PWI: Genesis Teaser Site is now Live!

Options

Comments

• Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Caster types are going to love having Seekers in squad. Here's a skill my Seeker learned at lv 24

"Curses the enemy, making it take 12% more damage from metal attacks and metal spells for 330 seconds."

Yes, that's level one. And there's going to be a water and fire variant too.

Also, I personally don't think Seekers play very much like BMs so far.
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I actually do like how they thought the new classes.

Seeker is hardly comparable to wizard really. Do archers' metal attacks make them wizards ? No.

Mystic is also well thought as it can make itself useful in different situations without really replacing old classes as I know of.
  • Bun$ - Archosaur
    Bun$ - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @SerenityMare: =o i dont think so idk if it's a heal over time skill and from what i've seen they can only auto rez themselves xD if they have a buff on them and allows them to do that o.o but i have seen wizards heal squads before @~@ and they're pets are time limited? lol i think venos should get a pet that blows up (that will teach all the ppl who think it's nice to kill a venos pet)b:laugh
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Feb 2011 .. 3months in Translation or more a case of Lost in Translation.

For those saying PWI need time to get it right after the TB fiasco I certainly hope you are right and after 3 months it is released 100% bug free, all new class skills out, rubberbanding fixed on the entire map etc etc ........... but sadly this is PWI we are talking about and experience shows that even after 3 months the game will be bug ridden with new ones added

Trying to compete with FW and all the other big releases we can't name ? Imo you are going to be onto a loser ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Caster types are going to love having Seekers in squad. Here's a skill my Seeker learned at lv 24

"Curses the enemy, making it take 12% more damage from metal attacks and metal spells for 330 seconds."

Yes, that's level one. And there's going to be a water and fire variant too.

Also, I personally don't think Seekers play very much like BMs so far.

***** hell.. ty pwi for ruining our archer's metal debuff. which is useless when seeker comes out, since their debuff lasts 5min or so.. woopdeefriggindoo

(was pissed too when i found out veno's could get a -20%max hp skill, it runs that deep, my love for my archer's skills QQ)
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    From Chinese version <assuming same for us due to lack of other info>

UI:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4865/88594623.jpg

Character Create Screen

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6196/charcreate.jpg

Territory Map:

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4246/mapyu.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @SerenityMare: =o i dont think so idk if it's a heal over time skill and from what i've seen they can only auto rez themselves xD if they have a buff on them and allows them to do that o.o but i have seen wizards heal squads before @~@ and they're pets are time limited? lol i think venos should get a pet that blows up (that will teach all the ppl who think it's nice to kill a venos pet)b:laugh

You do realize that the cleric's main healing skill 'Ironheart Blessing' is a heal over time, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ***** hell.. ty pwi for ruining our archer's metal debuff. which is useless when seeker comes out, since their debuff lasts 5min or so.. woopdeefriggindoo

(was pissed too when i found out veno's could get a -20%max hp skill, it runs that deep, my love for my archer's skills QQ)

No it won't. It is NOT a reduced metal resist debuff. It is an amp damage similar to Heaven's Flame, but for metal attacks. Therefore, you can have archer metal debuffs and Seeker metal debuffs at the same time. Comes with its own icon and everything. In fact, archers can benefit from this too :D
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

I adore my archer and generally, I stopped playing this game when I had to be 5aps or basically suffer. I couldn't keep up with the ever-increasing demands of -int archers the more pack sales, and eventually even my friends were pretty much set on having -int in their squad. I was ousted from the game because I just couldn't catch up, and didn't have the IRL time to sit and farm and farm and farm.

I can't say I feel any pain at seeing the archer's metal debuff getting stomped on by the Seeker. As I said, the new classes are a hybrid mixture of two of the old classes, and slowly along with the Tideborn they're ousting most of the old classes or forcing them to change play styles completely if they want to remain competitive.

I was not one of the fortunate few who had friends who didn't want to be part of the PWI equivalent of the gold rush, and was quickly left behind by everybody, friend or otherwise. The expansion will only replace most aspects of the old classes all the more. It shouldn't come as a surprise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No it won't. It is NOT a reduced metal resist debuff. It is an amp damage similar to Heaven's Flame, but for metal attacks. Therefore, you can have archer metal debuffs and Seeker metal debuffs at the same time. Comes with its own icon and everything. In fact, archers can benefit from this too :D

omg you dear sir, made my day! b:kiss damn i take back what i said xD woop
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    4 new places sweet ^.^
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Until late levels yes o.o but the true question is, are they stackable friendly. :D
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    February = fail
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    from understanding a seeker will likely be like a BM/Barb, with more mid ranged attacks with the same statting 15 HP per vit, as a bm, and a similar party buff, 12 defense levels at lvl 1 for 30 mins. The only thing seemingly that makes them different is the skill we've all been plugged that supposedly is a Purify that reflects your neg status onto one attacker. I do feel bad for Clerics, and will be there to hear the complaints roll in when they say, "MyStIcZ Is Op HeAlErZ We IsH TeH oNlEe HeAlzoRz"

or something to that flaming extent.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    omg you dear sir, made my day! b:kiss damn i take back what i said xD woop

In gen they are magic friendly :D

good for Archer/Cleric as well as psy/wizzy.

Seeker/Archer/Wizzy or Psy/Cleric/Veno or Cleric/Ninja: Mystic
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *sigh* And here I was getting my hopes up for actual, new information. Beside the release date, everything on that page was very well known for many. Hell, I even tried it out myself.

Feb 2011... That's quite the time there. I expect no valentines event happening again. I guess it'll make up as a birthday present I suppose.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • NarcissaFox - Raging Tide
    NarcissaFox - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    D: and i was hoping for late december early jan. so much for an awesome bday present. oh well guess its good its not rushed. wouldn't want another experience like when rising tide came out.
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There's a lot of 'coming soon' on that site.

My guess is this site was put up, hastily, to appease the masses baying for information.

I believe more details will follow as it is A) released to International Devs and B) Translated

I'd keep checking it, my guess is, lots more will be added between now and Feb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Here's a screen with the Seeker metal amp damage if anyone is curious:
    http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8778/20101209163140.png

It may be too early to say, but based on what I've played so far, the Seeker class does not play like a BM or a Wizard. Here's an example of how you would fight as a Seeker.

-Warning: the following may confuse you-

Skill A, learned at Lv9: Short ranged attack that deals physical damage.

Skill B, learned at Lv13: Gives you a self buff and gives your weapon a badass red firey glow. Every attack now has a chance at 'cursing' the enemy with a unique debuff.

If used by itself, skill A is no different from something like Drake's Ray. Skill B's debuff is worthless by itself.

However....

If the Seeker attacks an enemy until it recieves Skill B's debuff and then cast Skill A, the attack will deal increased damage, immobilize the enemy for 3 seconds, and reduce its defense level by 13 for 8 seconds.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So the curse debuff takes effect after the next attack depending on move.

Edit:

The debuff works on the following skill.

attack -> normal attack
    buff -> attack until debuff takes effect -> normal skill with debuff effects

• Daizengar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So the curse debuff takes effect after the next attack depending on move.

The curse debuffs only take effect if a specific attack is used. If you use skills that don't correspond to it, nothing happens.

There is also a new type of buff that is not added on to you, but your WEAPON. Weapon buffs!
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i cant wait for guild bases :D
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    QQ more QQers, you asked for the released date and you got it, no1 said the real deal would be this year ( and I can see why since I'm playing open beta on the CN servers).
    But on Topic, thank you very very much frankie for breaking the ice for all of our anticipation, and "we" patiently await this release in the best of PWI's fashion. February=Month of Loveb:dirty

*sneaks back to the CN OB and plays epic seeker* mah seeker is epiczb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • Glowtricia - Lost City
    Glowtricia - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Disappointing release dateb:cry
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what are these characters fighting in the video, looney tunes??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nobody's mentioned the actual new information on the faction base page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Elvis_ - Lost City
    Elvis_ - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:sadb:surrenderb:surrender i give upp pwii takes way to long and they sooo lame in communication 3 months doesnt = around the corner
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nobody's mentioned the actual new information on the faction base page.
    i silently spazzed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:laugh No QQing unless you have lvl 70+ of each char w/o hypering >.>
    :\ Got 30+ toons xD

• $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver
    $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    omg ... 02/11 ??

i want sooner QQ
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric