14 General Summer Tokens = 139,986 chips = $746
Total is $796 (ea)

Rank IX Belt

3 Medals of Glory = $75
32 General Summer Tokens = 319,968 chips = $1706
Total is $1781

Happy R9ing b:victory

$12,483 is the final price a Rank IX.
With the max limit $200/day, you would need 63.66 days just to dump the money into PWI bank.

Another thing is unless you charge with Playcards (no limitation on this one I think) + $200/day, or you won't be able to get it (whole set) NOW, sales only last for 30days. Ofc, it'll be back eventually.

And for Rank 8: only $720
Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
Post edited by NonameWiz - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:laugh pwi must really be making a lot of money in the past week and in the near future
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so a grand total of ~13k$?
    isnt that the cost of a warsoul more or less?
    if so i pitty those that got warsoul xd
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    or Free.... since all three items are in the DQ rewards lmao.....

GL grinding / getting all that DQ though...... I won't bother. Need to smell the fresh air once in awhile at least.... lmao
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    or Free.... since all three items are in the DQ rewards lmao.....

GL grinding / getting all that DQ though...... I won't bother. Need to smell the fresh air once in awhile at least.... lmao

Still the insane cost of chip fee though xP
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No coin fee for turning in chips for generals swords. Chips you can also get from dq.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Rank IX Weapon
    5 Medals of Glory = $375

$125..
    I just saved everyone $250 dollars. You're welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I vote for a sticky on The Cash Shop Huddle.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • MahoNoNami - Dreamweaver
    MahoNoNami - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Honestly what is the point if your going to buy all your stuff. I personally like earning most of my stuff but I guess that is me.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    $125..
    I just saved everyone $250 dollars. You're welcome.

Fixed. Thx Aste b:kiss
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This latest move sickens me,not cause there could potentially be some muppets who would actually charge enough zhen to buy the rank gears,but it shows the depths pwi will sink too to make money....

I just can't wrap my head around how a f2p games employees and devs (inferior in a lot of ways to p2p games on the market)can sit there and charge extortinate amounts of money for ingame items...amounts that can buy you a new rig,decent car w/e...

I mean its just pure ****ing lunacy now,am i going mad can others not see this?Worlds ****ed up,perfect world that is...

$10k+....seriously...wtf
  • workbish
    workbish Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PW is in serious troubles - just check some of them financial accounts and this:
    http://www.google.com/finance?q=pwrd

they are realy desperate
    b:surrender
  • themarket
    themarket Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    workbish wrote: »
    PW is in serious troubles - just check some of them financial accounts and this:

they are realy desperate

Look at box to the right=
    http://www.google.com/finance/historical?cid=717303&startdate=Sep+01,+2008&enddate=Dec+1,+2010&num=30
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yet they still dont realize the reason there cash is plummeting, and by trying to *fix* it, there breaking the game even more and making more people quit, therefore less cash, lets go back abit...

game was running fine before any of these stupid updates came in, i stoped playing just before the BH came in (once a day) came back again abit later to discover we had 3 BHs, hypers and FC, that, right there, was a game killer, you do not enable the players in the game to level up so fast in such a stupid way, especialy a way that takes away world leveling to such a point, thats what private servers are for,

having 1 BH was fine, it was a nice lil exp boost and something to do in a random squad, now we got 3 BHs which just took all reason from needing to quest or grind to level up, away, same goes to FC.

then PW introduces packs, a way to make insane amounts of money and get god gear by right clicking a box, nice going PW, sure made the game *better* there, just shoving all this **** into the CS, so crazy cash shopers can buy there god gear straight from there CC, is whats making a lot of people start to quit, which again = less money and its gonna keep happening, the game is gonna definatly have a slow death, only way i see the game lasting much longer, is with the new race, a new server without all this fking stupid cash shop ****, 1 BH is fine, no hypers please, and keep in the hp/mp food, thats a good sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I know a lot of CS'ers on Arch server that is going to go for this. I have never in my life met so many 'business owners' that can spend $200 a day for weeks on end.

I smell lots of QQ rage in the future.

Imma rage right now because $10k is so close, yet so far away from me. I dont think I could ever spend $10k on a video game, sorry.
  • workbish
    edited December 2010
    Options
    actually a new server and bountique with: charms, orbs, mounts, aeros and fashions only without any endgame gear (read packs) would be realy cool b:pleased old good times b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Happy R9ing b:victory

$12,733 is the final price a Rank IX.
    With the max limit $200/day, you would need 63.66 days just to dump the money into PWI bank.

That's about the baseline of a typical cash-shop addict here on PWI. There are probably 4-5 dozen people on LC who have spent close to that much or more. I forsee quite a few people obtaining Rank 9, and many more obtaining Rank 8. They've done it quite cleverly. The costs are well broken-up and it feeds the addiction. Get one piece, collect them all. PWI laughs all the way to the bank. I wonder how many people who will go for this +10'd full sets on this last $50 Ocean orb sale. Those are the people this is targeted towards.

So, Rank 8 is the new +10 weapon. It'll only cost you $750.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    actually a new server and bountique with: charms, orbs, mounts, aeros and fashions only without any endgame gear (read packs) would be realy cool b:pleased old good times b:chuckle
    ...and really empty

looks at r9
    looks at my warn bit rusty deicide....
    checks -int on r9 again....
    pfff....

back to farming my tome... hoping im gona have chance to shatter 1 of those soon
  • workbish
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ...and really empty

really empty? i'm almost sure this server would have more ppl than LC and HT together b:chuckle
    edited December 2010
    Options

they are realy desperate

Actually go to the month view and the 5 year view. The month view shows how badly it's tanking. On the 5 year, the most interesting part to me is the gradual and healthy rise before packs first came out, then turbulence over the next 3 months before taking a serious decline, then the turbulence over the last several months of pack sales.

Indeed, PWI tanked themselves and never seemed to realize this.... however I wish that you could view profits during these same times in the same graph... they're really the only ones privy to that information. The chart just tells a little portion of the story.
  • workbish
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Indeed, PWI tanked themselves and never seemed to realize this.... however I wish that you could view profits during these same times in the same graph... they're really the only ones privy to that information. The chart just tells a little portion of the story.

well maybe it's not a graph but explains a bit their situation:
    http://www.chinaknowledge.com/Newswires/News_Detail.aspx?type=1&cat=CMP&NewsID=%2038830
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well maybe it's not a graph but explains a bit their situation:
    http://www.chinaknowledge.com/Newswires/News_Detail.aspx?type=1&cat=CMP&NewsID=%2038830

That actually doesn't say anything about their situation.

Earlier this year PWE used it's massive profits to branch out into video production with a desire to possibly make movies and moved into a few other sectors. Investors knew months ago that these ventures would be a loss, at least at first. Their gaming is what kept them from actually losing money.
  • Sunked - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    On the 5 year, the most interesting part to me is the gradual and healthy rise before packs first came out, then turbulence over the next 3 months before taking a serious decline, then the turbulence over the last several months of pack sales.

honestly i dont think 1 item in 1 devision of 1 game is making such a impact on the whole internatinal company
  • workbish
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That actually doesn't say anything about their situation.

Earlier this year PWE used it's massive profits to branch out into video production with a desire to possibly make movies and moved into a few other sectors. Investors knew months ago that these ventures would be a loss, at least at first. Their gaming is what kept them from actually losing money.

fine >.< here you have some more info
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/news/article.aspx?feed=PR&date=20101115&id=12397899
    edited December 2010
    Options
    honestly i dont think 1 item in 1 devision of 1 game is making such a impact on the whole internatinal company

No matter how many other things PWE is doing, Perfect World is the bread and butter of the company. It is their primary lively hood.

Apparently you weren't around during the massive backlash and enormous exodus from PWI that happened on PWI's first anniversary.

Also note on the 5 year stock price the valuation of the stock before PWE was created. It was relatively stable during the time immediately preceding the opening of PWE. I believe my analysis is pretty spot-on.

b:bye

Read between the lines of BS in their press release. lol
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You know, if PWE would out and say "Would you kindly support our game and staff by buying gold a bit more please?" and put non game breaking items in the cash shop I am sure the community would love them more.
    "'Empire of the Immortals' has already attracted considerable buzz in the market and we are optimistic about its prospects.
    Just read this in workbish's link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sunked - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im here since beta, and yes, packs are lowering sale of everything else in butique

at the end of the day its company cant blame them for seling something everyone is buying like crazy, not evil basteard keeping pack just cose they like pll qqing

but if they single bestseller of all times is actually making less money than everyrhing else without it they must have some stats and somoene smart enough should notice and act... should...

Read between the lines of BS in their press release. lol
    b:laugh so u expected honesty in financial report for investors
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wow, the **** just got so much cheaper.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im here since beta, and yes, packs are lowering sale of everything else in butique

at the end of the day its company cant blame them for seling something everyone is buying like crazy, not evil basteard keeping pack just cose they like pll qqing

but if they single bestseller of all times is actually making less money than everyrhing else without it they must have some stats and somoene smart enough should notice and act... should...

Well, if you remember, they lost like 20-30% of their established player base almost immediately. The only reason the game didn't feel completely dead is because of all the old people who rerolled TB and some of the new players that it attracted. Up until may or June LC seemed pretty much dead. Then immediately after TW changes, it died again...
    b:laugh so u expected honesty in financial report for investors

Of course not, that's why I pointed it out. lol
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I just can't wrap my head around how a f2p games employees and devs (inferior in a lot of ways to p2p games on the market)can sit there and charge extortinate amounts of money for ingame items...amounts that can buy you a new rig,decent car w/e...

I mean its just pure ****ing lunacy now,am i going mad can others not see this?Worlds ****ed up,perfect world that is...

$10k+....seriously...wtf
    Meanwhile, everybody else is upset that it's so absurdly cheap.

$10k is nothing to some players. Read any business article that describes the F2P business model and you'll find that the reason they're so profitable is because the few high-paying customers more than make up for the vast majority of players who pay nothing.

The result is that, contrary to what a lot of complainers think, low prices means the high-paying customers are able to get even further ahead of the free players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Sunked - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    New year, companies r checking their finances, making plans for new year, lets hope someone will realize that big vibrant player base its the biggest long term asset for company like this, and some short term profit is not worth to sacrifice it. So im hoping new extension will revamp not only the map.

And LC is still very much alive at least judging by amount of red/yellow spam and ppl lurking around, comparing to other mmo at least.

ONTOPIC: who cares about r9, those 10 pll who actually will bother to get it wont make any difference