feel like you're getting your money worth and you would be better served spending your money on fash...
  • s0mbie
    s0mbie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Don't need uber gear or lvl 11 rez for Belial. Just need two healers with decent hp (prob around 4K base) the common sense not to stand next to each other and the reflexes of a cat to hit plumes if the big man flinches. Yeah never bought rez 11 though, can't say I've ever needed it. Would do like I did with demon purify, sell it and buy guardian scrolls for when they will most likely get me killed. Dying at lvl 100+ without scrolls is just not an option.