edited December 2010
    Options
    Rank IX looks great but no more passion in PWI b:kiss
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I wish i would spend 1k on a Freakin Game lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yawn just let PW die and gimme my money back. Go make your TV shows and movies...

Only reason why I havent left this game is because I have spent around $800 USD on this game (could be a bit more). Would be such a waste of money if I just leave it. Which makes me rage... yep... b:angry

I have been working on a game my self, whenever its done I will focus on that instead of this b:pleased
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Unless you charge with Playcards (no limitation on this one I think) + $200/day, or you won't be able to get it (whole set) NOW, sales only last for 30days.

Ofc, it'll be back eventually.

Does PWI have no interest financing? b:laugh
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have been working on a game my self, whenever its done I will focus on that instead of this b:pleased

Hey let me know if you get close to finishing that.

Or if you want a bored guy's help (idk how useful I am though, but I like drawing maps o_O)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Unless you charge with Playcards (no limitation on this one I think) + $200/day, or you won't be able to get it (whole set) NOW, sales only last for 30days.

Just ticket billing, they'll raise/remove your charge limit. Not sure if they have to do some kind of check first, but I'm betting not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Meanwhile, everybody else is upset that it's so absurdly cheap.

$10k is nothing to some players. Read any business article that describes the F2P business model and you'll find that the reason they're so profitable is because the few high-paying customers more than make up for the vast majority of players who pay nothing.

The result is that, contrary to what a lot of complainers think, low prices means the high-paying customers are able to get even further ahead of the free players.

Yeah thankyou,i've played more free to play games than you have i bet,and not for 2 hour long stints either,i'm well aware that you basically try to entice the big spenders to buy high end items that grant you an overpowering edge over most others,but out of every game PW stands head and shoulders above them for pure greed,you just can't deny it when they slap an advertisement on their front page for a suit of armour and a weapon with their cheerfull and friendly writeup thats costs over 10k.

Another thing,free to play games have been very profitable not just due to a few who will pay the most for the best piece of gear,but the majority who will put 100-500 a year into the game,over the long term!

Theres another game i watched fail hard after it went the same sort of way as PW,brought out a new class which at endgame destroyed the others,brought out items that not only cost upwards of 3k to make but rendered gears that players had spent 2 years working on obsolete,there was a big tipping point and then a mass exodus of players,games floundering now and they aren't turning in anywhere near the kind of profits they used too.C-O...i'm sure some here know what those 2 letters stand for.

Got me thinking,i wonder if the chinese company behind that game i was talking about is affiliated with pw...hmm
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

A lot of people are forgetting that many have multiple accounts and multiple credit cards - so that $200/day is really not a restriction or spending limit for them. The 'unopened' chip packs/medal of glory/badges are all trade-able items I believe.
  • mental
    mental Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so cheap
    i jsut spent 3k on a private server xD about 3 years playing that just to know this is cheap guysb:dirty want it..but bleah level is my trouble no time to play nowdays b:cry

my dam....profile pic is a werefox? OMG XD
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    its even cheaper then this post suggests since the price was lowered but uh necroish on this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Rank IX Ring:
    300k rep is $1080

32 general summer tokens:
    375 mys chips for $2
    319,968 mys chips is $1706

3x Medal of Glory
    $75
    Total is: $2861 for the Rank IX Ring

Rank IX Weapon
    5 Medals of Glory = $125
    85 General Summer Tokens
    849,915 chips = $4532
    Total is $4657

Rank IX Chest/Legs/Boots/Wrist (each)

2 Medals of Glory = $50
    14 General Summer Tokens = 139,986 chips = $746
    Total is $796 (ea)

Rank IX Belt

3 Medals of Glory = $75
    32 General Summer Tokens = 319,968 chips = $1706
    Total is $1781

Happy R9ing b:victory

$12,483 is the final price a Rank IX.
    With the max limit $200/day, you would need 63.66 days just to dump the money into PWI bank.

Another thing is unless you charge with Playcards (no limitation on this one I think) + $200/day, or you won't be able to get it (whole set) NOW, sales only last for 30days. Ofc, it'll be back eventually.

And for Rank 8: only $720

being pro and boosting your ego on a video game = priceless.

sorry, i HAD to do thatb:chuckle
  • sarahhowells
    sarahhowells Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Rank IX Ring:
    300k rep is $1080

32 general summer tokens:
    375 mys chips for $2
    319,968 mys chips is $1706

3x Medal of Glory
    $75
    Total is: $2861 for the Rank IX Ring

Rank IX Weapon
    5 Medals of Glory = $125
    85 General Summer Tokens
    849,915 chips = $4532
    Total is $4657

Rank IX Chest/Legs/Boots/Wrist (each)

2 Medals of Glory = $50
    14 General Summer Tokens = 139,986 chips = $746
    Total is $796 (ea)

Rank IX Belt

3 Medals of Glory = $75
    32 General Summer Tokens = 319,968 chips = $1706
    Total is $1781

Happy R9ing b:victory

$12,483 is the final price a Rank IX.
    With the max limit $200/day, you would need 63.66 days just to dump the money into PWI bank.

Another thing is unless you charge with Playcards (no limitation on this one I think) + $200/day, or you won't be able to get it (whole set) NOW, sales only last for 30days. Ofc, it'll be back eventually.

And for Rank 8: only $720

Yeah, if i'm not 100% completely mistaken and horribly wrong, but with the new lower prices wouldn't you just divide those numbers by 10 and that's the new price?

eg: rank 8 is now $72 instead of 720..? I'm not sure about rank 9 but if it applied the same instead of 13k it's actually only 1.3k...hmm

and I know InnerBeast I was creeping on his gear actually has, Rank 9 Weapon, Wrists, Ring and Chest I believe...b:angry kitty no die.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    its even cheaper then this post suggests since the price was lowered but uh necroish on this thread?
    Hasn't been 30 days since last post so not a necro...

Just cuz it's cheap doesn't mean you have to get it, but I guess on a PvP server or for TW it just breaks everything worse than it was already broken.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

KonariRaiden is nao level 1 Archer!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    and I know InnerBeast I was creeping on his gear actually has, Rank 9 Weapon, Wrists, Ring and Chest I believe...b:angry kitty no die.

there is a full r9 wizzie and a full minus weapon/belt wizzie in DW
  • sarahhowells
    sarahhowells Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    there is a full r9 wizzie and a full minus weapon/belt wizzie in DW

Who's that? Elayne?
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No, Elayne is on LC.

Back to a more related note, I think I calculated R9 to be around $1600-$1700. It was like $1,684 or $1643 or something. R8 is 1/10 the price because it's solely based on chips. R9 is based on medals of glory also which didn't drop in price.