Demon Revive

2»

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Fair enough. Nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

I can say that I picked a cleric long before there were packs and things that facilitated getting higher-level skills. As such, level 11 res was a luxury that wasn't afforded to everyone since the only way to get it was through drops in FB99 (of which there weren't any 99s on the server); and, as such, did not factor in my decision-making process. But, meh, let's go with "bitter and self-impressed." I like that better. b:pleased

So the reason you don't have rez is because about a year and a half ago people couldn't afford it, and you're stuck in that time period and have not evolved your character since then?

Personally, I usually only run my cleric with friends, so lvl 11 rez is a priority. In fact, my priorities at level 89 were lvl 90 weapon, lvl 11 rez, lvl 90 armor. I think this should be most people's priorities.
    Considering how much clerics b:cry when they have to release over the lost exp, you think they'd understand that higher rez = more useful cleric. With all the QQ about high level squads running FCC/Nirvana clericless and bp replacing clerics, buffs and rez are one of the few uses for clerics and you can get buffs before the run and then have the cleric alt leave squad.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I will use this thread for give clerics a idea for make money to get level 11 revive skill, in some servers is like 30 mill and i dont will speed that lot of money for something that i cant use in myself srry for that people.

My idea is simple lets tart selling buffs and ress, hou much are you disposed to pay for dont loss exp of get 1 hour clerics buff on some events? i think 100k for get a level 11 ress is no too much and 50k for get 1 hour buff is nothing for 9x+ people.

If each cleric in game start making this our economy will rise alot and make the game a little more fair.

I always think that clerics dont get selfrevive why that make the game umbalance (yet more than now) but mystics have that skill, so pw I want my selfrevive skill!!!!

My apologies for my bad english.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So the reason you don't have rez is because about a year and a half ago people couldn't afford it, and you're stuck in that time period and have not evolved your character since then?

No, I stopped playing my character long ago. Moreover, that post was directed at the previous one, as is evident in the quote I referenced therein. It has nothing to do with my not having res, it had to do with why I chose to play a cleric. Also, the afford I mentioned was not a financial one, it was part of the "luxury not afforded to everyone..." sentence, which had nothing to do with money. I was stating that there weren't any level 99's to justify running FB 99's.

Anyway, I already gave my reason for not having res, though I am not sure if you read it earlier. To be clear: I just never gave a damn when I could invest in better things. I merchant-ed significant amounts of income once packs first started and continued to do so till the day I retired my cleric. It's not like I was unable to afford lvl 11 res. I just could list more things that I wanted to do, gear-wise, with the money.

b:bye
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In fact, my priorities at level 89 were lvl 90 weapon, lvl 11 rez, lvl 90 armor. I think this should be most people's priorities.
    Gotta disagree with you here. I do not share your order of priorities in this respect. May have something to do with the fact that I do not party a lot.
    Considering how much clerics b:cry when they have to release over the lost exp, you think they'd understand that higher rez = more useful cleric.
    Uh, what? Having a higher level revive will solve the problem of a cleric complaining about having to release how exactly? o.o Not understanding this point.

Not saying a cleric should forsake learning lv11 revive just that it depends on the circumstances of the cleric. If they are able to get squads at the drop of a hat then by all means put obtaining lv11 revive at the top of your MUST GET ASAP list. Demon revive is fairly low on my list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Gotta disagree with you here. I do not share your order of priorities in this respect. May have something to do with the fact that I do not party a lot.

Uh, what? Having a higher level revive will solve the problem of a cleric complaining about having to release how exactly? o.o Not understanding this point.

Not saying a cleric should forsake learning lv11 revive just that it depends on the circumstances of the cleric. If they are able to get squads at the drop of a hat then by all means put obtaining lv11 revive at the top of your MUST GET ASAP list. Demon revive is fairly low on my list.
    I agree.

I could easily afford Demon Revive right now and my wife has it on her cleric but **** it, i have things that directly affect my gear and survivability significantly which are far more important, and other skills that benefit myself more.

Sakubatou obviously is saying this from a BM perspective of someone who wants to be rez'd faster (including some of the worst reasoning I've seen to get lvl11 revive), not from a cleric's perspective in which Demon (hell, even Sage) Revive has faaar more benefit to others than they. If I see a price of 10-12m which I've seen months ago I would buy it, but not at 20 or 30m. No. Way. In. Hell.
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if i had a cleric id get a lvl 11 revive for those that dont **** things up.

my gf is a cleric here, and i can see her suffer a lot from ppl stupidness, well she is kinda too goodhearted and still revives them with her demon rez.

i always tell her not to rez those ppl.

i wish clerics sometimes have 2 rez 1 that they lvl for friends and 1 that they use on careless idiots.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

The point I was making is that clerics talk about the sacrifices they make by releasing and losing .4-.6% exp but many don't make it a priority to save their squadmates .1% repeatedly. Considering the cleric is usually top of everyones list to be saved when things go bad, (doesn't always happen) people will sacrifice themselves so the cleric survives. Squadmates die much more often than clerics and that .1% difference between lvl 10 and lvl 11 revive really adds up. So when comparing multiple rezzes at a .1% lose and a cleric having the occasional release at .6% lose you'd think more clerics would be sympathetic.

It's been point out the last person in a squad to be attacked is usually the cleric, but getting someone rezzed quicker can save you from a death and having to release, so it helps us there.

and @ JanusZeal. I am very much talking from a clerics perspective, as well as a BMs. My cleric is a support character and so I do feel some sacrifice goes into making my cleric better for support. Lvl 11 rez doesn't help me but it makes me better support, so as a cleric that becomes my priority over refining my armor. I have a friend who is an "attack cleric" that goes so far as to always bring a second cleric in squad or he won't come along, that way he can attack. This would be true of someone who doesn't squad much, like GenericBrand pointed out. For them I can understand there priorities being gear and weapons but I think most of us have the goal of being the best support in a squad we can be.

Just can't believe that from clerics in this forum, a support class here to heal and help, all I am hearing in is "how do I benefit?"
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    usually top of everyones list to be saved when things go bad

Had to laugh at this one... some of the old schoolers that know "squad dynamics, and agro control" maybe would follow that standard..

But now that we live in an oracle/hyper gaming society...that squad logic has deminished greatly.

My most recent example is just 4 hours ago, soloing a dragoon at jailer, while everyone else tapped away at the main boss.. My group chat of a plea of help got a "lol" responce, and ofc when the 3spark happy sin went splat because I couldn't heal his squishy *** in time (i mean a dragoon in ya face, who should i save first right?) he had the ballz to tell me I need to get my demon rez.... =/

Thats just one, its a daily issue usually when I deal with WC squads.. So since thats an issue, I will toss up...20 million on a rez?...or 20 million on gear to help ME survive the new breed of idiocy..

And just an added note, if every cleric having rez is on everyone ELSES must have list, they should consider their demands, when adding a price tag to somthing they most likely got for free...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    suck it up and get a GA and res scroll.

its far less a cost than a 30m spell pple are asking of a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thank you JanusZeal and Sakubatou for clarifying.
    eyehaveyou wrote: »
    i wish clerics sometimes have 2 rez 1 that they lvl for friends and 1 that they use on careless idiots.
    That's one thing I miss from the last game I played. b:quietb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    eyehaveyou wrote: »
    if i had a cleric id get a lvl 11 revive for those that dont **** things up.

my gf is a cleric here, and i can see her suffer a lot from ppl stupidness, well she is kinda too goodhearted and still revives them with her demon rez.

i always tell her not to rez those ppl.

may i get 2 versions of my DD skills? one lvl1 that hits low and one lvl10 that hits high
    also barbs would like a lvl1 flesh ream i guess... and lvl1 hp buff for idiot clerics that dont realize that ressing is part of their squad job, not a way of "punishment" or "reward".

just like my job is to DD as much as i can, protect the cleric while I take some calculated risks to maximize efficiency

with that being said, i dont really expect a lvl11 res from a cleric (although it's nice).
    but i'm 0% anyway so w/e xd
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    may i get 2 versions of my DD skills? one lvl1 that hits low and one lvl10 that hits highGo ahead 5aps>all
    also barbs would like a lvl1 flesh ream i guessMight as well, lvl ten cant keep agro no ore anyway... and lvl1 hp buff Ya because 1k more HP make a cleric so OP right?for idiot clerics that dont realize that ressing is part of their squad job, not a way of "punishment" or "reward".By all means, come to squad in futre with mystic buff
    b:victory
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    vristion wrote: »
    may i get 2 versions of my DD skills? one lvl1 that hits low and one lvl10 that hits highGo ahead 5aps>all
    also barbs would like a lvl1 flesh ream i guessMight as well, lvl ten cant keep agro no ore anyway... and lvl1 hp buff Ya because 1k more HP make a cleric so OP right?for idiot clerics that dont realize that ressing is part of their squad job, not a way of "punishment" or "reward".By all means, come to squad in futre with mystic buff
    b:victory
    Alas, no. There's plenty of occasions where I'd wish I could have de-lvl'd a rez to 1 just to rez someone and watch how pissed off they'd get losing most of the XP they would having towned.
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well ive never planned getting demon revive, but while opening random skill books for IH (16th attempt was finally successfull ), i got this book three times. I got decent cash from two of them and when i was thinking whether should i sell or learn last one, i decided to give it a try. And i really dont regret it. I did because of its effect, ive never imagined how channel cut by half could be helpful before, but after first nirvana/3-3 with this skill i was really glad for it. Quick rez is really useful, much less chance that boss will interrupt it and i dont have to stack tank like before so who dies in my squad during killin boss, is alive in next 3 seconds, so bosses die faster. 0 exp loss is nice bonus too, but it wasnt really the reason why i learned it - since it only helps the others, not me. And i admit that if i hadnt got this book from random, i would not have learned it. I understand many clerics, that 15-20mil for this skill is way to much. (but thank god there are some people who are willing to pay this ammount of coins for it, i got decent cash from it b:laugh)
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    it s matter of perspective i guess..

if you run with people who spent few hunderts of milions on gear and buffs , to make their work in squad more efficient, then it is matter of being fair to get 11 rev imo

but i wouldnt spent 15-20m on single book, if it wasnt last one from bundle (i prefered to gamble with tokens, but i bought IH and tempest, when i had most of other skills).

now, being a cleric with 11 rez (and other support skills) dont make you instantly popular, but it shows clear message, that you value squads you work with; it show attitude of player, who contribute a lot, to make squad succeed..

some people dont care about it, others will try to abuse you - but there are those, who appreciate it.

and for those people the game is worth playing
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

if you run with people who spent few hunderts of milions on gear and buffs , to make their work in squad more efficient, then it is matter of being fair to get 11 rev imo

but i wouldnt spent 15-20m on single book, if it wasnt last one from bundle (i prefered to gamble with tokens, but i bought IH and tempest, when i had most of other skills).

now, being a cleric with 11 rez (and other support skills) dont make you instantly popular, but it shows clear message, that you value squads you work with; it show attitude of player, who contribute a lot, to make squad succeed..

some people dont care about it, others will try to abuse you - but there are those, who appreciate it.

Awesome resonse. Quoted for truth. I guess since between my barb, bm, and sin there are about 15 books that costs 20+mil, and aren't as useful as demon revive or IH I really don't consider it a huge expense. My aps gear on the BM is hundreds of mil, the refines on my barb gear for hp are millions, and again more aps gear for my sin on a different account. Revive will be one of those things that I'll do to help my squad because I can and I appreciate it so much when other clerics have it.

I also have groups of close friends, sometimes different groups on different chars, but each close group has a cleric with lvl 11 revive. Never demanded it but when you play with your friends its something you do to help each other. Not to mention if I'm spamming TTs/Vanas with them to pay for my gear they're prolly trying to pay for their skills. I guess that makes me spoiled because I notice whenever I have to run with a random cleric I get one without lvl 11 revive. Maybe that's why they're running with a random squad, idunno.
    edited January 2011

Next time in instance runs ask your friends this before you invite a cleric that DOESNT have lv11 ress.

"Hey I got 2 clerics! One has lv11 res but they have problems paying attention. Theres another cleric thats pretty good at their job but they only have lv10 ress. Which ones you guys want?"

depending on their answer, it shows their own attitude and priority b:laugh
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    they will pick hidden third option *cough* me
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    they will pick hidden third option *cough* me

Nah, it'll be me. I'm so cute, cuddly, and loveable b:cute
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited January 2011
    ............. D:
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Next time in instance runs ask your friends this before you invite a cleric that DOESNT have lv11 ress.

"Hey I got 2 clerics! One has lv11 res but they have problems paying attention. Theres another cleric thats pretty good at their job but they only have lv10 ress. Which ones you guys want?"

depending on their answer, it shows their own attitude and priority b:laugh

I know all my friends would pick the level 11 rez cleric. We're so suicidal that the best clerics still have no hope of saving us. We just want them to pick up and rebuff when we die, before we run back in again! b:laugh
    edited January 2011
    I know all my friends would pick the level 11 rez cleric. We're so suicidal that the best clerics still have no hope of saving us. We just want them to pick up and rebuff when we die, before we run back in again! b:laugh
    lol hope you got tons of GA ready for that cleric who gets caught in your suicide run b:chuckle no one gonna res them
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    lol hope you got tons of GA ready for that cleric who gets caught in your suicide run b:chuckle no one gonna res them

Lol, I said we were suicidal. I didn't say we weren't good ;) Just means sometimes we heal ourselves because we got ourselves into more than the cleric can cover.

I have bought GA's and rez scrolls for clerics that have died in my mistakes (Very few die because of my mistakes, though). I also have bought GAs and rez scrolls for clerics that died because of horrible-horrible squads where it wasn't my fault and I saw them using their own. Much more likely to replace a clerics GAs/rez scrolls if they came with their own.
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I will put it this way: the only reason why I'm going to get demon res is for the reduced channeling time. With it, I can get people up faster and reduce the risk of something going horribly wrong while I'm ressing. It's not for your ****ing exp.

+10 yesterday in frost the bm died in bishop boss cuz he was lagy, res in that boss is a nightmare, bishops interrupt skills, hp of suqad low very fast, and the worst you can died if a bishop appear and hit just went you are casting res.

So the only reason of get level 11 res is for the chanelling time, really i dont care about your exp.

I have a rule if I died a second time cuz someone **** up, and all squad died too, all squad must get up, if you dont want lose exp be carefull next time.
    edited January 2011
    the current factors that decide sage and demon or the newer generation is whether or not its useful in FCC or not. Forget everything else.

lol
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    the current factors that decide sage and demon or the newer generation is whether or not its useful in FCC or not. Forget everything else.

lol

Oh wow this seriously cracked me up. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

lol

Isn't that because FCC lasts for 99 levels? You hyper 1-100 and then learn to play your char in Nirvana, right? I heard there are quests in the game too, but I've never seen them.