Pwi Before or Pwi Now?

Options

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like it now. Basic things like charms, fash and mounts can be farmed with dq points for sage/demon cards. There is no reason for me to use the actual cs unless I want new fashion right away.
    Because you are not end-game character. Wait till the end and you'll see it yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    End all reason of why old PWI is better:

rubberbanding was non- existent.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ouch Silver....that hurts my feelings. b:sad

[/FONT][/COLOR]

]Ehh.. It was just a add-on to the many complaints I herd over time, I don't hate the tideborn is just that all the complaints that was followed after it came out made me add it on... :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well I will not even bother reading every post by you Born_Free, but I can already guess what you saidb:surrender.

All I have to say you all your post is that this game is a business, so get over it. If PWI chooses to have packs every week then so be it, I should probably go to Walmart and QQ for them selling things everyday and it is not even weekleyb:shocked(sarcasm).

Anyway you and some others really need to look at it from a business stand point, if it is making them money and they are not breaking the law, they win. The only thing your doing by not playing PWI and still coming to the forum to QQ is wasting your time and in a technical sense just adding to their player base numbersb:chuckle.

Now once again I am not saying I agree with everything PWI has done,but I can say many of their sales including their most recent has brought me a wealth on in game stuff without cash shopping, all I have to do is sell it nowb:victory.
  • Meeeowwwwww - Raging Tide
    Meeeowwwwww - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This game is the best MMORPG~I have currently been playing for 3years + and still going on, best game, lots of QQ'ers about everything, and I <3 the packs that people QQ about, makes normal items cheap. Pots/Petfood/teles/ect. :))))

Best MMORPG Out there b:victory
    The Magic Banana, yes, it is magical, yes, it can do magical things, it is ... the ... Magic Banana!!

Kittens<3You b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:flower
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well I will not even bother reading every post by you Born_Free, but I can already guess what you saidb:surrender.

All I have to say you all your post is that this game is a business, so get over it. If PWI chooses to have packs every week then so be it, I should probably go to Walmart and QQ for them selling things everyday and it is not even weekleyb:shocked(sarcasm).

Anyway you and some others really need to look at it from a business stand point, if it is making them money and they are not breaking the law, they win. The only thing your doing by not playing PWI and still coming to the forum to QQ is wasting your time and in a technical sense just adding to their player base numbersb:chuckle.

Now once again I am not saying I agree with everything PWI has done,but I can say many of their sales including their most recent has brought me a wealth on in game stuff without cash shopping, all I have to do is sell it nowb:victory.

Oi vey....

I always understood that PWI was a business. There's a difference between a GOOD business, and GOOD decisions, and BAD ones. For the past two years though, the flagship franchise has been taking a swan dive headfirst into a concrete pool......for what?
    It's sure not to make money to IMPROVE the game!
    It's sure not because they LACK money, or else why is FW here?

You comparing Wal-Mart to PWI is lacking of.....erm....something. Janus told me my braincells line was getting old, so meh, I'll have to work on that later when it's not like three in the morning.
    People aren't pissed off at Wal-Mart, because unlike PWI, Wal-Mart makes money AND keeps the majority of customers happy. And that's where the metaphor dies.

I'm not even going to bother trying to say that I don't agree with the QQers or anti-QQers. If you can't read my signature.....i don't know how easier I can make my point. I could try writing it in crayon.......

See that pretty little bit in red?

"It's never a problem until it's YOUR problem, and then it's a HUGE problem."

These issues don't really bother you because....you're benefitting from them. Therefore, you don't see them as issues at all...rathermore the opposite, because as long as you benefit, nothing has to change. The minute you DON'T benefit, people throw a tantrum and then PWI gets all freaked out because like you, they were benefiting from you overlooking their extreme greed. Now they have to go in an fix it before you realize just how incredibly screwed up the system is and quit.

There are a FEW changes I've enjoyed that PWI has stuck in. One of them was the DQ point system. I highly enjoy the fact that DQ's have now become somewhat profitable again, but a shame that you can't sell the things you've earned. Many people went off and bought several makeover scrolls under the impression you could sell them....bummer.

Believe it or not....oracles were another one.....at least back when they were easier to get, and worth more XP.

.....I lol at some people's naive optimism though......
  • ExodusKnight - Archosaur
    ExodusKnight - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just don't listen to "game is dead" nerdragers for any logical advise

This.
    It's funny how the people who rage still play the game.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This.
    It's funny how the people who rage still play the game.

It's even funnier how we don't.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it's funny how they hang about the forums like a bad smell is more like it. I don't know how much enjoyment can be had from continually posting bad press comments about a game you no longer play but it speaks much for an empty life if this negativity is a high spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    people are far more pissed off, about how those changes are being implemented i.e.

- rapidly: tommorow devs can add g15 full set sale for 20$ or +60 attack/defense blessings

+ w/o carying about gameplay: 'broken' aps (and above) etc

+ often with nerf of in-game money making ways

everyone and their mother, understand that pwe likes money; most notice, that they are making it w/o thinking, how changes affect the game.

inb4 more pointless debate about something not really related..

or anti-QQ police, will derail this topic too?

Well Para am not stating that all game related changes are favourable to everyone. I

Agreed, PWE are adding in more powerful gear for a cheap RL price which using ingame farming runs takes a lot of time. In addition with 5 aps chars running around casters do get the short end of the stick on certain instances.

My point was, the most important reason why any of us play a game is to have fun and have fun with friends ingame. Irrespective of whether the class balance was broken, players are spoon fed with gear, all sense of achievement gone, etc we all play till we either get bored or till all our friends quit.

So yea, people can complain all they want, in the end PWE does what it feels is best for itself and its cash playerbase.

I cant control what PWE changes, but I can control my reaction to the changes: adapt or find another game to play. I havent left yet since my friends still play and I enjoy playing and chatting with them everyday. Thats all that should really matter.

Lets wait for the expansion and see what new instances they bring in. Who knows? perhaps new instances where casters would be preferred would be introduced. Seekers seem to have debuff specially designed to increase the damage done by casters, so perhaps that might even out the playing field.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it's funny how they hang about the forums like a bad smell is more like it. I don't know how much enjoyment can be had from continually posting bad press comments about a game you no longer play but it speaks much for an empty life if this negativity is a high spot.

I have a very boring job, this breaks up the monotony.

The truth is, nobody likes getting ****ted on.

People that worked hard for Rank 8, or even spent a ton of money on Tiger Packs to get it don't appreciate PWE making it available for a day's wages.

I like posting here to remind people of what they don't want to see. No matter how much you're benefiting from these sales now, and you keep telling us old people to **** off because the younger buy-what-you-want crowd is enjoying the absolute destruction of every single achievement in this game, you too will be butt****ed by PWE soon enough when they make your gear worth pennies on the dollar and obsolete.

So do I enjoy raining on PWI's parade? Absolutely. Every mistake, no matter how small, will be scrutinized and made fun of every chance I get. This is much funner than opening packs.
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'll take PWI as it is now because before levelling was a huge pain in the ...... For players like me who want to experience more than one char but don have a 20hr playing 4hr rest cycle bhs and all other exp boosting implements e.g. hypers are welcome. Sure it result in some high level nooobs but they can be taught.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    noone is telling old people to beggar off. they are telling people life is too short to hold such a grudge over a bunch of pixels that PWE could delete anytime they felt like it - and you have nothing you can do about it because you agreed to it in the TOS.

you really think you are affecting PWE at all? I would be surprised if more than 10% of the player base even visited the forums. of those they visit once when they download the game, and then sporadically when they need to ask a question. the majority of the posts on the forum are by the same small group of posters (in respect of group size versus whole player base).

you really want to impact pwe - you need to put your hand in your pocket and pay for advertising on major gaming websites.

btw <old timer whos gear was outdated before I even got it. so what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    noone is telling old people to beggar off.

You must be new here.

they are telling people life is too short to hold such a grudge over a bunch of pixels that PWE could delete anytime they felt like it - and you have nothing you can do about it because you agreed to it in the TOS.

I'm aware. I wasted time and money and it's gone, but I don't care.

you really think you are affecting PWE at all?

Absolutely. I've convinced many people to quit this game and go to better games, and we're having a grand old time. Every time a new potential player checks out the forums and sees some of the **** PWE pulls and all of the posts like mine, they have a good chance of being like ****thisimouttahere.jpg

I would be surprised if more than 10% of the player base even visited the forums. of those they visit once when they download the game, and then sporadically when they need to ask a question. the majority of the posts on the forum are by the same small group of posters (in respect of group size versus whole player base).

Most of the people that used to inhabit the forums have quit both this game and the forums.

you really want to impact pwe - you need to put your hand in your pocket and pay for advertising on major gaming websites.

I make comments on financial websites any time they make a story on PWRD stocks. Not that anybody will be buying their stocks anytime soon, what a horrible investment that would be.

btw <old timer whos gear was outdated before I even got it. so what?

So PWE ****ted on you, and you don't even care. Good for you.

The only people left are people that are
    • New
    • Couldn't run with the big boys
    • Had no skill
    • Can now afford all of the endgame gear
    • So now they faceroll in PvP and think they're good.
    • Were never good at TW, and are now scrapping the remains of the actual good TWers for Mirages
    • OMG Fashion
    • Yay friends
    • I hang out in Archosaur and talk to friends
    • Friends
    • friends
    • yay
    • Basically people who don't want to play a real MMORPG. Think Sims.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    edit: n/m dont have energy today to argue pointlessly. good luck with your efforts. me I will continue to pass the time playing the game until a real mmo actually delivers on its promises.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    pointless discussion is indeed pointless so I wont bother anymore.

That's no fun.
  • magyarwarlord
    magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i have been debaiting on replying to this thread. Well here is my reply.

Dead no its more active now than before.

BUT DRAWBACK. HYPER ORACLE babies

This game has turned into a one class game 5.0 classes dosnt, matter as long as yoru 5.0. Needles to say im a 5.0 barb but i wouldn,t get anything done if i wasn,t.

also its a race to 101 and bunch of noobs that dont know there class dont know there skills and dont know what a rebirth gamma or delta is. Ya thats right i see level 100's that dont know what a rebirth its so sad.

Cuz all people want to do is Run FC and Level instead of playing the game questing cultivations so on i have seen more level 101 102 and 103 with **** gear **** skills and just dont know there class cuz only thing they know is FC these same people run 100 fc's a week and do nothing els guys get out play the game Experience everythign pwi has to offer not just leveling as fast as you can just to get to a point your goign to suck at the end cuz you got the skills knowledge ability to do anythign cuz they just suck at there toon.

guys Play the game stop tryign to level and learn your class you got this and you earn your right to 100+ with us 2 and 3 year veterans.

yes i said it dont bash me to mutch but thats my feelings on it
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWI also brought a ore dynamic approach to money making, thus increasing it's revenues. And so PW has had more updates since PWI came online than has ever had before.

Umm... that's an outright lie. Lost Empire, Age of Spirits, Frost Revamp... and you can argue Rising Tide was mostly in-development before packs were ever released.

So, since PWI first came online, there were expansions about every 3 months until RT. Between RT and now.... There hasn't been an expansion since... in over a year.

Fail nub is fail.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    (...)fun(...)

my point is: pwe is pretty good in taking any fun out this game.

and since i was always very helpful player, and spent my time writing guides for pwi, i decided to write another one *inserts cute smiley*

potential player, shouldnt really have any illusions about pwi (i.e. hoping that expansion gonna fix stuff - really dunno where that thinking comes from).

anyway, im not naive and im not holding grudge. Naiviety of some people, that think they are powerless and can just quit quietly, surprises me tho.

do you always do that, when some company provide you really poor service?

(btw i would, stop bothering long time ago, but anti-rage police constantly troll me D: )
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have a very boring job, this breaks up the monotony.

The truth is, nobody likes getting ****ted on.

People that worked hard for Rank 8, or even spent a ton of money on Tiger Packs to get it don't appreciate PWE making it available for a day's wages.

I like posting here to remind people of what they don't want to see. No matter how much you're benefiting from these sales now, and you keep telling us old people to **** off because the younger buy-what-you-want crowd is enjoying the absolute destruction of every single achievement in this game, you too will be butt****ed by PWE soon enough when they make your gear worth pennies on the dollar and obsolete.

So do I enjoy raining on PWI's parade? Absolutely. Every mistake, no matter how small, will be scrutinized and made fun of every chance I get. This is much funner than opening packs.

I can sort of understand your way of thinking, but from my point of view boutique items were about getting temporary advantages.

And, it's now becoming clear that benefits from packs were also temporary advantages.

So, I have been wondering: if you cannot parlay your temporary advantages into other in-game benefits for yourself, should anyone else really care? Especially, when other people have been able to use their temporary advantages to dominate competitive aspects of the game?

Edit:
    End all reason of why old PWI is better:

rubberbanding was non- existent.

I agree with Xoria.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    from my point of view boutique items were about getting temporary advantages.

I'm pretty sure Rank 9 won't be obsolete for a long time, ijs. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @Para
    As much as it is considered a service, for me a F2P game is just a game and if its not enjoyable anymore I would simply move onto the next one and perhaps advise my friends against it. I would not waste my time trying to get every player to stop playing it <.<. I will only concern myself and my immediate friends.

So if a service provided by a company sucks, I can tell the company that it does suck and find a better provider.

Would you seriously waste your time and energy trying to get the company to do things the right way (according to you)? I wouldnt bother. There are better things you can do with your time.

So yea, I would one of those people who quit quietly when they feel its their time to quit.

I had quit 7 months back since I found it boring. I came back because one of my best friends returned and I ended up in a new faction and made some more friends. So yea I still find this game relaxing enough after a hard day's work.

We all play the game for different reasons.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Rank 9 won't be obsolete for a long time, ijs. b:surrender

Personally I would guess its useful lifetime to be a year or three, depending on how you define useful.

But I also expect several classes of changes in the expansion which will impinge on its realm of influence.

For example now, a lot of people's attention in this game has to do with enhancing existing gear, and if temporary gear becomes competitive with fully enhanced permanent gear (or if the temporary gear you can get is based on the permanent gear you have equipped)... well... I imagine they might be selling stuff to make it easier for people to get that temporary gear?
    edited December 2010
    Options
    we are different people

so we should not try to convince each other how should we act

i was wasting my time writing tl;dr guides and providing complex tools. i was doing it, because this how i like to relax

now, im wasting my time again, because i still enjoy it (you gotta admit that trolling a.n.u.s. is fun)

and yea, i can waste my time for valid complaint - why not? it may help company to improve or warn other customers

what is so wrong about it?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Same applies to you :)

You can troll the forums as much as you want, advertise that PWE sucks as much as you want

Stating that the current PWI game is dead/sucks is purely an opinion, that is all. It may hold true for some people but not everyone.

My first post was simply highlighting the changes I've come to notice in my time here in PWI. It was in no way telling how one should play it.

Anyways thanks for the long argument to end right back to the step 1. b:victory
    edited December 2010
    Options
    while i dont mind arguing if pwi is dead or not (or is it still worth playing ) i dont like when someone, tell me that i shouldnt do it (or wonder why i 'wont be quiet and move on').

this is forced, discussion killing, while topic should just die alone..

imo, more important is how 'evolution' of pwi looks like (which course pwi took, how playability changes etc) not current (temporary, as we know) differences..

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well if you want to discuss on how PWI is evolving then this is not the thread to discuss it in since the the topic starter merely wanted a picture of how the old PWI was (presumably before all the packs, etc) and how the current state differs from it.

If youre going along the lines of evolution of the game (in this case it might be apt to say de-evolution), then yes they have removed almost all there is to achieve and have made challenges optional (something which you can experience only if you force yourself to and for which people would call you out of your mind). For me, I come from a more grind oriented game where you really need to know what youre doing in order to level. So the moment PWE introduced CS, BH, WQ I kinda realized all they want is people doing things faster and easier so that they can introduce more high end stuff in the cash shop...which is exactly what they did. The moment they made exp easier....people started becoming undergeared for their levels and the only way to keep up with the level was to literally buying their way through equipment, skills, etc. Also dungeon drops were nerfed to make certain equipment literally unattainable. And then the timely introduction of the packs bringing with it the equips which were no longer possible to make. Quite a good way to remove the need to farm and make it cash shop dependant. Honestly, how many would buy packs if the lunar weapons and FC gears were still farmable ingame? Well Lunar is still doable but ends up being a lot more time consuming if I am not mistaken.

It might be a good discussion to have in another thread if youre willing to create one b:victory
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Another thing that I find different between Before and Now is that I was one of the few BM using fists in Santuary. At that time fists were considered worthless, even though I had to argue with many players about it. they would not acept me in squads many times.

Now barbs, arches and many others use fists (what a change). Also I just returned to play like a week ago and I have been asked twice, what is my APS? that question was never asked to me before and I did not even know what was that referering to. The question before were usually like: why are you wasting your coins on fists?, do you want to duel me?, are you a noob? and so on.

My current APS is 1.67 I think, (I;m not at home right now), I did some searching on the forums and aparently, some players can do 5 APSb:shocked

Increasing the DPS (that was the important thing at that time) by getting gear that reduces interval was considered unachivable and realisticly imposible (aparently you can get that gear easily now). I guess the two terms relate to each other but APS could be missleading.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well Lunar is still doable but ends up being a lot more time consuming if I am not mistaken.

New Lunar is a lot easier and faster than the old Lunar though you have to pay 3mil to open it (and that 3mil is basically your guarantee for the gold mat). Your biggest problem for farming Lunar weps is not Lunar though. It's the new version of 3-2 Emp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i dont think im derailing topic. OP was curious about 'game is dead' rage also.

i felt like clearing this up, because there is lotta misunderstanding on this subject.

back to op main question: if he will able to play game like cash shoper, if he work enough hard.

imo, it will be so frustrating, that not worth it. i dont see any good ways, to make serious coins before endgame; prolly getting his skills, will be great achievement already lol.
    so yea, imo it is broken.

then, at endgame, nirvana will be cheap, so only best geared people, will be able to earn on it. he will need good friends.. and good friends have their clerics already, usually.

an alternative, would be merchant, but thats not playing the game kinda..