Oh perfect world, how I remember thee

Tamuz - Lost City
Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
I quit perfect world a long time ago, back when 85 was high and you couldn't earn it through oracles. Back when gold was around 100-200k. Back when gold was 300K. Now what is happening? PWe knows PWI is dieing, so they simply ruin the economy even move. I remember when the panda was worth about 20 mil+, not because it was in the shop for 25 gold but because it was rare. Back when PWI cared about their people. Honestly I doubt many old people really play PWI anymore, all the people in Essence( i think thats the lost city guys ) are all people who bought oracles and the best gears. I'm glad I played PWI when it was good, when it was possible to get that new mount with hard work, unlike know where it requires you to grind for about 2 days straight ? If you're lucky.

Inb4 lock or ban, I doubt PWe would want people saying this about the new corrupted PWI
Post edited by Tamuz - Lost City on

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It happens, unfortunately that's just life. PWI own the game and therefore they can do as they like to it. They may have completely killed it with excessive sales, but they got rich from it, so I guess it worked out ok for them. Games like this cater purely to highly addicted rich uber-obsessed type of players, not the players looking for a rewarding and enjoyable gaming experience. Plenty of other games out there that do that.

What baffles me though is they killed it just before a massive expansion. I know quite a large chunk of the player-base wont be around to see it. Myself, I have a sub for a P2P waiting for me at Christmas. And a lot of the players who do hang around will have very little incentive to splash out more cash after the whole thing with OP sins, 5.0, and crazy hyper/oracle promotions last expansion.

The expansion itself must have cost a good deal of cash, and I can guarantee it will not earn them as much as the rising tide did. Really, from a business perspective, they should have just forgot the expansion and left the servers running in the background until they stopped yielding profit or broke down, and concentrated on their other games
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    With current gold prices driving the good things up and the useless things down the blame is to go all around. <---lol

The droprate seems to be lower and i say this from perfect memory of what it was like before 2x events. Not easily tricked by optical illusions am i.

But to my point of posting, it still requires hard work, harder work then before really since TT mats are next to cheap so making money is hard. And for the people who can kill the hard bosses in 3-x they are not selling cheap making getting better gear harder as well.

When we see the lives of the angels going dark, we shall hear the song of the withering bark, the trees, the flowers, the sun and the water, they speak of the old days with such mournful sentiments. The TTs are boring, the warsongs are learning that the players are morning the lost of their lives.

I think i need sleep...
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You should recruit people to join you for the launch of Forsaken World. Be quick to make memories of it though, because eventually PWE will launch a cash shop sale which will break economy and make many people and their mothers angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Lets not forget how grinding and crazy stone was the way to level either. Ah, 300k for a gold hp/mp charm. I quit around the time that genies came in (and evil...y when to private servers ._.), but everything that's happened since Rising Tide has just made me lol.
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I really don't believe that people will oracle past 80...there's just no way a person can tolerate that..
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I really don't believe that people will oracle past 80...there's just no way a person can tolerate that..

It's inhuman to think that this is a good way of leveling, most people FCC now. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's inhuman to think that this is a good way of leveling, most people FCC now. b:victory

Couldn't have been said any better, sister. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I remember multiple people talking about using oracles after level 90. Seriously.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    New game time. I want one that at least fixes bugs! Downloading a new one now. b:pleased Hell of a download though.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    New game time. I want one that at least fixes bugs! Downloading a new one now. b:pleased Hell of a download though.

mind pming me what game?

EDIT: or just go for it on here lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well... there are hypers
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Didn't expect another qq post.. you got me!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Musfel - Sanctuary
    Musfel - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    dekaron is still fun to play
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    mind pming me what game?

EDIT: or just go for it on here lol

Done.

And for those wondering what it is, it's the game Keph is playing as well. b:quiet
  • XJmKx - Sanctuary
    XJmKx - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So many QQ threads about this o.O If you hate it so much, why dont you just delete ur char, uninstall and not go to forums?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I quit perfect world a long time ago, back when 85 was high and you couldn't earn it through oracles. Back when gold was around 100-200k. Back when gold was 300K. Now what is happening? PWe knows PWI is dieing, so they simply ruin the economy even move. I remember when the panda was worth about 20 mil+, not because it was in the shop for 25 gold but because it was rare. Back when PWI cared about their people. Honestly I doubt many old people really play PWI anymore, all the people in Essence( i think thats the lost city guys ) are all people who bought oracles and the best gears. I'm glad I played PWI when it was good, when it was possible to get that new mount with hard work, unlike know where it requires you to grind for about 2 days straight ? If you're lucky.

Inb4 lock or ban, I doubt PWe would want people saying this about the new corrupted PWI

It was said 1M times but to the deaf ears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Time to move on to a game where devs are stupid enough to let people easily make a living by playing their games. Can we disgruntle people just take a hike and move on though or are we going to troll these forums forever?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    lol It's funyn seeing people say uninstall and quit, i did. Just telling PWe that this game is dead to the majority of original PWI players and the PW-MY players
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Aren't you that really horrible cleric that I used to be in Ominous with? You used to spam me with whispers saying "tell starla to SING SING SING" and "SING SING SING SING" while we were in vent cause she BL you? You were a freak and a creeper.

BTW, many people in Essence have been playing for years. And while some of them hyper oracled, most of them are relatively skilled.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Aren't you that really horrible cleric that I used to be in Ominous with? You used to spam me with whispers saying "tell starla to SING SING SING" and "SING SING SING SING" while we were in vent cause she BL you? You were a freak and a creeper.

BTW, many people in Essence have been playing for years. And while some of them hyper oracled, most of them are relatively skilled.

b:bye

lol :D ! i was usually a bad cleric but towards the end i was bad
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol, well at least you're honest. That earns my respect. b:chuckle b:kiss
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    cleric is such a boring class people always think they can take on a boss when they are way to weak.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Lady_of_rage - Lost City
    Lady_of_rage - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    cleric is such a boring class people always think they can take on a boss when they are way to weak.

Hey, hey, that doesn't mean we're boringb:surrender
    We are Death, destroyer of Worlds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey, hey, that doesn't mean we're boringb:surrender

Well i guess so it just means you have to deal with people who dont know how to play
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:chuckle love people who act like they've been in PW for ever, consider it's only been around, well US version since 2008 only 2 yrs old. Than quits and QQ's over sumthin new thats brought out. Maybe they should just suck it up and adapt to the changes or if they are gonna quite actually quite and stop posting on forums like people who still plays really cares.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Inb4 the stone age of 2008.

When I was a kid, no one gave a **** about the "long time ago" stories. Oh wait, still don't.

Just a thought -- if you quit, stop posting and play another game? I played back when gold was 80-100K and it was worth getting the crappy 1m chests too. Guess what? Just as many whiners. You're not in some elite and exclusive club just because you played that long, nor are you cool just because you played when gold was a lower coin value. The game will also not even blink that you supposedly quit. Scores more players replaced you, and they're likely more useful.
  • Samler - Dreamweaver
    Samler - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I remember multiple people talking about using oracles after level 90. Seriously.

Lmfao, I remember that too O.o Then FC came along.. and people really stopped talking about them after hypers came out xD
    I still play.. b:surrender
  • Samler - Dreamweaver
    Samler - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2010

You don't know much..
    I've seen a cleric equipped with tons of physical def. and HP shards take on a boss and solo most of FC, lol. Even though he was a.. b:angry

Of course, thats your opinion. Clerics are awesome ;) I enjoy healing people and running after that cute kitty *cough* Barb. >.> b:chuckle
    I still play.. b:surrender
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2010

When I was a kid, no one gave a **** about the "long time ago" stories. Oh wait, still don't.

Just a thought -- if you quit, stop posting and play another game? I played back when gold was 80-100K and it was worth getting the crappy 1m chests too. Guess what? Just as many whiners. You're not in some elite and exclusive club just because you played that long, nor are you cool just because you played when gold was a lower coin value. The game will also not even blink that you supposedly quit. Scores more players replaced you, and they're likely more useful.

Lmfao, its been about one week since I logged back on forums and what I find?
    You being an smartass over everyone else, wow left you like that and came back and found you the same way.

Go get a life.

Don't bother on going smartass on me, because I won't even read your dumb messages for one more week lol :)

-edit-

Btw, rant, the game is dead. *wink wink*
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Haha and this is the guy going on about people nerd raging.