Question about the Christmas Gift

Comments

• ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    still can be cheaper sometimes than actually sourcing the exact color pigments, especially if you were looking for black, scarlet or white

still, would prefer having to source only 18 random pigs [2 x (3 + 3 + 3)] than 46 [2 x (14 + 6 + 3)] to at least get the set a single color instead of the "dressed in the dark" look you usually get with these things.

Then at least I can still wear the set while I can then take my time to pick the color I want and source the actual pigments. (or I might get lucky and get a nice color from the random and not have to worry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hopefully then Frankie even if the individual pieces of fashion come out with random colors, they can be dyed and the number of dyes required for each piece is 1 (one) or is this an attempt to sell more dyes by giving something for free that is unwearable together due to clashing colors.

not trying to be mean, just old and cynical ;)

can you confirm the status re dying these items?

Takes a total of 23 dyes for the entire set-- that's 14, 6, 3 for top, bottom, shoes.
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    Tallain - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    46 dyes to dye a set...... sheesh cmon..... could u at least make these free "gifts" use less? If it takes that much i'm just gonna npc them if they look like a clown suit. Rather use that much DQ reward pts on rep or P Stones or .. idk save em to see what else u said you're putting in there (and whens' that going to be btw?)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Considering there's likely no way in hell of getting the colors of the shard/insignia sets, I don't really mind this at all.

Of course, I've also farmed half of both sets so far with shards instead of buying with insignias so maybe I have no room to talk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    dyes are confirmed in other thread as 14, 6 and 3, looks like a lot of folks will be hoping the shirt/jacket is a nice color and dye the legs and boots to match. Kinda sucks I was hoping to use random pigs to at least get a complete set 1 color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver
    Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    OK well I log on my account on 10:45am and I log off at like 3:55pm I log off by mistake but will the hrs count then when I log back now which I did on 10:47am? Also does it count on the 23th? Because Im letting my cleric to stay on for the whole week till on the 31st 11:59pm hopefully that is :S (Right now its 4:08pm now and I'm still online) I would be thankful if anyone can tell me if this is right or Frankieraye b:thanks
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    it's been said like 100 times now in every place possible.... it's ten hours TOTAL, not ten consecutive hours. and idk what time it is where you are but the fash thing didnt' start till an hour and ten minnutes ago.
    edited December 2010
    I'm just asking I told you I live in the USA Florida and I was asking the GM <_< its 4:15pm now. I just want to know so I can get the outfit at the right time b:surrender
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Well i just told you... Frankie's going to say the same thing, or he would've corrected me and the others the last 100 times. It's not Consecutive hours. And I'm in Florida too lol..... so ya it didnt' even start till 3 pm (news post said noon server time which is pacific).
    edited December 2010
    OK so I am doing it at the right time then thx b:surrender
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Multiple topics have been merged. b:victory
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    it's been said like 100 times now in every place possible.... it's ten hours TOTAL, not ten consecutive hours. and idk what time it is where you are but the fash thing didnt' start till an hour and ten minnutes ago.
    Don't forget kids play this game too, that's how I became patient b:cute
    *Semi retired*
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    my patience tends to wear off after answering the same question 50 times in less then 2 hours..... might be exaggerating but i don't think i am.... between these threads and the news section...

Wait someone in enrage that's nice and has patience? /shocked Fyi off topic but might wanna tell your buddies the next time the ENTIRE FACTION decides to spam my chat log in pm's acting like idiots for an hour.... not only am i sending a ticket with SS's, I'm pm'ing Frankie, BearClaw, and every other GM who's name i can find. Tell em to have fun with their temp bans (or perma bans if they've been warned before), and to grow up. Btw it wasn't on this toon, it was on another one. dont' bother harassing me on this, I'm never on it lately. heh
  • Dho_Tal - Dreamweaver
    Dho_Tal - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    my patience tends to wear off after answering the same question 50 times in less then 2 hours..... might be exaggerating but i don't think i am.... between these threads and the news section...

You have to get used to it, I have the same questions pop up everyday. xD
  • pranshu
    pranshu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey Guys!! is thr anyway that we come to know that 10hrs r complete?
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    pranshu wrote: »
    Hey Guys!! is thr anyway that we come to know that 10hrs r complete?

My guess is you have to countb:surrender
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    As fas as I'm concerned, this gift is really good news. I come from a server that no longer exists (hem hem) and we never got such thing for free. So even if it comes in disparate colors, if it is char-bound, I dont mind, it's free after all! When u guys receive a present at Xmas, u go saying "oh well, that's not the type I wanted... that present is ****, u can keep it" ??? Im just wondering...
    Anyway, I wish u all a Merry Xmas ! b:pleased
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My question is.....

When oh when are these lovely fashions coming to my inbox? I'm quite interested. I've been wearing the same fashions from my retired cleric since Ramses.
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My question is.....

When oh when are these lovely fashions coming to my inbox? I'm quite interested. I've been wearing the same fashions from my retired cleric since Ramses.

"Each character that fulfills this 10 hour requirement will receive this special outfit in his or her mailbox during the first week of January!"

Yw darling.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The fashion is bound to your character and cannot be placed in the Account Stash

Just as I suspected.

What the hell am I supposed to do if I don't want this on my highest level character hm? I want it on my cleric, not my blademaster, but I can't trade it to my cleric because it's un account-stashable just like that fail anniversary set. Let me guess, it's going to come in totally random disgusting and mismatched colors too. Am I right?

You guys really suck at this gift giving stuff you know that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

Just as I suspected.

What the hell am I supposed to do if I don't want this on my highest level character hm? I want it on my cleric, not my blademaster, but I can't trade it to my cleric because it's un account-stashable just like that fail anniversary set. Let me guess, it's going to come in totally random disgusting and mismatched colors too. Am I right?

You guys really suck at this gift giving stuff you know that?

It's per character, honey. You can get it on your cleric too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    It's per character, honey. You can get it on your cleric too.

=_= and they couldn't give you a choice on the anniversary set? Either way, the fact that you can't stash it to give it to any of your other characters if you get tired of it being on one character is a load of bull. Why should it matter if you give it to other characters on your account?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

=_= and they couldn't give you a choice on the anniversary set? Either way, the fact that you can't stash it to give it to any of your other characters if you get tired of it being on one character is a load of bull. Why should it matter if you give it to other characters on your account?

It's free. Why do people complain about free stuff again?

Of course, I don't keep my chars all on one account so it probably doesn't bother me as much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    It's free. Why do people complain about free stuff again?

Of course, I don't keep my chars all on one account so it probably doesn't bother me as much.

It's a scheme to make more money, therefore, not free. It's only free if you want to keep the colors mismatched, you'll probably spend more money on dyes to get it all the right color than the set is even worth.

So in the end... it's anything but free.

It's like saying "you've won a FREE CAR!" and then failing to mention that it's broken and you gotta fix it, and the cost of fixing it is more than the worth of the car.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The fashion is bound to your character and cannot be placed in the Account Stash

nooooo.... *rolls in the dust, howling like a damned soul*
    I wanted it so badly for my future mystie b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have been gone for soooo long >< but I really hope that fashion gear is perma D: im trying to get one for me and my gf's char's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nooooo.... *rolls in the dust, howling like a damned soul*
    I wanted it so badly for my future mystie b:sad

I thought the same. You can always save up the insignias to get a trade-able set for your mystic, or start doing the event on it to get the shards to get a set on it later.
    sikozu wrote: »
    I have been gone for soooo long >< but I really hope that fashion gear is perma D: im trying to get one for me and my gf's char's lol.

It is permanent. b:victory

It's a scheme to make more money, therefore, not free. It's only free if you want to keep the colors mismatched, you'll probably spend more money on dyes to get it all the right color than the set is even worth.
    So in the end... it's anything but free.
    It's like saying "you've won a FREE CAR!" and then failing to mention that it's broken and you gotta fix it, and the cost of fixing it is more than the worth of the car.

I feels this way sometimes when I get a gift that I don't particularly like you know? Like a friend buys me a dress that the color looks really stupid, or it's too big. I always just go with it's the thought that counts. Afterall something is always better than nothing imo.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited December 2010

But frankie, I have two actives charas on same account, I'm going to play more than 10hours at each one.....
    How does it count, 10hours on account or 10 hours per chara?? even if they are on same account? I'll get the price at both charas? or it just goes to the main one? Cuz at others events the gifts went to the main chara. So if I cant share I find fair get the outfit at both :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    But frankie, I have two actives charas on same account, I'm going to play more than 10hours at each one.....
    How does it count, 10hours on account or 10 hours per chara?? even if they are on same account? I'll get the price at both charas? or it just goes to the main one? Cuz at others events the gifts went to the main chara. So if I cant share I find fair get the outfit at both :)

I think it 10hrs per character, so which ever of your chars for fills 10hrs gets it.

Example: you play two characters enough for them both to rack up 10hrs they both get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What a lame xmas gift. I wanted a free warsoul weapon -- tradeable, of course.. oh, and a bazillion black/white pigments. Oh right, and a free account stash, super inventory stone, and about 50,000 dragon orbs. Otherwise, it's a scheme to make more money, you greedy *******. GIMME GIMME GIMME!
This discussion has been closed.