Anyone worred that Wizards will die?

Lutirica - Harshlands
Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
How could this happen most of the new classes are magic based and even element based what will happen to the poor PWI wizards? b:cry
Fail troll of harshlands
Post edited by Lutirica - Harshlands on

Comments

• SilverStaff - Sanctuary
    SilverStaff - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wizzards are already dead
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

yea except the end game one's
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No.
    You are on my server Lutirica, people like Kalyptica, Hellzdemon, Nurfed, etc... Just wreck kids all day long :>
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Eh no class can really replace wizards in pvp, but wizards were already useless in pve so theres nothing really to replace there....
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    No.
    You are on my server Lutirica, people like Kalyptica, Hellzdemon, Nurfed, etc... Just wreck kids all day long :>
    Eh no class can really replace wizards in pvp, but wizards were already useless in pve so theres nothing really to replace there....

yes i know Woneo that we have nurfed, Xulin and so on but still we are declining in wizards.

Yea i guess Wizards are better on pvp servers than pve servers but it would be nice if there were more of them
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wizzards honestly is such a boring class in both high and low lvls. i for one dont care if they were erased from the game altogether. it wont make a bit of diffrence game wise.

the only thing keeping wizzards alive is high lvl pvp. for pve and everything else they are not wanted nor needed.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wizzards honestly is such a boring class in both high and low lvls. i for one dont care if they were erased from the game altogether. it wont make a bit of diffrence game wise.

the only thing keeping wizzards alive is high lvl pvp. for pve and everything else they are not wanted nor needed.

pve and everything else?.. I heard thats what the kids on the short bus like to do
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The most sad is that dev. don't care about wizards. They buried them totally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    see everyone is worried about veno's im like wtf everyone say's that wizards are worse off.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    pve and everything else?.. I heard thats what the kids on the short bus like to do

*looks at your lvl and sees that your lvl 101*

seems you road that short bus for a good while.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

i think your wrong other classes will die completely before wiz does
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I pve'd back before the aps craze. Luckily, pve is only a method to get better at pvp.. unless ofc pve is actually even remotely challenging for you, where you probably shouldn't leave sz ever (and 90% chance you ride the short bus b:chuckle)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    is it possible to be a insta mage on pwi like have almost 100% channel.b:laugh
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    i think there are 3 classes who's skills are fun to use and thats Wiz,barb and archer.
    barb - is good with close range and needed for tw
    Wiz - is good at pvp and the spells are fun to use on people
    archer - long range 1 hitting power and the chance for even the best of each class not to get a hit on you
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010

um, he's right, people like psychics betetr fer some reason, personally i am a wizard, but there are just so few left. wizards will always be a rare class, and that just makes them that much more special to have. wizards are a valuable part of any faction. the few remaining ones will ahve officer positions in factions if they actually know what they're doing just because they're so dam valuable to have. they're barely around anymore, so who has a stratigy to defend agenst them? and how often will they get to test their stratigy? seldom, very seldom. if yer worried about wizards dieing, then please, by all means make a wizard, and go on the raging tides server, after the expansion comes out i'll lvl up with you on my new LA mystic.

yeah, call me a traitor fellow wizards, i don't care, i like venos and wizards, and the only reason i don't play a veno is because i'm a guy, and i don't have ****, so i don't want my character having them either. so combine a wizard and a veno, and make the character both genders, and then make it light armor capable, and i'll be dammed if ya don't get my attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think all male wizards on lost city should get a makeover and look like Wadzio hahahahaha.How funny would that be Wadizo clones invading Lost Cityb:laugh
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    um, he's right, people like psychics betetr fer some reason, personally i am a wizard, but there are just so few left. wizards will always be a rare class, and that just makes them that much more special to have. wizards are a valuable part of any faction. the few remaining ones will ahve officer positions in factions if they actually know what they're doing just because they're so dam valuable to have. they're barely around anymore, so who has a stratigy to defend agenst them? and how often will they get to test their stratigy? seldom, very seldom. if yer worried about wizards dieing, then please, by all means make a wizard, and go on the raging tides server, after the expansion comes out i'll lvl up with you on my new LA mystic.

yeah, call me a traitor fellow wizards, i don't care, i like venos and wizards, and the only reason i don't play a veno is because i'm a guy, and i don't have ****, so i don't want my character having them either. so combine a wizard and a veno, and make the character both genders, and then make it light armor capable, and i'll be dammed if ya don't get my attention.

yea on harshlands the best faction leaders we have had have been wizards
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Twil - Lost City
    Twil - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Anyone worred that Wizards will die?
    Nope b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twilight Temple = HH. All the cool kids are saying it.
    Perfect World International is Schrodinger's game - it may or may not be dead. b:laugh
    If the game is dead, then YOU JUST LOST IT b:mischievous
    Calvin - Lost City: Nothing is cooking except I am putting 3 eggs on Elayne's boiling bald head and making some scramble eggs.
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    gotta love them NINJA WIZARDS b:laugh

nope. I don't think they are replaced/going to die. Just because X class is going to step into the perfect world doesn't mean wizzies are going to be filtered out in preference. There are people who still love to play wizzies :)
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Nope b:shutup

wizards wont die for sure
    gotta love them NINJA WIZARDS b:laugh

nope. I don't think they are replaced/going to die. Just because X class is going to step into the perfect world doesn't mean wizzies are going to be filtered out in preference. There are people who still love to play wizzies :)

I think wizards are good at killing mobs which is most of the game and they are not to bad in pvp either
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well this is sad and true. Wizards are really cool i mean they need to be upgraded for something better
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nope. One good fly around Archosaur and even doing BH on my sin showed wizards are very much still alive.

Of course, I expect a topic about how every other class has died upon a bunch of people trying out EG classes and racing to level 100. Being practical really isn't a thing for the forum though, where it's far more cool to talk about how the game is dead and how certain classes are dead, this is dead, that's dead.. buncha necrophiliacs.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ... Buncha Necrophiliacs.

Lmfao.
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    they are alive and kicking on HT serverb:victoryb:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nope. One good fly around Archosaur and even doing BH on my sin showed wizards are very much still alive.

Of course, I expect a topic about how every other class has died upon a bunch of people trying out EG classes and racing to level 100. Being practical really isn't a thing for the forum though, where it's far more cool to talk about how the game is dead and how certain classes are dead, this is dead, that's dead.. buncha necrophiliacs.

at least i'm honest about my love of cold dead pixels?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Are you suffering from diaherra of the brain? You're a prime example of the new generation of PWI players: uniformed, shallowminded, and troll-happy.

Wizards aren't dead. They can still go toe-to-toe with anything that isn't 5.0 and Rank 8/9, and can even out damage a Psychic depending on the gear. The problem is, nobody is as interested in them as they used to be because very FEW people know how to play them right these days, or have the patience to do so.
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    MS, BIDS and BT. Nuff said.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i actually think that wizard is the best class in this game, at least the most fun one, if you play it right and NOT how everyone else say "pure" (what is a really frustrating thing to do)
    i love they skills, they make me wanna do only one thing KILL KILL KILL muahahahaha lol

im playing ALL classes, and i can tell everyone who never tryed a wiz miss something or everyone who think they are useless dont know what they talk about

and the best thing is, wiz are rare ;) so the best class forever b:bye
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I play both a wizard and a psychic. I love casting classes in general, but I do like the psy a little more. I miss the sheer number of skills available to me as a wizard (the psychic skills "feel" lacking in comparison) but I LOVE the "Soul xxx" skills. Soul of Stunning is the best defense against surprise sin attacks, something I wish wizards had.

Stealthed sins with 5aps became the death of all but the very best geared wizzies in PvP (and, by extension, TW). Also, the recent update (several months back) that made ALL damage capable of causing spell interrupt makes the wizard a bit more annoying to play. On my psychic, I almost never get interrupted because the channeling is so fast.

I do like that Genesis is trying to make casters more useful again. My take on it is:

1. Wizards are very hard-hitting, with proper gear can one-shot many classes. The -chan buff from mystics will help a lot. b:victory

2. Psychics attack faster, get interrupted less, still hit pretty hard, and have far more defensive skills available to them. Maybe I just suck at wizard PvP, but I've found it easier to survive on my psy in PvP battles.

3. 5aps classes still out-DD all casters by a very large margin with perma-spark. It's truly ridiculous that any class can do hundreds of thousands of hit points in damage in the time it takes to channel and cast a single wizard ultimate. b:sad
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    MS, BIDS and BT. Nuff said.

Considering the ch/cast times, along with the chi cost: not all that great. Sure: there's Essential Sutra, pots, genie skills, etc but they come at a cost. For PvE, I don't see people using them much. I like the Wiz for it's ability to be played casually in squads making it simple to multibox. Instead of wasting chi on those skills, I'd rather use eruption to regain MP. It's not a bad companion for my veno, but I think I'd prefer a cleric as a companion.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.