Question about the Christmas Gift

Comments

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Why can't you guys create something new, instead of giving away something that was already released in a different way?

I know its really damn cool, I get compliments all the time. Thats why I paid a small fortune for the real stuff.

Bad move PWI, this is seriously disappointing. Thanks for making like 70million coins worth of fashion extremely common and ruining it for everyone that had it before this.

+1

i feel bad for everyone that bought insignias for this fashion... turns out nothing will ever be rare in this game... le sigh

*expects insignias to drop in price too...*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serpenserpia - Archosaur
    Serpenserpia - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    jesus sorry i looked at the wrong line i had written down here..... so i mised two days. big deal...... ThE DAYS WEREN"T IN QUESTION HERE, PEOPLE CAN"T READ AND THINK YOU HAVE TO BE LOGGED IN TEN HOURS STRAIGHT! AND UGH THAT RED..... I"M BLIND!!!! damn it caps... not rewriting that...
    Aren't you a sweetheart, explaining everything so clearly and benevolent ... no one specifically asked you, so you can just shut the hell up. If you want to analyze that phrase form a pragmatics' point of view, I could do that and show you it depends on how you interpret it, as the way it was announced leaves room for interpretation. Commas could have helped, but oh well, they didn't bother.
    Sure, you are most likely right, but I don't see a point in your raging and disrespect .
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    +1

i feel bad for everyone that bought insignias for this fashion... turns out nothing will ever be rare in this game... le sigh

And that's why I waited... I wanted the fasion set but I knew it would be easier to get later. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    Tallain - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    1) nothing's rare in this after awhile..... been proven time and time again a LONG time ago.
    2) 70 million? wow....... i've got pure black sets and only paid like 8 mil total for each SET

Seriously? What, do you expect us to feel sorry for you cause u blew 70-100 mil on FASHION???
  • Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver
    Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So what I think its great you know just don't crying about it I really love that outfit and I think its perfect gift for x-mas. I mean I never got it before in my life and its a lot money lol there's other rares for god sake just stop complaining and enjoy the gift from perfect world. At least some people are happy yet some people are not and just wine about it END OF STORY.
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Aren't you a sweetheart, explaining everything so clearly and benevolent ... no one specifically asked you, so you can just shut the hell up. If you want to analyze that phrase form a pragmatics' point of view, I could do that and show you it depends on how you interpret it, as the way it was announced leaves room for interpretation. Commas could have helped, but oh well, they didn't bother.
    Sure, you are most likely right, but I don't see a point in your raging and disrespect .

No, you're right, they didn't get on here and go Tallain... am i an idiot and can't read when they SAY ten hours TOTAL between these days? b:shutup No they got on here and threw out a random question for ANYONE to answer (one that's been asked 50 freaking times already, go look at the news post on top of these threadS). LOL and I'm not raging, i hit caps lock w/o noticing..... or did you not bother reading that post to the end? I AM getting kind of annoyed with this same question popping up once every damn hour though......
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    1) nothing's rare in this after awhile..... been proven time and time again a LONG time ago.
    2) 70 million? wow....... i've got pure black sets and only paid like 8 mil total for each SET

Seriously? What, do you expect us to feel sorry for you cause u blew 70-100 mil on FASHION???

That's the same thing people said about the rank sale lol.

Some people actually went ahead and bought it because they thought it would be rare. On the side of the people that couldn't afford it, this is great now everyone can get it, on the other side, people that worked for it are disappointed, you have to give them that. It took me a good couple months to get enough insignias out of the packs to the fashion; if I had known I could have gotten it free like this I would have just made millions selling off the insignias for people getting them for other reasons (mounts and baby pets for example).

Oh well, more fashion for me b:pleased
    So what I think its great you know just don't crying about it I really love that outfit and I think its perfect gift for x-mas. I mean I never got it before in my life and its a lot money lol there's other rares for god sake just stop complaining and enjoy the gift from perfect world. At least some people are happy yet some people are not and just wine about it END OF STORY.

Don't complain about people stating they're disappointed with the fashion they bought with good money if you never had a chance to get it in the first place. Only people that really have the right to tell them to stop complaining are the people who actually spent money to get it as well, because they're on equal grounds. I'm actually surprised there aren't a lot of people outright flamming PW for it right now b:laugh
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    um first off.. QQ????? great another kid that's can't type the actual three letter WORD. And I'm not CRYING, how the hell did that post actually look like i was crying? Try more like laughing. Ya sucks they spent so MUCH then boom it's free...... but as many times as it's happened.... kinda expected it. And spending that much on FASHION..... no comment.

Edit: lol u ninja edited that last half of your post and now i'm not sure who you were even talking to...... and now i have to reboot my pc cause i hit some weird a$$ button combo and what i type (ONLY on the forum) is coming up with weird **** i dont' even have a CLUE what it is. I'm having to type my posts in Notepad and paste em lol
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    um first off.. QQ????? great another kid that's can't type the actual three letter WORD. And I'm not CRYING, how the hell did that post actually look like i was crying? Try more like laughing. Ya sucks they spent so MUCH then boom it's free...... but as many times as it's happened.... kinda expected it. And spending that much on FASHION..... no comment.

Wasn't talking to you kiddo. Also went and changed it before I read your comment because I personally don't like that abbreviation. b:laugh

You can laugh all you want, as much as I feel bad for the people that can't over it. Also, you're not the judge of what's important to spend money on in this game or not, so please don't make comments such as "FASHION;" there's people even irl that make make millions for this petty thing called "fashion."
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Ugh.... you type too fast like me lmao... And not a kiddo... in fact I'm prolly older then you :p
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Ugh.... you type too fast like me lmao... And not a kiddo... in fact I'm prolly older then you :p

Yeah I know XD I have a nasty habit of typing my thoughts fast, then going back and editing almost every one of them because I realize they're not really clear/what I meant to say b:sweat

P.S. Age doesn't have much merit when it comes to communication and behavior imo. I know some really mature kids it's almost scary...
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    lmao... well didnt' have to reboot... idk wtf just happened but reloading explorer worked.

"You can laugh all you want, as much as I feel bad for the people that can't over it. Also, you're not the judge of what's important to spend money on in this game or not, so please don't make comments such as "FASHION;" there's people even irl that make make millions for this petty thing called "fashion." "

Erm, Since like MOST people i can't leave my pc on 24/7 to merchant (if i could even FIND a worthwhile nich in the 500 cat shops in arch), and not RICH in RL so don't spend a friggin grand on this a week... Ya I think my judgement's right on with the majority of the playerbase that would probably laugh their **** off at somone spending 100 mil or 70 mil on fashion...... I'm not calling somone that might fall into the two catagories i mentioned a idiot.. if 100 mil's chump change to you.... w/e Otherwise........ the majority.... ya. I mentioned i saw people spent 100 mil on fashion in my guild last night and the ENTIRE faction couldnt' stop laughing. Then i asked in arch if anyone did that.... 3 said they did and like 50 DIFFERENT people went "LOL"....
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lmao... well didnt' have to reboot... idk wtf just happened but reloading explorer worked.

"You can laugh all you want, as much as I feel bad for the people that can't over it. Also, you're not the judge of what's important to spend money on in this game or not, so please don't make comments such as "FASHION;" there's people even irl that make make millions for this petty thing called "fashion." "

Erm, Since like MOST people i can't leave my pc on 24/7 to merchant (if i could even FIND a worthwhile nich in the 500 cat shops in arch), and not RICH in RL so don't spend a friggin grand on this a week... Ya I think my judgement's right on with the majority of the playerbase that would probably laugh their **** off at somone spending 100 mil or 70 mil on fashion...... I'm not calling somone that might fall into the two catagories i mentioned a idiot.. if 100 mil's chump change to you.... w/e Otherwise........ the majority.... ya. I mentioned i saw people spent 100 mil on fashion in my guild last night and the ENTIRE faction couldnt' stop laughing. Then i asked in arch if anyone did that.... 3 said they did and like 50 DIFFERENT people went "LOL"....

Ah damnit stop spamming the thread with useless rambling... I'm waiting for more info and I can't see it if you keep doing that. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010

Well, as long as that's clear lol. I understand what you're saying, my bf has the same point of view, he doesn't understand spending a bunch of money for fashion when there's gear to be done blah blah... b:surrender

Not everyone that throws that much money in fashion can technically afford it either. They actually do work for it because fashion is what they want, it's what gives them entertainment. It's the people that wanted it bad enough that saved up money for it that you have feel sorry for, for those that it wasn't "chump change" but something that they really wanted.

On the contrary, rather than laughing at someone that spent that much money on fashion, I'd rather think they'll be like me and wanting to do the same. They might laugh on the outside and have a good chuckle for a minute but on the inside most everyone is going to want to be able to have the means to buy it too b:laugh
    Ah damnit stop spamming the thread with useless rambling... I'm waiting for more info and I can't see it if you keep doing that. >.>

Sorry Jelly b:surrender
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Edit: lol u ninja edited that last half of your post and now i'm not sure who you were even talking to...... and now i have to reboot my pc cause i hit some weird a$$ button combo and what i type (ONLY on the forum) is coming up with weird **** i dont' even have a CLUE what it is. I'm having to type my posts in Notepad and paste em lol

Dude.... think... decaff....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The fashion is bound to your character and cannot be placed in the Account Stash
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    The fashion is bound to your character and cannot be placed in the Account Stash

Thank you for the answer :)

Ugh now to decide which characters to log in this week b:surrender
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hopefully then Frankie even if the individual pieces of fashion come out with random colors, they can be dyed and the number of dyes required for each piece is 1 (one) or is this an attempt to sell more dyes by giving something for free that is unwearable together due to clashing colors.

not trying to be mean, just old and cynical ;)

can you confirm the status re dying these items?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Thought I'll post this here too cause people were asking:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11462332&postcount=15

Fashion is BOUND and CAN'T be account stashed. They can be dyed, and are permanent.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    hopefully then Frankie even if the individual pieces of fashion come out with random colors, they can be dyed and the number of dyes required for each piece is 1 (one) or is this an attempt to sell more dyes by giving something for free that is unwearable together due to clashing colors.

not trying to be mean, just old and cynical ;)

can you confirm the status re dying these items?

Here you go:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11457022&postcount=12
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    +1

I hope so, then I can get the hair for cheaper to match my free fashion. b:dirty

Heh, after DQ horses, perm 3.2 flyers, bulbfish in bidding hall, the whole cloudchase gryffon incident, bad panda and scarlet ninetales release, etc, did you really expect anything in this game to be permanently rare?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Thought I'll post this here too cause people were asking:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11462332&postcount=15

Fashion is BOUND and CAN'T be account stashed. They can be dyed, and are permanent.

Errr what thread is that post from?
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Errr what thread is that post from?

This thread here sir:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=950932

So.. basically from the replies from that thread and this one: fashion is perm, bound, can't account stash, dye-able. A set per character that you log in for a total of 10 hours.

I hope so, then I can get the hair for cheaper to match my free fashion. b:dirty

Don't get the hair they'll release it for new year's gifts b:avoid
    But yeah I'd like another hair set for cheap too xD
    edited December 2010

Thanks Susylu, but I was more concerned we were going to have to splash out on 20 or 30 dyes to get a complete set the same color (i.e 10 dyes for top, 5 Dyes for Gloves etc) or are they going to be benevolent and limit the dyes required to this set to 1 dye a piece - it is a gift after all.

You don't give someone a DS for xmas without making sure there is a set of batteries with it so they can play on xmas day ;) (dumb analogy I know but I was trying to think of a comparison for virtual pixels lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Thanks Susylu, but I was more concerned we were going to have to splash out on 20 or 30 dyes to get a complete set the same color (i.e 10 dyes for top, 5 Dyes for Gloves etc) or are they going to be benevolent and limit the dyes required to this set to 1 dye a piece - it is a gift after all.

You don't give someone a DS for xmas without making sure there is a set of batteries with it so they can play on xmas day ;) (dumb analogy I know but I was trying to think of a comparison for virtual pixels lol)

b:laugh True. Silly me I think I read your post too fast b:surrender

I'm thinking it's the 14, 6, and 3 pigment requirement as posted on ecatomb and pwdatabse but hopefully they change it to less....
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    damn.... gonna suck if i end up looking like bozo the clown lol.... just end up npc'ing them i guess. heh Might try a few random dyes from the DQ rewards (if it's not insane like 14 for one piece) and hope i get the same colors...
    edited December 2010
    Yeah just found the Neutral Celestial on ecatomb too. (was looking at the bard one which includes a wig! lol)

As these are bound they can obviously change the settings for particular sets, so hopefully they will play fair and reduce the dyes required. even if they reduce them all to require 3 dyes a piece, that is still 9 dyes.

They will sell a lot more of random dye packs for those who want to dye complete sets the same color and are willing to try their luck if there are less dyes required for each item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    :O lol i've dyed things like twice, i totally forgot about that complete set option. So say you need like you said 9 total dyes for the entire set, you'd put the whole set in the window and the dyes, and it dyes ALL the pieces the same (random) color?
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    :O lol i've dyed things like twice, i totally forgot about that complete set option. So say you need like you said 9 total dyes for the entire set, you'd put the whole set in the window and the dyes, and it dyes ALL the pieces the same (random) color?

Yes, except to use this option it costs double the amount of pigments you need. So in this case you'd have to have 18 dyes and it'll dye them all the same color.
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    ugh.....
This discussion has been closed.