Equinox Vs. Kindrid

Dsholder - Dreamweaver
Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Tideswell (East)
Any special reasons Equinox bid against Kindrid this weekend instead of against Regenesis?
[SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
Post edited by Dsholder - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    to get another city maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think that Equinox see bigger chance against Kindrid instead of Regenesis. A TW against Regenesis would be a sure loss and waste of resources while against Kindrid, which is not so powerful faction ( personal opinion ), the Equinox members have bigger chance of winning a land and expanding their possession.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's for the same reasons Tempest decided to go to the southern corner that was the furthest away from Thousand Streams. To get away from Regen, to secure as many lvl 2's as you can, to keep a solid income of mirages and to continue building a faction from their land holding.

Or maybe, just maybe, they realize that cutting through Lost, they can bring us a war in Thousand Streams that means much more than Archosaur? :o Guess we'll find out, 2 weeks from now.

Why did Tempest not bid? or did you guys get outbid? don't know which one would be worst in what's supposed to be the second strongest TW faction at this point.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think that Equinox see bigger chance against Kindrid instead of Regenesis. A TW against Regenesis would be a sure loss and waste of resources while against Kindrid, which is not so powerful faction ( personal opinion ), the Equinox members have bigger chance of winning a land and expanding their possession.

Sure loss? Waste of resources? I do believe you have a distorted view of this, sir.

What many these days seem to see as Calamity 2.0 don't realise that Regenesis' numbers are less than it's predecessor. I've heard from numerous sources that up to 30% of it's member base are alt characters. Could or could not be accurate. But all speculation has a little truth in it.

To this, i'm sure the first argument that comes to mind is "quality, not quantity," but thanks to the recent surge of Rank 8 on the servers, the playing field is considerably more level now.

So, basically speaking, it's all down to tactics.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sure loss? Waste of resources? I do believe you have a distorted view of this, sir.

What many these days seem to see as Calamity 2.0 don't realise that Regenesis' numbers are less than it's predecessor. I've heard from numerous sources that up to 30% of it's member base are alt characters. Could or could not be accurate. But all speculation has a little truth in it.

To this, i'm sure the first argument that comes to mind is "quality, not quantity," but thanks to the recent surge of Rank 8 on the servers, the playing field is considerably more level now.

So, basically speaking, it's all down to tactics.

ehe 30% ur source sucks just as hard.
    14'ish out of 18x does not make 30%. more like 6-7%.
    besides, most of the old tw core is here. will see tomorrow how many show up i guess.

the R8 sale gave noobs more dmg cheap, however their armor is still the same /squish and you dont gain TW experience from buying 200k rep. I even see people use R8 ring now instead of 2x lunar. means even less pdef on alrdy squishy ppl lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Ozumaki - Dreamweaver
    Ozumaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ehe 30% ur source sucks just as hard.
    14'ish out of 18x does not make 30%. more like 6-7%.
    besides, most of the old tw core is here. will see tomorrow how many show up i guess.

the R8 sale gave noobs more dmg cheap, however their armor is still the same /squish and you dont gain TW experience from buying 200k rep. I even see people use R8 ring now instead of 2x lunar. means even less pdef on alrdy squishy ppl lol.

For wizz R8 ring is better than lunar ring b:shutup
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    For wizz R8 ring is better than lunar ring b:shutup

Depends on the neck/belt also, i've seen some interesting ornament choices lol
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010

Pro espionage skills must always be pro. If we were in the dire need of members you assume we are, we would have just accepted like, 20+ applications we received from EQ, Tempest and Dynasty members that remain there because they were denied b:cute

Why don't you check core connect, which is way more reliable than your "reliable sources" (lol), and tell me more about this alts? Better yet, ask your leaders to stop fleeing south and push for us, see how weak we really are b:chuckle

Being the one in charge of numbers for TW, attendance and roster, I can tell you that exactly 11 players are alts, and those alts won't be in faction in 2 weeks time, when we hope to have processed all our current apps and fill our roster before Genesis (unless someone quits, rerolls or comes back)

The only difference between today and a 5 weekends ago is... nah why spoil it, I'd rather show you guys tomorrow b:sin
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm amazed that you people still give a ****... b:sweat
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Well if you don't, you can stay out of the topic lol.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:angry

BACK OFF... my ****! *GROWLS* *RAWRS!*

Anyways all kidding aside. I think I was kidding. b:avoid

Seriously I haven't quite followed it the past few months been mroe interested in merchanting for 5.0. QQ =x

(might edit more later)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The only difference between today and a 5 weekends ago is... nah why spoil it, I'd rather show you guys tomorrow b:sin

Believe me, I look forward to tomorrow.b:cute
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    It's for the same reasons Tempest decided to go to the southern corner that was the furthest away from Thousand Streams. To get away from Regen, to secure as many lvl 2's as you can, to keep a solid income of mirages and to continue building a faction from their land holding.

Or maybe, just maybe, they realize that cutting through Lost, they can bring us a war in Thousand Streams that means much more than Archosaur? :o Guess we'll find out, 2 weeks from now.

Why did Tempest not bid? or did you guys get outbid? don't know which one would be worst in what's supposed to be the second strongest TW faction at this point.

For the Tempest bidding thing, Tempest did bid vs. MafiaRUs Courage Path and lost the bid.

I dislike the reason to secure lands/mirages. I do know that Raging Tides was for the Apoth, that's fine, but getting more lands for mirages from smaller factions would in my opinion be wrong. b:surrender

Equinox has Arch already, but is cutting through the path of small factions when they have the chance to attack Regenesis. EQ bid on a small faction weeks ago instead of taking Tradewind Village, and now instead of having the opportunity to send 6 catapults on Etherblade they are now going to be receiving 8 Catapults on their unprotected, level 1territory. What I will wonder is, will Equinox treat EpicPhail like they treated Inversion before, and try to steam roll them instead of defending against Regenesis.

Anyways for people to see my sight on the map here's a link I posted against Tempest TW bidding this weekend.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6731/twmap.png

• Rob_Zomby - Dreamweaver
    Rob_Zomby - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm sure EQ has their reasons for attacking EpicPhail instead of Regen. Their officers, I know personally, always have a good reason for something. Maybe they thought Regen wouldn't attack Arch this week and just keep moving eastward. If ya noticed, Regen, in my eyes <3, only has a sliver of land to grab while EQ has a whole whopper underneath them. I don't know, I'm just a noob kitty b:cute but ya..... we'll see how things go this week =] best of luck EQ <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lylfo5 wrote: »
    Well if you don't, you can stay out of the topic lol.

If I stay out then I'll be bored at work b:cry
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • joecritter
    joecritter Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Yeah, I don't blame you. That was quite a contrast. :P
  • timkalex
    timkalex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Exactly what Rob said..last time I check any faction can bid on who ever they feel like to bid on. It's legal, it was a shame that Tempest did get out bided. Don't QQ Ds.
  • joecritter
    edited December 2010
    I'm sure EQ has their reasons for attacking EpicPhail instead of Regen. Their officers, I know personally, always have a good reason for something. Maybe they thought Regen wouldn't attack Arch this week and just keep moving eastward. If ya noticed, Regen, in my eyes <3, only has a sliver of land to grab while EQ has a whole whopper underneath them. I don't know, I'm just a noob kitty b:cute but ya..... we'll see how things go this week =] best of luck EQ <3

Um, EpicPhail attacked EQ. Not the other way around. I'm sure they had good reason too...Like a gank on EQ so that Regen had a chance to win vs Archosaur. Quite necessary because having 8 catapaults vs EQ's 4 (the level 1 city scenario) was not enough even with the gank.
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    timkalex wrote: »
    Exactly what Rob said..last time I check any faction can bid on who ever they feel like to bid on. It's legal, it was a shame that Tempest did get out bided. Don't QQ Ds.

Yea Ds, don't blame EQ for bidding on a faction which they deemed more equal to them than Regen. We all know that the map will be all green once again soon. Time to farm as many mirages as possible lol.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    joecritter wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't blame you. That was quite a contrast. :P
    It was a very entertaining TW even if we couldn't win, there's just no pleasing to you Warrrl. I've rolled EQ in 5 minutes TWs, you'd QQ we do it to fast. We fail to win a very entertaining TW, you bash us we couldn't.

Guess instead of congratulating each other for an excellent TW you'd just rather mock me. That's fine b:bye
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • joecritter
    edited December 2010
    It was a very entertaining TW even if we couldn't win, there's just no pleasing to you Warrrl. I've rolled EQ in 5 minutes TWs, you'd QQ we do it to fast. We fail to win a very entertaining TW, you bash us we couldn't.

Guess instead of congratulating each other for an excellent TW you'd just rather mock me. That's fine b:bye

1) I did thank you for a good TW at the end of it. In WorldChat even.

2) I never QQ'd about anything you guys have done or did even if I might disagree with it. In fact the preceding was my first forum post in over a year so I tend to think you don't know what I did disagree with you guys about.

2) I actually liked Calamity. ALOT. I like Regenesis even more because of it's better quality per member ratio. I don't consider you the enemy. Youre the opposition. For the most part, pretty honorable opponents too. Even more so since the "Regensis Reformation".

3) I think the people in Regen/Cala who know me will back me up on the above.

4) The only thing I did in the preceding post was point out the inaccuracy of your preceding post. It is the risk one assumes when one talks smack in that fashion and proceeds to be unable to back it up. As I am unwilling to take such a risk, it is precisely why I do not talk smack. I think it's good advice for anyone to follow, less they get it pointed out.

Also, once you talk smack, you really can't later claim to be taking the high road because someone else (me, in this case) points it out to you (How dare they do such a thing! When I talk smack and am unable to back it up, I should be left alone!). If you don't want it made mention of, you shouldn't engage in the activity. It's really the best policy.

I'd just assume we go back to our happy weekly TW's. They are a blast.

Peace man. Really.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    timkalex wrote: »

I'm sure factions can bid on whoever they please. Thanks for allowing me to see though, the philosphy of a colorful map doesn't exist with your faction anymore after your past weeks bid. But since you're asking me not QQ, I ask you this, admit that Equinox doesn't care about a colorful TW map and that they will keep continuing to attack lower factions than them. Does your faction also have the goal of dominating the entire map, as the past Calamity has done? I'll accept you attacking weaker factions only if you admit that you don't care about other TW factions having territory war with each other in the upcoming months, because honestly, with the current scenerio there wouldn't be many lands left, correct? And if many lands aren't left, your faction can't 'give' any lands away, because that'd be in violation of the TW guidelines/policy, leading to a faction's leader ban (temporarily of course). So tell me Tria, do you think is fair, and healthy for the territory map for your faction, Equinox, to declare war on factions significantly weaker?

• vetec
    vetec Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    But what about Tempest bid on MafiaRus land?
    So Tempest also doesn't care about a colorful TW map...
    "A Wise Monkey Never Monkeys With Another Monkey's Monkey!"
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Speculation is always fun to read. :)

I think its time that people start focusing on what their own factions are doing though instead of worrying about what other factions are doing...

Last nights TW - Eq VS Regen, was the most fun I have had in months! HUGE Thank you to everyone who participated b:pleased
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Like ShadowOfLife, this was the best TW I had in a long time! I didn't enjoy it just because Equinox won; its a bonus, though! It was great to TW against Cala/Regen again. Both factions were great on the battlefield. I hope we can treat each other as simple rivals outside of the battlefield without hostility.

If you read this Rob <3 I'm after you in TW now. (not like I normally have the chance to DD, but whatever.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Um, EpicPhail attacked EQ. Not the other way around. I'm sure they had good reason too...Like a gank on EQ so that Regen had a chance to win vs Archosaur. Quite necessary because having 8 catapaults vs EQ's 4 (the level 1 city scenario) was not enough even with the gank.

no matter how u turn it around. defending have always been the easyest. even all the time in the past where eq was the strongest of cala/eq. then we could still manage to defend, even tho couldnt win atatck for over 1 month straight. ( 2-3 months?)

R8 sale didnt make it easyer. eveyrone can have a +5 R8 wep with dmg as good as +10 lunar for less than 75m. while armors didnt change. Cat barbs get ***** fast as soon ppl actually gets to hit them.

Gratz on the win tho, was a fun fight. Missed that for months.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I like hugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010

It was a fun tw, a lot moreso than the ones since map reset (although o_o vs Warlock was fun when o_o attacked). congrats on the win.

However, I'm going to say now that i find it funny to see you complaining about having 2 defenses at once, after months of EQ/Dyna/Vanquish/Tempest saying that 3 attacks on cala all at the same time should be expected and was completely fair. I'm more or less on break from game at least til my exams are over and not an officer, so while i could be wrong, i don't think that we coordinated with EpicPhail for the attack. It was pretty obvious to anyone that Regen would be attacking eq, and easily possible for people to decide independent of anyone else to try to take advantage of that. It makes a lot more sense than EpicPhail attacking EQ when EQ has no other opponents.
    Any faction with 2 or more lands is subject to facing 2 or more attacks. Not just Cala/Regen. I'd expect to see it become more common against most of the top factions in coming weeks, so best get used to the idea that you won't get 1v1s now. And, personally, i'll be disappointed if factions don't step up to attack Regen/EQ/dyna/tempest while they have other wars also. The map won't stay interesting for very long if everyone tries to avoid the factions most likely to try to take over sections of it.
  • joecritter
    edited December 2010
    It was a fun tw, a lot moreso than the ones since map reset (although o_o vs Warlock was fun when o_o attacked). congrats on the win.

However, I'm going to say now that i find it funny to see you complaining about having 2 defenses at once, after months of EQ/Dyna/Vanquish/Tempest saying that 3 attacks on cala all at the same time should be expected and was completely fair.

If you thought I was complaining you misunderstood me. There is not much that makes me complain about TW.

About the only complaint I've ever had about an EQ/Cala-Regen TW was the one where we all managed to crash the server...twice. While it sucked, I think we can all agree that THAT'S GOTTA BE AN EPIC TW :)

I was pointing out that Andres was incorrect when he more than implied it was just going to be like the old days where Cala ran over people roughshod. It clearly wasn't the case. Now people are QQing over the fact I had the audacity to make a one sentence reply in which I pointed that out. All I can say is "Geez. We're all better competitors than that...or I at least would hope so."

Far as what it means for the future? I personally have no idea. It was one TW and that's not enough data. Both EQ and Cala/Regen are very different factions now then they were in October. Both better I think. But it's clearly not a scenario like what you had in October -- hence my reply to Andres.

I had a lot of fun yesterday and I agree with FatherTed. I like hugs.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    vetec wrote: »
    But what about Tempest bid on MafiaRus land?
    So Tempest also doesn't care about a colorful TW map...

I've already talked to Tempest officers and members about the bid on Mafia and I'm still trying to change the locations we attack to not attack small factions, weather effortless or not.

Speculation is always fun to read. :)

I think its time that people start focusing on what their own factions are doing though instead of worrying about what other factions are doing...

Last nights TW - Eq VS Regen, was the most fun I have had in months! HUGE Thank you to everyone who participated b:pleased

Another Equinox officer telling me to not worry about their bidding, lovely. So Shadow do you also not believe in a colorful map? Do you believe in trying to dominate the entire map and not let the smal TW factions fight each other? I have focused deeply on my faction though and what' we have done. But I'm also concentrating on every other faction and their bids to see which one will try to pain the map first, so that I can call blaim to them when people are complaining in 6 months about TW being dead for their small guilds.

Like ShadowOfLife, this was the best TW I had in a long time! I didn't enjoy it just because Equinox won; its a bonus, though! It was great to TW against Cala/Regen again. Both factions were great on the battlefield. I hope we can treat each other as simple rivals outside of the battlefield without hostility.

If you read this Rob <3 I'm after you in TW now. (not like I normally have the chance to DD, but whatever.)

You said the TW was fun. I'm sure it was because your guild is in comparison to Regenesis. Anyways though, post how fun you think Equinox vs. Kindrid will be to you. Maybe next weekend, that is if what you say is true "this was the best TW I had in a long time!" then you should encourage your leader to bid against Regenesis next weekend, rather than a faction significantly weaker.

However, I'm going to say now that i find it funny to see you complaining about having 2 defenses at once, after months of EQ/Dyna/Vanquish/Tempest saying that 3 attacks on cala all at the same time should be expected and was completely fair. I'm more or less on break from game at least til my exams are over and not an officer, so while i could be wrong, i don't think that we coordinated with EpicPhail for the attack. It was pretty obvious to anyone that Regen would be attacking eq, and easily possible for people to decide independent of anyone else to try to take advantage of that. It makes a lot more sense than EpicPhail attacking EQ when EQ has no other opponents.
    Any faction with 2 or more lands is subject to facing 2 or more attacks. Not just Cala/Regen. I'd expect to see it become more common against most of the top factions in coming weeks, so best get used to the idea that you won't get 1v1s now. And, personally, i'll be disappointed if factions don't step up to attack Regen/EQ/dyna/tempest while they have other wars also. The map won't stay interesting for very long if everyone tries to avoid the factions most likely to try to take over sections of it.

That's very true Shadowfire. Imagine what the bids against Equinox will look next weekend when system message says "X faction has bid on Equinox Archosaur."

On a personal note, will an Equinox officer please post to say if they care about small guilds owning land, or if they don't care, thanks. I'll definitely be fine if you care about trying to dominate the whole map and not let the low guilds fight each other, as long as you come out and say it first. Because then, I'll treat TW with an entirely different perspective.

Ex:
    - Strongest faction eats all.
    - 5 minutes TW each week will be acceptable.
    - TW is all about the farming of mirages, woot.
    - Less colors on the map, they're ugly anyways.
    - Guilds too small, yea you shouldn't bid too much eventually vs. the big guys cause it'd be fake bid if your guild rosters aren't reasonable and you lose an attack in 5 minutes and IF somehow your faction gets a gank in, the big guild will try to get your leader banned if they are dissapointed with the outcomes of their TW.

Do you honestly thing the above examples will be healthy for TW. No.